The Dragon's Wildfire

By inkandanalysis

Join the world of Daemon Targaryen, a nobleman who rescues the young Elaena despite her not being his own fle... More

Author's Note
The Dragon's Wildfire
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue
From Me To You

Chapter 17

1.9K 42 8
By inkandanalysis

"What?" She questioned, Arden gulped hearing how her voice was dangerously cold.

"Nothing, My Lady." He answered.

As they turned towards Vaemond who stood at the center.

"Yet you dare tell me... who deserves to inherit the name Velaryon. No. I will not allow it." Vaemond spoke.

Daemon smirked and wandered his eyes around, looking for Elaena. As soon as their eyes met, his smirked widened as they nod at each other. Daemon also noticed how she spun the dagger on her hands and arched his brow as he saw the man standing closely beside his daughter. Averting his attention back to Vaemond who continued spouting nonsense.

"'Allow it'? Do not forget yourself, Vaemond." Viserys replied.

Elaena chuckled as she noticed Vaemond shook in anger and pointed at Luke, everyone flinched at his sudden outburst while Elaena remained unfazed and grinned.

"That is no true Velaryon, and certainly no nephew of mine." Vaemond stated.

"You have said enough." Rhaenyra spoke.

"Lucerys is my true-born grandson. And you... are no more than the second son of Driftmark." Viserys answered, panting and breathing heavily.

"You... may run your house as you see fit... but you will not decide the future of mine. My house survived the Doom and a thousand tribulations besides. And gods be damned... I will not see it ended on the account of this..." Vaemond paused.

"Say it." Daemon softly mumbled, Elaena chuckled as she also whispered the same thing which Arden heard.

"Her children... are bastards!" Vaemond yelled.

"That's it..." Elaena mumbled, Arden held her arm, "Let go of me or I will behead you." She added, her eyes held no emotions as Arden breath hitched, his body frozen and almost like a spell that he obeyed her immediately.

"And she... is... a whore." Vaemond added.

Elaena began to slither her way around the crowd, followed by Arden who was trailing behind her as Viserys stood up. Everyone fell into chatter and gasps surrounding the room. Helaena, who noticed Elaena creeping behind Vaemond, as soon as their eyes met, was beyond delighted to see her cousin again.

Elaena mouth, "Don't look and cover your ears." To which Helaena quickly understood and obliged.

"I... will have your tongue for that." Viserys muttered.

Elaena quickly glanced at Daemon who nodded his head, giving her full permission to do whatever she wanted. Elaena smirked, spun her dagger, and swiftly threw it. Landing it on his mouth, piercing right through it. She was inches smaller than Vaemond, so the royals didn't know who threw the weapon, until Elaena grasped the dagger and dragged it upwards, slicing his head with it and revealing Elaena herself. Everyone gasped as they heard the flesh being sliced, the lifeless body dropped on the ground and blood started to pool, spluttering out from his head.

"I've been meaning to do that." Elaena mumbled, smiling hauntingly.

"Disarm her!" Otto yelled.

Arden and Daemon unsheathed their swords and pointed it towards the guards. Elaena grinned as the ground grumbled, a shadow loomed from the outside of the castle and a form of a dragon landed, a deafening roar shook the castle that made everyone terrified.

"I would advise you not to do it or Silverwing will personally burn you all alive." Elaena spoke with a smug face as she wiped her blood-stained dagger on her clothes.

Daemon looked at his daughter, Elaena noticing his stare only wiggled her eyebrows. Aegon and Aemond widened their eyes and stared at their cousin. Silverwing eventually left, sensing that her rider was no longer in danger. Alicent and Rhaenyra eventually went towards Viserys as they heard him groaning in pain. Elaena who also heard him remained standing where she was as a knight and a maester assisted Viserys. As they arrived where she was, Viserys stopped and looked at Elaena.

"Your Grace." Elaena mumbled, giving him a smile.

Viserys smiled and looked at her, longingly, "Elaena." He mumbled.

"Take a rest. I will visit you later." Elaena muttered.

"Join the supper and dine with us." Viserys spoke.

Elaena heaved a breath and nodded her head, "I will, rest for now, Your Grace." She answered as Viserys nodded his head and left.

Arden went towards Elaena, as everyone started to disperse and the crowd began to thin out. He wiped the blood on her cheeks and Elaena mumbled a quick thanks to him. Elaena averted her eyes towards Helaena who ran towards her, smiling at her as she engulfs her in a hug.

"I missed you so much, Elaena." Helaena mumbled.

Arden then went behind Elaena and averted his eyes, as he noticed four pairs of eyes and the other with one-eye staring or rather glaring at him. He gulped and straightened out.

"Oh, my dear. I missed you too. How are the twins?" She asked.

"They're doing fine, would you like to visit them?" Helaena asked, holding Elaena's arm.

"I will, but maybe later. Is it okay?" She asked, patting her cheeks, lightly.

Helaena nodded her head, Elaena smiled and placed a kiss on her cheeks as she left for her chambers. Elaena then went towards where Daemon and Rhaenyra were. The Silent Sisters retrieved the dead body only leaving the pool of blood on the ground.

"Ela." Jace spoke.

"Hello, there my dear brother."

