When You Leave

By Valentine2085

Anakin Skywalker is not exactly beloved in the Jedi order. but even he didn't think they would seemingly aban... More

Chapter 1: The Development
Chapter 2: Arrested
Chapter 4: Brother
Chapter 5: Investigation - Part I
Chapter 6: Investigation - Part II
Chapter 7: Judgement
Chapter 8: Backlash
Chapter 9: Pre-Trial
Chapter 10: Revelations
Chapter 11: Confrontation
Chapter 12: Exoneration
Chapter 13: The Decision
Chapter 14: Conspiracy
Chapter 15: The Unraveling
Chapter 16: Inoculation
Chapter 17: Padme's Ruminations
Chapter 18: Complications
Chapter 19: Showdown
Chapter 20: Aftermath
Chapter 21: The Order Reborn
Chapter 22: Finale

Chapter 3: Reactions

355 8 0
By Valentine2085

Rex was just trying to finish some paperwork in his office.

Why he always got stuck with paperwork he'd never know, then again Skywalker was his general, so that maybe had something to do with it.

Then the door of his office opened, revealing Kix, who had a look of urgency on his face, which wasn't all that normal for him.

Rex sighed.

"Kix this better be good, I'm drowning in paperwork."

Kix just spoke without answering that, but the words he said were truly unbelievable.

"It's general Skywalker, he's been arrested!"

Rex almost shot out of his chair.

"What?! Arrested for what?!"

"Well Thire said that Fox said he killed that woman that bombed the temple."

Impossible. The general could have anger issues, but he had his own lines that he chose not to cross.

As for Fox, well, he'd speak with him later.

In a way he felt betrayed by Fox, he had stood up for him multiple times back on Kamino, and looked after him to make sure the Kaminoans didn't decommission him for...certain defects.

He stood from his chair, picking up his helmet and now ignoring his prior task.

"You might want to hurry sir."

Rex raised a brow.

"What's going on?"

"Well, Fives, Mixer, and Tup are all pretty much calling for Fox's head already, and Jesse is plotting on how to break the general out."

Rex sighed.

"I can't blame any of them."

Kix said nothing to that.

"Yeah well, there'll be bigger problems when the Jedi get word of this, which should be..."

As if on cue, Jesse came in and interjected.

"Rex, the Jedi council knows, and they are apparently not happy."
-----------------------------------------------------------
To say the council was not pleased about this development was an understatement.

The grandmaster could feel the emotions rolling off his fellow council members.

Obi-Wan was shocked, angry, and confused.

Shaak Ti and Plo Koon were both just utterly lost in thought.

Ki-Adi and Eeth were already talking amongst themselves.

And Mace was clearly just thinking about what to do.

Anakin Skywalker had been accused of murder, but also of being the mastermind of the plot to bomb the Jedi temple.

Yoda wasn't anymore pleased it came from Tarkin, who seemed out to get Anakin now for whatever reason he could.

Now the council had to debate.

They'd seen the footage sent by Tarkin, now came all the disagreements and bickering amongst the council.

Obi-Wan spoke first, not surprising.

"I don't believe it, Anakin has some issues but he knows his own limits."

Yoda nodded, he had to agree with that, Skywalker could be brash in actions, but he did have his own limits.

Shaak Ti voiced her agreement.

"Agreed, he could not have killed Letta."

Then Shadday Potkin, elected to replace the fallen council member Adi Gallia, spoke up.

"And video footage can be faked."

Plo nodded in agreement but said nothing. Then came Ki-Adi's opinion, he was so sure of himself as always.

"While I understand your sentiments, I think it legitimate that Skywalker killed her. She did bomb the Jedi temple and kill innocents in the process, and we all know how much Skywalker cares for innocent lives."

Yoda could sense Mace in conflict, wanting to agree to the idea, but something was stopping him from doing that.

Eeth nodded in agreement, but Obi-Wan looked at Ki-Adi like he'd lost his mind.

"After the things we've been through together, all of us, you actually believe he did this?"

