Love? Nah || HP Various x Rea...

By ChaosFromTheFrog

Y/n had always scoffed at the thought of love, she'd always put her studies and future careers first. That is... More

Introduction
Author's Notes
Prologue {One}
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Important!!!

Prologue {Two}

534 11 1
By ChaosFromTheFrog

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n's POV

   So here I was, reading one of my books. Just when I got to the good part, my mother called my name. "Y/n! Come down please." I closed my book before replying. "Coming mum!"

I actually kind of forgot about the fact that I was going to Diagon Alley today. I was supposed to go in the afternoon a long while ago, but something came up and so my parents couldn't take me. The first place I'm going to will definitely be Ollivander's. I'll finally be getting a wand!

Quickly getting a scrap piece of paper, I put it in my book as a temporary bookmark before heading downstairs. "Is dad coming?" I asked. My mother shook her head no. I kind of figured, he has so much work as a part of the ministry. "Okay, let's go." I smiled.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

   We soon reached Diagon Alley, it was so much more cooler than I expected. Though I didn't really have that high of an expectation. The shops here have probably been here for a while. The first thing I had to do was get my robes. My mother had to send some letters so I was on my own. Thankfully she didn't forget to give me some money for the uniform.

Upon entering Madam Malkin's Robes for all Occasions, my eyes landed on a familiar face. "Larrissa? Is that you?" I asked. Her face lit up as she saw me and I smiled back. "I didn't know you got a letter, you never sent me mail about it!" Larrissa was my best friend, our parents were close during their years at Hogwarts. So naturally we'd become friends one way or another.

"Hey Y/n, how are you these days? Sorry I couldn't send any letters, I've been pretty busy." She apologized. "I'm here to get fitted, what about you?"

"Pretty good. I'm picking up my cloak robes since my parents pre-ordered them. Hopefully they fit well or I'll have to get fitted too." I replied before walking up to the counter. "Hello? Madam Malkin?"

The shop owner soon appeared with a smile. "Hello darling, here to pick up your cloak and robes, correct?"

I smiled back at her. "Yes, Rosewood." I replied. Madam Malkin was very kind, but I wasn't surprised. She soon came back with my robes. I thanked her and handed her the amount for the robes. Before departing, I gave Larrissa a hug.

I saw my mother waiting for me outside the shop. "Mum! Could we go to Ollivander's now?" I asked her. Getting my own wand is something I've wanted for so so long and mother knew that.

"Of course sweetie. Will you be able to go alone? I need to get some stuff from Gringott's." My mother replied.

"Of course!" I told her confidently, but I murmured something under my breath. "That is if I don't get lost around here."

My mother left again. So now I'm on my own. Surprisingly, I navigated the place pretty well and I soon found myself standing in front of the famous Ollivander's. As I walked in, I saw a raven haired boy that was just about to leave. I nodded at him in greeting before walking past him.

"Mr Ollivander, I'm here to get a wand." I tell the elderly looking man. "Erm, from where should I start?"

"The wand chooses its owner." Ollivander replied before taking put a wand and handing it to me to try out. "Cedar with dragon heartstring, try that out."

I took the wand and waved it around, suddenly random sparks started flying everywhere.

He quickly took away the wand and replaced it with a new one in my hands. "Perhaps try this, alder with unicorn hair." This time it barely touched my hands before Ollivander snatched it up.

This went on for a long time, sometimes it will barely touch my hands before he took it away and sometimes the wand would throw objects around. One wand knocked over a whole stack of books.

Finally after many trials and errors, a wand was placed into my hands. I instantly felt a connection to it. I gave it a good swish before looking back at Ollivander.

"Hmm... Interesting, very interesting. The wand that chose you was poplar wood with phoenix feather. Very rare combination." Ollivander said. I was pretty surprised at that. I guess I'm special now? I thanked him and payed for the wand before walking out.

I had to stand outside for a good few minutes before I saw my mother walking towards me holding ice cream. "Mum! You got me ice cream?" I squeal excitedly. Ice cream never gets old, don't argue with me.

