Changes and Chances

By abe6ail__

Yeji and Ryujin met on a dating app. One is only looking for a past time, the other a genuine connection. How... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Unsolicited promotion lol

Chapter 7

817 32 7
By abe6ail__

Chapter 7

Ryujin was already satisfied with the money she was earning out of simple tasks - distributing exams, sending email reminders for quizzes, collecting projects and accomplished paperworks. What she didn't expect was to see a certain cat-eyed girl in class on her 2nd day on the job.

She discreetly checked the previous day's attendance and surely, she was not present. There's no way she would've missed her while she was memorizing the seats and names of the students in the class.

Yeji was wearing something different, too, unlike the usual fit that she wears. The fit looks like a randomly thrown outfit that she completely pulled off.

Ryujin had to double take when she saw her in front of her as she was handing out the exam papers. The other girl looked as surprised, but the earlier was able to casually say that she's the new TA.

She spent the next hour trying not to stare at her as Yeji concentrated on the exam questions. She was so focused on the test, she looked like she was in her own, quiet bubble. When she's taking her time to think about something, she bites the end of her pencil lightly. When it's something she cannot remember, Ryujin assumes, she tilts her head up and closes her eyes while trying to remember. When she was done, she stared at her paper for several seconds with a small smile on her face. It was so cute, Ryujin had to pinch herself to stop the growing grin on her face.

Yeji seemed confident as she walked towards Ryujin to hand her the paper. The latter bowed her head and pretended to check the submitted papers on hand as the other girl walked closer. She looked up and smiled upon reading her name - Hwang Yeji.

It has a nice ring to it, she thought. It's also a very familiar last name, she's sure she heard it before.

She finished the rest of the day with a renewed energy - knowing that she'll see the cat-eyed girl twice a week for the next 3 months.

Later that night, Ryujin received an unexpected message while she's playing her mobile game. She sat up upon seeing Yeji's name on her notification window.

Why do I seem to always run to you in unexpected places? Is this telling me something? Grrskdjslnenawekln

"Huh", Ryuyin smirked as she read the message. "She must've been thinking out loud."

She replied immediately and decided to tease the other girl with multiple messages. There was no way she would've let this accidentally-sent message go.

She spent the next hour staring at the message and imagining how Yeji looked when she realized it was accidentally sent.

Later on, she tucked herself in to sleep and forgot about her game completely.

When the following Thursday came, she drove herself to the university with the car she borrowed from Lia. She purposely entered the classroom a little earlier and stopped by Yeji's desk, pulled out a coaster and placed an iced coffee bottle on top of it.

She's feeling a little lucky today.

She was in the middle of checking the attendance when Yeji came in - looking a little more put together than last Friday. When she noticed the coffee on her table, she immediately looked forward towards Ryujin and met her eyes. Ryujin smiled at her and waved - to which Yeji lowkey ignored.

With a poker face, she took the coffee and drank it. Ryujin had to look down to hide her chuckle.

"I see you're eyeing someone, and I'm supposed to stay out of it. But I'm also supposed to tell you that you shouldn't, because you're my TA. At least for the next 13 weeks."

She didn't notice Jihyo's arrival, and was instantly embarrassed that she was caught.

"And Hwang Yeji?" Jihyo met her eyes before continuing. "She's one of the best in class. But I haven't seen her befriend anyone. Just warning you not to get your hopes up, and all."

The professor then casually walked towards her table and started the class.

Ryujin spent the rest of the class stealing glances at Yeji - she was so focused. Not minding anyone, not even checking her phone or the person sitting right next to her.

When class ended, she caught up to the cat-eyed girl who was busy digging in her purse.

"Yeji!" she called out. The other girl slowed down and looked back to Ryujin's direction as she ran towards her.

Yeji raised her eyebrow, not saying anything.

"I was just wondering where you're headed to?"

Yeji squinted her eyes before speaking. "Home."

"Your classes are done?"

The other girl nodded as she continued to walk.

