Lost Soul

By issyh0

"Twin Flames; Two souls that are always meant to be together. Sometimes it takes time, sometimes it takes a p... More

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
Playlist
The Christmas Invasion
New Earth
New Earth
Tooth and Claw
Tooth and Claw
Tooth and Claw
School Reunion
School Reunion
School Reunion
The Girl in the Fireplace
Rise of the Cybermen
Age of Steel
Age of Steel
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Idiots Lantern
Idiots Lantern
Idiots Lantern
The Impossible Planet
The Satan Pit
The Satan Pit
The Satan Pit
Fear Her
Fear Her
Fear Her
Army of Ghosts
Army of Ghosts
Army of Ghosts
Doomsday
Doomsday
Doomsday
The Runaway Bride
The Runaway Bride
Restored

New Earth

2K 42 2
By issyh0

After packing a few belongings and clothes, Raelle was ready to leave and go explore the universe. She had been waiting for this since she was a child, even if when she was a child, she thought it was a dream. 

After saying an emotional goodbye to her mum and Mickey, she entered the TARDIS to see Rose and The Doctor talking over by the console. She made her way up to them, grabbing hold of Rose's hand and squeezing it in excitement. "So where are we going?"

"Further than we've ever gone before." The Doctor replied, a massive grin on his face, as he flipped a switch on the console and whisk them into space. 

*:・゚✧*:・゚

The TARDIS materialised across the river from a massive city, Raelle running outside like a child to explore. She looked around at her surroundings, laughing at the sight. Above her, flying car zipped across towards the massive city, which was beautiful to look at. She breeze blew her hair across her face as she smiled, not quite believing where they were. Rose watched her sister's reaction, a smile on her face from her excitement, thinking the same thoughts her sister was thinking.

"It's the year five billion and twenty three. We're in the galaxy M87, and this?" The Doctor introduced, walking from the TARDIS to stand beside the two sisters. "This is New Earth." 

"That's just. That's just-" Rose laughed, in bewilderment. 

"Not bad. Not bad at all." The Doctor laughed along with her, watching the two, wide eyed, look at their surroundings. 

"That's amazing. I'll never get used to this. Never. Different ground beneath my feet, different sky. What's that smell?" Raelle exclaimed, smiling wide at the Doctor, who looked at her grinning. 

The Doctor leant over to pick a piece of the grass and held it to his nose to sniff. "Apple grass"

"Apple grass." Rose smiled, looking down at the grass, sniffing it. 

"Yeah, yeah." The Doctor laughed. 

Raelle made her way over to the Doctor, grabbing a hold of his hand. "it's beautiful. Oh, I love this. Can I just say, travelling with you, I love it."

He smiled down on the girl. "Me too. Come on." He grabbed Rose's hand and led them over towards the river. 

*:・゚✧*:・゚

The trio relaxed on the grass, looking up at the city from across the river, The Doctor in between the pair of sisters.  "The year five billion, the sun expands, the Earth gets roasted." 

"That was our first trip." Rose recalled, smiling at the memory. 

"We had chips." The Doctor and Rose laughed at the memory, Raelle laughing along with the pair at how odd the memory sounds. "So anyway, planet gone, all rocks and dust, but the human race lives on, spread out across the stars. Soon as the Earth burns up, oh yeah, they get all nostalgic, big revival movement, but then find this place. Same size as the Earth, same air, same orbit. Lovely. Call goes out, the humans move in." 

"What's the city called?" Raelle asked, looking over to the modern town in front of them. 

"New New York." 

"Oh, come on." Raelle scoffed, looking at the Doctor in disbelief. 

"It is." The Doctor defended, laughing.  "It's the city of New New York. Strictly speaking, it's the fifteenth New York since the original, so that makes it New New New New New New New New New New New New New New York." The two sisters looked at each other, trying their hardest to hold in their laughter - failing miserably. The Doctor was beyond oblivious to what caused this laughter. "What?" He asked, genuinely confused. 

The two sisters laughed.  "You're so different." Rose said mockingly, eyeing Rae trying to make her sister laugh even more. 

"New New Doctor." Raelle continued, setting Rose over the edge with fits of laughter. The Doctor finally clocked on and gave the younger sister a small playful smack to tell her to stop mocking him, a big smile on his face not helping his case. 

"Can we go and visit New New York, so good they named it twice?" Rose asked standing up, smirking at the Doctor playfully. 

"Well, I thought we might go there first." The Doctor pointed to a separate pair of curved, modern skyscraper buildings, away from the city, across the river. 
"Why" Raelle asked incredulously." what is it?" 

"Some sort of hospital. Green moon on the side. That's the universal symbol for hospitals. I got this." He reached into his coat, pulling out his psychic paper. "A message on the psychic paper."
Ward 26 Please Come

"Hmm. And I thought we were just sight-seeing for my first trip." She teased the Doctor. She grabbed his hand, for comfort reasons. "Come on, then. Let's go and explore." 

*:・゚✧*:・゚

"Hospitals creep me out" Raelle thought out loud, looking around the elegant hospital reception. 

'I agree." The Doctor agreed, taking in his surroundings. 

"Bit rich coming from you." Rose retorted towards the Doctor. 

"I can't help it. I don't like hospitals. They give me the creeps." He defended.

The Pleasure Gardens will now take visitors carrying green or blue identification cards for the next fifteen minutes. Visitors are reminded that cuttings from the gardens are not permitted.

"Very smart. Not exactly NHS." Rose said looking around. 
"No shop." The Doctor pouted. "I like the little shop."

"You are a child" Raelle mocked the Doctor, a playful scowl emerging on his face. 

