Impassioned Psychopath

By silentecos

"I get jealous over anyone who comes near you. I Don't want to let you out of my sight for even a second, eve... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Four Years On
Chapter 2: Pinefall Island
Chapter 3: A vistor on Island
Chapter 4: Incounter
Chapter 5: Baby Austin
Chapter 6: Phone Call
Chapter 7: House Guests
Chapter 8: Reunion
Chapter 9: Roomies
Chapter 11: Whore
Chapter 12: Ginger
Chapter 13: Nate
Hiatus
Update
Chapter 14: Amanda
Chapter 15: INSECURE
Chapter 16:Wingman?
Chapter 17:Ramon
Q&A
Chapter 18: MOM
Chapter 19: Confession
Chapter 20: Ethan
Chapter 21: Therapy
Chapter 22: Anger
Chapter 23: Fear
Chapter 24:Sleep Over
Chapter 25: Leo
Chapter 26: As Planned
Chapter 27: NYC
Chapter 28: The Mansion
Chapter 29: Few Months..
Chapter 30: Big Brother
Not An Update
Chapter 31: At The Hospital...
Chapter 32: Escaping
Chapter 33:Wishes
Chapter 34: Betrayal?
Chapter 35:Birthday Party
Chapter 36: presents
Chapter 37: Break
Chapter 38: Picnic
Chapter 39: Mi cielo
Chapter 40: Rage Blackout
Chapter 41:H&Z
Q&A
Chapter 42: Damage Control
Chapter 43:A Baby?
Chapter 44: Captivity
Chapter 45: Girls night...
Chapter 46:Day Break
Chapter 47: New adventure
Dear Reader(s)
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 10: Off To Work

495 26 6
By silentecos

Zack's POV

I sat on the bed staring at Hunter who was fast asleep. After Brian and I finished talking, he was only filling me in on other details like who else knew about Hunter and how Hunter was treated by the people on the island.

When I got back, I found him patiently waiting for me as I told him too, we didn't talk much, I tried to bring up conversations but he kept giving one-word answers, He did ask me to tell him more about his life as Hunter and asked to see a photo. I was scared to tell him about his life because Brian filled me in on what happened when he first saw him again so I just showed him pictures of himself.

He was smitten by the photos I showed him, but he refused to believe that, that's what he actually looked like, he said there was no way a monster like him would have looked like a prince. He fell asleep shortly after.

I tried to sleep but I ended up waking up at 3 in the morning, I was so scared when I woke up because I thought everything ended up being only a dream.

'Who is the motherfucker who wanted to separate us'

'I swear if I ever find out who the man was who tried to strangle you, I'm going to rip his balls out'

'Because of that, you have horrible burn marks'

'I am glad we finally reunited'

"You have no idea how bad my life was without you, it's annoying that I can't even scream at you for that because you totally forgot everything about me and what happened" I commented.

I stood up and then stretched my arms. I grabbed my toiletries and made my way out of the bedroom. When I got into the living room I stumbled into the Doctor.

She run her eyes up and down my body with wide eyes, she then looked away and cleared her throat. It got hot at night so I had removed my shirt and remained with only my sweatpants.

"Good morning Doctor"I greeted leaning on the door.

" Good morning, How did you sleep," she asked looking at anything but me.

"Just fine, thank you for asking. It's only 5 Am why are you already up" I asked.

She scratched her head.

"Amanda woke me up early because she wants to make Rai breakfast. She doesn't know her way around our kitchen that's why she woke me up What about you" she inquired.

"Oh, I usually wake up earlier than this to work out before work but for now I'm only going to freshen up" I answered.

"Oh the bathroom is outside to the left" she explained.

" Doctor -"

"Please just call me Skylar, drop the formalities"

"Sky, I heard from Brian that when he first met Hunter here, Hunter had remembered something but when he woke up after he passed out, he forgot everything," I asked.

"Yes, that's right" she acknowledged.

"Since Amanda and I got here, nothing like that has happened, would possibly know why"

She paused and then finally looked at me only to look away again.

"It's probably the medicine, he refused to see a psychiatrist before. He experiences very painful headaches when he recollects something so I got him some medication to at least keep his mind calm. He can't even retain the information his brain recalled, instead of seeing him suffer I thought this is best" she explained.

" I see, thank you doctor beautiful oh, and looking is free, I won't judge or blame you for wanting to take a peek at my body" I replied as I walked away.

"D-don't walk around half naked, this isn't your house and I didn't want to look," She said.

I continued walking, I took a quick shower. The shower wasn't exactly what I was used to, when I entered half of my chest and my legs were visible to anyone who would have just been passing by.