"How about me?" Luke asked.

Elaena chuckled, "Come here, Luke." She stated and the two boys engulfed her in a hug.

Daemon quietly approached Arden who was still staring at Elaena.

"What's your relationship with my daughter?" He asked.

"I am her sworn protector, prince." Arden answered.

"She can perfectly protect herself. She doesn't need one." Daemon replied.

"I need him, father." Elaena stated, interrupting their conversation.

The father and daughter looked at each other for a few seconds until Daemon heaved a sigh and hugged Elaena. Placing a kiss on her temple as they left the Great Hall and went into their own chambers to prepare for tonight.

Time went faster than Elaena anticipated and Rhaenyra gave her a dress that she'll wear tonight and gave her and Arden a room, Daemon strongly objected that both of them will share a room but Rhaenyra ignored him and continued giving one.

"Prince Daemon will surely kill me tonight." Arden mumbled.

Elaena chuckled, gathered her hair in one shoulder and faced her back towards Arden.

"Help me with the zip." Elaena spoke to which Arden quickly obliged and even placed a kiss on her nape, mumbling a thanks to him as she turned around, "You can fight." She added, teasingly.

"But not the prince." Arden replied.

Elaena smirked, "I will be back. Stay here and do whatever you want." She added and patted his shoulder and left.

Elaena was the last to arrive, she was rolling her eyes mentally as everyone looked at her, Helaena seeing her immediately went towards her and snaked her arms around her. Dragging her towards the table and letting her sit in the middle, Helaena sat beside her and they eventually drowned in their own conversation with mostly Helaena speaking of her collection and her fascination with the insects. Aegon approached the two, Elaena hummed and looked at him who was smirking.

"Elaena." He greeted.

"Aegon." She replied.

"You look more beautiful." He stated.

"I am always beautiful." She answered, earning a chuckle from him.

Aemond who awkwardly approached the two eventually got their attention, "Elaena." He said, nodded his head.

"Aemond." She answered, smiling at him.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Fine, thanks for asking." She replied.

Helaena shooed the two away to which earned both glares from them and a chuckle from her. Elaena attentively listened to her until the door opened, Viserys was sitting on a chair carried by the knights. Everyone stood up including Elaena and settled down once Viserys arrived. Elaena noticed that she was sitting just opposite of Viserys and on her right was Jace and Baela, on her left was Helaena and Aegon, on both end of the table was Luke and Rhaena and Aemond on the other end. Rhaenyra and Daemon sat on the other side of Viserys and Alicent and Otto on the other.

"How good it is to see you all tonight... together." Viserys stated.

"Prayer before we begin?" Alicent spoke.

"Yes." Viserys answered.

"May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest." Alicent muttered.

Elaena bit her lips, preventing a laughter to come out as Daemon and her stared at each other and smirked, mischievously.

"This is an occasion for celebration, it seems. My grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena, further strengthening the bond between our houses. A toast to the young princes... and their betrothed." Viserys said.

"Hear, hear!" Elaena spoke and lifted her cup, to which everyone followed and drank their wine.

"Let us toast as well Prince Lucerys... the future Lord of the Tides." Viserys added.

Everyone looked at the King as he stood up, grunting and breathing heavily.

"It both gladdens my heart and fills me with sorrow to see these faces around the table. The faces most dear to me in all the world... yet grown so distant from each other... in the years past." He started.

Viserys sighed and removed her mask. Elaena looked at him as she saw how the other half of his face was almost rotten, the empty hole where his eyes were once at, and his mouth where you can now see the inside of it.

"My own face... is no longer a handsome one..." He paused and chuckled softly, "...if indeed it ever was. But tonight... I wish you to see me as I am. Not just a king... but your father. Your brother. Your husband... and your grandsire. Who may not, it seems... walk for much longer among you." He added.

Placing the mask down, "Let us no longer hold ill feelings in our hearts." He stated, Elaena bowed her head and quietly scoffed, "The Crown cannot stand strong if the House of the Dragon remains divided. But set aside your grievances." He continued, banging his baton, "If not for the sake of the Crown... then for the sake of this old man who loves you all so dearly."

Viserys sat down as Rhaenyra stood up, lifting her cup.

"I wish to raise my cup to Her Grace, the Queen. I love my father. But I must admit that no one has stood... more loyally by his side than his good wife. She has tended to him with... unfailing devotion, love, and honor. And for that, she has my gratitude... and my apology." She stated and sat down.

"Your graciousness moves me deeply, Princess. We are both mothers and we love our children. We have more in common than we sometimes allow." Alicent replied and stood up, "I raise my cup to you and to your house. You will make a fine queen." She added and settled down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 3.5K 38
Daenys Velaryon is the oldest child of Rhaenyra and Laenor Velaryon, but she shares the same true lineage as her brothers Jacaerys, Lucerys, and Joff...
7.2K 206 14
Aelyria Targaryen is the product of Rhaenyra's Targaryen wedding night escapade. She grows up in King's Landing amongst vipers and spiders, and not e...
24.2K 448 13
After Laenor loses Joffrey at his wedding with Rhaenyra! Laenor vows to the Faith Of The Seven that only the two most powerful houses will have acces...