Second Chance || Lab Rats

By multiny_

Hundreds of mile away from home. New school. New friends. New life. New feelings? Maybe Everything was bound... More

00
• Act one •
01: New School
02: Finishing First Day Of School
03: Split Personality
04: First Dance
05: Progress Reports And Shocking News
06: Chessy Picture On The Wall
07: Absent Birthday Boy
08: Forgive And Forget- Cause They Have A Flippin' Lab
09: Alone Time Gone Wrong
10: Beach Day And Old Enemies
11: Magic Shoes
12: Magic Shoes, Not So Magical Experience
13: Parent/Teacher Night
14: Visit From An Old Friend?
15: Day Two Of Building A Lab
16: Finally Friends
17: Marcus Goes To School
18: New Band And Betrayals
19: First Sleepover And A Mission
20: Mission Success
21: Wild Assumptions and laser tag gone wrong
• Act two •
22: A Trip To The Bottom Of The Pacific Ocean
23: Near Death Experience
24: Aftermath
25: First Day Of Parenting
26: Bad Parent(ing)
27: Making Memories
28: I Didn't Even Have Detention
29: What's Wrong With Bree?
30: Hanging Out With Geeks
31: Win Some, Lose Some
32: Vocal Manipulation
33: Close Call
34: Not So Happy Visit
35: Truth's Out
36: New Universe, New Me
37: No Place Like Home
38: First Birthday Together
39: Talent Show
40: Spike's Back
41: Uh Oh
42: Smoothing Things Over
43: Another Dooley In School
44: Loud neighbors
45: The Day Has Come
• Act Three •
47: A Year Later
48: An Angry Old Friend
49: First Hero Mission
50: Boyfriend Goes Missing
51: We've Come So Far
Epilogue
A/N

46: Unexpected Turn

276 6 0
By multiny_

I'm almost free. I just need to unlock the door and im out of this mess. As I typed on the pad a shriek followed. I jumped and screamed at the sudden noise. I placed a hand on my chest calming myself down.

"Leo! What are you doing here?" I frustratedly whispered. He gaped his mouth seeming like a fish out a water while pointing at his little red wagon.

"Dont tell me you're going to go in there with that?" I asked, pinching the bridge of my nose.

Leo composed himself. "Yeah I am. My family is in danger and they need me."

"Leo. This isn't going to end well and you know it." I tried to reason with him. Leo looked at me with the same look he had when I first betrayed him. A wave— tsunami at this point— of guilt overwhelmed me. This is not the time to break down.

I swear all I've been feeling since I got here is guilt.

"I don't care. I have to do something. I wont just run away like you are."

"I didn't want this." I stressed out.

"You didn't stop it either."

~•~•~•~•~

"Oh, look who showed up to be a hero. And this ones not even bionic. I can take him out with the sprinklers." Douglas said taking a seat on his chair. The screen displayed the imagine of Leo and Lauren. Thought she hide amongst the shadows that proved the night sky.

"Leave him alone. He's just a kid." Donald defended.

"Wait. Is that...?" Chase trailed off squinting trying to see the monitor better. "Lauren?"

The bionic trio looked at the screen with shock. They watched their friend step out the shadow speaking with Leo. All three felt weight on their chest. The same like when Mr. D first saw Lauren casually in the lab with his brother. They couldn't believe it.

"Yeah, she's been a real help that girl." Douglas smiled, a hint of pride in his eyes when mentioning Lauren. He genuinely did like the girl. While he enjoyed having her around it did not take his focus away from what he really wanted.

"Time to wake Marcus. He wanted the privilege to take Leo down all to himself."

~•~•~•~•~

This whole time while we both could've left, Leo decided to use it to argue with me— and Eddie. I really didn't need Eddie here but at least he wasn't only annoying me tonight.

"Hello, Leo."

A voice came from behind us. Leo let out a loud scream holding onto me. Which caused me to scream and coward away from the lab's secret entrance.

"Sorry you came all this way. But we're kind of busy." Marcus said, taking small steps towards us. He stretched his hand out to me which I took. While I didn't agree with Douglas and his schemes I didn't want to fight Marcus on this. He was made for this very moment.

"Oh yeah? Well I've got this." Leo said, taking a laser gun from his wagon. Marcus flung the gun effortlessly with his bionics.

This went on until Marcus finally shot his own laser beams and disintegrate the wagon.

"Goodbyes are tough, Leo, so I'll make this easy." Marcus said. He brought his hand up. Small sparks of green started to form.

"Wait, Marcus, don't." I stepped in front of his hand. He lowered his hand with an annoyed look on his face.

"Out of the way, Lauren."

"Marcus that's enough." I stood my ground not wanting Leo to get hurt. Marcus titled his head while raising a brow. He lifte his hand again and the sparks started to form. His glanced down at his hand.

This is what the Davenport's must have felt.

Before the beams could came out of his hand he roughly pulled me to his side. The green beams had hit leo right on his chest. I shouted his name wanting to rush over to him but was held back by Marcus. He practically dragged me back into the lab.

"Marcus what hell is wrong with you?!"

"This had been the plan the whole time." Marcus calmly said, surely feeling proud of himself for taking down Leo.

I walked ahead not wanting to deal with what had occurred. I just couldn't fathom the thought of Marcus doing that to Leo. I mean I could he did try to send him to the bottom of an ocean but... it feels so different when it actually happened.

