The Lost Son

By sleepy_tablesalt

Based on the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mikey was captured by the kraang when he, his brothers, and S... More

<Author's Notes>
<Intro>
<Chapter 1>
<Chapter 2>
<Chapter 3>
<Chapter 5>
<Chapter 6>
<Chapter 7>
<Chapter 8>
<Chapter 9>
<Chapter 10>
<Chapter 11>
<Chapter 12>
<Chapter 13>
<Chapter 14>
<Chapter 15>
<Chapter 16>
<Chapter 17>
<Chapter 18>
Chapter 19

<Chapter 4>

469 16 0
By sleepy_tablesalt

Pov 3rd Person:

"Now mutant, you are testing the little patience I have, now tell me", Subprime walked up to the turtle stopping inches away from its face, the small turtle looked up at the kraang twitching from the shock, trembling away from the figure hovering towards them, "WHERE DID THAT MUTANT GO, YOU LOWLY DISGUSTING REPTILE!!!". A kraang drone jabbed the mutant in the side electrocuting the small creature, shocking it for what felt like hours, 'when...will..this...end', the electrocution stopped, for only a few mere seconds, "Now...TELL ME". The small mutant looked up at Subprime and then instantly looked down. This response angered the kraang even more, "Tell me you vermin, why do you so desire to tell lies, why are you protecting that thing, mutant", Subprime hissed the last part with such venom, the turtle mumbled in kraang under his breath, "I don't know....", "WHAT DID YOU SAY MUTANT", "I SAID I DON'T KNOW, HE LEFT ME, HE NEVER TOLD ME WHERE HE WENT OR WHY HE LEFT... he just left me...did I do something wrong", a lonely tear fell down its face but shot his face up when he heard the Subprime chuckled, "You know for a mutant that speaks kraang, a very complex and tone specific language that takes eons to master unless you were born kraang, took mere months to understand and speak, and it took less time to understand this planet's dialect, yet you're too stupid to speak it heh, you are such a stupid mutant". Those words left the turtle speechless, Stupid, Turtle wasn't stupid, sure yeah, he didn't like or feel comfortable talking in earth's dialect, but...stupid? Did he not speak it because he didn't understand the language? No, he spoke to Leatherhead in earth's language, but that was like five, six maybe seven words.

The small turtle was left staring at the floor emotionlessly questioning, questioning his mental capacity. "Aww did I hurt the poor little turtle's feelings, heh heh, I'll hurt more than your sad emotions, if you don't tell me where that mutant is going with kraang's power cell, you will get another punishment now, SPEAK MUTANT!". The room fell silent, there were no replies or noises, just heavy breaths from the small turtle, and silent tears falling. "What a pathetic creature, no wonder that man left you behind, you are an error, you mutant".

Pov Turtle:

"No wonder that man left you behind, you are an error, you mutant". Subprime left the room as the kraang drones walked closer, ready to give me another punishment. 'What Subprime knew I had a family, why is this the first time hearing from someone other than my conscience'. Electricity flowed through my body, my leg that was injected early went numb again, and darkness started to cloud my vision, if they kept this up I'm going to pass out, and darkness would soon take over my sight then, my breath came back, I gasped my any air I could get, starving for that lush air, looking up I saw the kraang drones standing waiting for their next order as Subprime stood by the door, "You have twenty-four earth hours until I come back and if you give me the same undesirable answers as you have been giving me, we'll have to up the punishment, don't we mutant'". I watched as Subprime slammed the door shut, which caused the tremors in my leg to become visible, leaving me to my previous empty thoughts. 'Why did no one tell me that I had a family? Did Leatherhead know about my family, if he did why did he never tell me, then leave me behind? Was I not a good brother, did I anger him? Why me, what did I do to deserve this? Why hasn't my family come to rescue me? Why won't anybody answer my questions, am I too stupid to understand the questions I seek answers for?'. Then an idea came to my head, I knew the only person I can talk to in this world's dialect would know the answers to my questions, my conscience.

'Now how do I speak to them' I sat on the floor, wrapping myself in the blanket closing my eyes, and clearing my mind, however, this proved to be an issue, there was one thing that was making it difficult to think, 'Ugh this blankets not helping and neither are you kitty', I placed them a few feet away so that they were near me if I ever needed comfort but far enough to not be in my mind. 'Okay think nothing, think nothing, think peace, calm down Turtle....turtle, Leatherhead named me that when I was a really young infant, heh...dang it I can't get these thoughts out of my head' I started growling, but I felt something wet fall down my face, 'Why am I crying', I touched my face then examining the tears, I felt so many emotions build up inside me, anger, sadness, confusion, and betrayal. I couldn't contain myself, I quickly, yet clumsily stood up, "WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME LEATHERHEAD, YOU LAME EXCUSE OF A BROTHER, YOU SAID YOU'D PROTECT ME, NOT LEAVE ME, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU", catching my breath, " I hate you, Leatherhead, you promised that we would be together through thick and thin, I guess that was a lie....was everything a lie?", Tears overflowing my eyes, I rubbed my eyes trying to get rid of the tears, only for them to be replaced by more, I stopped to let my eyes continue to overflow, I sat there, sobbing, ready to sleep and get away from all this stress, I reached for my blanket, and laid down wanted nothing more than to leave this place, leave the kraang, leave everyone, just wanting to live alone, trusting in only myself, not wanting to be torture anymore, emotionally or mentally.

