The Mirror Cards

By DaBlueTeddy

This is a rewritten version of "Let's Play" Kokichi, our protagonist in this story trapped in a building full... More

Prologue
Act 1: The Beauty In Lies And Deception (part 1)
Act 1: The Beauty In Lies And Deception (Part 2)
Act 1: The Beauty In Lies And Deception (part 4)

Act 1: The Beauty In Lies And Deception (part 3)

47 2 0
By DaBlueTeddy

26 October 2020, 6.45 p.m, Restaurant Hiwara

"Wow, Shumai. This is so...fancy~", chimed Kokichi in disbelief. Kokichi held Shuichi's hand as they walked to the receptionist. "We have a reservation under the name Saihara." The receptionist nodded and lead them to their table. Kokichi suddenly felt goosebumps. He looked around but he didn't find anything suspicious. He then forced himself to calm down. 'Gosh, I need to relax. I am being paranoid. Nothing's going to happen, Kokichi. Just stay calm and enjoy your date with Shuichi'. "This is your table, sir. Here's the menu. Your waiter will come to take your orders very soon", said the receptionist as she put the menu on the table.

Kokichi sat down across Shuichi. He felt his uneasiness grow as he looked at his surrounding. 'Damn it, Kokichi! Stop being so paranoid!' Kokichi looked at his beloved who was caught stealing glances at him. He frowned and pushed all his fear down. He needs to enjoy his time with his beloved. His poor detective must be a nervous wreck right now! "This fancy restaurant reminds me so much of the chaos I and my brother created when we were kids. Ah, good ol' times~" babbled Kokichi, trying to start a conversation. 'Talking about my brother might be a great conversation starter', he thought to himself. Shuichi perked up and leaned closer, clearly interested in the topic. "Speaking of your brother, you never once talk to me about him. Why is that?" Kokichi shrugged. "I don't even remember I have a brother until recently. He is an old fellow now. You know, married. I can't believe it to be honest."

"Wait, he's married?!", asked Shuichi in shock. Kokichi nodded and looked at the menu. Just when Shuichi was about to ask another question about his boyfriend's brother, a waitress walked to them with a smile on her face. "Hello, gentlemen. What would you like to have today?" Kokichi stared at the menu for a minute before giving his order. "Japanese Curry Rice and Natto!" The waitress nodded before jotting down the order. "Just Soba, please." "Is that all?" The boys nodded. The waitress excused herself and walked away. "Umm... Kokichi... About your brother..." Kokichi suddenly holds Shuichi's hand, making the other male jump in surprise. "I am going to become an uncle soon!!!" Shuichi blushed as he stared at Kokichi, he was distracted by the sudden touch. "W-what...?", stuttered the detective. "Gosh, Shuichi. I said I am going to have a nephew slash niece soon!" "WHAT!?", yelled Shuichi in shock. Suddenly, the restaurant went silent and all eyes were on Kokichi's and Shuichi's table. "Sheesh, Shumai. Can you be any more quiet?", whispered Kokichi in annoyance. The detective apologized for his reaction, rubbing the back of his neck. "Right... umm... congrats?" Kokichi is not pleased with the response he just receive. "Dude, I'm going to become an uncle... This is the worst thing that ever happen to me!!!", rambled Kokichi.

Shuichi knew his liar of a boyfriend show genuine distress and slowly rubbed Kokichi's hand with his thumb as a way to calm him down. "I'm sure you'll be a great uncle, Kichi." Kokichi looked at Shuichi in the eyes. "Really?" Shuichi smiled and nodded. "You have an energy of a 5-year-old. You'll be fine." Shuichi let go of Kokichi's hand. "Besides, are you sure that is the worst thing that ever happen to you?", asked Shuichi playfully. "What about the killing game?" Kokichi grinned. "Nah, I think that is the best thing that ever happens to me!" Shuichi stared at Kokichi confused. "Huh? Why?" Kokichi leaned closer, his grin turned into a mischievous smile. "Nishishi~ I could get to be the villain in the show and...~" Kokichi bopped Shuichi's nose. "I get to meet you, my beloved Shuichi Saihara~" flirted the purple head. Shuichi was flustered by Kokichi's choice of words. "Kokichi... you always know what to say." Kokichi laughed. The waiter who took their order came back with the food and placed them on the table. Shuichi thanked the woman and looked at Kokichi who seem occupied with his thoughts. "Kichi? Is there something wrong?"