"I thought this far in the future, they'd have cured everything." Rose stated. 

"The human race moves on, but so do the viruses. It's an ongoing war." 

Raelle looked around, locking eyes with one of the nurses. She stopped, tugging at the Doctor's sleeve. "They're cats."

"Now, don't stare. Think what you look like to them, all pink and yellow." He pointed over next to the lift. "That's where I'd put the shop. Right there." He grabbed Raelle's hand, to make sure he didn't lose her, pulling her into the lift with him. "Ward 26, thanks!"

Rose was about to enter the lift when the doors slammed shut, leaving her stranded on the other side. "Hold on! Hold on!" She shouted, smacking the lift door to try and pry it open. 

"Oh, too late. We're going up." The Doctor shouted back. 

"It's all right, there's another lift."

"Ward 26. And watch out for the disinfectant."

"Watch out for what?"

"The disinfectant!" Raelle shouted, in an attempt the Doctor would hear her voice. 

"The what?"

"The disin- Oh, you'll find out." He gave up, laughing with Raelle. 

Rose entered the lift, impatiently waiting. "Er, Ward 26, thanks." But her lift heads down, not up, opposite direction to Rae and the Doctor. 

Commence stage one disinfection.

Raelle shrieked when the disinfection sprayed both her and the Doctor, drenching them. The Doctor took fully liberty of washing his hair in it, while Raelle stood still, wishing it would hurry up and be over with. The next stage is a blow dry. The Doctor enjoys it. Raelle laughs at his reaction, joining him in enjoying the blow-dry. 

Rose exists the lift, perfectly dry from head to toe. She looks around at her surroundings, definitely not matching the interior of reception, an empty basement. A voice made her jump, turning to look towards the man. "The human child is clean."

"Er, I'm looking for Ward 26?" She asked uneased. 

"This way, Rose Tyler." He walks away, beckoning for her to follow. Rose hesitates, picking up a metal bar for safety and follows carefully.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Please report to reception.

"Nice place. No shop, downstairs. I'd have a shop. Not a big one. Just a shop, so people can shop." The Doctor rambled as him and Raelle were escorted by a veiled nurse. Raelle laughing at the Doctor's fascination to having a shop in a hospital. 

The nurse removes her veil. "The hospital is a place of healing."

"A shop does some people the world of good." Raelle offered the nurse, the Doctor agreeing. The nurse scowled at the younger girl. "Not me... Other people." The girl backtracked, the nurse obviously not understanding jokey tone in her voice. 

"The Sisters of Plentitude take a lifelong vow to help, and to mend."

A woman emerges from an open cubicle, smartly dressed. "Excuse me! Members of the public may only gaze upon the Duke of Manhattan with written permission from the Senate of New New York." She scolded the pair. 

"That's Petrifold Regression, right?" The Doctor inquired, looking at the condition of the Duke. Raelle peeks over his shoulder. 
"I'm dying, sir. A lifetime of charity and abstinence, and it ends like this." The Duke dramatised. 

"Any statements made by the Duke of Manhattan may not be made public without official clearance." The woman told the pair. 
"Frau Clovis!" The Duke groaned. "I'm so weak." 

"Sister Jatt. A little privacy, please." Glaring at the other nurse. Nurse Jatt pulled the curtain back reassuring the others he'll be up and about in no time, to which the Doctor looked like he didn't believe. 

"I doubt it. Petrifold Regression? He's turning to stone. There won't be a cure for oh, a thousand years? He might be up and about, but only as a statue." Shaking his head. 

"That's so sad. There's really nothing they can do?" Raelle frowned, the Doctor shaking his head in response. 

"Have faith in the Sisterhood." Nurse Jatt reassured the pair. "But is there no one here you recognise? It's rather unusual to visit without knowing the patient.

The Doctor looked around the Ward, his eyes landing and focusing behind Raelle's shoulder. "No, I think I've found him."

Raelle turned to watch the Doctor walk over to the patient; a large face in a container by the picture window with a view of the city. 

"Novice Hame, if I can leave this gentleman in your care?" Nurse Jatt refered to Novice Hame. 

"Oh, I think my friend got lost. Rose Tyler. Could you ask at reception?" He turned, asking Nurse Jatt. She nodded, walking off to reception. 

"I'm afraid the Face of Boe's asleep. That's all he tends to do these days. Are you a friend, or.." Novice Hame inquired to the Doctor. 

"We met just the once on Platform One."

"What's wrong with him?" Raelle asked sadly, kneeling beside the Doctor, a frown on her face. 

Novice Hame sadly looked down on the pair. "I'm so sorry. I thought you knew. The Face of Boe is dying."

"Of what?" Raelle asked, heart breaking.  

"Old age. The one thing we can't cure. He's thousands of years old. Some people say millions, although that's impossible." 

"Oh, I don't know." The Doctor shrugged. "I like impossible. I'm here. I look a bit different, but it's me." He looked up to the Face of Boe, placing a hand on the tank. "It's the Doctor."

"We're here for you." Raelle added, taking a hold of the Doctor's hand for comfort, the same sense of familiarity taking a hold of her as they both looked sadly up at the Face of Boe. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 284 14
Doctor Who Series One The Doctor x OC
10 By TOCLDJA

Fanfiction

2.5K 98 14
49.9K 1.1K 40
You are the twin sister/brother of captain jack Harkness you haven't heard from him for years and you truly believe he didn't make it that is until y...
13.4K 418 12
DOCTOR WHO | 9 & 10 -"Weirdo!" ------> She was found alone and in pain, scorch marks and burnt wings. He was searching around space and time for any...