"Which type of wand did you get?" My mother asked me before handing me the ice cream. I just handed the box containing my wand to her to let her see for herself. "Poplar with phoenix feather?" She asked and I nodded.

"Doesn't dad have a poplar wood wand? Dragon heartstring right?" I asked my mother before taking around lick of the ice cream. Neopolitan ice cream, the best of three words. Mother nodded before looking at the time.

The rest of the afternoon was basically just me running fron shop to shop buying things while my mother chased me around. I also got a turkish angora cat. I named her Marshmallow, such a fluffy cat! I'll probably just call her Mallow for short though.

I was pretty exhausted by the end of the day, so tired that almost I fell asleep immediately after showering and brushing my teeth. My new cat jumped onto the bed and curled up. I slowly got onto the bed as well, and moments later we were both sound asleep.

A/N - The full wand description is poplar with phoenix feather slightly yielding 10 1/2 in.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

   I heard my parents calling my name from downstairs. I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I got up from bed and looked at the date. Oh, it's September first. Wait, it's September first! I looked at my alarm clock, 8:59 am. I turned my alarm clock off, it was going to ring at nine anyways.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. Marshmallow followed me and jumped onto the counter. I laughed before putting the toothpaste on my toothbrush. After I finished brushing my teeth, I washed my face.

Heading back to my room, I hummed a melody to myself. I opened the door, then Marshmallow climbed into her cage and curled up. I smiled and put on a hoodie along with some leggings. Gotta be comfortable.

I headed downstairs for breakfast, dragging along my suitcase and Marshmallow's cage. I should really practice waking up earlier. I swear I'll definitely oversleep at Hogwarts and miss all the morning classes.

"Morning mum, morning dad." I greeted my parents. Breakfast was laid out on the table. My mother was typing on her laptop while my dad read the news.

"Morning sweetheart. Your mum and I will drive you to King's Cross, we can't go in but I'm sure you'll meet Arthur and Molly Weasley along with their children." My father told me.

I just nodded. My father knew Mr Weasley from work, but I didn't know anything about them. The only characteristic I knew of them were that the family were all redheads.

I finished my breakfast quickly, better be safe than sorry with the time. It was 9:50 am now. My father put the dirty dishes in the sink and wiped the table. After father finished, we all went to the car. The weather was pretty warm on this day, it wasn't too windy either. My mother, father, and I got into the car. My father started up the car and off we went to King's Cross Station.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

   Once we got to the station my mother turned to me. "Remember, platform nine and three quarters." I nodded and waved bye to them as I walked in.

I immediately spotted a family of redheads in the distance. Not wasting any seconds, I walked over to them. "Hello, Mrs. Weasley right? My father is Alexander Rosewood." I told her nervously.

The woman that I assumed was Molly Weasley turned to me. "Hello sweetie, going to Hogwarts as well I presume? This is also Ron and Harry's first time." She gave me a warm smile and nodded towards the youngest red headed boy. The raven haired boy I saw at Ollivander's some time ago was also there, don't really know who he was but he looked confused. I smiled at him before looking back at Mrs Weasley.

I nodded happily. "Yep, I'm really excited." I replied with a cheerful grin. "I assume platform nine and three quarters is right through the wall?" I asked. I already kind of knew of course. My parents had told me prior on the way from the house. I guess it's an easy way to not let muggles board the Hogwarts Express.

"Yes, now who'd like to go first?" Mrs Weasley asked. I said that I'd go first. It's not that scary is it? Anyways I feel like my parents would've definitely told me if it was.

I took a breath and pulled along my stuff as I walked into the wall. I opened my eyes to see the platform buzzing with people. The first person I looked for was Larrissa, Mr and Mrs Smith were probably beside her. I haven't seen her family in a while.

My eyes darted around the platform looking for the light haired girl. Finally my eyes landed on her and I went over. Quietly, I tiptoed over to scare her. "BOO!" I exclaimed before laughing. Larrissa turned to face me and for a second I thought that I got the wrong person.