"Okay, so it's either you don't speak much. Or you just really hate me", Ryujin half-jokingly said as she walked with her.

"What do you need, Ryujin?" Yeji finally halted.

"I was just wondering if you'd like to get coffee with me? My classes are canceled today and I got the rest of the day off, too."

Yeji stared at her for a whole 10 seconds as she tilted her head.

"Haven't we had this conversation before?" She said in a monotone voice that scared Ryujin a little.

"I know, but I'm not asking you out this time."

"Then what's the purpose of this invitation?" Still monotonous.

"I want to learn more about this..." she paused.

Ryujin has rehearsed this over and over again this weekend. After her talk with Lia, she decided that trying casual might actually work for her. She's young and has a lot of time in her hands. She also would like to shake off Yeji out of her system, and this might be the solution to that.

"Learn more about what?" Yeji snapped her out of her thoughts.

"About this casual stuff that you do. The casual thing. With Women." Her voice was trembling but she's glad she let it out.

Yeji looked at her quizzically and laughed a little.

"I'm sorry, what? Am I hearing things? Did you just say you want to learn how casual stuff works? And you want to learn from me?"

Ryujin's eyebrows crossed a little with the belittling tone from the other girl.

"Are we even close enough for you to ask me that? And what makes you think that I'll help you out?"

She started walking again and Ryujin grabbed her bag to stop her.

"Wait."

"Come on. You're the only person I know who does this and still ace her classes, and look decent while at it. You even dance and who knows what other talents you have." This got the cat-eyed girl's attention.

"The truth is - I've never been in a relationship. And I've never met anyone who makes me want one."

Except you, but she didn't say.

"But I also want to experience life, and... things. Without compromising my study and my work. And I could see you doing it."

She paused and looked down. Damn, she didn't think asking Yeji a favor would be this hard, and embarrassing.

"So would you help a girl out?" She looked up and saw Yeji contemplating.

For the first time, Ryujin believed that she might actually have feelings.

Yeji rolled her eyes before agreeing. "Fine, but I don't promise anything. We follow my schedule, and you buy me coffee every time we go out. Now I gotta run and meet someone. Talk to you tomorrow after class."

Ryujin walked back to the car, heart pounding.

"I cannot believe I'm actually doing this."

*

Yeji found Chaeryeong sitting on her couch when she got home. She has a movie on, and she's eating a bowl of popcorn while watching.

She discreetly pulled out her phone and texted Ryujin as she entered her room to put her things down.

No telling other people about this.

When she came out, she gave her best friend an apologetic smile.

"Sorry I missed the premiere", she said as she sat beside her and enveloped her in a big hug.

"It's alright, I recorded it. But it did feel lonely without you here."

Yeji fumbled with the remote to retrieve the recording.

"Got caught up with something? Or should I say... someone?" Chaeryeong gave her a knowing smirk.

Yeji just nodded.

"She must be clingy, then. You usually have your schedule all figured out."

"Only a little. But let's not talk about that. Less talking, more watching. I'm excited!"

Yeji tucked herself beside her best friend.

The truth was, she arrived at Minju's place later than usual because of the hallway conversation with Ryujin. But no one needs to know that. It's not gonna matter in no time, anyway.

Yeji snatched the bowl of popcorn from the other girl and continued watching. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.7K 3.8K 18
Y/n a new student agrees to a strange deal from a random guy on the first day. And ever since then, everything went downhill. YEJI X FEM!READER HIGH...
204K 8.9K 38
โ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™™๐™ž๐™›๐™›๐™š๐™ง๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™จ.โž A typical love story you might say. But what if this 'typical' turned out to have not just o...
57.7K 1.6K 36
(Itzy's Ryujin x FemOC) After nine years of training, you finally debuted with five other girls called Itzy. Even though you girls have a 3-year dati...
194K 7.5K 44
Ryujin is the girl who hates the world for losing her parents while Yeji is the optimistic and bubbly girl. what will happen if they meet each other?