My Hero Academia: Nihilium [M...

By HolySol

In a world where about 80% of the world's population is born with some kind of special trait, a Quirk, in thi... More

Beginnings
The Entrance Exams part 1
The Entrance Exams part 2
Lure
The First Steps
Clarification (Not a real chapter)
Into the Void
The Dagger Wielding Vampire
Cruelties Within
Divide, Conquer, Rebuild
On The Move

Street Justice and Street Punishments

48 3 0
By HolySol

3rd Person POV

Today was the day. Ryukin readied himself and made his way to the streets. He laid low by trying to blend in with the passerby's. After a while he saw a man enter a jewelry store and followed. He peaked inside to see the man threaten the clerk and readied himself. Ryukin's heart raced as he stumbled When confronted by the unsuspecting thief, panic set in.

The thief, startled by Ryukin's sudden appearance, squinted in the dim light.

Thief: Who the hell are you, kid?

Ryukin stayed silent, he could feel the sweat beginning to fall down his neck.

Thief: You're in way over your head, brat. Better scram before you regret it.

Ryukin shot back with a gritty grin, masking his nerves.

Ryukin: Im not here to play games. Step away and I'll let you go.

The thief, pulled a knife out and lunged at Ryukin. Quick reflexes allowed Ryukin to evade some blows, but he wasn't unscathed. A couple of slashes left him wounded, gritting his teeth in pain.Fuelled by adrenaline, Ryukin retaliated with fierce determination. Their struggle intensified, but in the end, he emerged victorious. He could feel his heart race as he ran out of the store leaving the man unconscious.

The next day, Ryukin met with Iida, Uraraka and Midoriya.

Midoriya: Hey, Ryukin! You got some bruises there.

Ryukin, evading the question, chuckled
Ryukin: Just a little roughhousing. You know how it is.

Midoriya, still curious but not pressing, nodded.

Midoriya:Fair enough. Just be careful out there.

Iida: You're really dedicated to your training, Ryukin.

Uraraka: Totally! So, what's everyone up to today? Got any exciting plans?

Midoriya: The UA Sports Festival is coming up soon!

Iida: Indeed! It's a great opportunity to showcase our abilities and possibly catch the attention of pro heroes!

Uraraka: I'm looking forward to it! It's always so intense and thrilling.

Ryukin listened in silence, internalizing his unspoken desire to be a part of it.

Midoriya: So, Ryukin, what are your thoughts on the Sports Festival?

Ryukin snapped back to reality, offering a supportive smile.

Ryukin: I think it's a big deal. Good chance for you all to shine.

Iida: Is everything okay, Ryukin? You seem a bit off.

Ryukin quickly deflected
Ryukin: Nah, just zoning out. Good luck to you all. I'll be rooting for you.

They all continued walking until Ryukin stopped.
Ryukin: Uh, got an urgent thing, guys. Gotta run.

Midoriya looked puzzled
Midoriya: What happened?

Ryukin: Got a last-minute thing to handle. I'll catch up with you all later.

Ryukin made a hasty exit and As Ryukin left, Iida exchanged a puzzled glance with Uraraka.

Iida: Has Ryukin been acting strange lately?

Uraraka: Yeah, something feels off. Do you know anything, Midoriya?

Midoriya furrowed his brows,
Midoriya: No, I noticed it too, but he hasn't said anything. Maybe something's bothering him.

Iida: Midoriya, are you sure don't you have any idea what's going on with Ryukin?

Midoriya hesitated
Midoriya: We've been friends since childhood, but he's been keeping things to himself lately. I wish I knew what's bothering him, but he hasn't opened up.

With Ryukin
Ryukin entered an empty restaurant. In the dimly lit space, two imposing figures emerged from the shadows – Rappa and Hekiji.

Rappa cracked his knuckles.
Rappa: Well, well, look who decided to join the party.

Ryukin on high alert responded
Ryukin: What's all this about?

A man stepped forward.
???: Name's Hari Kurono. The master has taken quite an interest in you, Ryukin.

Ryukin: What's he want with me?

Kurono leaned against a table, smirking.
Kurono: Overhaul's got plans, and he thinks you could be an asset. Join us, and you'll have the backing of the Hassaikai.

Ryukin: Let me ask you this, how do you know my name?

Kurono: We've got our ways of finding information. The boss is thorough. He sees potential in you, Ryukin.

He continues
Kurono: Ryukin, with us, you'll have resources, protection, and opportunities you'd never dream of.