When I got back in, I found Hunter was tidying the room. He quickly left the room when I started getting changed.

'Is he embarrassed to see me naked, I have the same body parts as him though'

'Uh oh right, he doesn't remember that he's seen me naked countless times, should I tell him'

I got dressed in something simple and then walked out, there was no dining table just a small wooden table with four stools around it. I rushed over when I saw Hunter, I took a seat next to him.

Amanda and Skylar walked in with two trays in hand. Amanda served Hunter placing plate upon plate near him. The Doctor was the one who served me my food.

"Come on eat up" Amanda ordered as she took a seat.

I drank from the cup of tea I was given, it was bitter I instinctively wanted to spit it out. I powered through and managed to swallow it. I turned to Skylar and she had the same expression.

"Amanda what the hell is this, do you also have memory loss or something or is this just revenge for making you sleep separate from Hunter," I asked.

"What the hell are you blabbing on about," she asked.

"Why is the coffee as bitter as your attitude right now? Haven't you heard of something called sugar, How can you make my Hon-" I cut myself off when I noticed Hunter's cup was empty.

"If you don't want to drink it, may I have it," he asked.

"Huh, Rai you want more " Skylar asked.

"It tastes very good, the food is very delicious as well" Rai commented.

Amanda was staring at him in awe, she was grinning.

"I knew you'd like it" Amanda replied.

I just stared in confusion, I knew Hunter liked bitter coffee but I never once tried to taste it, if I knew it tasted like that, I would have stopped him from drinking that crap a long time ago.

I continued eating, the omelet tasted delicious indeed.

"Wow the food is really delicious" Skylar commented, she had given her cup of tea to Hunter and was just munching on the omelet.

"Awww, thank you" Amanda replied.

"Eat up as well don't just watch us, you have to take your medicine" I reminded.

"Yes," she agreed then started eating.

Hunter was served with a big variety of food by Amanda than anyone else on the table so it naturally took him longer to finish, he tried sharing but Amanda wouldn't allow him to.

"I'll be off then" Hunter commented when he was done eating.

"Where to," Amanda asked.

"To work" he replied then stood up.

"Work, you work?" I asked.

"Yes" was his reply.

"As what-I mean what kind of job is it" I questioned.

"Just deliver vegetables and stuff to people around the island and just other basic manual labor tasks" he replied then grabbed a wooden mask from a shelf.

"Why are you putting on a mask, is there a festival," Amanda asked.

He glanced at Skylar. He had already put the mask on. The mask was plain white with provisions for the eyes and nose.

"No, it's just better this way. People are scared of the way I look so I feel better when I put on a mask" he explained.

I clenched my fits.

'That's a lie, isn't it? Who is making you do this'

'Just what kind of life are you living here'

"Can I come with you?" I asked.

He stared at me confused, I smiled.

"I want to go to work with you, I want to take a look around as well is that OK," I asked.

"What, no you can't. If you want a tour I'll do it after work" he suggested.

"Should I just rephrase that statement? I'm going to work with you, OK" I stated.

He didn't say anything and just walked out.

"Zack please take care of him out there" Amanda requested.

"Of course, I will, you just stay here and take care of yourself" I assured.

I grabbed my shoes and face mask then ran after Rai. Brian had already sent me a message saying he already departed.

"I don't have a full mask so I just grabbed a surgical mask instead" I commented as we walked.

"Why would you want a full mask," he asked.

"Because you are putting on one as well" I stated.

He laughed.

"If I decided to walk around naked would you also strip" he joked.

"Of course, I'd give the entire island the fan service they don't know they need" I assured.

He chuckled, he was about to reply when a tomato made contact with Hunter. I stopped walking and went to inspect his face.

"Are you OK, it didn't hurt, right? Who threw that" I boomed searching around.

Some teens were standing near a street vendor, and before I could react one of them picked up a tomato and threw it, I managed to catch it this time.

"This nerve of these stupid brats" I stated squeezing the tomato in my hand.

"I didn't see him around for a while, I actually thought the freak was dead but it's still around," the girl said giving money to the street vendor.

'They are actually buying tomatoes to throw at someone'

"Who is that with him another freak," the guy asked grabbing a tomato.

"Hey fuck face what did you call me. I dare you to throw that" I challenged.

People started gathering around.

"Zack let's go, don't pay attention to what they say or do," Hunter said grabbing my wrist.

The crowd that gathered was whispering among themselves but I could hear some of their conversations, they were calling Hunter a monster and how he was causing a scene.

"Let go of me," I said quietly. I yanked my hand away.

"Is this what the teenagers are like these days, did you drop your respect in the toilet along with your shit this morning?" I asked.

I cracked my knuckles.

