Skinny Dipping At Dusk

By PeytonNovak

When seventeen year old Mia is sent by her mother to go work at an all-boys summer camp, she can’t help but w... More

Summer Camp?
Early Riser
Camp Fire?
A Cold Night..
Locked In...
Frozen Patties
The Ropes Course
A Well Needed Rescue
Twenty Three Is Still Too Old...
The Party Place
Slender Man
Risky Business
Mixed Emotion's And Treasure Hunting
Nathan
Not Sexy?
The Hot Spot.
I Guess I'm Just A Child..
Oh No He Didn't
And You Knew?
One Direction Towel
One Less Man...
Landon's POV
An Unexpected Surprise
A Disaster Double Date.
Disappointment
The Ex
A Present From Landon?
This Is NOT A Date
Just Friends
An Accidental Kiss
Gone.
House Visit
Stay?
Mistake?
Not Okay
The "L" Word
Don't Push Me Away
The End Of Summer Camp.
Epilogue

Breaking And Entering

90.3K 2.5K 301
By PeytonNovak

Hey everyone, I know you hate my cliffhangers but it’s what I do best;) Anyway, I’m glad you are all coming around to like Landon. Enjoy this chapter, vote and comment please!

Gone.

Four letters was all it took to make my stomach turn over about a million times. Feeling rather numb, I headed back to my cabin unable to process even what was going on. Landon didn’t even say goodbye to me, he just left. Did he leave because I kissed Derek? No, Landon wouldn’t let that sort of a thing ruin him. He would probably just find a girl and kiss her in front of me.

Then why had he left without saying goodbye?

It stung knowing that he didn’t have anything to say to me when I had so much to say to him. I mean, I never really felt like this with any other guy besides Cole, and we all know how that turned out. Landon was defiantly worth the risk though.

God how could I let him just slip through my fingers like that? He showed up on my doorstep with an amazing birthday present and then I go and kiss another guy? Shaking my head, I turned back around and walked back up towards the main building. I had to make this right, there was no way Landon would get away.

Opening the red room door, I retraced my steps back towards Julie’s office and knocked twice before coming in. She was right where I left her, sitting in her desk looking over things.

“Back so soon? You left looking awfully sick?” she asked looking up from her things and smiling.

I bit my bottom lip thinking about how I would ask her for all of Landon’s information. “Well yeah I do have a question. Do you by chance have Landon’s address?”

Julie looked at me suspiciously before reaching into her desk and pulling out a folder with Landon’s name on it. She must have just been looking over his stuff because he just left.  “Well of course I do,” she said placing the folder down on her desk.

A little feeling of hope filled my body and I greedily reached down to snatch up my file. Just when my hands were about the grasp the paper, Julie tugged it away. “Why would you want Landon’s address?”

Frowning, I pulled my hand back and sighed. “Well I needed to talk to him and I was thinking that I could just drive by later today and see how he is.”

It was the truth, I did need to talk to Landon but it wasn’t work appropriate. I didn’t care though; Landon needed to know how I felt about him. It almost hurt knowing that he could just slip through my fingers so easily.

“Mia I don’t think that is very appropriate, just to drop by his house? Did you think about calling or texting him?” she asked slipping the file back into her desk drawer and leaning back into her chair.

I practically lunged over the desk just to get my hands on the folder but I somehow restrained myself. God why did Julie have to be so annoying? “Well I did call him, and text, but he never answered.”

I had called him before I even went searching, but when it went to voicemail right away I knew he was ignoring me. Who could blame him though?

Julie nodded. “Well then obviously he doesn’t want to talk to you, or see you.”

Her words stung but she was right. “But-“

“No buts Mia, that it confidential information and I can’t just go handing it out to people. Anyway, if there’s anything going on between you and Landon it would be unprofessional and not to mention against the law.”

Ouch, another sting. Frowning, I turned around and left her office without saying goodbye. Just because I was younger than her didn’t mean she could treat me like a little kid. I knew she wouldn’t dare talk to Owen like that, but he was hard to reason with sometimes.

Feeling a cloud of defeat hanging over my head as I walked back to my cabin, I tried to think of some way out of this. How could I get to Landon? He wouldn't answer my calls or listen to my voicemails. Maybe someone here knew where he lived, but it was doubtful.

“Hey did you ever find him?”

At the sound of Gavin’s voice I turned around and shook my head. “He’s gone.”

Gavin slung his arm over my shoulder and laughed. “What do you mean he’s gone?”

“I mean he’s gone,” I stated grumpily pulling back and crossing my arms over my chest.

I needed some time alone with my friend the tree…

“As in he left camp?”

I nodded my head as we neared my cabin steps. How could this get any worse?

 “Do you know why he left?” Gavin asked truly concerned.

Sighing, I shrugged my shoulders. Julie had said it was family problems, but maybe that’s what her told her. What if I was the real reason? No, I couldn’t be. Landon wouldn’t let this sort of thing get to him.

