๐๐„๐€๐‘๐‹๐„๐’๐‚๐„๐๐“ ( the...

Autorstwa chowaya

๐๐„๐€๐‘๐‹๐„๐’๐‚๐„๐๐“ | he recognized her by her eyes, those grey eyes with flecks of glassy white- pearlesc... Wiฤ™cej

zero
prologue
one. mistake
two. arrival
three. lessons
five. recalling
six. violence
seven. brewing
eight. from a distance
nine. closer look
ten. cousin talk
eleven. remedy
twelve. warm
thirteen. words
fourteen. spirit sister
fifteen. boy with suns for eyes
sixteen. show me how
seventeen. chats
eighteen. troubles
nineteen. forgiving
twenty. stay safe
twenty one. long story short
twenty two. pearlescent
pearlescent.

four. mask

4.1K 125 40
Autorstwa chowaya

[ chapter four ]

SHE WAS SAT within her humble abode, sitting the in middle of her Marui pod on the floor with the floor table holding freshly brewed tea. The area she sat in was dimly lit- most of its light source coming from the sky.

The dark blue sky with specks of with shimmering dots, glittering freckles as her sister might say were mesmerizing- entrancing if you will. The girl with moonlight grey eyes loving the sky wasn't so surprising to anyone.

Arwani felt tired but she couldn't really sleep properly so she made tea, didn't make anynharsh noises to turned on any bright lights but trusted to the light of the night to help her through.

So there she sat. Her legs crossed, as she took a mother sip and rested her chin I'm her palm, her fingers tapping to a certain rhythm. She started out at the night sky, light eyes being bewitched by the beauty of the night- in her mind, she was connecting the dots to make a drawing. She drew flowers and a turtle.

She liked it. She doesn't think anything could ruin something special like this, the sound the drapes to her mother's side of the pod made her snapped her neck to the direction. The woman walking out, still looking tired as ever. Arwani just stayed silent to staring at the sky- seeing the woman was rather too sleepy.

She recognized her mother's faces, when she's sleepy the corners of her eyes would be more downwards. When she's mad at her sister, she'd visibly frown and scoff towards Wira- very much directed. When Anaera's mad at her, she wouldn't pull any face but rather make condescending remarks. And when she's mad at anyone else- she'd side-eyed those people and call them idiots.

When her mother's sad, she'd stay silent and get frustrated easily- taking out on the nearest thing or person. When her mother is happy she had a downturned smile, an make remarks that don't hurt.

And for right now, when she's relaxed. She'd do the same thing as Arwani, keep expressionless and drift away- out of touch, kept in the mind.

" Why are you awake? " The woman asks, her voice still hoarse so the girl poured her tea but didn't respond. There was a pause between them, a peaceful comfortable silence they don't commonly get from the pair. It's usually silent treatment and just plain arguing.

To Anaera- she felt nice for once.

" Just . . . things, keeping me awake. " Arwani took another sip, her mother snorted and Arwani looked at her.

" Just things keeping me up, I didn't raise you to be a weakling- you sound like one. " The mother let out a breathy laugh, Arwani could feel the ends of her lips lift up, a small smile gracing her lips.

Arwani, just continued to stay silent. " You know, " Anaera began, " when I was your age, I used to stay up all night if l could, just to look at the sky and sea. "

The woman, reminiscence. " I advise you not to do that. You'll age earlier and get white hair early- look at me. I'm always right. "

" You're hair isn't that white. It's just a few strands. " Arwani added, Anaera rolled her eyes. The woman have always wondered how the girl was her daughter, that came out of her womb. Her next words were sudden, " You're too gentle for your own good. "

" Gentle? I don't think I am but what's wrong with being gentle? " Arwani innocently queries.

" Nothing. But you are gentle. " She explained, " Whatever you do, even if you it's for your own good you feel guilty for it. Don't. " Arwani wasn't sure what to think of this. The girl continued to drift from her mind, she started back at the sky but her mind now disturbed by thoughts to connect the stars.

Her mother continued to sip her tea, the daughter simply staring in her cup and swishing it around into a tiny whirlpool.

Silence loom over their figures in their silent house, the only sound presence was their sipping, the waves crashing right outside and the sounds of Wira, snoring in her sleep. " Why do we always fight? "

Arwani started, but she didn't ask out of spite or snarkily because of her sudden change of attitude at this late of night but just genuinely curious. Genuinely, the eldest daughter wanted answers.

" I'm sorry. " Was all the women stated.

Arwani wasn't looking forward to hear apologies now. The girl just sighed deeply, all of her frustration flowing out coming right from her core. " Get a grip. "

Anaera smiled at her daughter's answer. She knew the girl wasn't gentle but sensitive, she could easily fracture someone's ego after she wiped her tears after getting hurt- always standing back up no matter what, it reminded her of her late husband. " You're just like me, only a little really. "

Saying so suddenly, she questioned. " Do you not like me then, because I remind you of yourself? "

" What do you think? "

" I think I'm right like you always are. I am. " Arwani finishes. Can't help but wonder if her life would be so different if she still had her dad around- learning his ways that his parents thought him.