"Listen to me. Stay here and don't go down to the lab. If you can't handle Leo being gone then you certainly can't handle the Davenport's." Marcus sternly advised, holding my face between his hands. I felt panic slowly seep inside me.

"Marcus please. Don't." I pleaded. It was all hitting me at once. This is real. They could get hurt. Killed even. Tears brimmed my eyes at the though of any of them getting hurt even Douglas.

Marcus tucked some of the loose hair that'd covered my eye. He gave me a smile before gently pulling me into a soft passionate kiss.

"If it makes you feel any better I didn't actually kill him. The worst case is him being in a coma." He said.

"I'll see you soon." Marcus whispered, pecking my lips before leaving off to the lab. I stood in the middle of the living room overwhelmed by everything that'd happen tonight.

At least I know Leo isn't dead.

I let out a strangled sob. My hand flew to my mouth attempting to stop it. I just felt so useless. I could do something but couldn't face the trio. I ran my hands through my hair before pulling my phone out. With trembling hands I dialed my dad's number.

I sniffles waiting for him to pick up as I began to pace around the room. I fidgeted with my necklace feeling my sense heightening. My body was trembling as he finally picked up. I rushed out an explanation the best I could with my shaky voice.

I threw my phone onto the couch once he said he hung up. I wasn't mentally well to fully understand everything he said but knew he would arrive shortly. I didn't even bother contacting Tony knowing he wouldn't leave mom's side. It didn't matter if the house caught fire he wouldn't leave her side.

After six excruciating minutes he arrived. I raced over to him rapidly retelling him everything.

"Woah, woah, squirt take a deep breath." Dad said, kneeling down to my size. "That's it. Deep breath."

After doing a few calming breathing he took my hand and began making our way to the lab. Our small moment of peace was cut short as an explosion came from the lab.

We took off gliding down the stairs coming face to the rumble coming down.

"What happened?!" Dad shouted.

"I-I don't know." I frantically said. I pushed myself to run faster being the first inside the lab. I turned to the side seeing Douglas rush out the house but paid no mind to him.

Dad and I helped the Davenport's to the exit.

"Where's Douglas?" Mr. D asked. I was about to tell him he ran off but was cut off by Adam.

"We have to go now."

I left the Davenports and dad's side and rushed over to Marcus. I tried to help him up but the ruble kept us apart. Trying again he slightly pushed me aside shaking his head.

"You are not going anywhere." Marcus seethed as he conjured blue force from his hand. He aimed at the Davenport's bigger pieces of rumble began to fall. The building was going to collapse.

"Marcus! Look out!" Chase warned.

Before I could even think of a way to help him a huge pieces of concrete had fallen. Sobs filled with pain left my mouth. I had tried to reach out for Marcus but was too late.

Internally I was suffering. From the built up guilt to seeing— witnessing what I just did. I saw the one person I truly cared for taken away from me in a blink of an eye. Much like everything tonight it was slow to process what had happened. I couldn't— won't believe what happened.

I was frozen. Not even the pain from my leg under all the ruble could get me out of the daze I was in. Not long after my vision of Marcus under the piles of rocks was taken from me. My sight was filled with the night sky. I don't know if it was any better having reality sit in at the change of scenery. Everything happened so quick it was hard to deal with.

I couldn't feel anything but the tears running down my tired eyes. I couldn't feel the way the Davenport's exchanged glances when looking at me. I couldn't feel the pained expression on my dad's face as he held me tight. I couldn't feel any of it.

I just couldn't feel.

—————————
~•~•~•~•~•~

"Holy mother dick! This place is a shit show." An older man with a shovel lazily hanging off his shoulder smirked observing the place.

"Yeah it is. I'm seeing the same thing you are." The girl sarcastically said, playfully rolling her eyes. She had one hand on her shovel while the other had her thumb hooked on her belt loop.

"Let's get to digging. Shall we?" The girl continued scouting the place. It brought back painful memories that were once full of joy. She still couldn't believe she was back in Mission Creek.

"We shall." The man's smirk only grew at the girl's attitude. He brought the girl out of her thought as they began to dig through the dirt looking for a so called treasure. After a few minutes of digging through the built up ruble they struck 'gold.' The girl and man shared excited looks. They got to their knees and swept the dirt that laid above what they were looking for. Their treasure has finally come to view. The girl smiled pulling out pieces of metal. She lightly chuckled overjoyed at the metal arm she longingly stared at.

"I'll see you soon." The girl whispered, as the older man dig the other parts that were buried under the collapsed building.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2.1K 46
*Book two of Secretly Super, the Lab Rats story* Lab Rat D, but known as Destiny, finds herself intertwined with a brand new team called the Elite Fo...
15.8K 357 42
"Why do you see me like that? We've just met today, you know?" "Because the moment I saw you, you looked like a Princess to me. Besides I saved you l...
245K 4.1K 36
(POSSIBLY WILL BE REWRITTEN IN THE FUTURE ALONG WITH THE SEQUEL!) Lucy Crystals never had a normal childhood, she was adopted as a baby and two abusi...
16.8K 318 31
(On Hold) From the time she was born Kaylynn had this gift that always baffled her parents. It was something that seemed out of a movie or comic. She...