MATCHMAKER || K.TH ♕

By gyu-core

☪︎ a kim taehyung fanfiction * *     ⊹ ˚ . . ┊ ┊ ⊹ · ✧  ❝ Welcome to Matchmaker. ... More

⤿ MATCHMAKER !
⤿ characters' aesthetic !
⤿ prologue !
⤿ 00 | trial dates !
⤿ 01 | dimple king !
⤿ 02 | tigger & eeyore !
⤿ 03 | my hope !
⤿ 04 | poisonous !
⤿ 05 | my friend took my phone !
⤿ 06 | zygote !
⤿ 07 | mr mathematician !
⤿ 08 | wild goose chase !
⤿ 09 | taetties !
⤿ 10 | pineapples on pizza !
⤿ 11 | rookie trio !
⤿ 12 | the gang's back !
⤿ 13 | late !
⤿ 14 | a cliche coincidence !
⤿ 15 | detention !
⤿ 16 | night market !
⤿ 17 | mood swings !
⤿ 18 | stars on the ceiling !
⤿ 19 | miss sports scholarship !
⤿ 20 | pop's patbingsu !
⤿ 21 | a planned meetup !
⤿ 22 | ice cream cart !
⤿ 23 | railway track !
⤿ 24 | pictures !
⤿ 25 | in deep shit !
⤿ 26 | that's child labour !
⤿ 27 | butterflies !
⤿ 28 | the pickup !
⤿ 29 | reunion !
⤿ 30 | rooftop chaos !
⤿ 31 | jack's mall !
⤿ 32 | the four groups !
⤿ 33 | bowling alley !
⤿ 34 | truth or dare !
⤿ 35 | you're his sister !
⤿ 36 | emo hours !
⤿ 37 | the last time !
⤿ 38 | a strange behaviour !
⤿ 39 | rude & bruised !
⤿ 40 | a missing friend !
⤿ 41 | blood, sweat, and tears !
⤿ 42 | i hate hospitals !
⤿ 43 | your hair looks like cotton candy
⤿ 44 | spring day !
⤿ 46 | alcohol swab !
⤿ 46 | the return of jeon!
⤿ 47 | what is love !
⤿ 48 | a familiar visit !
⤿ 49 | son of a bitch !
⤿ 50 | an unpleasant surprise !
⤿ 51 | jake and the neverland pirates !
⤿ 52 | a crushing mess !
⤿ 53 | cut the cameras !
⤿ 54 | a failed confession !
⤿ 55 | cheese ramyeon alert !
⤿ 56 | shake it like it's your birthday !
⤿ 57 | blonde j-hee !
⤿ 58 | arrowhearts !
⤿ 59 | your eyes tell !
⤿ 60 | poker !
⤿ 61 | the aces' play !
⤿ 62 | open your heart !
⤿ 63 | salmon struggle is real !
⤿ 64 | ghostbusters !
⤿ 65 | supporting character to you !
⤿ 66 | the sun & the moon !
⤿ 67 | the next stage !
⤿ 68 | bandage a broken heart !
⤿ 69 | pop's patbingsu 2.0 !
⤿ 𝟕𝟎 | babysitting & promises !
⤿ 71 | fell down...again !
⤿ 73 | the trio's comeback !
⤿ 74 | post-it déjà vu !
⤿ 75 | stars around my scars !
⤿ 76 | a pretty party !
⤿ 77 | striking midnight !
⤿ 78 | like a firefly !
⤿ 79 | love & war !
⤿ 80 | moon belonging with the star !
⤿ epilogue | matchmade in heaven
⤿ acknowledgements, q&a, & fun facts !
⤿ hk special: 'cause you were never mine !

⤿ 72 | a turquoise occurrence !

