Mama-Spider and Spider-son

By SkyPines13

While on a mission that was supposed to just be getting information on a rising group that was against SHIELD... More

Introduction
The Mission
New Home
The Getting to Know You Stage
Home Sweet Home
Happy Birthday Peter!
Agent Gets Suspicious
Peter Chronicles Pt. 1
Snow Day
The Avengers
Fam GC
Peter Chronicles Pt. 2
The Next Great Adventure
Another?
Meet My Coworkers
Peter Chronicles Pt. 3
That Was Awesome!
Mom's Side of the Family
Moving Period
Authors Note

The return of Octopus Co.

439 12 0
By SkyPines13

Peter knew what HYDRA was. Between history lessons and the stories of the great Captain America to his own hacking into SHIELD, he knew a bit more about HYDRA than he was probably supposed to. Like for one they don't actually know what a hydra looks like from mythology, seeing as a hydra has many heads and a tail then their logo is many tentacles and one head. He also knew that they were supposed to be dead, no longer a functioning group. Apparently, you take everything you're told by privately funded spy organizations with a grain of salt.

While the main part of HYDRA was gone there was still agents and followers of HYDRA and its ideas. Many agents, evidently. Seeing as both Captain America and his mom were being hunted down by all of them. How did he know this? 

"Peter, what in the world could you be watching on your computer at midnight in the dark?" His Aunt Laura questioned.

So, he may or may not have been hacking into SHIELD camera and security systems to see how his mom was doing earlier that day and eventually was helping in little ways that he could ever since. Currently he was waiting for both of them to appear somewhere outside of the dead base they had entered in New Jersey. 

"Technically I'm not watching anything. I'm doing a bit of hacking and a bit of covering for mom and Mr.Rogers since they are getting caught on cameras and are currently being hunted by a resurfaced HYDRA." Peter rambled out.

Laura took a moment to give him a blank stare before taking a deep breath in to release it as a sigh. Peter could really see the sleep deprived state she was in at the moment. Laura had large bags under her eyes and her posture looked like she was five seconds away from physically collapsing. Lila hadn't slept at all the past few nights because she got the bug that Clint brought home with him, gave it to Cooper, then it got passed on to Lila after Clint left for a three day mission. So, Laura had been up for at least forty-eight hours taking care of Lila. 

"My brain doesn't have the energy to figure out what that word soup you just spit out after being awake for three days straight. If you're gonna do this then know that if I see you up doing chores before ten o'clock tomorrow then I will personally call your mother and Clint so they can give you that talk instead of me since me giving it does no effect apparently. Also, probably better if you sit at your desk or the kitchen island downstairs so that your posture doesn't look like the hunchback of notre dame after tonight." Laura explained before walking back to her room. Though waddling or shuffling would probably be a more accurate description.

Peter shrugged his shoulders before going down to the kitchen and turning on the light and placing his computer on the island carefully and sitting down. After another twenty minutes of waiting Peter decided that he needed something if he was going to be awake most of the night. So, he got a can of soda and grabbed one of the baby puffs that were technically Lila's but at the moment he was craving them so he grabbed them anyway. 

Sitting back down though he was shocked to see a short range ballistic missile heading towards the base. Peter wasted no time in grabbing his phone and warning his mom about it. After the text was sent Peter couldn't help the hundreds of thoughts going a mile at minute in his head. How did HYDRA know they were there? Was it a set up? Was it an old secret HYDRA base and there HYDRA security cameras set up inside? Did HYDRA manage to put a tracker on one of them? Was he not quick enough to erasing the footage of them getting there on the traffic and security cameras?

He could do nothing but watch the heat signature of where the base was skyrocket to a heat that could only mean that the missile got there and he hoped his mom and Mr.Rogers were alright. 

After the longest five minutes of his life his mom texted back thanking him for the heads up and saying that he was supposed to be in bed. Peter rolled his eyes and mumbled his response while he typed.

"Wouldn't have to if you both would stop being so obvious about what you would do next. Hotwire a car, really? Honestly maybe in the 1940's that's untraceable but going across state borders the car would've been flagged if I hadn't hacked it. Aren't you supposed to be a world renowned spy?" 

Peter only got a middle finger emoji and another demand that he go back to bed. Peter did go back to bed to appease his mom but he didn't go to sleep, instead he erased them from the camera footage they were in while they drove back to DC to make it to one of Mr.Rogers' friends' houses. When they got there Peter did a background check to see if the guy had anything sketchy on his history but didn't find anything. Though, if he thought about it then he wouldn't have found anything if the guy was HYDRA and the whole thing was a trap.

By the time he did all of this it was eight in the morning so he wasn't allowed up for another two hours. Seeing as his mom and Mr.Rogers were going to be fine while they stayed at Mr.Wilsons then he couldn't really do anything to help. So, he set an alarm for if they left the house using the footage of a security camera that belongs to one of Sam's paranoid neighbors. After he was sure the alarm was set he decided to take a two hour nap.

