Lost Soul

By issyh0

"Twin Flames; Two souls that are always meant to be together. Sometimes it takes time, sometimes it takes a p... More

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
Playlist
The Christmas Invasion
New Earth
New Earth
New Earth
Tooth and Claw
Tooth and Claw
Tooth and Claw
School Reunion
School Reunion
School Reunion
The Girl in the Fireplace
Rise of the Cybermen
Age of Steel
Age of Steel
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Idiots Lantern
Idiots Lantern
Idiots Lantern
The Impossible Planet
The Satan Pit
The Satan Pit
The Satan Pit
Fear Her
Fear Her
Fear Her
Army of Ghosts
Army of Ghosts
Army of Ghosts
Doomsday
Doomsday
Doomsday
The Runaway Bride
The Runaway Bride
Restored

Rise of the Cybermen

1K 15 0
By issyh0

"And that weird munchkin lady with the big eyes? Do you remember? The way she looked at you!" The Doctor laughed, pointing at Raelle. "And then she opens her mouth and fire comes out!"

"I thought I was going to get frazzled!" Raelle laughed in response.

"Yeah! One minute she's standing there, and the next minute roar!" Rose added, the three sitting on the captain's chair, reminiscing on past adventures.

"Yeah. where was that, then? What happened?" Mickey asked, trying his best to be involved.

The Doctor looked over to Mickey, genuinely forgetting he was there. "Oh, it was on this er, this er planet thing. Asteroid. It's a long story, you had to be there." He looked at the console, Mickey was stood pressing his finger to it. "Er, what're you doing that for?" He asked, confused.

"Because you told me to."

"When was that?"

"About half an hour ago"

"Er, you can let go now." He told the man, turning to Raelle to give her a sly smile.

Mickey scoffed. "Well, how long's it been since I could've stopped?"

"Ten minutes?" The Doctor thought. "Twenty? Twenty nine?" Raelle and Rose sniggered.

"You just forgot me!" Mickey gasped.

"No, no, no. I was just, I was, I was calibrating. I was just-" He stopped as he tried not to laugh, ducking his head down. When he lifted it up, he had regained composure. "No, I know exactly what I'm doing." At that moment, the time rotor blows up, causing the TARDIS to shake violently, sparks flying everywhere.

"What's happened?!" Raelle shouted, dashing forward to the console to stabiles herself.

"The time vortex is gone. That's impossible. It's just gone." He frowned shocked, looking at the screen. "Brace yourself! We're going to crash!" He shouted, warning the others. They all held on as the TARDIS violently shook before coming to a sudden stop, and gas masks drop from the ceiling. The power is off. The others froze, catching their breath, as they remained holding onto the railing for dear life.

"Everyone all right?" The Doctor asked, standing up. "Elle? Rose? Mickey?" He made his way over to Raelle, helping her up from the railing.

"I'm fine. I'm okay." Mickey replied, helping up Rose. "Sorry. Yeah."

The Doctor looked up to the TARDIS console, utter disbelief on his face. "She's dead. The Tardis is dead."

"You can fix it?" Raelle asked worryingly, placing a hand on the Doctor's back.

"There's nothing to fix. She's perished." He sighed, turning to face her, in shock. "The last Tardis in the universe. Extinct." Raelle frowned.

"We can get help, yeah?" Rose asked, trying her best to help.

"Where from?"

"Well, we've landed. We've got to be somewhere." She offered, making her way over to the TARDIS's doors with Mickey.

"We fell out of the vortex, through the void, into nothingness. We're in some sort of no place. The silent realm. The lost dimension." The Doctor explained. Mickey opens the door.

"Otherwise known as London." He told the others, walking out of the TARDIS. The TARDIS had landed by the embankment by the Thames. "London, England, Earth. Hold on.-" He picks up a discarded newspaper. "First of February this year. Not exactly far flung, is it?" He laughed, looking around at his surroundings.

"So this is London." The Doctor queried, looking around.

"Yep." Mickey smiled proudly.

"Your city."

"That's the one."

"Just as we left it."

"Bang on."

The Doctor pointed to the sky. "And that includes the Zeppelins?"

"What the hell?" Raelle replied, looking at the massive airship that passed overhead.

"That's beautiful." Rose added.

