Ready For It โœธ House of the D...

By amourfolklore

knew i was a robber first time that he saw me. ๐“†ฉโค๏ธŽ๐“†ชโ”Š ๐•ฝeady ๐•ฑor ๐•ดt, house of... More

๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ข๐ญ
๐ฏ๐จ๐ฅ ๐’Š โ”โ”โ” ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘ ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ 
[ 000 ] the birth of a star
[ 001 ] legendary cannibal
[ 002 ] trapped in a man's world
[ 003 ] joffrey velaryon a brave knight he'll be
[ 004 ] introducing the pink dread
[ 005 ] eldest son against eldest son
[ 006 ] even with the night changes
[ 007 ] we will meet again someday
[ 008 ] becoming one with the sea
[ 009 ] he would have to lose an eye
[ 010 ] burn to ashes
[ 011 ] blood of my blood
[ 013 ] the rogue prince and his three girls
[ 014 ] history remembers names
[ 015 ] question of legitimacy
[ 016 ] lone dragon no more
[ 017 ] fight for driftwood throne
[ 018 ] toast to the strong boys
[ 019 ] the king is dead
[ 020 ] long live the queen
Lavender Haze
[ 021 ] i'll bring you war
Plagiarism : please report

[ 012 ] time will heal all wounds, but not all

5.8K 252 23
By amourfolklore

CHAPTER TWELVE
❛ time will heal all wounds but not all ❜

⤿ ⁺ ̥ ⋆.♱ LOCATION, DRAGONSTONE *˖ ✶ʾʾ 

THE MOMENT ALYSSA SAW HER MOTHER MARRY ANOTHER MAN MOMENTS AFTER LAENOR'S DEATH CREATED A DRIFT BETWEEN THEM BOTH. 

Alyssa did not say anything when the feast was served and it seemed that Jace, Luke, Baela, and Rhaena shared the same sentiments. 

Before the wedding, Rhaenyra had a talk with them. She had told them the truth about how despite not loving Laenor romantically, he was still dear to her heart. He was her companion over the years and a good partner.

Daemon would be their stepfather, but he would never replace Laenor. The truth of Harwin being their true father could never be known, for they are Velaryons by name and not Strongs. 

Harwin understood that despite the circumstances and the longing he felt toward his sons for the past couple of years it was to protect them. 

But most importantly what mattered the most is that they were Targaryens. 

They were her children and that is what mattered. 

It was revealed that Alyssa wasn't Harwin's daughter or Laenors, but Daemons and she felt like an outcast among her brothers. But Jace and Luke didn't treat her any differently. 

Jace instead held her hand and told her he loved her all the same. No matter if they shared different fathers.

Alyssa never treated them differently because of their brown hair and eyes.

To Luke, she was his big sister and protector. Alyssa was his fairytale knight. The one to scare all the big scary monsters away. She was his security blanket and the one that kissed all his wounds and helped him get back up. 

"How long do you plan to give mother the silent treatment?" Jace asked one day.

"As long as I wish brother." Alyssa and Jace were laying on the beach holding hands. She was still in her riding gear and what Alyssa was happy about on Dragonstone wearing shirts and trousers without the whispering vipers of ladies in court judging her and the Queen's glares. 

"We are the oldest...Luke and Joffrey are still young to understand, but they need a father figure in their life. You and I have to set an example for them and Luke's starting to notice things too." 

"I know," Alyssa sighed and shifted her body to face him, "I just hate change. Ser Harwin's dead, Aunt Laena's dead, F─Father is dead, he died right in front of me...Luke cut Aemond's eye and mother got injured in the process, and I found out that my real father just so happens to be the man I met many years ago and claims he loves me, he hardly knows me!"

The pain was clear in her voice as Jace pulled his sister close to him to console her, "Mother never did tell him the truth sister. He figured it out all on his own...if he would've known─"

"I don't think it would've changed a thing. Why didn't he ever write to me if he had known?" Alyssa huffed, the distant sound of a roar could be heard. 

It was like Alyssa and Cannibal were one. Like her dragon, she was reckless and vengeful. 

"I may not understand what you are feeling right now Lys, but I want you to know that you aren't alone in this." 

"Thank you, Jace. For listening." 

"Always," 

"I'm starting to think that you enjoy pissing off father byka mandia. ( little sister ).

If anyone was deeply pissed off about what Daemon and Rhaenyra did it was Baela. Unlike her twin, she actually made it clear by the glares she sent them both that she was not happy. 

The only thing she seemed happy about was gaining another sister after she lost a sibling and a mother. 

"He thinks that because he married my mother that he could so easily try to replace him despite what I said."

Dragonstone should've felt at home, but instead, Alyssa felt truly alone in the depths of her own sadness and anger. 

The only part of her day she looked forward to is going dragon riding and sword training. Cannibal was the largest dragon compared to Syrax and Caraxes. The two and the rest of the dragons would keep far away from him in fear of being eaten. 

Laenor and Harwin were the ones that privately trained her. And Daemon was delighted and insistent on teaching Alyssa. 

Often times he watched her knock down the boys and even defeat the training instructor. After watching Alyssa pin down Jace much to the amusement of the other children, he would be the one to train her himself. 

Alyssa hated it but in order to be the best, she had to learn from the best. 

"It's his way of showing his love. You say he hardly knows you but you are already his favorite daughter." Baela wasn't saying it out of jealousy but genuinely. 

In a way, the twins always felt closer to their mother growing up. Mainly their Velaryon roots rather than Targaryen. Baela was a mix of both her parents while Rhaena was sweet like their mother but just as fierce. Yes, they did show interest in dragons and learning Valyrian but they weren't as passionate as he was when it came to the Targaryens. 