“Not for sure, but he had some good reasons.”

This made Gavin chuckle. “You think he left because of you? Mia, that kid has got serious issues with his mother and father. He’s gone from school nearly a month every year because of issues with them. I don’t think Landon would leave because he saw you kiss Derek.”

Looking up and him, I smiled appreciatively. “You think?”

“I know so. Trust me. I know Landon is a jerk but I also know he wouldn’t leave in a hurry without saying goodbye if it weren’t for some reason.”

 I nodded my head, deciding to believe him for the time being. Maybe he was even right.

“Well it doesn’t make sense, he won’t answer my phone calls. Maybe he really doesn’t want to see me,” I said releasing a huge breath of air.

As humiliating as it was to admit out loud, nothing was looking up for me and Landon. Not that we were a thing, I just thought that he had wanted to be more than friends with me. Maybe I was crazy, I mean we did fight like every day at the beginning of summer.

“Maybe he lost his phone?” Gavin stated in more of a question than an answer to my problems.

Rolling my eyes I sat down on my cabin steps and waited for Gavin to join me. Slowly he lowered himself down onto the wooden stairs and leaned back. A silence fell over us as I looked out and watched the lake water ripple onto shore.

“Do you happen to know where Landon lives?” I asked, knowing already was the answer would be.

Gavin chuckled. “What do you think?”

Frowning, I averted my gaze away from the calm blue water and towards the rec room. All of Landon’s information was in there just waiting for me but I couldn’t get to it. Or could I?

“Hey Gavin?”

“Yeah?”

“When you said you just wanted me to be happy, you meant it right?” I questioned a sly smile making its way to my face.

The boy next to me raised an eyebrow. “Yeah, of course.”

“So you’re willing to help me be happy?”

He sighed. “What do you want?”

**

My flashlight beamed through the night as Gavin and I headed towards the main rec room. The sun had gone down hours ago and every minute I waited until midnight. For some reason Julie always closed up the rec room at eleven and I knew she would already be asleep by now.

“Mia are you sure this is a good idea?” Gavin asked as we got closer and closer to the main building.

I could tell he was nervous, but for some reason my nerves had clamed about an hour ago after I realized how much I needed Landon’s information. And anyway, if I got caught the worst thing that would happen would be me getting fired, and that would be better than never knowing what me and Landon could have been.

“What are you scared?” I teased him even though I was myself.

Gavin snorted. “Course not; I just thought you looked a little nervous that’s all.”

I laughed at his pathetic lie and shook my head. Boys and their egos. Finally, we were at the entrance to the rec room. Smiling, I reached up for the handle to the door. Like I assumed, it was locked.

“Come on lets go around back,” I whisper hissed pointing my flash light in the direction of the side of the building.

We crept along the side of the building until we reached the window that lead to Julie’s office. I peeked inside to find her room dark and empty of her. Not that I expected her to be sitting in her office at midnight taking late night phone calls.

“Okay, so once I’m in I want you to keep an eye out for anything weird. If you see or hear anything call out to me,” I told Gavin reaching up and praying that the window was unlocked.

A smile formed on my face as the window slid upright easily. Gavin gave me a quick boost and I put one leg into the little room. Once my foot hit the ground, it threw my other leg over the ledge and slipped inside the office. When I was finally in, I held my breath as if an alarm could go off any minute.

Thankfully, everything was quiet and I immediately headed for the desk. The right rawer was still slightly open from when Julie pulled out Landon’s record and I pulled it out further. About fifty files sat in an upright position, each with a name written in bolded letters on the tab. Following alphabetical order I found Landon’s and pulled it out.

Slightly hesitating, I opened it up and shined my flashlight on the paper. Trying not to be too nosey, I read through his weight, height, birthday and other things until I found the word “address”. Smiling, I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and quickly snapped a picture.

Suddenly Gavin called out my name and I froze in place. He didn’t seem too worried but everything in my body screamed hide. Trying to be as quite as possible, I shoved the folder back in the file cabinet and headed towards the window. The sound of Julie’s office door unlocking only made me go faster. I practically threw myself out the window and closed it back just in time to see light flood through the glass.

“Get down!” I ordered Gavin and we both dropped to the ground.

That was close Mia, too close.

Boring chapter I know, but they all can’t be exciting! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 730 62
Mia, valedictorian since Year 6, but guarded by her fears of failing, who is attracted to Oliver, must help her overcome her demons of the past. Why...
8K 106 23
All the campers are fifteen now and it's time to go back to camp Campbell for the summer! But things don't start off with such a swing. Secrets are k...
26.9K 292 33
17 year old Hailey and her best friend Sam have won a chance to spend the day with One Direction in Toronto. After spending the day with the boys Hai...
163K 3.6K 24
Isabelle Mason is just your normal teenage girl who wants to have the summer to herself, instead her mother sends her off to a summer camp that she t...