"Okay, so it's London with a big international Zeppelin festival." Mickey offered.

"This is not your world." The Doctor told them. Raelle looked around at their surroundings, a billboard catching her eye. Without anyone noticing, she made her way over slowly.

"But if the date's the same, it's parallel, right?" Mickey asked. "Am I right?" He asked Rose, seeming smug as Rose laughed at the man. "Like a parallel Earth where they've got Zeppelins. Am I right? I'm right, aren't I?" He continued, smiling at the Doctor.

"Must be."

"So, a parallel world where-" Rose started. Mickey interrupted her.

"Oh, come on. You've seen it on films. Like an alternative to our world where everything's the same but a little bit different, like, I don't know, traffic lights are blue, Tony Blair never got elected."

"And he's still alive." Raelle said. The group turned to see Raelle, staring at a billboard which showed an advert for Vitex Lite, cherry flavour, starring Pete Tyler. Their dad. Rose joined her sister, staring at it eyes wide. "A parallel world and our dad's still alive." Raelle continued, in a blank tone.

"Don't look at it, Elle. Don't even think about it. This is not your world." The Doctor told the girl, getting her to turn to face him.

"But he's my dad and-" She touches the advert, triggering a short film.

"Trust me on this." Pete said.

"Well, that's weird. But he's real." Rose stated. Mickey went to hold her hand. "He's a success. He was always planning these daft little schemes. Health food, drinks and stuff. Everyone said they were useless. But he did it." She continued, a sad smile on her face.

"Elle, Rose, if you've ever trusted me, then listen to me now. Stop looking at it. Your father's dead. He died when you were kids. That is not your Pete. That is a Pete. For all we know, he's got his own Jackie, his own Rose, his own Raelle. His own daughters who are someone else, but not you. You can't see him. Not ever." The Doctor told the pair, in a very serious tone. Raelle turned to her sister, pulling her into a hug, a tear slipping out of her eye, as the advert continued in the background.

"Trust me on this. Trust me on this. Trust me on this. Trust me on this."

*:・゚✧*:・゚

The Doctor had left to try and fix the TARDIS, leaving the sisters and Mickey to digest the news. Mickey had stayed to comfort the pair, understanding their pain after loosing his nan. The TARDIS door opens. The Doctor looks up to see Raelle walking over to him, a sadden look on her face. He smiles softly up at her.

"You ok?" He asked the girl, knowing the answer.

"I'll be fine." She smiled softly at the man."

"How's Rose?"

"She's all right." Raelle responded, leaning against the railing as she watched the Doctor work.

"She goes wandering off. Parallel world, it's like a gingerbread house. All those temptations calling out." The Doctor warned the girl.

"Oh, so it's just Rose, then?" She scoffed. The Doctor gave her an apologising look.

"Sorry. I know not to worry about you because you won't do something stupid like running off. If I could just get this thing to- " The Doctor kicks the console. He cries out in pain, holding his foot.

Raelle laughed. "Did that help?"

"Yes."

"Did that hurt?" She asked, knowing the answer.

"Yes. Ow." The Doctor pouted, making Raelle laugh even harder. "We're not meant to be here." The Doctor continued, ignoring the aching sensation in his foot. "The Tardis draws its power from the universe, but it's the wrong universe. It's like diesel in a petrol engine."

"But I've seen it in comics. People go hopping from one alternative world to another. It's easy." Raelle told the Doctor, remembering back to the countless times she had read comics as a child. Without her dad... She frowned.

"Not in the real world. It used to be easy." He explained, shaking his head. "When the Time Lords kept their eye on everything, you could hop between realities, home in time for tea. Then they died, and took it all with them. The walls of reality closed, the worlds were sealed. Everything became that bit less kind."

"Then how did we get here?"

"I don't know. Accident? Should've been impossible. Now we're trapped." He told her, looking at the TARDIS floor. He pointed. "What's that?" A tiny green light appeared.

"What?" Raelle asked, peering down.

"That, there. Is that a reflection?" He asked, picking up the light. "It's a light! Is it? Is that a light? I think that's a light." He exclaimed, laughing. "That's all we need. We've got power! Elle, we've got power! Ha!" The Doctor continued below the main part of the console. "It's alive!" He cried out, happy the TARDIS hadn't died.

