One Shots

By luvthewanted

More

One Shots
Jay McGuiness One Shot
Captain America One Shot
Ryan Lochte One Shot
Niall Horan One Shot
Harry Styles One Shot
Prince Charming One Shot
Christmas One Shot
Anonymous One Shot
Fairy Tale - A Prince's Love
Denbigh Asylum Horror

Tom Parker One Shot

223 5 2
By luvthewanted

Best friends forever; that was what he told me. But the second he got the chance, he left. Granted, he was now living his dreams, but he still forgot about his promise.

I lived in Bolton, England for 11 years before moving to Michigan. Up until I was 16 and Tom was 22 we stayed friends. Now, 3 years later, I haven’t seen nor heard from him.

I heard recently that he and his band were going on tour and my mom, thinking I still had contact with Tom, bought me a ticket to their concert at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

Not wanting my friends to know I knew Tom, I didn’t tell them I was going to the concert. And I certainly did not tell them I had a backstage pass.

The day of the concert arrived quickly and I was slowly starting to panic. What if Tom didn’t recognize me? What if he all of a sudden hated me? What if his girlfriend was there?

I was pacing in my bedroom when my mom said I need to leave or I was going to be late. I grabbed my keys and drove to the Palace. My knuckles were white from how hard I was gripping the steering wheel.

As I parked, I really considered going back home. But I really did miss him, and even if he didn’t remember me, I loved his music.

“Excuse me, Miss, what’s your name?” a security guard asked me.

“Um…Haley Ross,” I said.

“It’s her,” he said to his partner. “Take her.”

I was so confused. The other security guard grabbed my arm and led me away. He was leading me down a hallway. I could dimly hear boys yelling.

“What is going on?” I demanded.

The man didn’t answer. Instead, he pushed me into a room.

I landed in someone’s arms, surprising the both of us. I looked up and into the eyes of the guy I used to call my best friend.

I stood up quickly and backed away.

“Haley,” he smiled at me.

“Tom,” I sniffled, trying not to cry.

“Jay!” Jay shouted.

I raised my eyebrow and Jay shrugging. “I felt left out.”

Tom broke out in laughter, and I smiled. He really has not changed. Well, he did have a girlfriend now.

“So, you are the famous Haley that Tom tells us so much about?” Max asked.

“He talks about me?” I asked.

They nodded. I glared at Tom. “Yet you ignored me for three years?”

“Sorry about that Haley. I got busy with the band.”

I scoffed. “So why am I back here?”

“I just wanted to see you and I remembered that you lived in Michigan,” Tom admitted.

I just looked down. What do you say to the guy who left you? What can you say when you love him?

“I really am sorry, Red,” he apologized.

“I know,” I smiled.

I hugged him tightly. Tom kissed the top of my head and then rested his head there. To anyone who didn’t know we were best friends, we would look like a couple.

“Excuse me, but who are you?” a snotty voice asked. “And why are you all over my boyfriend?”

Tom pulled away and looked at the door. I followed his lead and saw Kelsey; Tom’s girlfriend.

“Kels, this is Haley. She’s my best friend!”

“Right,” she sneered.

“Tom, I’m gonna go. Keep in touch okay?” I asked, not removing my gaze from Kelsey.

“You got it. Bye, Red,” Tom kissed my forehead and hugged me.

I walked away. As much I loved Tom, I wasn’t going to come in between him and Kelsey. But I wasn’t going to stand by and watch them be all lovey-dovey either.

I found my seat in the front row; yes, even if I was upset I was going to enjoy the concert. I looked next to me and my jaw dropped.

“Logan? Shannon? Kersten? Bridget?”

They all looked at me. Then simultaneously they asked, “What are you doing here?”

“Me? Why didn’t you tell me you had tickets?”

Logan gave me a look. “Why didn’t you tell us you had a ticket?”

I sighed. “I was keeping a secret that I wasn’t sure how you were going to take it.”

“And that would be, what?” Bridget asked.

“IgrewupwithTomParker,” I said quickly.

“Repeat that,” Shannon said.

“I, um, grew up with Tom Parker.”

All of their jaws dropped as the lights went out. Screaming erupted from all around us and I looked at the stage, not exactly wanting to see the reactions of my best friends.

Tom was the third one onstage; right after Jay and Siva. He spotted me and came to stand in front of me. He grabbed my hand and kissed it. I blushed, and was thankful that the lights were still dark, so he couldn’t see my face.