I kept my eyes shutting wanting nothing more than to disappear, letting out hushed sobs and hiccups, "I don't want to be here anymore", I held myself in an attempt to warm up my cold-bloodedness, "And why would you want to leave so soon, you just arrive". 'That voice, I recognize that voice',

"Conscience is that you?!" I shouted in excitement.

"Well who else would it be silly", The hooded figure walked out of the darkness, smiling even though it was barely visible from the shadow casting over its face. "Now Turtle want brings you here?", I could tell that was a rhetorical question, the figure knew why I was here, for kraang sake he's my mind. "I just didn't want to be in that cell, the memories were too much...", I looked down, then continued, "And I wanted to ask you a few questions if you don't mind...". The figure walked over to me and sat down right next to me, beckoning me to join them, "Now what's your question...", the figure smiled awaiting my question, leaving shocked that this being would stay and listen to my questions,

"Ummmm okay, first let's start with something simple, What's your name?"

This must have taken the figure by surprise, it didn't know what to say, "Well, I'm you so my name's what your name is"

"So your name is Turtle too?"

"I guess", no this will get confusing, us both calling each other turtle.

Do you mind if I gave you a name, I mean calling each other turtle will get confusing super fast if you don't mind", I laughed awkwardly hoping that I didn't offend the being, the figure just heartily chuckled, "Sure why not", I get to name other being awesome, "Really! Okay okay let's see, how about kappa, because their turtle yokais"

"That's perfect", perfect. I did something good for once, I could feel a smile on my face, and I heard Kappa start to chuckle, loving the face I was making from the small compliment, "Oh uh, next question, How old are you?"

"Hmmm, well I'm as old as you, do you know how old you are?" I looked at him confused looking at my hands, 'Wait how old am I, how long have I been here, I know my whole life, but how long is that', looking up at Kappa, I shook my head, "You're 5, Turtle, for your age you're a very smart being", another compliment, I smiled unconsciously wagging my tail from the praise.

"Okay next, Why do you look so hurt?", Kappa was speechless, looking for an understanding yet a not-so-graphic way to explain to a child, "Well like I said before I am your mind's protector, protector of your mind, sanity, and your being. Your life has been full of events, rather traumatizing events that would make any child your age go insane, go crazy, however, I protected you, but those events lead to why I looked like this", I noticed Kappa looking at me, I felt so guilty he was hurt because of me, because of my life, Kappa must have seen my guilt, "Don't feel guilty, it is not your fault you don't control what happens in your life, fate just decided to send you here, a place you don't belong".

The empty void had a thick aura, a depressing one, I had one more question, one that I needed to know, "I have one more Question, Kappa". We made eye contact. The air in this void was thick, a knife could cut through it, "So last time you said I had a family, was that real, are they real, are...are they alive....?". I saw an emotion in Kappa's face that I didn't like seeing in anyone's face, pity. "Yes, young turtle, they are alive. Alive and happy."

'They're actually alive, oh my gosh, I'm so happy', then the last part repeated in my head, 'Alive and HAPPY'.

Happy without me.

Happy while I'm here.

Happy living peacefully, while I have to survive every day.

I felt more sore dry eyes started to water, and my leg started to spasm causing me to collapse onto the floor onto my hands and knees, tears streaming down my face onto the floor, I couldn't see more vision was now blurry from all the tears.

Kappa continued looking at me with so much pity wishing to comfort me but couldn't, not knowing what would be the right thing to do or say. My talking was understandable, jumbled, and stuttered, I began to quietly mumble, barely audible to Kappa, "Would they be ha-happy i-if I was part of their f-f-f-family? Wo-would th-ey be happy to have a new family member, or would they be disgusted, and leave me like my big brother, like......that man. Why-Why haven't they been looking for me? Why did they le-leave me? Why can't I be happy?" I looked up at Kappa, my eyes were swollen, my head dizzy from dehydration, now in a normal tone, "Kappa. Why?". For the first time, I saw what looked like a lone tear, fall down their face, Kappa finally after silence looked at me then said, "That's for you to find out Turtle".

I sat up dazed looking around, dizzy and confused about where I was. I'm in my cell. My cell. I touch my face and felt the crust from the now-dry tears clinging to my face. 'That's it, I need to leave this place'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leo & Raph: 8

Donnie: 7

Mikey: 5 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 354 21
When Raph is kidnapped by the Kraang, the brothers scramble to try and find where he is. But the Kraang have other plans for the turtle in red. Will...
11.7K 287 11
They had just escaped the city by hiding out at April's old farm house. Considering everything they all have lost, everyone is miserable. And Mikey...
266K 5.5K 100
You are a mutant cheetah who escaped from the Kraang prison. You are found by the turtle's and they take you in as one of their own. You train along...