"Huh? Oh! It's nothing. Thank you for the food..." mumbled Kokichi as he grabbed his chopstick. "Kichi... You know you can talk to me, right?" said Shuichi as he began to worry about his boyfriend's wellbeing. "Haha, I know, Shu. You're so cute when you look so worried~", sang Kokichi. "I—umm... I'm serious, Kokichi.", stuttered Shuichi, trying to be stern. Kokichi giggled at his sad attempt at being serious and nodded indicating that he understood. Shuichi gave a small, shy smile before averting his attention to the food. As soon as the attention left the purple-haired male, he looked at a table close to the window where you could see the busy street and the colorful lights decorated the city, making it seems magical. A man dressed in a black and white suit looked at Kokichi with a menacing glare. They made direct eye contact for a few seconds before Kokichi averted his eyes. 'I need to tell Shuichi about this.' He looked up to see his boyfriend who was busy eating his hot soba. Shuichi felt eyes on him and smiled when he found out Kokichi is staring at him. 'He seems to enjoy this date.' Kokichi blushed and looked away. 'Maybe later....' Kokichi ate his food slowly, occasionally looking back at the man in a white and black suit.

26 October 2020, 7.35 p.m, Shuichi's car

Kokichi stayed silent, playing with the bracelet Shuichi gave to him. "Hey, Shu. Where are we going?", asked Kokichi as he looked out the car window. 'Sway' by Michael Buble played as background music, one of Shuichi's favorite songs. Shuichi smirked. "Sending you to hell." Kokichi playfully gasped. "Shuichi! NOOO!!! I'm not ready to go back home!" Kokichi and Shuichi laughed. "Haha! But seriously, dude... Where are we going?" Shuichi glanced at Kokichi, smiling at him. "You'll see." The former leader pouted but didn't say anything. He looked out the car window, watching the streetlight pass by. A few minutes later, Shuichi stopped the car. "We're here.", exclaimed the detective. 

Kokichi looked out the window and then looked back at Shuichi. "Why are we at the beach?", asked Kokichi, confused. Shuichi awkwardly smiled. "Well, I thought we could end our date by strolling the beach... We can go back home if you don't want to." Shuichi nervously replied. Kokichi smiled and get out of the car, indicating that he wants to stay. Walking around the beach is kind of boring if you are someone who is normally as energetic as Kokichi but he like the idea of enjoying what mother nature has to offer. He is sleepy after eating some delicious food, so strolling around the beach at night with his beloved sounds fun.

He could feel a cold breeze touch his face as soon as he stepped out of the car. "Wow..." He gasped. The moon glowed dimly with stars decorating the dark sky. The sound of waves at short intervals soothes his heart and the gentle rhythmic motion of the waves satisfied Kokichi's eyes. It was beautiful. He felt like he was in a dream. He heard a song coming from behind. A song he knew. 'Can't Help Falling In Love' by Elvis Presley. He turned around to see Shuichi holding his hand up, smiling softly. "Shuichi? What are you doing?", questioned Kokichi as he put his hand on top of Shuichi's.

The detective gave a gentle kiss on Kokichi's hand. "May I have this dance, Prince Kokichi?" Kokichi blushed upon hearing the question. Since when is Shuichi this bold? It's not like he doesn't like it, it just surprises him. "Geez, Shuichi. You're so cheesy." He smirked before giving a little bow. "We shall dance, my king." Kokichi giggled at his words, feeling a little cringy saying it out loud. Shuichi put his hand on Kokichi's waist while the other was on Kokichi's hand. Kokichi smiled and put his hand on Shuichi's shoulder. They began to slowly dance underneath the full moon.

"I love you, Shu..."

Kokichi laid his head on Shuichi's chest.

"I love you too, Kokichi."

The detective kisses the little leader's forehead. 

 They end the dance as soon as the music stops. Kokichi started to laugh out loud. "Gosh, Shu. I didn't know you were the type of person who would do this type of thing. I... liked it.", said Kokichi as he stared at Shuichi with a loving smile on his face. "Well... I want to ask you something." The small leader raised his eyebrows, curious as to what Shuichi's question is. The detective suddenly knelt on one knee. "Shu?" questioned Kokichi nervously. Shuichi pulled out a small, black box from his pocket and opened it, revealing a ring with a small heart-shaped amethyst stone. "Kokichi, I know when we first met, we don't get along together. Past me would pass out if he found out that I want to spend the rest of my days with you." Kokichi laughed, his tears threaten to flow.