"Oh no Baela ─" the last thing she wanted was to steal Daemon from Baela and Rhaena. As much as it hurt her to know that her biological father was there for them their whole lives and only saw her at least twice her whole life. 

"It's alright, Alyssa. It's been a while since father has actually smiled since mother passed away and it wasn't because he married Princess Rhaenyra but because of you. "

Baela knew that when she left Dragonstone to live with their grandmother that Rhaena would be in good hands with Alyssa.

"I don't want you to leave...we barely spent much time together. I've been surrounded by brothers my whole life and I got lucky with two gorgeous sisters," 

The three sisters spent their time dragon riding and exploring the shops down in town. Baela and Rhaena shared their lives in Pentos. How they would taste the finest fruits and the endless paradise. Not to mention the cities full of different cultures.

Alyssa explained her life growing up in Kings Landing. She was a sheltered child so in a way, their lives seemed extraordinary and lively compared to the life she had where she lived with constant remarks from the people of how she seemed more 'Targaryen' or 'legitimate' compared to Jace and Luke. 

It made Baela and Rhaena's purpose to shower her with love and show her what life had to offer. 

"You'd love Pentos, we'll take you there one day. The Free Cities is an extraordinary place. Though the Prince is a cunt."

"Baela!"

"What? It's just the truth, sister."

"If anyone is a cunt it's Ser Criston," 

She didn't really have friends growing up except Aemond, but they were family so it didn't really matter because it was more like they were forced to put up with one another. 

But then there was Daeron despite their age difference. He went away to Oldtown at a young age. He'd followed her around and make her laugh and smile. They were two years apart and it was natural that they stuck together. Aemond had come into the picture when he left, filling the spot of being her companion.  

Baela surprised her with a tight embrace, "You promise to look out for each other?"

As Alyssa was about to respond someone else did.

"We will, and you better write to us Baela." 

Rhaena's strong wall crumbled when Baela lifted up an arm and the girl immediately joined the embrace. 

Alyssa was the first to pull away and wipe her tears, "How about a sleepover? I shall ring the bell to send for a maid to bring sweet."

The three girls sat on the floor with pillows all over the floor that night. By morning, Rhaenyra found the girls asleep in Alyssa's room and her heart softened seeing the girls close to one another. The smell of wine was evident in the room which made Rhaenyra's face scrunch a bit slightly.

Memories of when she and her former best friend came to mind. They'd eat sweets until they were sick and gossip all night long, not caring to keep their voice and laughter down. They'll sleep a bit later because of the amount of wine they'd drink. 

"They're good together...it's unfortunate to see Baela go, I haven't seen her smile so much this past for weeks."

Daemon came into view, leaning against the wall and watching his daughters. His face was his usual cold one but his eyes held a different story. "Princess Rhaenys is convinced we have something to do with Laenor. Sending Baela to Driftmark would be a way to make up for it." 

Laena would've wanted at least one of their daughters to experience life on Driftmark. 

"No doubt she would be relieved to be away from me," Daemon muttered fully aware that two of his daughters were angry with him. He was lucky that Rhaena was somewhat understanding, but she did hold disappointment. 

"Take them to the shops down the Fishing village or perhaps go dragon riding. You need to make up with them instead of fighting with them,"

"Shouldn't you be doing the same," Daemon retorted a bit snappishly, hating being told what to do. If it were Laena, he would do it in a heartbeat. She had been his anchor these past few years but without her, he felt a sort of loss. 

"I have talked to Alyssa and the boys together. They understood why I did what I did. She is slowly getting used to her new life here on Dragonstone and yet you have done nothing but fuel her anger by telling her that you were her real father on the day Laenor left," Rhaenyra's voice hushed so the girls wouldn't hear. 

"You just have to wait for her to let you in Daemon. I meant what I said, take the girls out for a day. This will be your last chance to see them all together." Rhaenyra walked closer and held his face, "I've had Alyssa for years, and now it's your turn to spend time with her. It's the perfect opportunity to make amends,"

Daemon's eyes shut when Rhaenyra kissed his cheek and left leaving him to his thoughts.

────────────────────────

𝑰. 𓂃 𓏲࣪ 𖤐 𓄹𓈒 ╱ Here is a chapter for you all. This is more like a filler chapter. I think I'm going to write chapters like these because I feel like this time jumps mainly skipping over some relationships. 

I'm also thinking of making another love interest of my own imagination. There is a face claim that I have been wanting to use for a long time and I feel like he'd fit really well with this story. 

𝑰𝑰. 𓂃 𓏲࣪ 𖤐 𓄹𓈒 ╱ ALSO SHAKIRA AND MILEY ARE SHAKING UP THE WORLDDD. Honestly, both songs are so good and are in my mind. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52K 3K 53
Corlys and Laenor were one and the same. They loved the thrill more than the catch. The chase more than the prize they caught. But Corlys had grown...
57.7K 1.4K 9
Is it a video? Is it a video? . . . โ € โธบ โ €Fire and Blood / House of the Dragon โ € โธบ โ €fem!oc x Cregan Stark โ € โธบ โ €cover by @ewgender
190K 6.2K 27
๐ข๐ง ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐›๐ž ๐š ๐›๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๐ข๐๐๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ง๐๐ข๐ง๐  ๐€๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐œ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ๐š...
32.8K 1.4K 14
"You did the best you could and still you failed." It was he said she said at driftmark when Aemond lost his eye. Alicent knew she would get no help...