Hello, Goodbye..

נכתב על ידי lEsmerayl

There are times, When I feel your presence by my side. There are times, When I hear you say it'll be alrig... עוד

Arc I: Chapter I
Arc I: Chapter II
Arc I: Chapter III
Arc I: Chapter IV
Arc I: Chapter V
Arc I: Chapter VI
Arc I: Chapter VII
Arc I: Chapter VIII
Arc I: Chapter VIIII
Arc I: Chapter X
Arc I: Chapter XI
A/N

Arc I: Chapter XII (End)

19 1 0
נכתב על ידי lEsmerayl

I've never seen Yìchén so mad before.. He seemed like a beast, that was on a leash and then his owner was killed, his leash disappeared.. And, he went berserk..

The emperor was being heavily guarded and the concubines were panicking.. All over the place- Or at least, most of them.

The nobles were scrambling around, trying to desperately flee the scene at hand. Trying to get to safety.. How truly pathetic. Just mere moments ago they were acting all high and mighty.. Now look at them, no different from fleeing ants.

I stopped paying them mind and instead focused my attention on Yìchén.

For he was the only one I truly cared about here, loved. Not that I wanted to see anyone die.. For it was truly a shocking sight.. And I didn't want to see any suffering, but.. He's my priority.

He and his soldiers slaughtered guards after guards, getting wounded, some even dying.. And, Yìchén leading.

I carefully stood up and picked up a bloody sword, which was next to a dead soldier.
I'm only taking this to protect Yìchén, myself and.. Innocent bystanders.

The fights seemed endless, the screaming, shouting.. The smell of blood and Sweat, smoke even.. A fire visible in the distance.

 It was utter chaos.

And the emperor was getting away.. Running for his stupid life. Like a coward.. Abandoning his people..

Sighs

My..

Suddenly, I was in Yìchéns arms.. I could tell his eyes were teary.. I gently kissed the top of his eyelids and smiled at him..

Though it must've been a horrifying sight with all that blood there..

He tightly hugged me and said;

"I'm sorry.. I was late.. I love you, get out of here. Now! I'll take care of this.. You know where we'll meet.. Okay?"

I quickly shook my head, I wanted to shout a him! To tell him he shouldn't apologize! It was my wish to go out.. I wasn't careful either. It's my fault. Not his!

I tried to tell him, but only small non understandable noises came out.. Dammit!

Then he pushed me, signifying for me to run.. And not to look back.

Tears kept spilling from my eyes, I couldn't even see properly, yet.. I ran.

Because I knew, If I stayed.. He'd be not as focused.. He'd.. Get hurt more easily.

Before I ran, I heard him say; 
"Wait for me."

I kept running with sword in hand, seeing many gruesome things.. Dead bodies piling up, innocent bystanders dying.. Children crying..

'I'm sorry! It's all my fault.. If only I wouldn't have returned.. If only..'

I wanted to scream.. To shout, to let out my frustrations and apologize.. But that wasn't possible. Sadly, My words were left unspoken.

At some point.. My subconscious hit me, I just couldn't run away, like that pathetic emperor! I had to make a stand and fight. I had to help him in someway.. Support him..

'Take the head, of the leader!'

I knew it wasn't smart of me.. But I was way passed that. I just wanted this sudden war to end as quickly as possible, so less people would have to suffer and get hurt.. Killed even.

I did not wish for this, so.. I'll try to stop it.

Even if it's but a fruitless effort in the end.. At least, I tried.. Right?

I decisively turned around, running towards the escape route that I used to escape from the palace.. Since I did not know where else he'd be, that was my best bet yet!

So I ran.. And ran.. And ran!

Panting heavily, my stomach aching in a way, while I began to keep blaming myself.

I was the cause! Because I ran away from the palace! Then I decided that staying in the forest was not enough.. And Yìchén was dragged into this due to me!

Just.. Why??

Why do so many people have to suffer.. For my mistakes.. My faults..
Their blood.. Their deaths.. Are on me.

I quickly wiped my tears off my face, trying to put on a brave smile.. A brave facade.

But I was on the verge of breaking.. Every single time I saw what was happening.

Then.. I arrived.. And he really was here! Making his escape!!

I didn't really have a plan.. I just- Aimed the sword, like I was taught by my Yìchén.. And threw it.

Of course that was idiotic of me.. I mean, who throws their only weapon??

I do.

And my aim, didn't fail me. For it pierced right through him! I bet he never saw that coming.. Because he looked in my direction, his face filled with unwillingness, shock and surprise.

He pointed towards me.. While a guard supported him, and before I knew what hit me, an arrow shot from somewhere, right through my chest.. Close to my heart.

'Ah.. If only I could talk to Yìchén once more.. If only.. We had more time. I'm sorry.. Yìchén. I failed you..'

A tear fell down my cheek, onto the ground, before I, as well.. Hit the ground, along with it. My vision fading.. My life flashing before my eyes..

'I won't make it Yìchén.. I didn't follow your advice.. Don't blame yourself.. I'm so sorry.. Please forgive me!'

So many words to say.. Left unspoken. Only for myself to hear. Myself.. To know.

My ears were ringing.. Yet I knew he was here.. Running towards me.. With that tearful face of his. I saw his silhouette.. Before it went all black.. And heard him call my name one last time.
Though it wasn't as sweet as usual.. It was, desperate.

I felt so cold.. So lonely.. Everything hurt..

Then, I felt a sudden warmth.. As if I was being embraced.

'Oh no...'

 I was going to die any moment now.. Yet, it hurt my heart.. For he was crying so desperately, mumbling something.. I just wanted to stroke his cheek.. Tell him everything would be okay.

But.. It wouldn't.

Stay strong..

Goodbye.. Love.

Black.

-------------------------------

One could see a man, soaked in blood, holding a dying woman carefully.. Tenderly.
He was crying, barely able to speak in between his crying.

He told her;

"I love you so goddamn much-! I can't lose you again.. Not when I just found you!
Our life was barely beginning.. Please.."

He sounded so, pleading. Lost even.
Desperate.. Hurt.

Yet.. The woman was long gone, limp in his arms.. Cold. Like a dead corpse.. Soaked in blood.. And shockingly enough, she had lost a child as well, for she was pregnant.. Without her own knowledge.

How he noticed.. I did not know, but it was as if.. He smelled something unpleasant.

"I'm sorry for having failed you.. But,
I'll find you again.. I promise!
J-just.. Wait for me.. Please..."

His voice growing meeker and meeker as he talked..

Then, there was a sudden burst of light, as well as.. A loud cough, with blood on his hands.
His eyes.. Lost a certain sharpness to them.

------------------------------------------------------------------
That, would conclude arc one.

Honestly feel kinda bad..
Also- Sorry that this chapter was so short-

Ask away if you've got questions- I don't know if I described it well enough- also, do tell if you want a Yíchén POV chapter!

I don't know when the next update is, however when there is an update, it'll be the whole second arc!

Thanks for reading!

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

649 27 1
!!TRIGGER WARNING!! This story contains sensitive topics such as abuse and suicide attempts. These topics are not to be joked about or ignored! If yo...
1K 22 44
crappy isekai MC's that don't have progress, so, I call them one-shots, despite having an outline and plot that I don't want to write out. "What up...
20.5K 338 65
You know that your life isn't going to get any better when your parents abandoned you, your younger and your elder sister, you lost your brother in a...
65.5K 674 28
Hong Luo was an abused child who died soaking in the rain for days in her first life. Her second life she became known as the well regarded doctor Mo...