1K 117 557
By gyu-core

🗒 LXXII : a turquoise occurrence ‧₊˚

» [ strawberry moon - iu ] «

3:00 ———〇— 3:40
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

-

"ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᶜᵉ ˡᶠᵉᵗⁱᵐᵉ
ᵒᶠ ˡᵘᶜᵏ.
ᵐʸ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗᵇᵉᵃᵗ ʳᵉˢᵒᵃᵗᵉˢ
ᵗʰʳᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵐʸ ᵇᵒᵈʸ.
ᵒʰ, ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵍˡᵃᵈˡʸ ᵇᵉ
ˡᵒˢᵗ ᵗʰᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ,
ˡʸ ᶜᵃᵇᵉ ˡᵒˢᵗ ʷⁱᵗʰ ʸᵒᵘ."

┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊ ˚❀ ⋆。˚❃
┊         ┊       ┊   ✿
┊         ┊       ❁⋆
┊ ๑      ┊
✾ ⋆       ┊. ˚.
˚✽

{ no one's pov }

i guess what they say is true, whatever you least expect always happens. expect the unexpected, they say.

because the last thing jinhee would've expected was for someone to slam the door open while she was having a check up at a clinic and that someone happened to be kim taehyung.

'taehyung?'
his name rolled out of her mouth before she could catch her tongue, as taehyung's eyes shifted from her to her elbow which the doctor's hand was on.

and then he noticed the small scab on her elbow, and the doctor seemed to be in the midst of plastering it up. the doctor looked at the two back and forth as he frowned in disapproval.

'okay, what is the meaning of this—'

'what's she doing?'
taehyung's low voice interrupted the doctor's protests, as he posed the question to the doctor, his poker expression returning in no time.

jinhee's eyebrows furrowed. what was he doing?

'who even are you, young lad? bursting into a clinic like this without even knocking.'
the doctor chided, not answering taehyung's question as his eyes shifted back to jinhee's elbow and scanned the entire situation.

'she just got a minor scratch on her elbow, and i'm trying to dress her wounds, so do you mind?'
the doctor explained quickly, before gesturing to the door and glaring at the black-haired room.

taehyung was confused, his eyebrows arched with his lips pursed as he turned to haeun who was standing behind with a knowing smile on her face.

they made eye contact, before haeun winked at taehyung. and being someone who could catch what was going on really quickly, that's when he immediately knew.

his tongue poked his cheek, realising he had been utterly fooled and set up. his eyes shifted back to jinhee who was still looking back at him with the most confused expression on her face, before he stomped away.

haeun's satisfied expression turned into a shocked and panicked one as she watched taehyung walk away. she hadn't think this far into the plan. jimin also realised what was happening as he bursted out laughing while watching taehyung walk away in embarrassment, flashing a thumbs up to haeun.

haeun's eyes widened as they flickered back and forth between taehyung's back that was growing smaller as he walked away and jinhee who was in the room. that's when she briskly stomped into jinhee's room to pull her off her seat.

'YAH YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?'

'are you serious? kang jinhee? YOU NEED TO CHASE AFTER YOUR MAN!'
jinhee threw haeun a look, as the doctor tried to calm her down because he was still trying to plaster up her wound and she wouldn't stop shaking jinhee.

'why the fuck should i—'

'YAH!'
haeun lashed out finally, as jinhee stopped struggling and stayed still with widened yet confused eyes, the doctor also took his hand away from jinhee as he gave up dealing with the mess.

haeun sighed as she pinched her nose bridge. 'jimin called just now and he happened to be with taehyung, i may or may not have told them you fell and hit your fractured elbow and landed yourself in a hospital.' haeun then smiled sheepishly, as jinhee's jaw hung wide open the moment those words left haeun's mouth.

'YOU WHAT?!'
without warning, jinhee stood up causing the chair to fall over as her hand unintentionally slammed the table, causing the poor doctor to flinch.

haeun nervously laughed as she scratched the back of her neck, her eyes shifting to the very concerned-looking doctor. 'she's done right? so you don't mind if she leaves because you know she has some urgent love business to tend to—'

'YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD!'
that was what haeun heard last before she felt a pair of hands grab her collar.

