š“š”šž š€š«š«ššš§š šžš¦šžš§š­...

By lov4mil

! On hiatus ! Ao'nung x Reader - Moving with your family was a bigger step than you'd ever imagine. Being att... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7

Chapter 6

9.5K 389 550
By lov4mil

Avoiding Ao'nung was your new hobby. Every time you stated you would go and meet him, you would instead slip into the root filled woods behind the clan's huts. Every time you thought you were going to see him, you would decide to suddenly feel the need to play with Tuk or ride your ilu- maybe even go see Ronal and ask for an extra lesson. She always indulged this. And every time you did see him, catching that small glimpse of his aqua eyes, you would act like you didn't. You saw the want in his eyes to speak to you.

You wouldn't hand his peace of mind over for free.

You were happy to now be able to spend more time with your siblings. Though your lessons with Ronal had become two hour lessons to thoroughly get the understanding in your head since you were free of dealing with that annoying Ao'nung. You still hadn't been able to speak to Neteyam directly, noticing his actions becoming even more distant the more time you were all in the clan.

You also began to notice how time was passing. It had been around three weeks you were able to avoid Ao'nung, and three weeks closer you were to having to mate with him. The date wasn't exactly confirmed, but you knew with time it would be soon. The more Ronal grew to like you the more you found you were growing to like her as well. She was surprisingly kind and thoughtful, showing genuine interest in you. Being around her wasn't half bad and you were aware she felt the same. She smiled when she saw you and you with her vice versa. This meant she would want you to mate with her son even sooner though.

You smiled as you walked closer to your sister, Kiri on her stomach and focusing on something in the water. You slowly got down next to her, dipping your head under the clearness as well with no questions. She turned her head to you slightly before she nodded at the small hole in the sand. You smiled to her happiness, knowing how in love she was becoming with the sea. Even small things like creatures under the sand creating bubbles brought her contentment.

You pressed your shoulder slightly against hers, Kiri having a teeth filled smile towards you. You fluttered your eyes when you came to notice shadows covering up the sand, both you and your sister lifting your heads to see who was there.

An immediate frown grew to your lips as you blinked away the water from your eyes, Ao'nung and his goons standing in front of you and your sister. You sat up quickly, taking her hand as you stood.

"Huh?" Kiri blinked, "what'd you say?"

"Are you two some kind of... freaks?" He smirked, you shaking your head. Kiri stood up next to you.

"He asked if you are a freak?" Another repeated, you taking a step back. Kiri huffed, head shaking as the two of you began to walk away towards the sand bar.

"No." She stated, eyes down.

"Just go away." You spoke, keeping your eyes on Ao'nung as he trailed the both of you. You pulled your younger sister closer to you, feeling protective over her well being.

"Are you sure? Both of you are not real Na'vi." He then reached at your sisters hand, you reaching over and slapping it out of his own. He then grabbed your wrist, showing his friends your 'demon' hand.

"Don't touch me-"

"I mean look at them." He laughed, the boys around also laughing with him. He pulled your hand closer, taking a closer look. You pulled your hand away and pushed him roughly at his chest, a seething hiss escaping your teeth. Ao'nung's brows furrowed, his chest raising as he tried to overpower you with his size.

"Hey!" your attention was suddenly stolen by Lo'ak's voice, your brother walking up quickly.

"Back off fish lips." Ao'nung laughed at his words, taking a step back as he directed his aggression towards your younger brother.

"Oh, another four fingered freak." He laughed, hands raised. Rotxo then pulled your brother's tail, Lo'ak turning to swipe at him. The four boys then began to crowd him

"Little baby tail!"

"Leave us alone!"

"Just go away, we were minding our buisness!" You yelled, Ao'nung looking towards you. He then reached quickly, pulling at your thin tail. You hit your fist at his chest, he laugh escaping his lips.

You widened your eyes when suddenly Ao'nung was pushed away from you, Neteyam blocking you from the boy's view. There was silence at this, your eyes flashing between your twin brother and Ao'nung.

"You heard what she said." He started, then lifted his finger up against Ao'nung's chest, "Leave them alone."

"Ah, big brother come and-" Ao'nung pressed his hand against his friend's chest, stopping him from his continuing harassment.

Ao'nung then raised his hands in surrender, taking a step back before his eyes moved to yours.

"You must be trying to get in all the protection for your sister now," he started, eyes moving to his friends then back to Neteyam, "Since she will be mine soon." He smirked, your twin taking a breath before a quick step forward.

You reached your hand out and gripped Neteyam's forearm, shaking your head.

"It is not worth it Neteyam." You spoke, eyes moving to the aqua blue toned boy.

