Lost and found

By mutterstories

Olivia has a boring life, she's rich, pretty, and a private school girl. Carl is more complicated and has an... More

chapter 1- Liv: Married?
chapter 2- Carl: Frank Gallagher In fucking love
chapter 3- Liv: I don't want no Valentine, I want Valentino
chapter 4- Carl: Who the hell is that?
chapter 5- Liv: We did what?!
Chapter 6-Carl: About last night
chapter 7- Casey: Lonley loves company
chapter 8- Liv: Visions and lost memories
Chapter 10- Liv: My Birthday

Chapter 9 - Carl: I swear to god

76 3 3
By mutterstories

N/a: Hey readers! I hope you are still reading this. I just wanted to lyk I had a little break but I hope you're still ready and eager to read more about Liv and Carl's journey. If you need a little summary: Carl and Liv just spent the night together (but they can't remember anything). And Debbie just came to pick Carl up from a night at Casey's. Carl just found out that Liv/Olivia is his soon-to-be stepsister! 

Carl Gallaghers POV

Okay, a quick disclaimer. I didn't know that Olivia is my soon-to-be step-sister. I mean how the fuck am I supposed to know? I can't remember shit from last night.

"That was low of you Carl," Debbie mutters, still walking in front of me in this unknown neighborhood.

"Debs I swear to god I didn't know!" Defending myself catching up to her quick pace. As a pregnant woman, she can walk fast.

"You don't believe in god," she says stopping in her tracks.

Debbies wearing the dress from last night. But has a sweater on top. Probably Caseys because the logo off-white is visible. So she spent the night at Caseys, interesting.

"Ok I swear on YOUR life I can't remember anything!" Telling her the truth.

"Well I do, would you like me to explain what I remember?" Debbie counters, the wind blowing in her auburn hair.

Spring is almost here. Each day is getting warmer. Do you know what that means for me? Getting girls at pool parties. My favorite time of year.

"Basically you and my step-sister hit it off hard! But don't worry I wasn't jealous or anything. You guys kept drinking and drinking. You even got Casey hardcore drunk. Way to go! Then I had to take Casey home before she started throwing up on you guys. So we went our separate ways. That's it." Debs blurts out without hesitation.

Making a slight 'Oh' shape with my mouth to let her know I heard everything clearly. So things didn't get too crazy from what I heard. Gallaghers always party hard. It's in our blood. Picking up the pace I lead Debbie to the subway station a few blocks from here.

"Aren't you gonna call Fiona? Telling her about what you've done," Debbie demands reaching for my shoulder to turn me around.

"For what? Telling her I kissed my step-sister? Nah I'm good," Shaking off her hand to approach the subway.

All I want to do right now is go home to our shitty house and take a fucking shower. Is that so hard to do? Debbie can suck a dick, I'm not in the mood for scolding.

"That is exactly why you should, she's the eldest she will know what to do!" Debbie's voice trailing from behind me. She's not gonna give up until she gets her way.

"Debbie you're not my mom, and Fiona isn't either. I can do what I want!" I groan, steps getting quicker.

"Your right OUR mom left us when we were babies. But who takes care of us? Fiona! She is our fucking legal guardian. So she has the right to know Carl!" Debbie pleads practically begging me to call her.

"Why do you care so much? You're in a fight with Fiona, remember, Fiona doesn't even want you in the house!"

"She's our sister Deb. I love her guts deep down," I reveal, hesitant to open up. I stop when I see the bus station sigh. Ah, one more step until I can rinse off the memories of last night. The goddamn best fucking memories.

"Aw does that mean you love me?" Debbie cheers as she stops behind me, and sits down on the stool offered at the bus stop. The walls of the little shelter are glass, making the warm weather warmer here.

"Don't push it, Debs... What the fuck am I supposed to say to Fiona," I groan as I remember the vivid fight we had.

"Just be like, I love you I'm sorry for all the illegal activity of last year! I've changed and I'll prove it to you by going to church every Sunday," Debbie hums like she's practiced this over and over in her head. She wipes a few strands of her auburn hair out of her face. Her makeup looks to be mostly off, just a few more wipes under her eyes then she's natural. I've grown up with two sisters, I know how makeup and removal works.

"Church? That's the best thing you can think of??" I laugh as I imagine the image of me confessing all my sins. The church guy would be there for hours listening about all the unholy things I've done.

"Either that or you find a real job," Debbie shrugs as she stands up just as the bus arrives.