•┈┈┈••✦♥✦••┈┈┈•

the clinic jinhee had visited was a branch that was part of the hospital she and jungkook had landed themselves in at two different times previously. hence jinhee found herself in the hospital that was located just beside the clinic she was in, and then she found herself stepping outdoors to a grass patch area, it was still within the hospital though.

she could feel the cold wind hit her the moment she stepped out, feeling like solid as it slipped past her face. and when she scanned the outdoor area, her eyes spotted the swings. this place looked familiar as she suddenly remembered how her, jimin, and taehyung once sat on them while visiting jungkook at this hospital.

that's when her eyes caught sight of the raven-haired boy, he was sitting peacefully on one of the wooden swings, his legs were touching the ground as they were making the swing sway gently back and forth. his eyes were half-closed as he seemed fatigued, the wind grazing past his face causing his raven hair to cautiously cover his eyes slightly.

his head was thrown back and leaning against the back of the swing with his chin titled upwards, highlighting his defined jawline even more.

he had a packet of strawberry milk situated beside him on the seat, it looked half-drunk. jinhee's lips pursed while she placed her hands that were already becoming numb from the cold into her pockets, as she hesitantly walked towards the swing he was sitting on.

taehyung could feel something—or someone—shift beside him as he felt the weight of the swing becoming more evened out. that's when his eyes fluttered open, shifting towards the short-haired girl that was now sitting beside him.

he sighed before he took out a pair of sunglasses from his pocket and wore it, before crossing his arms and throwing his head back once more.

'why are you here?'
his voice came out slightly hoarse, not looking at jinhee as he looked up at the sky through his sunglasses, so it wasn't so bright.

'why are you here?'
jinhee threw the question back at him, emphasising on the word 'you'. she had every reason to ask that, taehyung made it so clear that he wanted nothing to do with her, and yet a simple vague call from haeun about her falling down could get his ass scurrying all the way here to see how jinhee was doing.

it didn't make sense, he didn't make sense.

he had avoided jinhee for three weeks now, and he just showed up like that?

taehyung found his words stuck in his throat, he couldn't say why he was actually here, it was going to go against everything he had worked for—how he had painfully try to let jinhee go and avoid bumping into her or contacting her for three whole weeks.

his forehead crinkled as he shut his eyes in frustration under his sunglasses, ignoring how this was the first time in three weeks he's in the same area of space as the girl, other than at the supermarket. he ignored how his heart was secretly happy at the fact that jinhee was in front of him again, and also obviously distraught.

taehyung stayed silent...again, causing jinhee to sigh at that.

'to answer your question, i just wanted to know how you're doing. sorry, i know i told you i'd give you space, and i am. just—you know, wanted to check in.'

and that's what jinhee always did, so selflessly, so patiently—she always checked in, gave taehyung the validation he didn't want to admit he so desperately needed.

and it's been hard on taehyung to avoid her for this long, when all he wanted was to see and talk to her. but how could he? when his mind was still tainted with mira and whatever she did to him.

there was a moment of silence again after jinhee said those words, but taehyung's hands reached up to his face as he removed his sunglasses, pushing them to the top of his head as they stayed there. it exposed his forehead that had been covered by his long wavy bangs.

'i'm...fine.'
and that's when he wanted to slap himself for hesitating before he said the word 'fine'. that was going to give away the fact that he was just—just not fine.

'...you?'
he hesitantly asked back, he couldn't help it anymore, he wanted to know how jinhee was doing too. there was only so much he could pretend—pretend not to care.

jinhee was thrown off by the question to say the least, not expecting taehyung to check back in, but she didn't show it. 'peachy.' she replied back quickly, not wanting the lying inclination in her tone to lace her voice for long. she knew taehyung would be able to tell if she did.

taehyung's head tilted to the side, his eyes boring into hers as he sat right beside her. she hasn't seen those eyes from such a close proximity in three weeks, so it was no wonder her breath hitched the moment it did.

as taehyung scanned jinhee's face, he immediately noticed her eyes that were rimmed with dark eye circles, her cheeks were somewhat sullen and her lips just lost their colour, and so did her eyes. not that taehyung ever noticed what colour her lips were or anything.

that's when taehyung knew, jinhee was suffering too. she was having a hard time, and it was all thanks to him.

he felt like he always ruined everything.