Ki-Adi kept a neutral look and nodded.

"I hate thinking it master Kenobi, but I do think Skywalker is not innocent here."

Yoda sighed, drawing the rest of the council's attention.

"Innocent until proven guilty Skywalker is. Right master Potkin is, faked, footage can be. Keep that in mind you should. Strong physical evidence they will require, to prove Skywalker guilty. However, have this evidence, they do not. So innocent in my eyes, Skywalker is."

Most of the council, being Elizabeth, Obi-Wan, Shaak Ti, Plo, and Depa were in agreement.

While Ki-Adi, Eeth, and Mira were not aligned with the statement.

Shadday, Kit, and Mace were undecided it seemed.

Mace spoke after a moment.

"I agree, this requires further investigation."

After this was said, the hologram of Tarkin appeared, two guards on either side of him now.

"What is it admiral?"

Mace's tone conveyed some bitterness, which he tried hiding with a blank expression, but his eyes betrayed him.

"Anakin Skywalker has escaped from Republic custody. Commander Fox reports he escaped his cell, retrieved his lightsaber, killed multiple clones, and then left the facility."

The council was taken aback.

Plo shook his head.

"Skywalker could not have done that, I have seen how deeply he cares for all the clones."

Shaak Ti agreed.

"So have I, to him they are like family."

Kit voiced his agreement as well.

"As they are to me as well."

All the other Jedi, save Mace and Ki-Adi, nodded in agreement.

Tarkin just frowned.

"It does not change the fact he has killed clone troopers, and is now on the run."

Mace frowned in return, and shook his head.

"The council will send Obi-Wan and Padawan Tano to find him, but you are not to harm him."

With that, the transmission ended.

Shadday raised a brow.

"You really think Skywalker was capable of something like this?"

"No, definitely not."

"Yes, it is possible."

"Master Koth, Anakin did save your life once despite..."

Yoda sighed again, yes indeed, the arrest and now escape of Anakin Skywalker was slowly doing the council in.

No, scratch that, the council was quite frankly doing itself in.
-----------------------------------------------------------
In his office, the dark lord of the sith, Sidious, was pacing.

He was beyond furious.

Partly at commander Fox, but mostly at Tarkin.

Anakin had been arrested for murdering Letta Turmond, which Palpatine knew he didn't do, but it wasn't perceived that way.

But Fox was just doing his job, so Sidious wasn't really angry at him, just very disappointed.

No, his rage was towards Tarkin.

The admiral was now out to get Skywalker, and that could be a very big issue.

Sidious had a plan in motion to destroy the Jedi, and Anakin was the key.

Without him, the chances of failure were higher, and Sidious hated his plans being made more difficult.

No...

Tarkin's now personal vendetta, could destroy carefully crafted plans, it could ruin Anakin's fall to the dark side, and worse, it could completely derail order 66.

So now the sith Lord was in deep thought, he needed to figure out what he was going to do, if he could do anything given the Jedi were sure to be all over this.

For now he'd set aside his rage towards Tarkin.

He would make an example of him later.

*Didn't do Padme or Ahsoka cause you know how they would react. As far as the council, you can probably guess which members are siding with Anakin already.

*Oh, and yeah, Mixer and Redeye, the two who died in "Voyage of Temptation", survived in my AU, so that explains Mixer being mentioned.

*Anyway, continuing on..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 66 16
In a universe where Anakin defeats Palpatine, he's sucked through a wormhole into a different reality. The Republic is gone, transformed into an Empi...
1.6K 48 13
Shot down on Ryloth by rebels, Vader and Sidious quickly discover a far more serious threat than the other insurgents: a Fallen Obi-Wan, determined t...
538 26 13
Anakin was never trained for battle, no matter what darkness his master possesses. Jedi are meant to be peacekeepers, but when the Clone Wars breaks...
4.3K 92 7
When Obi-Wan goes to see Padme before leaving for Utapau, he discovers a secret. She is pregnant with not one, but two, Skywalker children. The unbor...