My Shining Star

By Myuseriszoey

A young charismatic girl struggling to survive life. Keeping up with bills to pay, stuck up friends, and a de... More

A/N: intro
Chapter 1: The past & now the present
The Weeping Willow (FULL VERSION)
Chapter 2: Maxine who?!
Chapter 3: Memories of their past
Chapter 4: Cooped up
Chapter 5: Our saviors
Chapter 6: Finders keepers
Chapter 7: Just once
Chapter 8: Dance fail
Chapter 9: Big bad wolf
Chapter 10: Thinking about you
🍋 Chapter 11: A tease
Chapter 12: Welcomed but not
🔓 Characters Unlocked (1)
Chapter 13: Run Maxi RUN!
Chapter 14: A way 2 hide a lie
🍋 Chapter 15: Fuzzy feelings
Chapter 16: Not so bad
Chapter 18: Fuming rage
Chapter 19: I'll always be there
Chapter 20: Something new
Chapter 21: Tell me everything...
Chapter 22: To the beasts city
Chapter 23: Downsides of traveling
Chapter 24: I'm a WIZARD?!
Chapter 25: It's all coming back to me now
🍋 Chapter 26: Plans to seduction
Chapter 27: My expertise
Chapter 28: We could have had...
🍋 Chapter 29: Jealousy between two
Chapter 30: Landslide
Chapter 31: Eyes on me!
Chapter 32: A shy stranger
🍋 Chapter 33: A wolf's obsession
Chapter 34: A wish comes true
🍋 Chapter 35: New rivals, new problems
Chapter 36: The tiger outside my window
🔓 Characters Unlocked (2)
🍋 Chapter 37: A kitty's prize
Chapter 38: Confessions
Chapter 39: Sweet promises
🍋 Chapter 40: Feline's trickery
Chapter 41: Queen over night
Chapter 42: Willow's true colors
Chapter 43: My downfall to a new change?
Chapter 44: Gardening 101
🍋 Chapter 45: Bashful beast
Chapter 46: The ultimate quest for sashimi
🍋 Chapter 47: Sweet treat
Chapter 48: A shiver down my spine
Chapter 49: Tiger vs. Tree
🍋 Chapter 50: A king's love
Chapter 51: Bunny Avalanche
Chapter 52: Villain revealed
Chapter 53: Eat or forever hold your peas!
Chapter 54: Family problems
Chapter 55: Tiger king's downfall
Chapter 56: Truth behind a suspicious tiger
Chapter 57: Family reunion
🍋 Chapter 58: The tiger inside me
Chapter 59: Battle between favoritism
Chapter 60: Wish upon a star (End)

Chapter 17: Top of the chain

1.4K 73 12
By Myuseriszoey

Maxine POV

I was walking my way back to Lezon home, but to my discomfort I heard a blaring roar in the distance that was toward the forest. It sent my skin shivering to my spine, making me walk even faster. After a while, I was relieved that it wasn't Sebastain's roar, if I heard his roar I would be running for the hills back home!

One thing to keep in mind was to never anger Sebastain. Yea he looks friendly and calm on the outside but on the inside he will literally unlock the gates of hell if provoked.
I learned my lesson after that past incident that occurred.

You know the one with the wolves.. It was no no when angering Sebastian. He is truly scary when he is mad! I am crying when I imagine his furious face in my mind. During that incident, I was sweating nervously, panicking when he looked at me after he beat them. It was like he was going to beat me to a pulp after he knocked out those wild dogs. Like they weren't enough for him and I was next on the list! I didn't want to be next but he stared at me like I was gonna be.

There was this one time I did a silly prank on him though it turned out not so silly. I wanted to prank him for fun just to see his reaction. So I set up a fake act and covered my fingers placing a fake one instead. The plan was simple: during dinner time I will help cook alongside him. I pretend I got hurt accidentally cutting myself. When he sees it then BLAM! The fake finger I wore will release out onto the floor while I scream.