'have you been sleeping well?'
taehyung asked, as his eyes were fixated on the dark eye circles under her eyes.

'i-i...um, why?'
jinhee stuttered out at first due to the sudden abrupt question posed to her.

'your dark circles are even more prominent than before, you look tired.'
that just left jinhee wondering what did he mean by 'than before'? did he notice them before?

taehyung had always been observant, to the littlest details, especially when it came to her.

'i've been sleeping okay...i guess. i just resumed practice so you know, sometimes i lose track of time and practice overtime and return home kinda late.'
jinhee lied, and taehyung knew, because jinhee never returned home late because of her curfew anyway.

taehyung took in the fact that jinhee was going back to her track-and-field practice, she was slowly going back to her usual lifestyle and he was happy for her that she got to do the one hobby she loved so much, but he doesn't express it.

jinhee was getting slightly overwhelmed and flustered by the fact that taehyung's eyes never left her, as her eyes shifted from him nervously as they flickered around the wide open space of grass patch. they flickered everywhere other than back to him.

taehyung's eyes were now on her hair, as he remembered their encounter from the supermarket where he saw jinhee's new haircut for the first time. he would've found out earlier if he saw jinhee's post on the matchmaker app, but he wasn't much of a social media person from the get-go.

'you cut your hair.'
taehyung's words come out more of statement than a question, as that caused jinhee to look back at him with slightly widened eyes before she relaxed.

her fingers fidgeted with the ends of her hair before she ran them through her hair, laughing awkwardly. 'oh yeah, yeah i did.'

'you look pretty.'

WHAT. THE. FUCK.
those were the exact words that ran through jinhee's head when he heard that.

her eyes widened as she looked straight back at taehyung. 'what.' her words came out deadpanned, instead of a question like she had intended.

way to ruin the moment, kang jinhee.

and taehyung—he didn't know what came through his mind when those words left his mouth either. he didn't regret it though, he guessed it was just in the moment of finally seeing the girl after three weeks and she had a new haircut that made her look even prettier, if that was even possible in taehyung's eyes.

taehyung's lips tugged upwards in a slight smirk as he looked away, reaching out for his strawberry milk before taking a sip out of it.

was he being serious right now?

fine, two can play the game.

'do you think i look pretty? or are you referring to my hair?'
jinhee didn't know why she was being so incredibly bold, as her words came out slightly teasing. she blamed it on her lack of sleep though, it was probably causing her to lose her mind and her sense of verbal control.

that's when taehyung's smile dropped and he choked on his strawberry milk. jinhee smiled in victory.

taehyung threw jinhee a look, still trying to cough his windpipes out as jinhee chuckled a little.

'both.'
taehyung manage to choke out, not looking at jinhee as he pat his chest repeatedly. god, what was wrong with him?

'you like my hair short?'
no, i like you.

'whatever floats your damn boat.'
annnnnd the rude taehyung's back, he had recovered from his coughs as he gently placed the packet of strawberry milk to his side again.

'you changed your hair too.'
jinhee pointed to taehyung's raven and slightly messy-but-in-good-way hair. taehyung looked way more mature and colder this way, jinhee thought to herself how the fuck does he even manage to look colder than the last time she saw him but she guessed she was wrong.

'i dyed it, for fun. jimin made me follow him to the hair salon—if you didn't notice, his hair's blonde now.'
and jinhee did notice the second she walked out of the door earlier on and saw jimin in real life for the first time in three weeks, he kind of resembled an ice prince.

jinhee nodded as her eyes were fixated on taehyung's hair. if they weren't on a no-talking basis right now, she would've been utterly flustered and starstruck at the fact that taehyung looked absolutely ethereal with this new hairstyle of his.

her thoughts were interrupted as taehyung threw his head back again to stretch his neck muscles that were suddenly cramping up, revealing his adam's apple.

okay you know what—scratch that. jinhee is still very much utterly flustered.

taehyung noticed the weird silence beside him as his chin tilted downwards again, noticing jinhee looking straight at him and spacing out.