The alarm went off after an hour and a half when they left with Sam. When he followed them and erased the footage though he couldn't tell where they were going. This trip has been one large mind game from the start for him. He didn't understand where they were going when they went to the base in Jersey, Sam's house, or this government facility now. 

He sat there and watched the three adults sneak into the facility and Sam giving directions to the room they were apparently looking for. Eventually though they were stuck. They didn't steal anyone's badge so when they got to the room they were trying to get to, they were locked out. Then it didn't help that they were trying not to make contact with anyone while there, so Mr.Rogers couldn't rip the door off. 

Luckily for them the government facility was behind on updating their systems. That meant Peter could get them in. He quickly started to work on getting into the scanner on the wall but found something wasn't letting him hack in. Then when he saw his mom tinkering around with it he realized why he couldn't hack in, his mom cut the cord that connected the scanner to the electrical grid. That would make it so neither of them could get them into the room.

Peter then put his voice through the speakers in the room that would normally for when there was an emeregency. 

"If you don't reconnect the electrical cord neither one of us will be able to get you and your friends into that room Romanoff."

He watched as Mr.Rogers and Mr.Wilson started looking around the room and went into a defensive position while Natasha rolled her eyes. She started to work on fixing the cord that she had cut. Then when she fixed it she looked up and said

"I appreciate the help here Spidey but I swear that I told you to get some sleep."

"Well I thought I told you to avoid areas with cameras in it, you know like a neighborhood full of paranoid former armed forces members. Or a government facility that is full of people that are possibly part of Octopus Co. Besides I did get some sleep, it was a peaceful two hours."

While Peter was talking he was able to get the door open for them with a little 'tada!' 

Natasha gave him another look in the cameras before walking into the next room. Mr.Rogers and Mr.Wilson gave each other a confused look before following Natasha. Mr.Wilson then split off to get the thing they obviously came to get while Mr.Rogers and Natasha stood near the door.

"Who is that?" Mr.Rogers harshly questioned. 

"A friend." Natasha vaguely responded.

"Natasha, this is serious. If that person decides to switch sides-" Mr.Rogers started while holding onto her arm so she would look him in the eye.

"He won't. I trust him with my life, the last thing he would do is to help HYDRA anyway. He won't even call HYDRA, he'll call them Octopus Co." Natasha finished.

"Why Octopus-?" Mr.Rogers started. 

Then Peter cut him off.

"Their logo doesn't even have a hydra on it, it's an octopus. Their moto is literally 'cut off one head two come back in its place' but their logo has one head and tons of tentacles, an octopus." Peter ranted.

"Okay, Spidey. We get it. Now your are going to get some actual sleep now right?"

"The sun is out now, though. There's no way I'll be able to sleep now. Besides it's way more fun following you guys and covering for you guys on camera footage you seem to like being in so much." 

He could see Natasha roll her eyes again and sigh. Mr.Rogers seemed to accept 'Spidey' at the moment so he eased up a bit. So, when Mr.Wilson came back holding what looked like the wings that Peter had seen in the man's file. 

After that they were in the car headed to another government building. Except this time it was to actually have contact with someone. During this drive, since it was now eleven o'clock, Peter decided to move back down to the kitchen island where no one was at the moment. Laura was having a cup of coffee in the living room while holding a babbling Lila who was watching the TV. Cooper was right next to them on the couch except he was playing with an unnamed action figure while paying the TV a sliver of his attention. 

Peter gave Laura a nod while he walked past and sat down at the island. He quietly ate his breakfast while watching the cameras. He's been doing it for so long that he was starting to get bored doing it. It was just the same repeated motions. 

When they finally made it to the building he watched as Mr.Wilson got Sitwell to go to the roof. Then Mr.Rogers held the man so that he was on the edge of the building only an inch away from falling off with Natasha watching from just behind Mr.Rogers. Peter saw that Mr.Wilson was just waiting for something to happen with his wings on his back. Peter had figured that the edge of the building thing was just an intimidation tactic like his mom had told him once. 

Then he watched Mr.Rogers smooth out the man's jacket, for a second he thought that they had gotten the wrong person. That is until he watched his mom literally kicked the man off the roof. Peter's eyes went wide and he almost spit out the water that he was drinking at the time. 

After Mr.Wilson brought the man back up to the roof Peter watched the interrogation occur. When they did eventually leave for the car he was back to just relaxing though. He figured that it would be like the last few driving trips. He figured wrong.

Not even twenty minutes into the car ride a man jumped out of another vehicle and onto theirs. Peter immediately tried to run a facial recognition with the man's face but couldn't match anything. That's when he saw the arm. It was the Winter Soldier, the same one that shot his mom. The same one behind many 'unsolved' cases in SHIELD files.

That's when Peter finally had enough looking into things and just watched, hoping that the three would make it out okay. He had to watch as the man blew up cars, shot his mom again, and then eventually fight Mr.Rogers. A while into the fight Mr.Rogers managed to rip off the Winter Soldiers mask. When Peter saw the man's face though, he didn't even need to look for who it was. That was James Buchanan Barnes, Mr.Rogers childhood friend. Peter was so confused at the moment that he couldn't decide what his next plan of action should be.