"He's not worth it."

Neteyam took a moment, a serious look on his face as he looked back to Ao'nung.

"Back off. Now." He hissed, a small smirk still on the Metkayinan boy's lips.

"It's your choice. And for now on, I need you to respect my sisters." He stated, the boy next to Ao'nung hissing.

"Let's go."

You smiled to yourself, eyes still boring into Ao'nung's. You raised your four fingered hand, flipping off the boy before you began to walk next to your sister. Neteyam followed behind.

"Bye bye!" One of the boys cooed, your ears peaking up to the noise.

You turned your head to Lo'ak, his feet stopping after hearing the comment from the boy.

"Lo'ak.." you breathed out, him shaking his head.

"I got this, sis." He stated, turning around towards the boys.

"I know this hand is funny. Look, I'm a freak. Alien." He started, wiggling his pinky. Ao'nung wore an unimpressed face, eyes moving between your younger brother's face and his hand.

"But it can do something really cool. Watch." Lo'ak then began to ball his hand into a fist, eyes looking up to Ao'nung. You knew exactly where this was going.

"First I roll it up real tight like this, okay, then-"

"Lo'ak!" You yelled, his fist making direct contact with Ao'nung's nose. He punched three times, your eyes widening as the boy fell to the sand.

"It's called a punch, bitch!" He yelled, "Don't ever touch my sisters again."

Hisses came from all of the boys, Ao'nung leaping forward and taking your younger brother down. You looked to Neteyam, your eyes rolling as he suddenly jumped into the fight as well.

You stood there for a bit and watched, foot tapping anxiously as they began to punch and pull on each other.

"My tail!"

"My ears- ah!"

A groan escaped your lips, you quickly throwing yourself into the fight as well. You grabbed one of the boy's who was pulling Lo'ak's tail by his hair, throwing him down to the ground. You quickly got on top of him, pressing your knees against his palms as you punched at his face. Eventually one of his hands slipped out, swiping up quickly as he punched you on your lip. A yelp escaped your mouth before a hiss, the boy now having you on your back. You kicked up quickly, feet throwing him off of your torso. You laughed before your queue was suddenly tugged, a painful scream escaping your mouth. You reached up and pulled at the hand, lifting yourself up and bit harshly down on his arm.

"Ah! She bit me!" He yelled, you dropping back into the water.

The fight was messy, and incredibly unorganized. It ended with you walking towards Kiri, head down as she murmured 'Skxawng..' at you. Your lip was busted but at least you had a few good hits in. You pushed Lo'ak by the back of his head, annoyed that he made you and Neteyam have to dive into the fight.

Your eyes stayed on Ao'nung and his on yours, your vision being pulled away when Neteyam tugged on your arm. The four of you began to walk, you sticking your tongue out to your sore to feel. It hurt but it would heal. You let out a slow breath, crossing your arms. Of course Ao'nung would want to start problems with you and your siblings. He was always trying to cause issues and look like the tough guy. You've never met someone before that you sincerely wanted to teach a lesson. Sadly you couldn't get any hits in, yet at the same time— you were worried if he was okay. His face looked battered, the punch was right on his nose..

"You shouldn't have fought. Now you're bleeding." Neteyam spoke, your eyes moving up to your brother.

"You're telling me I shouldn't have fought when my Skxawng brother was being dragged by his tail?" You scoffed.

"Yes. You should have stood with Kiri, then you wouldn't have gotten hurt." He spoke, roughness in his tone.

"I'm fine Neteyam. You can't protect me all the time." You stated, Neteyam making an irritated look as he turned his head the other way. You lifted your brow to this, confused why he was acting this way.

"What is it? What did I-"

"You didn't do anything. I just.. I can't believe you have to mate that asshole. He doesn't deserve you.. You should be mated on your own time." He sighed, you shrugging.

"I don't know about that.." you mumbled, his eyes turning down to you.

"Look- I would have been arranged probably anyways. From day one I would have been Tsahìk, it's just.. I'm not sure I ever had a choice really." You mumbled. You had began to ponder this recently with the arrangement with Ao'nung. If you stayed in the Omaticaya clan you would have been mated to another member in the tribe who proved themselves worthy. You didn't have to love someone to mate them when it came to arrangement.

"I'm sorry.." he spoke, lips thinning. Luckily Kiri and Lo'ak were further ahead and not hearing the convo, them taking the hint when there was silence.

"It is okay, Neteyam.. I'm just happy you're talking to me now."

"What do you mean?" He asked, you shrugging.