'hey, you okay?'
and that's when she snapped out of her trance, suddenly feeling the heat on her cheeks.

'yeah i'm fine.'
she narrowed her eyes at taehyung, before ripping her eyes away from him and plopping her back onto the seat of the swing, crossing her arms and looking forward.

and silence again.

not for long though.

'i'm sorry.'
taehyung broke the silence, causing jinhee to blink as she tried to process the words that just left his mouth, her head turning towards taehyung who wasn't looking back at her.

'i'm sorry i hurt you.'
and now his head turned, as his eyes locked with jinhee's.

he's sorry he hurt her, he knows he hurt her.

but jinhee knew taehyung would never intentionally hurt her, she knew that he was hurt and having a hard time, and when someone's heart was that damaged, it drove people to do things they don't want to do.

'it's okay.'
and she meant it, but was she okay though? she didn't know.

'i said i'd give you space, and i will.'
jinhee stated truthfully, even though all she wanted was for taehyung to open up to her, she wished he would let himself go, and let her carry some of his burdens and emotional baggage.

as someone who was deeply scarred herself, she could tell taehyung held so much weight in his chest, even though she had no idea what.

as those reassuring words left jinhee's mouth, taehyung knew jinhee was willing to wait for him, to give him all the space and time he needed before he was ready. ready for what? both of them didn't even know. there were so many uncertainties, what did they even have with one another?

jinhee realised that taehyung didn't even owe anything to her, so why was she expecting things from him?

'thank you, jinhee.'
taehyung gave her a slight smile, his smile didn't look forced but it held a significance amount of sadness and longing that taehyung wished he didn't feel because he didn't deserve to long for her.

jinhee returned the smile and nodded, as taehyung stood up, causing jinhee to look up at him.

'i'll...see you around.'
he hesitantly said, with the empty packet of strawberry milk in his hand, his gaze was soft and gentle on jinhee.

'mhm.'
jinhee hummed softly as she nodded, taehyung flashed her another half-smile before walking away, leaving her alone on the swing that they had both once sat on.

at least—at least he didn't say he would never see her again, right? so that was something.

•┈┈┈••✦♥✦••┈┈┈•

'hey jinjin, i need to tell ya something.'
jimin whisper-shouted, as he dragged jinhee away from haeun and sujin.

'what what what?!'
jinhee said in a hurry, as she noticed that taehyung hadn't returned from the hospital even though he had left before her. haeun and sujin were puzzled too, since they thought she went to find taehyung, which she did.

but jinhee didn't manage to sit down and tell the both of them what happened between her and taehyung at the swings when jimin spotted her coming back and immediately dragged her away.

'i called you just now but you didn't pick up because you were having a check up.'
jimin stated, as jinhee instantly got reminded of how haeun picked up his call without her permission and got both taehyung and jimin to come rushing to the clinic frantically.

'oh right, yeah. why did you call me?'
jinhee raised both of her eyebrows as jimin let go of her hand.

'i just want to tell you that...uh...'
jimin found his words stuck in his throat, his eyes flickering to the surroundings as he was visibly nervous. jinhee noticed his hands stroking the back of his neck as his lips pursed.

'is there something wrong?'
jinhee's voice softened at this point. jimin and jinhee had a friendship that was like—how does one explain it?

taehyung and jungkook were jimin's bestest friends, they were his pillars of support, his companions, the people they made him feel like he was never alone.

jinhee...jinhee was someone who jimin trusted with all his life, she was someone who jimin knows deep down—deep down that jinhee would never judge him no matter what he tells her. jinhee was the one who gave him the most support when it was regarding his dream as a dancer—as a performer, and he had always blamed himself for paying her back with an injury that forbid her to run for months.

and that's why jimin was standing in front of her right now, unable to tell her about the audition that his parents got him into.

jimin shook his head quickly.
'no everything's more than fine, but i thought that i needed to tell you this.'