When the HYDRA-acting-as-SHIELD agents came and arrested them Peter couldn't do anything. He just had to watch. His mom was bleeding out in hand cuffs in the back of a van. He watched as the van started driving somewhere. Then he saw them sneak out of the back of their van with Maria Hill and sneak into another one that had been pre parked. 

Peter felt himself relax when he saw them helping his mom, but he was still very tense because of the amount of blood she seemed to have lost. Had to have lost at least been a pint of blood. He watched as she went into an abandoned warehouse as well. 

Peter couldn't help himself from rolling his eyes at the cliche. Then he grabbed his phone and called his mom.

"Spidey? Did you get any sleep?" he heard her ask.

"How could I when you kicked a dude off a building and got a GSW. Honestly it's like you're asking me to have an early heart attack. I'm too young to die."

"I get worrying about the GSW but the GSW will be fine, I've had those before. But why are you worried about me kicking Sitwell off the roof?"

"Not exactly worried, it's just insane. If Mr.Wilson did one wrong move he could have died. What would have happened then? You say he died of natural causes or some bull like that?"

"Depends on the natural cause you're talking about here."

"I don't know, gravity? Gravity is natural. Anyway, the goons that tried to take you are like really pissed. So, you're welcome for erasing your adventures from cameras. Again. Also, I'm going to assume that Fury is there. Tell him I say hello from the other side of the grave."

"How did you know Fury was still alive? Did you hack footage of him or something?"

"No, I just know that he's too stubborn to let Octopus Co. be the reason he died. Besides the way he died lined up too perfectly with a fake death with tetrodotoxin B. It slows the heart down, it would've been easy to administer it to him at the hospital which would explain how quickly his heartbeat slowed. Dr.Banner talks about it in his book, you know the one you got me for my birthday."

"Why didn't you call me at the beginning of this mess?"

"Two reasons. One, it's very entertaining to watch. Two, I knew you would have just told me to  go to bed."

"Alright, Spidey. That's enough out of you. I gotta go figure out how to take down Octopus Co. correctly this time."

"Well, good luck with that. Go shine a light on their shadow." 

"Will do, Spidey."

Then Peter knew that there wouldn't be much he would be able to help with the rest of the time. That wouldn't stop him from watching though, because how many people could say they watched a secret SHIELD mission from start to finish to take down HYDRA. 

They stayed in the warehouse for the most part, then Mr.Rogers got in a car and started driving somewhere. 

Peter watched Mr.Rogers enter the Smithsonian only for him to steal his suit off the manacan. Peter took a second to process what he just saw before bursting out in laughter of the ridiculousness of the situation. The Captain America, America's golden boy, was stealing his own suit for a mission to take down HYDRA. Peter wasted no time in saving the video for future entertainment. 

That's when things started to get interesting. He watched the fights go down in the helicarriers and how his mom snuck in and put Pierce in his place and how Sam was everywhere. 

"This could be an awesome movie." Peter mumbled as he ate some more of Lila's baby puffs.

In the end Peter couldn't really watch anything after the helicarriers fell. Everything else that happened required having to hear the conversations. This building was too loud for the cameras to pick up specific conversations, so sadly he had to stop.

He closed his laptop before putting it on his desk in his room and going back down to spend time watching whatever was on the TV. Sitting down Laura looked over to him.

"Your mom good, or do I need to come out of retirement?" 

"She's all good. Got a GSW but she'll live. Probably will need a few days recovery though."

"Honestly think that trouble is attracted to her sometimes."

"I mean her first friend was Uncle Clint."

"Fair point."

It only took a few minutes for the whole family to be asleep on the couch and not wake up until Cooper was hungry.

A/N

Happy late Easter 🐣🐣

Sorry that this chapter came so late. It has been hectic lately, I've had some medical problems for a bit but I should be all good soon now. 

I've also been stuck between a few things that I might change in the MCU soon. Promise that they are smaller, like if I should include an extra character somewhere or not.

As always don't be afraid to tell me if I made any mistakes or if you have any suggestions or ideas that you would like to see. Now that we are in the movies of the MCU things should move a bit more smoothly. Should being the operative word there.

Drink water and stay healthy, you're doing great!! 

-Sky :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.4K 31
Tony Stark's daughter, Y/n (no one knows that she is a Stark though), falls in love With Peter Parker (Spiderman). Soon after, HYDRA attacks Midtown...
337K 9.4K 19
After escaping Hydra during a mission, 13 year old Peter Parker is put into child protection services who bring him to an orphanage full of abuse. Af...
334K 6.4K 30
Scenarios between Peter and the Avengers. ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE, SORRY FOR GRAMMAR MISTAKES I only write 1 or 2 parts/story. Please don't...
104K 1.8K 40
Sasha Anastasia Romanoff was kidnapped by HYDRA when she was a child. They trained her to be a vengeful assassin. Which is what she became.