"What is it?" Raelle asked, kneeling down beside him to get a better look.

"It's nothing. It's tiny. One of those insignificant little power cells that no one ever bothers about, and it's clinging onto life, with one little ounce of reality tucked away inside." He explained, showing her the light.

"Enough to get us home?"

"Not yet. I need to charge it up."

"We could go outside and lash it up to the National Grid." She joked.

"Wrong sort of energy. It's got to come from our universe."

"But we don't have anything." She frowned.

"There's me." He smiled. He cradles the green light in his hands and blows on it, somesort of energy escaping from his mouth. The light gets brighter. "I just gave away ten years of my life. Worth every second." He gleefully told her. Raelle watched in admiration, smiling at the man.

"It's going out. Is that okay?" She asked.

"It's on a recharging cycle. It'll loop round, power back up and be ready to take us home in, oo, twenty four hours?"

"So that gives us twenty four hours on a parallel world?" She asked, eyebrows raised.

"Oh yes. As long as we keep our heads down. Easy. No problem. Let's go and tell Rose and Mickey." He told her, grabbing her hand as they left the TARDIS. They emerged on the embankment again, the Doctor carrying the power cell with him.

"There you are." He noticed the others, sat on a bench. "You all right?" He asked Rose. She nodded. "No applause. I fixed it. Twenty four hours, then we're flying back to reality." He smiled at them.

Raelle noticed Rose upset face. "What is it?" She asked, coming to sit beside her sister.

"My phone connected. There's this Cybus Network. It finds your phone. It gave me Internet access." She showed her sister.

"Rose, whatever it says, this is the wrong world." The Doctor warned.

"We don't exist." Rose continued, looking her sister in the eye.

"What do you mean?" Raelle asked.

"There's no Rose or Raelle Tyler. We were never born. "There's Pete, our dad, and Jackie. He still married mum but they never had kids." Raelle frowned, grabbing the phone to look.

"Give me that phone." The Doctor told Raelle, holding his hand out for it.

"They're rich. They've got a house and cars, and everything they want." Rose continued, frowning at the Doctor. "But they haven't got us. I've got to see him." She told him. Raelle looked at her sister in shock.

"You can't." The Doctor replied, frowning.

"I just want to see him."

"I can't let you."

"You just said twenty four hours!"

"You can't become their daughter, either of you, that's not the way it works. Elle, tell her."

"Twenty four hours, yeah?" Raelle replied, looking up at the Doctor. His eye widen, frowning, as Raelle stood up holding Rose's hand as they backed away.

"Where're you going?" He asked shocked. He turned to Mickey for help. "Mickey?"

Mickey stood up too. "Well, I can do what I want."

"I've got the address and everything." Rose continued, as the sisters and Mickey both backed off in opposite directions. The Doctor's head whipped either side watching as they tried to leave.

"Stay where you are, all of you. Elle, Rose, come back here! Mickey, come back here right now!" He shouted at them.

"I just want to see him." Raelle told the Doctor, sadly smiling.

"Yeah, I've got things to see and all." Mickey added.

"Like what?" The Doctor asked Mickey.

"Well, you don't know anything about me, do you? It's always about Rae and Rose. I'm just a spare part."

"I'm sorry. I've got to go." Rose told the Doctor, dragging Raelle by the hand with her. Both the Doctor and Mickey watched them go.

"Go on, then." The Doctor turned to face Mickey. "There's no choice, is there? You can only chase after one of us. It's never going to be me, is it?"

The Doctor sighs. "Back here, twenty four hours!" He told Mickey, running after Raelle and Rose.

"Not if I've found something better." Mickey replied, before running off in the opposite direction.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 266 7
The Doctor found his mate, his Bonded, his Chosen, in the form of the best friend of who would become his companion. He found the one who makes him f...
49.9K 1.1K 40
You are the twin sister/brother of captain jack Harkness you haven't heard from him for years and you truly believe he didn't make it that is until y...
68.2K 1.5K 20
Things are different, the Doctor's changed, and Lily hasn't decided if that's a good thing, yet. She fell in love with the Doctor, the ninth Doctor...
13.3K 416 12
DOCTOR WHO | 9 & 10 -"Weirdo!" ------> She was found alone and in pain, scorch marks and burnt wings. He was searching around space and time for any...