A Lesson Just For You

By siennaisfine

where the companions were teleported to a theater and reacting to Cale's past. Prevuous title (All for You) W... More

Prologue (rewrite)
Chapter 1 (rewrite)
Chapter 2 (rewrite)
Chapter 3 (rewrite)
Chapter 4(rewrite)
Chapter 6(rewrite)
Chapter 7(rewrite)
Chapter 8(rewritten)
get to know the story
Chapter 9(rewrite)
Chapter 10(rewritten)
Chapter 11(rewritten)
Special Chapter 1 : Nightmare
Chapter 12(new)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
My Story : Crush
My Story : Crush 2
My Story : Crush 3

Chapter 5(rewrite)

1.3K 51 6
By siennaisfine

Tap tap tap tap

Sounds of hurried footsteps can be heard along the corridor. The source is no other than the stressed Count of the County.

He looked grim and upset. He stopped on his track.

'...Shit. I messed up.' He thought.

Right after he stepped out of the office, he felt relief but also guilt. He could not help but feel relieved after the stressed outburst he just made.

He realised he stepped out of bounds when he started to speak about the marriage between them.

He knew why she did not run away. That is why he felt pity and decided to give her everything she asked for.

It turns out that is not the best decision he made. It probably just made it worse for her.

He slapped his cheek until it turned red. He huffed in determination.

He is not there to think about his past actions. He's there to visit his traumatized second-born child.

{Choi Han coughed. The others turn towards his direction confused. Alberu was holding his laughter since he knew why Choi Han coughed.

"Is something wrong, Choi Han?" Rosalyn asked.

Eruhaben examined the instructor-crown prince duo suspiciously.

"Both of you have been acting weird ever since we arrived here." He adds.

Alberu looked at Eruhaben flabbergasted by the sudden accusation.

"I thought it was about Choi Han coughing? Why am I suddenly being added to the conversation?" He exclaimed.

Lock sensed something was wrong and quickly changed the topic.

"Why don't we continue the screening? The faster we finish the better." He said.

Everyone looked back at the screen and the screen continued.}

He resumed walking until he finally reached his room.

Knock knock knock

He waited.

"Come in." A child's voice can be heard from the other side.

He opened the door quietly. He checked the room's surroundings and finally spotted the child sitting on the floor with his storybook. The child is looking at him in wonder.

He smiled gently. He stepped closer and when he arrived, he ruffled the child's hair. "How are you doing, Basen?" He asked gently.

Basen flinched at the question. He stayed quiet for a while but Deruth remained patient.

The boy then hugged his father searching for comfort. "I missed you." He whimpered.

{"Don't be sad, human's brother." Raon exclaimed in worry.}

Deruth stayed silent knowing what mistake he had made. He has been busy since the incident happened. Having to clean up and silence the witnesses took a very long time to deal with. He became even more busy since four days ago ever since Cale woke up from his slumber. Searching for the finest and most trusted healer as well as priests also took a lot of his time(Both he and Violan only want the best of the best and it is hard for the church to keep up. They almost resorted to calling saint Jack from the Empire.).

He hugged the boy and patted his back to give comfort. "I am sorry. I should have visited you sooner. I am sure you are scared after what happened." He said gently.

{"No shit Sherlock." Choi Han whispered to himself.

Choi Han is quite irritated with the saying 'I am sure you are scared' when it is so obvious. He knew it was childish of him to think that considering the situation but he couldn't help it. The stress is eating him slowly.}

The boy let out a weak whimper and then a weak silent cry. He hugged his father even more tightly.

"Shh... It's okay... I am here... Shhh.." Deruth whispered repeatedly.

After he visited Basen, he headed to the next mansion beside the main. He looked grim and tired.

He realized just how much damage that Liethe and the boy's schemes had done to the family. He wanted to just throw every act and kick the boy out of the family but he knew if he did Cale would be very distraught. He needed to do what is best for the family but he also wanted to be a good father that his son can rely on.

{"One of the reasons why I don't want to be married. Parents dilemma." Rosalyn mumbled earning weird looks from the adults.

"Why are you looking at me like that? It is true. No. It's a fact." She defended herself.}

Without even noticing he has already arrived at his destination. He looked around there was not a single sight of at least one servant.

He frowned. 'Should I do another cleanup? These people don't seem to be doing their work properly.' He thought.

{Everyone nodded.}

He looked back at the door and knocked.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

He did the same thing as he did with Basen. He waited patiently.