"Hey Y/n! I swear I get so used to tour tactics by now that I don't even jump anymore." Larrissa laughed. I grinned at her happily.

"I know how much you miss me Lari, don't try to hide it from me." I say dramatically. "As you should anyways.  Aren't you excited though? I wanna be in Gryffindor! They sound so cool."

"You'd be in Ravenclaw bestie, you are definitely one of the smartest people I know of!" Larrissa replied. I was flattered that she thought I was smart, I guess I am kind of smarter than the average person but not by much.

"Aw thanks, you'd be a Ravenclaw though. You are much smarter than I am." I laughed while speaking. I was speaking the truth, Larrissa carried most of our projects in the muggle public school.

Just then, we heard the sound of a train in the distance. I was super nervous, but excitement overpowered it. The Hogwarts Express soon stopped and we boarded the train.

I took along my luggage since I kept everything in there and it wasn't very large so I could probably fit it beside me in the compartment.

Me and Larrissa chatted for a while before we decided to change into our school uniforms. I went into an empty restroom ─ because I obviously wouldn't enter an occupied one, like what ─ and changed into the robes. I fastened my name tag onto the robes and headed out.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I was speaking happily with Larrissa when the train stopped at Hogsmeade Station. I looked at the castle in awe. I've only heard descriptions of it from my parents and they didn't do this place any justice with the description.

We all clambered onto boats and a giant looking man took the lead. I guessed that he might be staff at Hogwarts.

We arrived at the castle and I continued marveling at the beauty. We waited outside what I assumed was the great hall before finally being let in. This blonde guy, Malfoy, was being so annoying outside I swear I was so fed up with it.

There was some speaking and eventually people started getting called to the sorting hat. While people were being sorted I just stared at the ceiling in amazement. I knew that it was enchanted but it was still very cool to look at.

"Rosewood, Y/n!"

I heard my name being called and I slowly made my way up. I was so scared and I don't even know why. The sorting was so nerve-wracking to me in my perspective.

"Hm, as brave as a Gryffindor but pretty closed off." The sorting hat said.

My mind was raging at that hat, I swear why did he expose my introverted side like that. I mean I do flux but right now I feel like such an introvert.

"Loyal and kind, perfect for a Hufflepuff. Oh what is that, creative and intelligent? Must be a Ravenclaw!" The sorting hat said.

A/N - I love how we were creative and intelligent and the sorting hat was just like: say no more, must be a Ravenclaw-

I sighed with relief. I went and sat at the Ravenclaw table as I watched Larrissa's sorting. Unsurprisingly, she was also a Ravenclaw. I knew it!

Larrissa sat beside me and immediately started getting to know every Ravenclaw in existence. How very extroverted of her. I'm sometimes jealous of how outgoing she is, but sometimes people just suck. The rest of the evening was just eating and talking to others.

Eventually everyone retired to the dorms. I fell asleep the moment my head hit the pillow. Sweet and happy dreams. It was better sleep than I had for a while.

A/N - Wow, so many words. Didn't made Y/n an all sorter because being overpowered is weird. She's definitely not really a Hufflepuff anymore in current time now though. Anyways, can't start on chapter two until I get Prisoner of Azkaban from the library. Since chapter two is a classes chapter. Anyways y'all better be prepared for the wait cause it's gonna be a while before I finished the new few chapters! Stay safe and hydrated <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 8.9K 82
The years leading up to the second wizarding war, from the perspective of someone who must choose what is truly important to her. Disclaimer: I do no...
133 11 10
Harry x y/n story love isn't how it always seems y/n will go on crazy adventures but who she will end up in the end?? - J.K. Rowling owns all the H...
6.4K 200 43
Y/N and Oliver were best friends. They had known each other their whole lives. Not to mention they were neighbors. But going to Hogwarts changed e...
8.1K 74 12
Imagines of the one and only Draco Malfoy I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE HARRY POTTER CHARACTERS IN THIS BOOK, THEY ARE ALL OWNED BY J.K. ROWLING.