Speaking of teaching, oddly enough her mind went back to Neteyam. Orange yellow that mirrors the sun, yet have blue skin like midnight- she thought of him. And their lessons, I should really try and start teaching him to sign.

The girl finished her tea and looked to her mother and asked, " How do I teach someone to sign? "

" Didn't you also taught your sister? " Answering back with a question.

" Progress wasn't even half way, and she ran away. " Then woman pulled a face, " Are you teaching a child? "

" No and yes. He's a year younger than me. " She visibly frown, " Then why are you worried? Why worry for a teenager?- Arwani, I did not raise you to easily bend down to pressure. Have all the things I thought not come in your head?"

She began to ramble under her breath how she raised an useless idiot with no talent, as she the woman was starting to cuss her out- Arwani knew this. Whenever Anaera was getting even more tired she'd make a fuss and act cranky like a baby and let out her frustration on the first person she sees.

" Stop making a huge fuss about it. " The daughter immediately regretting asking. " I'm just asking how to make understanding easier. "

" What are you talking about? Understanding is never easy. " - nice to know, you're a person of your word.

Her mother's faced turned emotionless now, Arwani had sense within the second she had changed her demeanor. The girl could only just brace herself for the things Anaera has to say- zoning out as she's at it.

" I'm not going to waste my time talking to you anymore at this late of night, I've spoken enough. You'll figure it out." Anaera just snatched the girl's empty cup and walked away, " You always do. "

BREATH IN AND BREATH OUT. The rest of them followed after Tsireya's orders, the girl taking the lead as everyone meditated all together gathered in a circle. Then came the breath holding exercise, everyone seemed to follow well, except the only boy with hair above his eyes- struggling to keep up.

Arwani observed silently, she felt her like she was just watching a person do the task of her own- she felt distant in fact. Like she was just floating and watching herself complete everything that needed to be done. The girl was quiet, usually she was but this was a different quiet.

She was sat besides Aonung and the youngest of them all, Tuk. She liked her and as Arwani liked to observe, she had caught Aonung smiling at the youngest girl some time- finding her adorable. Wira being secretly hyper-competitive as usual, whilst trying to impress her blue skinned friend.

Rotxo had joined them, sitting behind both his best friend and her. The eldest would glance back at times and see that his eyes would be on Kiri, the girl too oblivious and in her own world to care- Arwani found it very beautiful and graceful of her.

The younger girl was very amazing in her eyes, sometimes catching her admiring the beauty of nature- fully adoring which made Arwani feel that Kiri was more with the water than most of her people. Another pair of darting eyes, and shy ears would be Tsireya and Lo'ak.

This time, everyone noticed. If plain obvious were a pair, they would be it. No words can argue that.

It was true. Lo'ak being rather more shy when Tsireya's around- eyeing his feet or darting his eyes to somewhere being lingering back to her. Or when Tsireya would do the exact same, except she was more subtle about it. The said boy, struggling with his breathing.

" Let me help you, " Tsireya puts her hand on his stomach, sstartling him. She turned to look at his brother, Neteyam already looking at her with the younger girls by his side holding their laughter all together. " You are suppose to breath from right here "

Aonung was smirking, Arwani wasn't so sure if his mind was finding it funny how the Omaticayan boy was so flustred or he was thinking all the ways to murder him for simply having an interest in his sister. Nonetheless, it was fun to see.

Arwani wore more relaxed and softer expression, one not many caught so often since she usually looks mad even when she isn't - misconception about her - . Neteyam glanced back at her, watching her very still face.

It's like a mask was sewn onto her face because of how little she expressed, her eyes being the most expressive part of the girl, now sparkling in entertainment and joy- he liked that.

Arwani invested with the flirting show right in front of her, Tsireya looking at him with wide innocent doe eyes. Innocently she comments, " Your hearts beating fast"

The opposite of slowing his heart beat like they all had planned. Shyly, his ears twiched, " Sorry. "

Arwani couldn't help but hide her face, feeling his embarrassment from his spot.

" It's okay "

WHAT was the forest like? Arwani acted out gestured, aggressively lip syncing to each words of act.

Beautiful. He replied- it was the next day, Neteyam was eventually learning their sign language with Arwani. He had never seen the older girl this expressive until now, it was fun to him because of how serious she took it, but it was confusing at times.

What wasn't fun was when Arwani would pushed his head to the side when she had lost her patience with him with signing the same word wrongly.

And? She signaled, wanting to him to carry on.

The forest, had, very, tall, trees. His hands struggling to keep up with her fast-paced ones, once noticed did she slow down. She then asked again, was it dangerous?

No, it was not dangerous. Arwani nods in satisfaction once he understood the danger hand sign, hoping it will come handy in the future. It was home. My. Home.

Arwani nods again, staying silent. A cue he had caught on in the beginning for him to continue- I miss it. A lot. I miss the rain. My monkeys-

" The Omaticayan had monkeys as companions? Monkeys? " Monkeys. She mouthed, Neteyam furrowed his face and shook his head- syncing to, 'people'

People. She signed, exaggerating a lot. People. You miss your people?