"You had been avoiding me," he opened his mouth to speak but you stopped him by raising your hand, "and it is okay, Neteyam.. I won't lie and say I didn't need you, because I did. But.. I just want us to be like it was before. When you talked to me." You laughed weakly, your twin nodding to you.

"I'm sorry. I was just.. Upset I couldn't do anything. I can't protect you from that snumìna Ao'nung.. I still can't believe you have to spend time with that guy and he still treats you this way." He tched and shook his head, you taking a breath.

"We haven't exactly.. been meeting?" You spoke, rubbing the back of your neck. Neteyam furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Well- He said some things and.. I just haven't spoke with him. Ronal likes me though, so when we mate I will be able to have someone on that side I enjoy. As well as Tsireya, she is kind. She's close to Lo'ak right?" You asked, Neteyam nodding.

"Yeah, you could say that." He smirked, a smile growing on your lips.

"He really likes her, doesn't he?" You asked, Neteyam widening his eyes playfully.

"Obviously." He laughed, a small laugh falling from your lips as well.

You were glad to have Neteyam's support. You had missed his laugh, his protective sature that stood over you like a hawk. Even if you were older than him, by ten minuets, he had always seen himself as the leader of your siblings that needed to shield you all. It was nice having someone like that though, especially if it's Neteyam.

The reason why Ao'nung would have came up to bully you and your sister confused you. You knew he was trying to come back into your life but this was a strange way to do it. Maybe he did that with his friends to get back at you for ignoring him? You weren't sure, yet you were becoming aware that the reason he started a fight was because of you. It wasn't fair for him to act this way. Sensitive boy.

You huffed as you walked into your home, lips pierced as you crossed your arms. Your dad walked close behind you, hand on your shoulder. He stood you next to your brothers, your head down. You hated being lectured by him.

"What's the one thing I asked? The one thing?"

"Stay out of trouble.."

"Stay out of trouble."

"Stay out of trouble-"

"Stay out of trouble, right." Your father spoke, Neteyam taking a step forward.

"It was my fault." He stated, Jake shaking his head.

"I don't think so, you got to stop taking the heat for this knuckle head." He seethed, turning his eyes towards Lo'ak. You placed your hand against your younger brothers arm, him staring up to your dad.

"Look dad, Ao'nung was picking on (Y/n) and Kiri. Called them freaks." He stated, your fathers eyes widening.

"Ao'nung?" He repeated, a breath escaping his throat as he looked to you.

"Has he acted like this before?" He asked you, your head raising. You shrugged as you nodded, a sigh escaping his lips.

"He can be nice as much as he can be mean. He may be acting this way because.." you explained, eyes looking back down fo the ground. "Because I haven't been meeting with him.. I've been avoiding him for weeks.." Jake let out another upset breath, shaking his head.

"You two go- Lo'ak" He said, Neteyam quickly leaving the hut with a 'yes sir'. Lo'ak waited.

"Apologize to Ao'nung. Make this right- he's the chiefs son." Your father stated, your younger brother nodding his head with a small 'yes sir'.

Your father pressed his hand against your shoulder, prompting you to look up to him. He crouched down in front of you, concern in his brows.

"Why haven't you been meeting him Princess? Because he's been mean?" He questioned, you nodding.

"Yea, I guess.. I would have talked to him sooner but.. I know he wanted to talk to me so I've been holding it off longer. I think that's why he came up to me and Kiri. He was mad at me.." you explained, eyes beginning to tear up. He reached his hand up, cupping your cheek as he wiped a tear away.

"I-I caused a fight.." you mumbled, your father pulling you into his chest.

"It's not your fault, Princess.. don't worry about it okay? He shouldn't have came up to you like that, even if you have been avoiding him." He spoke, you nodding your head as you sniffled against your dad's shoulder. You then pulled back, Jake looking you in your eyes.

"You'll have to meet with him soon though.. Ronal has really been talking up the muntxa si to be sooner than we thought. She's wrapped around your finger you know.." he spoke, a small laugh escaping your lips. You nodded, wiping your eyes.

"Alright?" He asked, you nodding your head with a thin lipped smile.

"Alright."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 18 16
The story is different from the sully family, things have changed for everyone six years later. Aonung has taken over as chief olo'eyktan of the Metk...
4K 76 7
He glanced away for a moment and clenched his jaw. When he looked back at you, you could see the frustration burning in his face. "I just-" he paused...
1.4K 30 11
no na'vi could ever fathom such a love-struck tale. especially one between two who seemed to have such hatred towards each other; it would seem sense...
12.4K 228 51
Social media and written AU with the characters of the movie Avatar: The Way of Water in college. Built around love, old relationships, and friendshi...