'alright then, what is it?'

'i got myself another audition to a company—or more like my parents got me one since they're renowned dancers in the country.'
jimin started, not daring to look at jinhee when he shared the news but jinhee was beyond elated for him.

'oh my god, that's great jimin! that's...that's really really great.'
jinhee exclaimed, her last few words coming out as more of an enthusiastic whisper, as she realised she was in a clinic.

'is it?'
jimin asked unsurely, his lips tugging upwards seeing jinhee all excited for him when he wasn't even so excited about it himself.

jinhee noticed as her smile dropped slightly. 'jimin, if you're worried you're going to fail again—'

'i am, i'm really worried about that. but i'm also worried that if i do fail again, i'll end up hurting the people i care about, l-like...'

that's when jinhee knew what jimin was going to say.

'like what i did to you.'

jinhee's gaze on her friend immediately softened upon hearing that as she let out a soft sigh and shook her head. 'jimin, what happened was an accident, and i literally never once blamed you for it. i hope you find it in you to stop blaming yourself too.'

'i don't want you missing out on the opportunities given to you that may finally let you achieve your lifelong dreams just because of something that happened to me. look, i fucking want to see you happy and on the fucking stage.'

'jinhee...'
the corner of jinhee's lips were now tugged downwards and shaking a little, like he was struggling not to tear up.

jinhee smiled reassuringly at jimin. 'so go chase that dancer dream of yours.'

jimin brought his hand up to his eyes as he wiped his tears off before they could fall, nodding profusely in response. 'y-yeah i will.'

jinhee raised her hand up as she clenched it in a loose fist, causing jimin to smile and do a fist bump with her.

'can i hug you, jinhee?'

jinhee's lips tugged upwards as she wrapped her arms around jimin, feeling his arms wrap around her too. and this time, she didn't feel any butterflies in her stomach.

•┈┈┈••✦♥✦••┈┈┈•

'so...no news on jungkook yet?'
jinhee pursed her lips after the question left her mouth, she was reluctant to pose such a question to jimin even though she kinda knew the answer was going to be no.

jimin sadly shook his head. 'no...he's still MIA. it's literally like he just—like he just vanished. for god's sake, it's worrying me and i can't sleep properly.'

that was how jimin was, whenever he got worried, his anxiousness and concern overwhelmed him and ate him alive from inside. now he felt the anxiousness of his upcoming audition and also what may have happened to jungkook.

'we haven't heard from that dumbass for three weeks, three whole weeks. i told tae this but, what if he's dead?'
the colour from jinhee's face immediately drained as jimin assumed the worst, before she quickly shook her head.

'jimin no, there's no way.'
she didn't know if she was trying to comfort jimin or in reality, just trying to convince herself. jinhee felt guilty herself that she didn't notice anything up with jungkook was he suddenly came up to her and wanted to take a picture, she had just brushed it off as one of the many moments that jungkook was acting eccentric and random.

'he's a cockroach, an unbeatable cockroach. he wouldn't—he won't, okay?'
jinhee said, trying to sound reassuring even though she wasn't sure herself. she found out that they had already tried to contact the authorities but jungkook's parents were trying not to blow the shit up so they halted the search for him.

'he's so annoying, like super annoying. but i wish he would come back, i wish he was here now.'
jimin's shoulder slumped, as jinhee tried patting his shoulder in attempt to give him some sort of comfort.

the brunette noticed the both of them from a distance, as she overheard their conversation about jungkook. haeun bit her lip, feeling a wave of guilt wash over her with the weight and burden of the knowledge of jungkook's whereabouts and how exactly he was doing. she also knew what exactly happened to him.

unable to watch his friends worry over him anymore, haeun sighed before turning away.