"But you light up my dull days, it was never boring when I'm with you. You'd do anything to make me happy and I want to do the same for you too. I'll make sure that you would never feel lonely. I'll do anything to keep you safe. I want to hug you, k-kiss you, cherish you till the day I die. I-In other words, I love you so much, Kokichi Ouma. W-will you marry me?" Kokichi started to cry, tears streaming down his pale cheeks. "Yes! Fuck, I'm crying!" Kokichi laughed through his tears. He desperately tried to wipe his tears off but they kept on flowing. "I-I really want t-to be with y-you forever, Shu."

Shuichi stood up and gently put the ring on Kokichi's ring finger. He then kissed his hand before looking at his beloved's face to see his reaction. "Shuichi..." the smaller male muttered. Shuichi wiped the tears and caressed the leader's cheek. "Dang you, Shuichi Saihara!" he hugged the detective tightly. "How did I get so lucky...?" mumbled Kokichi before he slammed his lips to Shuichi's. "Mph!" Shuichi was taken aback by the sudden action but kissed the boy back. Kokichi was the first one to pull away.

"Hehehe, my brother's going to freak out about this," Kokichi said, smiling mischievously. Shuichi raised his eyebrow in confusion. "What?" Kokichi laughed at his fiancé's confused face. "He said to me the other day that he wants to meet you if you ever want to get married to me. Then, he wants to decide whether or not he should give his blessing to you." Stated Kokichi, clearing any question that pops up in Shuichi's head. "WHAT?!" Shuichi yelled out in panic. Kokichi pats his beloved detective's arm. "It'll be fine, Shu. I'm sure he will like you enough to give you his blessing."

Shuichi looked at the time on his phone. He can't let that comment get to him. He will panic later. Right now, he is determined to put a smile on his little trickster's face. "Well, I have one more surprise for you." Kokichi rolled his eyes playfully. "Isn't this enough? You already made me cry." Shuichi shook his head in disagreement. "It will never be enough to make someone special." Shuichi stayed silent before he add, "Well, that's what Kaito said to Maki." Kokichi giggled. 

KABOOM!!

Kokichi was startled by the sudden noise. He looked up to see the awe-inspiring sight of multi-colored light, followed by an explosion lighting up the sky, and quickly shattered into thousands of sparks. "Fireworks?" Kokichi raised an eyebrow and glanced at Shuichi, who nodded in response. He quickly sat on a big boulder, next to Shuichi who wrapped his arm around Kokichi's shoulder. They watched the extravagant firework display quietly. The vivid green, yellow, purple, and blue light against the night sky illuminated the smiles on both of the males' faces. Kokichi looked around, taking a deep breath. He felt like he was dreaming at that moment. He pinched himself on the arm to make sure he was awake the whole time.

Of course, the dreamlike moment isn't going to last.

Kokichi held his breath, his eyes widened when he saw a black silhouette standing behind a palm tree. The fireworks lit up the sky for a few seconds, just enough time to see the same man that stalked him and Shuichi in the restaurant. "What the fuck?" Kokichi mumbled. Shuichi glanced at Kokichi when he heard his beloved mumble. "Kokichi?" Kokichi mentally panicked, he didn't want Shuichi to freak out. This was supposed to be his happiest day and now, some dude ruined it. "My bro's calling me. It keeps on vibrating so, I better answer it." Lied Kokichi, showing his phone that he quickly pressed to vibrate. Shuichi smiled and nodded. Kokichi quickly walked away and turned off his phone. "I owe Miu for showing me this app." He muttered under his breath. 

Kokichi looked around, trying to find the man in the Monokuma-coloured suit. "Hey!" Kokichi yelled out when he saw a black silhouette. He chased after him using the fireworks as his source of light. "Where the heck is he...?" He muttered. He was out of breath from running. The former leader then realized that he is further away from Shuichi, making him feel more anxious than before. He took out his pocket knife from his pocket as he warily glanced around. A dark figure sneaks behind him with a syringe. But just as the figure is about to strike him, he stepped on a branch, alerting the boy, and swings his knife at the man. "Ugh!" The man grunted in pain. "You are still quite troublesome, Ouma." Kokichi's eyes widened. He recognized the voice from somewhere. "You— Aaagh!!!" Kokichi dropped his only weapon to defend himself as his head started ringing. The man took the opportunity, slamming Kokichi to the ground and restraining him from moving. "By the looks of it, you're starting to remember, huh? That's not good. You'll ruin master's perfect plan." He said, taking out the syringe. "Don't worry, I'll make sure you forget it." He whispered as he slowly moved the syringe toward Kokichi's neck.