"Come in." He heard.

The door was opened by Ron and he went straight to the couch. He turns towards the boy beside the window.

"How are you doing? Is there any problem?" He asked.

Cale sat up from the chair and sat on the opposite couch in front of his father.

"I'm fine. Though there are still some wounds that still refuse to heal." He answered.

Deruth examined one of the scars that failed to be hidden on Cale's wrist. He looked up to see Cale smiling while sipping his tea.

"Do you have any problem eating? Being unconscious for a long time can affect your diet and eating habits. At least that is what the healer informed me." He continued to ask. He also rambled a bit at the end.

Cale stared at him dumbfounded. He inspected his shy and fidgety father.

{'Cute..' Lock and Rosalyn thought.}

He burst out laughing. "Hahahaha! You are very adorable, father."

He smiled reassuringly. "I am eating well. I still needed time to familiarize myself with chewy and hard food but other than that nothing changed." He stated.

Deruth glanced at Ron standing at the door. Asking for confirmation.

Ron noticed his lord's eyes and nodded affirmative.

Deruth let out a sigh of relief. He focused back on Cale sitting in front of him.

He started a new topic. His expression became serious. "I am also here to talk to you about our family's relationship with Jeremy Malloyd."

Cale stared at him in shock. He regained his composure and started to scan the room and surroundings. He put down his cup and gestured for Ron to take away the tea and sweets.

Crossing his legs, he stared at his father to continue.

"Please continue, father."

{Everyone stared dumbfounded.

"What just happened?" Lock asked.

Rosalyn exclaimed in frustration. "How can they change the screen without finishing!?"

Choi Han stayed quiet for a while. He glanced at the chaotic room filled with confused people.

"Maybe the information is not something we should know about? This is what the people in my hometown called a cliffhanger."

The audience stared at him.

"In my whole life as a dragon, I have never heard the word 'cliffhanger'," Eruhaben stated in his confusion.

The children also started to speak. "What is a cliffhanger?"

"Cliffhanger usually refers to scenes in a story like a novel to be cut and be viewed at a later time. Sometimes at the end and sometimes on the next chapter." He explained.

"Oh...." Everyone sat back down and the story continued.}

They finished their conversation late evening after Cale informed his father that he was tired and wished to rest.

Deruth complied and assured him to have dinner in his room instead of in the dining room with the rest of the family.

"I will explain to them why you cannot make it to dinner. The others will understand and not question it any further." He said.

And then the father left the room along with Ron who was heading to the kitchen to get his(cale) food for dinner.

Cale who was left alone dropped his 'perfect' smile and laughed hysterically. (I felt like I was making Cale into an even more psychotic person than in the previous version.)

"Oh my gosh... It felt so refreshing!! The look on her face made me so excited!? I almost lost it when I saw father." He laughed.

One of the perks of being the favorite golden child is that he is allowed to go wherever he wants around the mansion including the restricted garden right beside Deruth's office.

The garden is restricted to everyone except for the Count and the gardeners that is tasked to clean and keep the garden beautiful once a week. Which was three days ago.

He wiped his tears and stared in one particular direction. Jeremy's mansion.

He let out a sigh of contentment. "I can already imagine his face after finding out about this. This is getting even more fun.."

He plopped down on his bed and started to daydream. 'In the future, those faces will be painted with even much much more beautifully decorated despair.' (If I hadn't known better, I would've thought you are the sealed god's saint or something)

He fell asleep smiling contently.

{"Human looks so scary."

"I don't like how he smiles, nya."

On scooted closer to her younger brothers.

The adults realized just how dangerous a feral Cale is and were grateful that he was on their side.

The young boy looked exactly like a villain. A devil in disguise.}

Biting his delicate nails and circling the room. He stopped for a minute and ruffled his hair in annoyance.

"Grrr.....aaaaarrrggghhh!!" He shouted in frustration.

"This can't be happening. I need him! That useless woman!! What do I do now? Nghh... Aunt is on her way... she can't find out about this. I'll be punished." His voice cracked in the middle.

He heard the conversation from one of the maids who acted as his informant. He didn't say anything when the maid reported but now that she is gone he can talk as he pleases with no one to disturb him.

{Hm? What? What does he mean by getting punished? Are they not on good terms?}

'I need to do something' He thought.

His plan is already halfway to being done. He can't stop now. All of his efforts will be for nothing if the plan gets ruined.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

457K 31.2K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
104K 3.1K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
138K 6.3K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
272K 8K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...