MANAN: Short Stories (Very sl...

By writer_mkk

These are small clips of Manan falling in love, showing love everything in between. From fights to love from... More

1

613 85 8
By writer_mkk

It was a normal day at school when Nandani was sitting with her friends on the ground talking. Everyone at this point in life had an idea that Nandani, an 8th grader was in love with Manik Malhotra, the hot 10th grader on whom many girls died.

Nandani was in love with that idiot for almost 2 years now and they know each other for at least 5 years. Nandani even confessed her love but got heartbroken when there was no response from the other side. Even then Nandani didn't leave the hope that one day the same feelings will be reciprocated from the other side.

Thinking about it, Nandani was lost in the thought even though she was sitting with people and to pull her out of it one of her friends told her,

Friend 1: Oo Miss dreamer your Price charming has arrived.

Nandani looked at the way her friend was pointing at her and gave a small friend when she saw Manik coming with his bag. It was the last period of the day and some classes were there for their physical education class. Nandani saw Manik looking around while having an active conversation with his friends. He saw her but ignored her as if he could see through her. Nandani pouted seeing this and got indulged in whatever conversation her friends were having. Although she was talking, her mind was on Manik who walked past her group and kept his bag on the ground with his friends doing the same and ran off to play football with the boys from Nandani's class.

The boys looked around for Nandani and hooted which she and Manik both ignored and continued doing what they were doing. Nandani looked at him play with everyone, the way he was running around, the way he passed the ball to someone else, the way he shouted when someone did a mistake. The girl was almost drooling looking at him.

While staring at Manik and talking God knows what came into her she quietly got up earning some protests from her friends who she shushed and went towards a lot of bags where Manik's was kept. She looked around making sure no one is seeing her except her friends and opened Manik's bag and took out one of his registers and book. She closed the bag and kept everything as it was and took the two books and came back to her friends and kept them in her bag.

Her friends looked at her in disbelief to which she said,

Nandani: What it is the first time I am doing this!

Friend 2: And what are you going to do about it?

Nandani: I have no idea.

She said looking back at her bag and making her friends laugh. She grinned at them and then looked back at Manik who was still playing.

Once the period was over and it was time to go home, Nandani and Manik who go by the same bus sat diagonal to each other. Nandani somehow wanted to see his register, his writing, his last pages where all the secrets open, (at least for girls) but she knew if she opened them now and Manik saw them she was screwed. She somehow stopped the ich in her hands to open her bag and check them and sat there quietly stealing some glances at him who was still breathing hard because of the game.

The bus finally moved and they reached home. As soon as Nandani entered her room she jumped on the bed and went straight to open the books. She looked through them and realized that she got a bio register and his math book. She was looking through it when something caught her eye in his math book. It was as if her name was scribbled and then erased. She thought that she was reading too much between the lines and left it and opened the last pages of the register where her name was scribbled many times with his surname falling.

Nandani Malhotra

She got shy and thought about something for a moment before finally having the courage to do it. She took her phone clicked a few snaps of the pages and send them to Manik with a message: umm, can you explain this?

On the other hand, Manik went home and changed his clothes to casual after taking a shower when he heard his phone beep. He frowned not expecting a message and took his phone and smiled lightly seeing the name. He opened the message and his eyes bulged out of his sockets seeing the pages. He ran quickly to his bag and went to find the register where he wrote and soon realized he didn't have them. He looked back at the phone and read her message.

He thought for another moment and replied,

Manik: You have my notebook?

Nandani: Well, you are not in a position to question me, Mr. Malhotra?

: First, answer me!

Manik: I want my notebooks back!

: NOW!

Nandani: Okay! Meet me in the G block park at 10!

Manik looked at it and then nodded. He straight away went out of the house saying he need to get some books and after a 4-min walk he reached there.

On the other hand, Nandani regretted sending the pictures and then after taking a few snaps she quickly changed her clothes took the books and went on her cycle saying she has some work. After reaching there she saw Manik already waiting for her. She muttered under her breath,

Nandani: Today I am the feast of the devil.