Turns out the prank didn't go well as planned, the moment he found out I was looking at the devil right before me! Just by how he seriously looked at me without blinking means something serious. I was then kicked out of the kitchen and banned from ever holding something sharp in my hands that day. It took me many days of begging and pleading for him to uplift his ban. Yea that was a bad idea from the beginning.

Anyways back to the present...

I stopped my tracks, when I saw a group of female's walking towards my way. I cringed in sight seeing them walk intimidatingly, it's like they're trying to scare me by their empowering presence. Right now, I only see three cocky women strutting in a weird walk to me. In the corner of my eye, I saw a group of males behind them who hid in plain sight near the bushes. It must be their males or suitors nearby.

They suddenly stop walking and the female in the middle, can up forward. She was tall and flabby, her breast and stomach sagged right down her fur clothing. Her dark short hair was so messy that it almost resembled a bird's nest. She wore a white top and skirt that tightly hugged her tan skin.

In the distance, her yellow eyes looked at me menacingly like I was some sort of threat. She angrily bit her bottom lip after she began to talk.

"Oh look what I found, a wild female inside the wolf tribe. You of all people sho-"

" Huh?? What the hell is she saying" I thought, tilting my head in confusion.

"UHH- Sorry but I can't hear you! Can you talk a little louder!" I shouted right straight at them in the distance as they scowled.

I looked straight at the distance to the blue haired female crossing her arms together. She looked like she was looking at me judging by her brown eyes looking my way, I dunno about them but the distance between me and them was far. I really had no clue what she was saying. They were literally whispering in a low voice like they think I have super hearing.

The female came running in as she stomped her feet in aggression when she that I saw unfazed by her comment. When the group of females came close right in front of me. I learned that the female in the middle was named Nora. The two besides her were Abby and Martha who cheered her on as they spouted rude remarks to me.

" You! Wild female leave this tribe! you're not welcomed here" Nora said, puffing up her chest in confidence when the two other females beside her started to cheer her on.

"Says, who?" I question, raising my brow, confused why an arrogant female like herself is kicking me out. It acts like she is in charge of the village and could do whatever she wanted on her own.

To be honest I didn't care what she said to me but I wanted to get the heck out of there. I knew from my last encounter that it didn't end so well. I started to walk away but her wide mouth opened once again.

"Wait.. wasn't I supposed to go somewhere?" I thought in my head trying to remember what I was originally going to do. It all stopped once she said something once more.

"Hmph! As the most prettiest female here I-"

When the angry female spouted a voice from behind crept up behind them. I saw her blonde hair sticking out from behind while tall sturdy wolf beastmen surrounded the female.

" You the prettiest female?.. Nora don't make me laugh" An arrogant voice said trying to cover her laughter.

"Oh shit- it's going to get messy!" I gasped looking in between the two females whose faces filled with hatred in each other's eyes. It was like watching TV drama unfold but this was happening right before my eyes.😳

(Anime: Dress up my darling)

***
3rd POV

Nora and the two other females turned around to see in their dismay that it was Lara. The long blonde haired female. She wore a green dress that complemented her fair skin. Her hazel nut eyes shimmered under the reflections of the oak tree above. From the inside she looks sweet and innocent but inside she is a manipulative and destructive whenever she doesn't get it her way.

She wore a haughty smile making her puff up in confidence. Her beauty and popularity in being the most prettiest female in the tribe stands at the top. She thought that Nora was speaking nonsense claiming that she was the prettiest! But nope Nora wasn't, she was!

When Lara crossed her arms in displeasure her many males knew what they had to do. As they began surrounding around her like bodyguards. But soon after, many other males swarmed right upon Nora, the blue haired lady who called for backup. She angrily demanded them to start fighting.

Maxine who was at the side watched the two females bicker back and forth arguing who's the true beauty. She blankly looked at them in cringe as she was right in the center between them. It was like she was the third wheel in this situation. Not really doing anything but to watch them.