As soon as he walked away Kersten looked at me. “You so like him. I can tell he likes you too.”

I shook my head. “He has Kelsey.”

I looked back up at Tom and couldn’t help but grin. He looked so happy doing what he loved.

The concert went on with my friends and me all singing and dancing like idiots. I caught Tom smiling at me a few times. And everytime, I would blush.

“For our last song, I decided we would do something a little different. This song is for someone special. This song is called Personal Soldier,” Tom said. He was looking at me.

{Lyrics}

Left, left, left right left

Tell me what’s going on

I know there’s something

On your mind and

Can you just open up?

Do you feel out of love?

Is somebody tryin’ to hurt you?

You know I’ll never let that happen

They must be out of their mind

‘Cause you are the sunshine

That makes my day

And I won’t let them take that away

I’ll be your hero who’s standing strong

Who protects you from any fight

And if your battles are piling on

I will take them on with all my might

Cry your tears on my shoulder

You don’t know what the future holds

So I’ll be your personal soldier

Left, left, left right left

If life is a battle field

And there’s so many dangers

Just when you think it’s okay

It blows up in your face

And when this road gets harder

You think your luck’s run out

I will find a reserve

To take it right back

To where your heart deserves

‘Cause there is no way

That I won’t put you first

I’ll be your hero who’s standing strong

Who protects you from any fight

And if your battles are piling on

I will take them on with all my might

Cry your tears of my shoulder

You don’t know what the future hold

So I’ll be your personal soldier

I’ll protect you

Girl don’t worry

I’ll be your hero who’s standing strong

Who protects you from any fight

And if your battles are piling on

I will take them on with all my might

Cry your tears on my shoulder

You don’t know what the future holds

So I’ll be your personal soldier

Left, left, left right left

I had tears streaming down my face by the time the song finished. Tom looked over to me and mouthed, That was for you.

I wiped my eyes and my friends hugged me.

“Go get him,” Logan giggled, pushing me in the direction of the door leading backstage.

I made my way over to the security guard and showed him my backstage pass. He let me through and I found myself walking down the same hallway as earlier.

I heard arguing coming from their dressing room.

“Kelsey, you’ve been using me!”

“So? All the celebrities I know use people. What makes you so different?”

“I can’t believe I actually thought I loved you,” Tom hissed.

Okay, I’ve heard enough.

I pushed open the door and Kelsey snapped her head towards mine.

“You…You ruined any chance I had with Tom.”

“Me? If anything, you ruined any chance. You don’t use someone just because others have used you,” I told her.

“Whatever,” she scoffed.

Kelsey stormed out of the dressing room and Tom walked over. It was only then I noticed the other boys weren’t in the dressing room.

“Haley, I’ve talked to your mom. She told me about your last boyfriend and how badly he hurt you.”

Tears filled my eyes. “Please, don’t bring it up.”

“Red, he abused you!” Tom yelled. I flinched.

“Please, Tom,” I begged.

“Red, just listen to me,” he said. “I’ve known Kelsey was using me for some time. But after the last song tonight she just like blew up at me. And the truth is, when I saw you earlier, all the old feelings I tried to forget came back. I love you, Haley.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Yes, really,” he chuckled. “And I wanted to know, would you allow me to be your Personal Soldier?”

I nodded quickly. “Of course!! I love you, Tom!”

He pulled me into a tight hug. Thanks to my mom, I finally got Tom back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I actually don't think Kelsey is like this, but I had to do it for the one shot. 

I hope you like it, Haley, and I'm sorry it took so long. 

comment, vote, fan, etc :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.6K 855 22
Aurora Rossi no one ever carried about her growing up except her mother her father really never wanted to have a girl so he ignored her so does her b...
211K 2.7K 20
Warning 18+ short novel មួយនេះមានពាក្យសម្តីមិនសមរម្យ ច្រើនរាប់មិនចេះអស់#taekook 🔞🔞 only
38.9K 117 17
fetish ဖြစ်တာတွေ ချက်ဖြစ်ခဲ့တဲ့ roleplay တွေ တကယ်ဖြစ်ဖူးခဲ့တာလေးတွေ တချို့က ကိ စိတ်ကူးယဉ်တာဖြစ်သလို တချို့က ကိ တကယ်လုပ်ချင်တာ တချို့က ကိဖြစ်ခဲ့တာလ...
138K 3.3K 53
A 5-year-old Valentina whose life gets turned upside down by the sudden passing of her beloved mother. Her only family or is it?. Lorenzo De luca is...