Kokichi began to move, desperately trying to escape from this man's grasp. "SHUICHI!!! HELP!", he yelled as loud as he can. "Stop it, you damn piece of shit!" The man pulled out a white cloth and stuffed it in Kokichi's mouth. It was a distraction Kokichi needed as he quickly grabbed the pocket knife he desperately trying to reach while destroying his vocal cords. He stabbed the pocket knife into the man's eyes, causing him to groan in agony and let him go. "Y-you... YOU FUCKER!" Kokichi quickly ran as fast as he could, away from the psycho. After a while, Kokichi stumbled and fall. His legs were tired and he was exhausted from running. "Fuck..." Kokichi looked back at the direction he ran from, scared that the man is still chasing him.

"KOKICHI?!" Kokichi was startled by the sudden shout. His body relaxed as he let out a sigh of relief when he saw his beloved detective run towards him with a worried expression. "Oh my Gosh! Are you okay? I heard yelling." Shuichi checked Kokichi's whole body to see if there was any injury. Kokichi stayed silent the whole time, making Shuichi more worried than before. "Ko, give me a response, please? I-I need to know if you're okay." Consoled Shuichi as he caressed Kokichi's cheek. Kokichi slowly looked up at him, tears running down his cheeks. His whole body was shaking. "Take me home, Shu... Please" the purple head whimpered. Shuichi bit his lips and nodded. "Okay..."

26 October 2020, 10.02 pm, Shuichi's car

Shuichi kept glancing at Kokichi. It was hard for him to even focus on the road. He wants to ask Kokichi about what happened but decided to keep his mouth shut, even though his mind urges him to do so. Kokichi stayed silent the whole car ride, rubbing his thumbs against the amethyst stone on his ring. He knew his detective restrained himself for his sake, so he decided to tell the truth about all of the things that have been happening. "Shu... I want to tell you something..." muttered the boy to the detective who stayed silent, urging him to speak. "Someone is stalking me." Shuichi's eyes widened in shock. "What...?" Shuichi gripped the steering, trying his best to stay calm. "And I don't... think DICE organization is fake..." Shuichi was about to open his mouth but Kokichi quickly said, "I think DICE existence is related to whoever stalking me." Shuichi sighed in frustration. "Kokichi, when are you going to accept that DICE is NOT real?!" he sneered. "Shu, Team Danganronpa is hiding something and I know it." Shuichi stayed silent as he parked his car in the parking lot.

"Kokichi... Why can't you accept the truth? We tried, haven't we?" Shuichi stared at Kokichi, he could feel the sadness Kokichi was feeling when he was reminded that day. "I..." Kokichi bit his lips. "I'm sorry, Ko. I really do." Shuichi caressed Kokichi's cheek, making Kokichi look at him in the eyes. "...Yeah, you're right." He gave a fake chuckle. He then reluctantly tells Shuichi about his experience encountering men that followed him everywhere including the man dressed in black and white. Shuichi nodded, his face turned serious. "Kichi, I need you to stay home for a few days. You can invite Miu, Rantaro, and Kiibo to accompany you." Kokichi nodded, his eyes were averting Shuichi. "Fine..." Shuichi gave a sad smile as he let go of Kokichi's face. "I know you hate being locked up but it's for your sake. I don't want you to get taken by those men." Kokichi gave a small smile, indicating that he understand. . "Come on, Kichi. I'll make you some warm tea for your throat." Kokichi touched his neck and nodded. Shuichi left the car, with Kokichi trailing behind him. 'Sorry, Shu. But I'm not going to sit down idly when some shit happened to you. Especially with the new lead I found while encountering that man.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447K 13.3K 16
Kokichi Ouma is the Ultimate Supreme Leader. At least that's what everyone thought. After an insane turn of events, something's odd about him. But wh...
19.6K 718 21
"Have you heard of Shuichi Saihara of the flower shop next door? He might be cute, but he is such a crybaby! I also heard that he talks to flowers, i...
71.9K 1.6K 14
Kokichi Ouma. A boy who always gets a high score in every test, but one day he starts acting weird. Shuichi Saihara. Someone who gets normal grades...
4.3K 79 11
Kokichi woke up in a panic, he has been crushed... he looked around, he was in a strange looking hospital bed. What had happened..? Everything was bl...