Ryukin shook his head: My father wouldn't want me mixed up in this. I'd never do anything like that.

Kurono had a sly grin and chuckled: Ah, your old man. We know more about him than you might think. He had his own dealings with the Hassaikai back in the day. Small world, huh?

Ryukin's eyes flashed with anger: My father would never get involved with the likes of you! He was a better man than any of you!

Hari Kurono, smirking and chuckling, responded: You think you know everything about your old man? Trust me, there's more to the story than you realize. But hey, keep defending his honor if it helps you sleep at night.

As Ryukin turned to leave, Kurono couldn't resist a parting shot.
Kurono: You'll learn the truth eventually, Ryukin. Whether you like it or not.

Rappa, eager to follow Ryukin, took a step forward, but Hari Kurono held him back with a stern look.

Kurono: Hold on, Rappa. I owe it to the master to let things play out. Trust me, this won't be the end of it.

Timeskip Nighttime
Later that night, Ryukin left to continue his vigilante work. Ryukin ventured into the night until he made his way to a parking lot. Ran came down hard as Ryukin made his way to the gang.

Thug: Who the hell do you think you are, interrupting our business?

Ryukin, stayed silent and engaged in the brutal brawl. As the rain intensified, the brutality of the confrontation escalated. Some thugs, battered and broken. While in the brawl, it appeared some of the guys began to run away. Ryukin looked around only to notice a giant standing meters above him. It was pro hero Mt Lady. Along side her was Eraserhead and Midnight. Eraserhead, unimpressed by the untrained vigilante.

Eraserhead's stern gaze met Ryukin's.
Eraserhead: Kid, playing hero won't cut it. You need training, or you'll end up in a hospital bed.

Ryukin, defiant, retorted: I ain't asking for your approval. I'm just cleaning up this mess you heroes can't handle.

Mt Lady, towering over him, sighed: You're a hot-headed kid, but there's potential. Learn to channel that anger into something useful, not just street brawls.

Midnight warned: Your intentions might be good, but the path you're on could lead to disaster. Think about it, kid, before you become another casualty.

Eraserhead leveled a stern warning at Ryukin.
Eraserhead: You're treading on thin ice. Vigilantism is against the law.

Ryukin: Vigilantism with a quirk is illegal. Nowhere does it say a quirkless person can't step up. You heroes just can't stand it. You're looking down on me, just like they did to my old man.

Eraserhead, with a cold stare, remarked: Your old man was just a low-life crook.

Ryukin, seething, shot back: You don't know anything! My old man was a small-town hero, he helped people."

Eraserhead scoffed: Small-town hero? Sounds like a cover-up for a crook.

Ryukin, fists clenched, retorted: You heroes only see what you want. He protected people. What have you done?

As the argument peaked, Ryukin and Eraserhead locked eyes, faces inches apart. Aizawa, with a final stern gaze
Eraserhead: You're living in a fantasy, kid. Your dad was no hero.

The heroes turned away and left Ryukin on his own. Frustrated, he returned to his shelter. Before he could open the door, it suddenly explodes. The force of the blast sends Ryukin flying back. As the shack explodes, leaving Ryukin disoriented, an ominous figure walks behind him. His shadow being illuminated by the flames. The figure approaches the dazed Ryukin with an ominous tone.

???: You should've accepted my offer to join the yakuza, Ryukin. This is the price of resisting the inevitable.

As Ryukin looks up, the figure looms over him. The figure, with a gloved hand over Ryukin's nose and mouth, continues speaking

???: I tried to extend a hand, Ryukin. I offered you a place, no, a chance to be part of something greater. But you chose to resist, and now, the consequences unfold.

The last things he hears sends a chill down his spine. The words filled with ominous intent.

???: You're going to be on a tight leash from now on.

Ryukin, overwhelmed and weakened, succumbs to the darkness, passing out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.9K 2.2K 20
Izuku Midoriya. He have always wanted to be a hero, but he haven't got a quirk. However that didn't stop him from trying. His confidence in being a h...
24.2K 996 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...
637K 15.2K 79
80% of the world is born with quirks but not izuku. He's one of the lucky 20% that has no powers. He lives his life hoping to be a hero but once his...
255K 8.2K 38
~Completed~ ghast·ly ˈɡas(t)lē/Submit adjective 1. causing great horror or fear; frightful or macabre. - You are one of the League of Villain's top v...