Yes. The sounds of the forest, they were home. The flying mountains and flying on my friend- I miss it.

Her hands rested in her lap, hearing his story. Just the sound of people from some distance of their spot ( right outside his family's Marui pod, sitting on the paddock ) and waves crashing each other. She watched in solitary, pupils expand as he passionately led his story, trying his best to get it right word by word- doing it slowly but steady.

Arwani listened to his silent stories.

The air is different from here. The air is not sour ( he probably meant salty ) over there. Our ways were different from here. I used to follow my parents around when they had work- I helped them a lot.

My siblings would fight with each other. I used to hunt with my family, archery. He dropped his hands, Arwani was partly amazed yet again by how fast he caught up.

" You're an Archer? " Finally, was their conversation verbal. The girl looked impressed, she then forwardly signed- I can see that.

" What's wrong with that? " Neteyam just asked, she waved her hands for a no. " Nothing, I didn't take you for the type to wield a bow. You seem more like a person who would rather use a sword if I were honest. "

" Well, same goes as you. I didn't take you as the type to be a healer, considering you tried to drown me. " He retorted with a smile, it only growing ince he finished the last line.

" But you shot your arrow at me - wait, I forgot. " She stopped, her hand coming to cover her agape mouth as he bursted into fits of joyous laughter- he smiles brightly at her whilst the girl returned doe eyes.

He said, questioning. " Did you really? "

" I actually did. " She paused, her face still looking stunned at the forgotten memory. He laughed again, throwing his head back at her dumbfounded figure.

" Oh, forget it. " She quickly cut it. She goes back to signing, do you like it? Archery?

It feels nice. I like it. He smiles at her, her gaze softened- the ends of her mouth didn't move to express anything but Neteyam saw her eyes. He likes her, not in that way of course, he just likes that she could hold eye contact with him now.

He just liked that they both weren't so awkward anymore. You're a fast learner.

" A fast what? " He asked, not getting the last part by how fast she did it- she re-signed it, " Learner, learner. "

" I said you're a fast learner. " She repeated, dropping her hands. Then she adds, admitting " I'm envious of that. "

" Well, I'm not actually born a fast learner- I had just eventually grew to catch up faster. " He replied, uncriss-crossing his legs and dipped his heels into the water like her. " Still a fast learner. Take it as a compliment "

" Thank you. " He smiled, Arwani nodded. At the gesture, Neteyam tried very hard not to frown- does the girl really not like smiling he wondered.

" For tomorrow, I'm just looking forward to swimming aimlessly, you can join me if you want- just right after another Ilu riding lesson" The girl randomly commented her plans for the next day, the younger boy raised widened his eyes at her.

" Already have it plan out, huh? " He said.

She asks instead after a hum, " Mmhm. Do you have any plans for adventure? "

" No. " He returned, looking at the water for a moment. " Not really. "

" Name a part of the reef, and I'll take you there if you want. "

Ever since, he had came to the village. Neteyam wasn't given much freedom, but just the order from his parents to look after his siblings. Yes, he found their world immensely pretty still never really had he thought of it- to explore on his own.

His parents had given him their trust to look after his siblings, and he didn't want to ever betray it. His family is very dear to him- however, once Arwani had mentioned it. He began to think, he thought and thought.

He was probably taking minutes to answer her simple question, the girl said nothing. Just waiting for his voice to tell her of the places he would want to go.

And she'd be very happy to accompany him if he wanted to.

He took a deep breath, " Honestly, no idea. " He chuckled after minutes of thinking and with that answer, he probably thought that Arwani thinks of her weirdly. Arwani didn't.

" We can explore many, and I'll accompany you. " She offered, her voice soft and kinder than her usual tone. She looked at him directly, Neteyam had to break the connect and recollect his thoughts.

His eyes find hers again, " I'll think of it. "

author's note
- haha. Three more exams to go.
Arwani not wanting to smile express anything, Neteyam :

sora.

Czytaj Dalej

To Teลผ Polubisz

1.4K 40 13
"๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐€๐˜ ๐Ž๐… ๐–๐€๐“๐„๐‘ ๐‡๐€๐’ ๐๐Ž ๐๐„๐†๐ˆ๐๐ˆ๐๐† ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐๐Ž ๐„๐๐ƒ"- ๐“๐’๐ˆ๐‘๐„๐˜๐€ ๐Ž๐ฉ๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฉ๐š๐ง๐๐จ๐ซ...
68.3K 1.6K 41
a broken girl trying to live meets a boy trying to prove himself all characters aged up neteyam x oc
111K 3.4K 27
Desire- a fickle thing of fantasy. Fae'voila, a performer of songs, content with her mundane life on a tiny island. Could not dream of love at such...
453K 12.2K 75
"Don't look away from me," He moved closer. And she couldn't. Kireyi herself was like the water, if he pushed she would pull, he learned that if he w...