•┈┈┈••✦♥✦••┈┈┈•

jimin had separated ways with jinhee as they both agreed to spread out to find taehyung's ass, that man was always appearing and disappearing out of nowhere, walking anywhere he wanted without a single thought in his head.

and of course, jinhee would find him at a vending machine—particularly a sandwich machine.

she let out a loud exhale, before walking over to the raven-haired boy. he immediately noticed her presence as his finger pushed a coin into the machine, his head turning towards jinhee.

'oh hi.'
he said nonchalantly, his head turning towards the machine again as he pressed the 'strawberry jam sandwich' option.

'by see you around, i didn't think i'd see you again so soon.'

'you literally didn't leave the hospital.'
jinhee deadpanned, as she noticed the corner of taehyung's lip tug upwards into a slight smile, his eyes shifting down as the sandwich dispensed out of the machine.

he bent down to take his sandwich out of the machine, and that's when jinhee's stomach let out a loud growl.

oh ground, swallow me whole. jinhee thought to herself.

taehyung had no reaction to that, so jinhee heaved a soft sigh of relief, assuming that he didn't catch the embarrassing moment of her stomach rumbling at the sight of taehyung's sandwich. his eyes bore into jinhee's with an unreadable expression before he tossed the sandwich in his hand to her.

and thanks to jinhee's fast reflexes, she caught it even though she didn't expect it one bit. 'are you giving me your sandwich?'

taehyung raised an eyebrow as he reached out for his wallet for more coins. 'i'm not, i'm just asking you to hold it for me.' he said with an underlying teasing tone that subtly laced his otherwise normal voice that jinhee swore she probably imagined it.

'why are you buying another sandwich? are you that hungry?'
jinhee ignored the embarrassment she felt as she just assumed taehyung was giving his sandwich to her.

taehyung ignored jinhee's questions as he bent down to receive his second strawberry jam sandwich. he then stood up, giving jinhee another unrecognisable look with a glint of mischief in his eyes as he unwrapped the wrapper around the sandwich, taking a big chomp out of it.

'enjoy your sandwich.'
taehyung said as he took another bite of his sandwich, before walking away nonchalantly with jinhee arching her eyebrows and confused eyes burning into his back.

what the fuck?
jinhee cursed in her head, trying to deny how her heart pounded like a drum in her chest, fast and hot and in anticipation or expectation of something—anything.

was it wrong for her to hope for something to come out of this gesture?

that's when the ear-splitting, deafening, and familiar but yet jinhee could never find herself used to just how piercing the fucking siren was. the sound was resounding, and made her eardrums feel like exploding as her hands clutched her ears tightly even though she knew very well that it was no use.

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

📞PHONE NOTIFICATIONS:

(1)Matchmaker:
-ALARM ALERT! 🚨 ALARM ALERT! 🚨
ALARM ALERT! 🚨

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

the siren drilled into her head, not allowing her to deny it anymore.

oh shit.

.

.

.

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
Congratulations
Kang Jinhee!

KANG JINHEE:
oh god what the fuck
this is the FOURTH TIME

KANG JINHEE:
CAN YOU AT LEAST MAKE
THE SIREN SOFTER? OR BETTER—
MAKE IT FUCKING STOP?

KANG JINHEE:
like I GET IT OKAY
DONT NEED TO PUSH MY
FEELINGS IN MY FACE

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
You have activated the
Matchmaker Lucky Charm!

KANG JINHEE:
bitch you've told me
the same thing the previous
three times

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
The alert will be released
to you in 5...

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
4...

KANG JINHEE:
shit

KANG JINHEE:
wait i already know though

KANG JINHEE:
ah shit

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
3...

KANG JINHEE:
ROBOT LADY

KANG JINHEE:
or gentleman

KANG JINHEE:
or they?

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
2...

KANG JINHEE:
ugh do i really like LIKE him

KANG JINHEE:
oh god im fucking screwed

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
1...

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
Alert has been successfully
delivered!

KANG JINHEE:
well i'll be darned

KANG JINHEE:
oh yay. hooray.

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
Congratulations
Kang Jinhee!

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
Happy Matchmaking! 🌹

KANG JINHEE:
fucking shit

KANG JINHEE:
shove that rose up
your ass|

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM
HAS DISCONNECTED
FROM THE CHAT!