She stayed for a while, curious what will happen next. She wished for popcorn as it would be great to eat and watch the drama unfold. She watches in excitement at this drama that is unfolding right in front of her.

Their males growled at each other ready to pounce at any time, they waited for their females to give them the word. The quiet atmosphere Maxine had when she was walking now turned into a bitter and fierce atmosphere from the two females. It was like an intense Pokémon go battle but for beastmen.

"Male! I choose you! Now attack! Use lightning punch!" was what Maxine imagined the battle to be like.

Not long after their heated battle a crowd started to form around them causing Maxine to back away from the approaching crowd. Not wanting to get stuck in between the many male beastmen that approached. The crowd observed as their males started to fight one another that was commanded by the two females Nora and Lara.

Maxine who was trying to get out ended up stuck inside the circle filled with beastmen, who watched the show. It was like she was stuck inside a prison cell having nowhere to escape since the crowd was compacted to one another around a big damn circle!

"What the fuck an iron circle?! Maxine thought looking around the compacted crowd filled with muscular wolf beastmen.

"How do I escape now?!" She thought in her head as panic erupted to her brain.

In the corner of her eye she saw a familiar necklace that hangs around a beastman's caramel skin. She slowly looks up revealing the one and only Sebastian who stared at the on going fight. Maxine nervously stared at his shocking presence, scared that he might see her.

"Oh shit..."

Drops of sweat formed that made Maxine nervously step back ever so slightly. Trying to not get caught by him. She wanted to escape his potential wrath coming her way.

Her hands and body trembled at the sight of his presence. She knows that if he saw her then and there it would be over for her.

(Anime: Love is war!/Chika"

" AHHH! Why the fuck is he here?! OH NO!! I'm really going to get it now!!" Maxine thought, as her mind was in total chaos.

"No, no, no, noooo!" She shakes her head in denial.

" WAIT a minute!"

A glowing light bulb ticked right on top of her head when an idea popped right into her head. Maxine soon wrapped her hair in a fur cloth trying to hide her identity.

" Ha! If he can't find me then I won't get caught easily, easy peasy!"

"I'm so smart!" She thought, confident by her words but it soon turned into regret...

***
3rd POV

When Maxine felt confident about her plan it soon backfired. As she never thought that he is a beastmen for crying out loud! A tera mark beastmen to be exact. She never came into consideration about his beastly instincts like super sight and smell. How can she forget about that?!

Bright orange eyes gleamed at the female who's hair was covered in a blue cloth that blocked her colored hair. He narrowed his eyes closely looking at the mysterious female that was in front of him in the distance.

(Manga: The Archduke's pet)

"Who is that female? Why is she alone?"

" Why does she look familiar?" Sebastian murmured under his breath.

He curiously observed the female's movements among the tight crowd to confirm his suspicions about her. He was shocked to see her.. Walk in zig zag patterns?!

"What the?" Sebastian thought.

When the female started to move, he instantly knew who it was when he saw her full body up close. The familiar clothing, body and scent lingering around her confirmed it was his one and only beloved. His Maxine that was foolishly doing a bad job hiding herself.

Fear and worry crept up inside of him that made his body tremble. Sebastian immediately pulled her away using his hand to get ahold of her. He grabbed just in time when she was about to move even further.

-Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.8K 3.2K 23
Alina DeCosta a girl from the 21st century somehow transports into a novel that she hates the most so didn't finish the novel. She somehow remembered...
71.3K 3.8K 53
She was a child formed from the union between a highly successful and charming Chinese man and an intelligent and witty black woman. Although this un...
200K 13.7K 119
After an accident, Imara, a 28-year-old plus-size black woman, ends up in a strange rainforest world from a bittersweet novel she read. This wild jun...
27.3K 1.7K 17
Join Dahlia as she stumbles across the Beastworld after dying in a car wreck. While never one to ever consider herself the main character, here she w...