Avatar: The Legend Of Korra a...

By LegendOfAlpine

A thing I wrote a while ago following the basic storyline of ATLOK's season 4, but with the ending completely... More

Chapter 1. Kiriko
Chapter 2. Katsuo
Chapter 3. Kiriko
Chapter 4. Katsuo
Chapter 5. Kiriko
Chapter 6. Katsuo
Chapter 7. Kiriko
Chapter 8. Katsuo
Chapter 10. Katsuo
Chapter 11. Kiriko
Chapter 12. Katsuo
Chapter 13. Kiriko
Chapter 14. Katsuo
Chapter 15. Kiriko
Chapter 16. Katsuo
Chapter 17. Kiriko
Chapter 18. Katsuo
Chapter 19. Kiriko
Chapter 20. Katsuo

Chapter 9. Kiriko

30 1 0
By LegendOfAlpine

Kiriko, Kuvira, Baatar Jr, and Bolin returned Kuvira's encampment in the nearby valley.

Bolin: You were just bluffing, right? I mean, you're not really going to attack zaofu... are you?

Kuvira: When people don't cooperate, we must find other ways of convincing them to join.

Bolin: Other ways? How many times have we used these other ways in the past?

Kiriko: You know how many, Bolin. Only when absolutely necessary.

Bolin: So... what happens to all of those towns and villages after we leave?

Kuvira: Exactly what you see. Their lives are saved and their homes are defended, and they contribute to the empire however I see fit.

Bolin: Maybe we don't take over zaofu. We could just let them be on their own, then yay, the empire's united. Congratulations to us.

Kuvira: I didn't know your personal feelings for opal were stronger than

your loyalty to me. Zaofu will join us. The only thing I'm second-guessing is the decision to bring you along. Maybe you need to spend some time in a reeducation camp.

Bolin: I thought that's where we send people to learn new trade skills.

Baatar Jr: Hard truths, bolin.

Kuvira: Your loyalty seems to be wavering.

Bolin: No, no, I'm totally on your side, completely 100% loyal.

Kiriko (thinking): Bolin sounds like he might do something stupid. I know fickle loyalty when I see it. Bolin might try to switch sides.

When Bolin left to go talk to Varrick, Kiriko followed him and listened in closely on their conversation.

Varrick: Bolin, thank goodness you're here.

Bolin: There's something important I've got to tell you.

Varrick: Well, there's something important I've got to tell you too.

Both of them in unison: Kuvira's crazy.

Bolin: How'd you find out?

Varrick: When I refused to build her a super weapon, she threatened my life.

Bolin: She threatened me too. We've gotta get out of here.

Varrick: I couldn't agree more, kid.

Bolin, Varrick, and Zhu Li climbed into three of Varrick's mecha suits and snuck out.

Kiriko (thinking): I've got to alert Kuvira.

Kiriko headed back to Kuvira's encampment.

Kuvira: Kiriko? What's wrong?

Kiriko: I have bad news. Bolin, Varrick, and Zhu Li's loyalty to our cause is nonexistent. They just snuck out with mecha suits.

Kuvira: What!?

An earth empire soldier approached them, in distress.

Unnamed earth empire soldier: I'm afraid we have a problem. Bolin, Varrick, and Zhu Li have gone missing.

Kuvira: I thought as much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 130 18
might do a small rewrite on some chapters, idk TW: this story may contain mentions of death, mental illness(s), and slight gore. If you find somethin...
128K 3.6K 87
WARNING- LONG CHAPTERS, BUT WORTH THE READ ↓↓↓ She was the younger sister, but she was taught to look after her older sister and keep her safe. Her w...
866 25 16
Things heat up as Avatar Jago continues his quest to mastering the four elements and bring balance back to the world. The Earth Kingdom has been l...
60.7K 1.8K 39
Note: mature, smutty content! Story takes place within the LoK season 4 timeline and beyond. Akemi, a highly skilled inventor and mechanics designer...