She parked her cycle and went inside. Manik saw her from his peripheral view and turned to look at her. Nandani shuddered at his gaze and stood in front of him. Manik didn't say anything and just stretched his hands for his notebooks still looking at her. Nandani saw this and cleared her throat and stood straight and looked at him.

Nandani: You don't have anything to say about them?

Manik: I don't want to say!

Nandani: why? It is my name!

Manik: you are not the only Nandani in my life.

Hurt flashed across her eyes and she just gave him his notebooks and went from there. Manik sighed looking at her but didn't stop her. Nandani was hurt knowing that he was in love with a Nandani who was not her. She ignored him from then on but even though she was not looking at him she had all idea where he was and what he was doing.

Time passed and Manik passed out of school. Nandani cried a lot that day and her friends made her understand that she should not follow him from now on and that he is not worth all this. Nandani took some time and understood her worth and thereon she never turned and looked back at him.

13 years later,

Nandani was sitting in her apartment study room. She still lived in the same society but bought her apartment than living with her parents. Now a teacher in a well-known school, Nandani was correcting papers, when a notification disturbed her. She usually puts her phone on silent while doing such tasks but forgot today due to a time crunch. She sighed and looked at her phone and her eyes were left widened in confusion.

Unknown number: meet me in G block park in 10!

The message looked familiar to her but she couldn't keep a finger on the memory. She ignored the message but the curious cat couldn't hold back her curiosity. She took her jacket and phone and went to the park after locking her apartment.

Entering the park, she saw an unknown man's back facing her. She looked around to see some people there and she sighed in relief. She looked back at the person but instead of calling him aloud she reached for her phone and replied to the message,

Nandani: who are you?

The unknown man's phone chimed as she sent the message as he turned around. Nandani took a gasp recognizing him instantly. It was none other than Manik Malhotra her school crush and the person she tries hard to forget every day.

Nandani looked around as if searching for someone else making Manik call her out,

Manik: I texted you!

Nandani: Why?

Manik: because I have something to say!

Suddenly their last conversation in the same park came rushing back to her as a memory.

Nandani: I don't want to listen.

She turned around to leave when Manik said,

Manik: My mom's name is Nyonika.

Nandani looked back at him confused.

Manik: But my grandparents- maternal grandparents used to call her Nandani as a nickname. And I love her very much.

Nandani: why are you giving me an explanation I asked for 13 years later?

Manik: because she is not the only Nandani I have loved for my entire life.

Nandani looked at him dumbfounded.

Manik: I Love You too.

Nandani: I don't care.

Manik: Okay then why are you always looking up at my house whenever you pass by? Why memorize my car and bike' number plates? Why pass a smile to mom or dad or any other person from my family? Give me a reason.

Nandani: I don't have an explanation for you. You don't get to walk out without one and expect me to do the latter.

She walked out of the park and went back to her apartment. She sat down in a corner looking back at 13 years of tears and yearning that she had for Manik. Should she go back to the person who she spends years crying for? Or should leave him and his memories that were buried deep in her heart and move on with his life?

She was soon startled by a doorbell. She quickly cleaned her tears and opened the door to see Manik standing there. She looked at him carefully when he asked,

Manik: why are you crying?

Nandani: because your presence makes me cry!
Manik: And what about my absence?

Nandani: It makes me cry harder!

Manik: I am sorry!

Nandan: N I cried for you for years! Yearsss!! It is not a small time and you can't come up and say sorry for everything.

Manik: But I can explain all that!

Nandani: Okay then give me an explanation!

Manik: I thought that at the time you had was nothing but just a crush which will fade over time but then that day when you took my books, I knew it was not just that. I had liked you the same way for a long time but then I thought if we get into a relationship then our focus on our studies and academics will waver and I didn't want that for you or me! So, I lied. And now that now it is nothing like that, I am all yours! Please Nandani understands.

Nandani got angrier and closed the door in his face It took Manik more than a month to convince and Nandani eventually melted. Leaving all the years, yearning and waiting. They were finally united.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

416K 25K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
61.3K 1.2K 46
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A PR relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando Nor...
213K 7.5K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
570K 8.7K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...