"Don't worry, your uncle Zack is going to teach you something your parents clearly haven't taught you"I assured.

I grabbed him by the neck and folded my hands into a fist. He was staring at me in fear while the girl and the other friends he was with ran away.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to" he apologized.

"I also don't mean this. You better clench your teeth" I advise then tried to punch him but a voice behind me stopped me.

"Why are you trying to beat up a kid in the streets," the voice asked.

I turned around and saw an old man.

"Why you ask. He was throwing tomatoes at my friend and calling him names-"

"You still haven't said what he did wrong"

"Are you deaf old man" I questioned.

"Zack, please let's go" Hunter suggested.

He grabbed my hand tightly and then dragged me away.

"Why did you do that, I told you not to pay attention to them" he scolded when we were far away.

"Is this how it always is?" I asked.

'Brian told me, they treated him like trash but witnessing it first hand was-'

"It's alright, I got used to it after a while" he commented.

I took off my mask averting my gaze to the ground. I was fuming mad inside. I just wanted to blow the entire place up.

"Don't get used to this, no one should treat you like this, no one but me has the right to bully you alright" I inquired. He kept quiet for a while.

"OK," he agreed.

"Don't just say that to shut me up, how bad exactly is it?" I asked.

"Huh"

"How bad are they bullying you"

He looked away from me and then let go of my hand which he was still holding until that point.

"What's the use talking about it," he asked.

" Rai-"I called but was cut off when he stopped walking.

"You said you wanted to walk me to work, this is it, please go back now" he pleaded.

He didn't wait for my reply and walked into a small gated fence, the fence was so short, I could see inside the place without having to go on my tip toes. The place was large with a few tears around and a small house-like building in the middle.

Rai was making his way around when he met another man, the guy shoved him as he walked by.

I took out a cigarette and lit it.

'What kind of a sick joke is this, you have mansions, cars, a multimillion company, a net worth people can only dream about, and yet, you found yourself on a small island working as a delivery boy being bullied'

'The very thought of how you are living is making me sick to the stomach. My honey has to do manual labor?'

'How did we even get here'

I huffed out some smoke. I turned to my side and found a cubby man staring at me. He seemed scared to come closer.

"Going inside," I asked.

He quickly nodded.

"Do you know who owns  this business?" I asked.

"T-that would be me, sir," he said.

I smiled and then threw my cigarette away.

"Uh sir, I was about to start looking for you" I stated.

"What for, how can I help"

"I want a job of course," I said. He stared at me shocked.

"Is that a joke, you seem like you are well off, why would you want to work here?" he asked.

"That's none of your business. Just give me the job please, I can do anything from carrying heavy boxes to office work and the good part is, I'll be working for free" I explained.

He stared at me like I grew two heads. He started walking inside.

"How about I pay you instead," I asked.

"Huh, are you crazy? Just get -" I slumped my hand on the gate close to his ear. I stared down at him.

"I'll be giving you a thousand per day, all you have to do is let me come here every day to work and if it's going out pair me up with Rai no matter what, I don't want or need to explain to you just do as I ask and don't tell anyone about this little discussion" I explain.

I took out my wallet then handed him all the money I had.

"Pleasure doing business" I stated.

I walked into the tiny gate not waiting for his reply, he followed me silently. I spotted Hunter carrying a box and I quickly rushed over.

"What are you still doing here," he asked.

"I'm here to work silly" I answered.

"What" he screamed.

"From now on this man-uh......" the owner of the place asked.

"Zack Adams" I added.

"Yes, Zack over here will be working here from now on, please take care of him" the guy introduced.

Everyone stopped what they were doing to stare at me.

"Zack the hell" Hunter whispered.

"Oh you didn't let me finish early, you asked what telling me would change" I started. I walked closer to him and then placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I forgot to tell you that, Hunter had a guardian angel behind him, an angel of death that always protected him when possible and fought for him when he was too tired to fight his own battles" I explained.

"W-what do you mean by that," he asked.

"I'm your personal guardian angel is what I mean. You don't have to worry about anything now that I'm here, everyone, every single one of those assholes who hurt you will pay,......" I explained slowly.

"I don't care if that means blowing up this entire island"

---

Please Don't forget to

Vote

Comment

And/or

Share ✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 5K 30
Rebelling against your parents is only a phase, right? Right? - 100k 1.8.20
206K 5K 41
Holding her unconscious body in my arms. Blood soaking my clothes as I fall to my knees but I don't let her touch the ground. My hands hold her tight...
916K 20.8K 41
Staring at the gun in his hand as he stalks towards me with a devilish smirk on his face, I feel the bone-chilling fear rises within me. My back is a...