"Why don't I just work at the Alibi, Kev and V would lowe me," I suggest as I pull out a few coins from my back pocket. Helping Debbie up the stairs of the bus she responds, "Carl you can't work at a bar when your underaged,".

"But Kev and V are Fiona's best friends and our neighbors. They've known me my entire life, they can't do this one small thing for me? Like it's free beer common," Explaining to my sister as I pay for myself and her. I truly have changed, usually, I'd just hop on the bus without paying.

"Carl it's illegal, do you really want Kev and V arrested? Just like you were," Debbie tells me as she reaches my nerve. I hate talking about going to Juvie. It was at the lowest point in my depression. I haven't confessed to anyone about my mental health, the Gallaghers think it's fake and just a scam for people to feel bad for them. I use to believe that too until I hit puberty.

Depression is like not feeling alive. You're living but not there, in the present. I tried everything to feel alive, joining gangs, selling drugs, doing drugs, and getting girlfriends, but nothing worked. In my time in Juvie, I realized that this was the wrong pathway to get help. I didn't want to end up like the guys in jail, stuck there for life. I wanted to help and change the world, and make my mark.

So, when I got out of jail. I have secretly been going to see my school's guidance counselor. To help me be in the present and make the proper decisions. Old Carl died, this new Carl is here to stay.

"What if I work at the church?" I suggest unexpected what just came out of my mouth.

"Great idea Carl! I'll call United Church when we get home," Debbie claps as a big grin wipes across her face. She likes helping people, one of her best traits.

"Wait!" I tell her, unsure of what I just myself into. Would I regret this later? Yes.

"No takebacks-"

"Debbie I swear to god," I say starting to get pissed off at this forced leadership.

"Carl. This is going to be good for you, and Fiona can't stay mad at you!" Debbie smiles and she grips my knee in support. The hand that was on my knee, then touches her stomach, reaching for her baby buried in there.

I pull out a pair of wired headphones from my pants pocket, then plug it into my phone. Ready to blur out the bus ride home.

*play 'Jump Around' by House of Pain*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX95vAckI1M

As the familiar beat plays, I close my eyes to relax to the rap. A rush of feelings goes through me as I remember the moments from last night:

"Common get up and jump," Liv instructs me as her blonde hair flies everywhere as moves her body up and down. I shake my head back and forth, and Liv's reaction is to pull my hands up which makes my body move upward toward the dance floor. Where a bunch of boomers is dancing on the floor.

"This is an old person song," I state towards Liv and she tries to move my body for me.

"No, it's from the 90's dumbass," She laughs as raises her hands above herself flipping her hair upwards. She's mesmerizing to watch, something you'd see straight out of a strip club, but in a classy way.

"That was a long time ago," I grunt but beneath the frown is a slight smile. This girl just knows how to turn me on.

"If you don't jump with me on the chorus, I'm leaving you with these old people," she snickers as she grabs my hands and slides them over her waist. Being the kinda guy I am, I slide them down over her ass. She rolls her eyes in reaction but is too drunk to care otherwise. So am I.

Liv slides her arms around my shoulders so we're connected as one. Our eyes lock, and I'm focused on her deep layered eyes. They're so unique. I can't tell if one is blue and brown, or if they're both brown.

"Checking me out?" Liv giggles noticing that we've been staring at each other for a few moments now.

"I could say the same about you," I tell her not breaking the strong eye contact. All of a sudden Liv starts dropping when the artist yells 'jump'. At the last possible second, I jump up and down with her, not wanting her to leave me.

We go wild, screaming and crying the lyrics while the adults watch us like we're in the zoo. This just makes us shout and scream ever louder. In these moments I lose myself, not caring about my track record, my health, or what test I have for school on Monday. I'm in a pure euphoric stage. We stop and begin panting as I wipe the sweat off of my forehead. I hope my hair looks good and is not greasy with sweat.

The chorus ends and she leans into me and whispers, "Let's do something fun,".

I feel a smile break onto my face, "I know just the place!".

My eyes fly open and I'm back in reality on the bus. I'm not a big daydreamer when I'm sober so that was weird how I zoned out for a minute or two.

"Hey, Debbie?" I ask as I touch her shoulder. She's jamming out as the other earbud is in her ear.

"Yes?" She responds clearly pissed I interrupted her jam sesh

"What does it mean when I daydream about someone and can't stop thinking about them?"

"It means you really like them.".  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...