-

WOULD YOU LIKE TO
EXIT THE APP?

[ YES / CANCEL ]

.

.

.

what now?
jinhee felt a wave of impending doom wash over her, as the ear-splitting siren abruptly stopped ringing into her, allowing her to remove her hands from her ears.

she bit her lip in realisation, it wasn't a good feeling as books made out to be when you realise you finally like someone—when you finally come to realise that you have a crush. jinhee learnt it the hard way from the previous time.

and besides, the possibility of your crush liking you back is literally 0.000001%—

'FUCK!'
another deafening siren rang, immediately interrupting her thoughts and worries about the previous alert.

this siren was different, it didn't sound much different but the volume of it was definitely different—it was higher, much higher. it caused jinhee's knees to give way as her knees hit the ground with her hands pressed as hard as she could against her ear, she felt like she was going to pass out, but she couldn't—not before she checked what the alarm was about this time.

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

📞PHONE NOTIFICATIONS:

(1)Matchmaker:
-ALARM ALERT! 🚨 ALARM ALERT! 🚨
ALARM ALERT! 🚨

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

.

.

.

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
Congratulations
Kang Jinhee!

KANG JINHEE:
YOU ARE FUCKING CRAZY

KANG JINHEE:
WHY IS THE SIREN SO
FUCKING LOUD THIS TIME

KANG JINHEE:
IT WAS LOUD BEFORE BUT
NOW IT'S JUST MAKING MY
EARS BLEED IT FUCKING HURTS
MAKE IT STOP

KANG JINHEE:
IM LITERALLY ABOUT TO
FAINT YOU LIL SHIT

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
You have activated the
Matchmaker Lucky Charm!

KANG JINHEE:
yeah no shit

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
The alert will be released
to you in 5...

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
4...

KANG JINHEE:
dude wait what's this about

KANG JINHEE:
LIKE ARE YOU TRYNA
THROW IT IN MY FACE
ANOTHER TIME?

KANG JINHEE:
LIKE OKAY I LIKE KIM
TAEHYUNG AND SO WHAT

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
3...

KANG JINHEE:
god it's making me dizzy

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
2...

KANG JINHEE:
it's too LOUD IM DYING

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
1...

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
Alert has been successfully
delivered!

KANG JINHEE:
thank god it stopped

KANG JINHEE:
what the FUCK

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
Congratulations
Kang Jinhee!

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM:
Happy Matchmaking! 🌹

KANG JINHEE:
FUCK

KANG JINHEE:
COME BACK HERE

KANG JINHEE:
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT
SUPPOSED TO ME|

MMAUTOMESSAGINGSYSTEM
HAS DISCONNECTED
FROM THE CHAT!

-

WOULD YOU LIKE TO
EXIT THE APP?

[ YES / CANCEL ]

.

.

.

oh fuck.

well, guess that 0.000001% chance of your crush liking you back—it happened.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

author's note—

OH MY GOD IT'S HAPPENING, EVERYONE STAY CALM, STAY FUCKING CALM—yeah no i'm not calm my taehee has come so far??? 😭 so how's everyone feeling now? thoughts? :)

this chapter was almost solely taehee, so vote because i fed yall sm taehee content >:(

^^taehyung in his sunglasses sitting on the swing

thanks for reading! &&votes are greatly appreciated

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 125 15
In a heartwarming tale of destiny and childhood connections, Y/N and Taehyung reunite after four long years, discovering that their bond goes beyond...
147K 5.6K 46
29 year old Y/N, goes on a series of failed blind dates. Her father is determined to marry her off asap. She is beautiful, sexy, smart, funny, caring...
118K 4.3K 27
Where Park Jimin is just a ordinary 17 yr old that goes to school and is going to graduate soon. He finds himself intrasted in his hot gym teacher. J...
1.9M 75.7K 41
His naked chest pressed against her exposed bosoms as he leaned his face dangerously closer to her and spread her legs wide and settled himself betwe...