Saving Luhan

By bubblewraps22

I was hired to babysit her son. It turns out, her son is a fully grown handsome guy with equally good looking... More

Saving Luhan
1 The Beginning
2 The Job
3 The Pervs?!
4 The First Morning
5 The Thing Called YOU
6 The Strange Family
7 The Rules
8 The Surprise
9 The Ugly Duckling
Next Part Preview
10 The End
11 The Past Conflict
12 The Happy Virus
13 The Pacifier
14 The Day Off
15 The Promise
16 The Third Floor (and The Curse of The Broken Pipes)
17 The Price to Pay
18 The Game
19 The Last Three Months
20 The Red Flag
Interlude
21 The Star-Crossed Hearts Part 1
22 Star-Crossed Hearts Part 2
23 The Paper Boats
24 The Better One
25 The Fire
26 The Duck and The Deer
27 The Cheesiest One Ever
28 The Storm
29 The Talking Pie and The Walking Pasta
31 The Broken Pieces
32 The Last Chapter
Author's Note
The Night They Lost Track
Facts About Saving Luhan
Announcement

30 The Last Lie

7.5K 345 75
By bubblewraps22

Eula's POV

It's been about three weeks since the day I came back and I can say that I am truly happy to be with him. I can't believe how sweet he is. Going back to the first day we met, I never would have guessed he has this side.

When I go to meet Suho, he stayed home to hang out with Sehun. Even THAT was a strange improvement. The brothers seemed to be closer than ever. It makes me feel happy that I caused some of it.

I was preparing to meet Suho when my phone beeped and I saw a message from him. It was his schedule for a blood transfusion today. I wanted Luhan to come but I thought of not bothering him anymore. He has more important things to do

Suho: Sorry, Eula. Can we just meet at the hospital?

I replied "okay" and picked up my jacket. Somehow, I feel jealous over Luna for taking Suho's attention but thankful because she isn't coming between me and Luhan. Everything is doing too well right now that it scares me. Nothing is perfect.

"Going somewhere?"

I looked around and saw Baekhyun going down the stairs.

"Yeah. Hospital. My brother has a blood transfusion schedule today." I said while checking the time on my phone.

"Oh. I'll drive you." Baekhyun took his keys out of his pocket before I even agreed.

We reached the hospital and met Suho at the nurse station. He looks tired and spent but still, he stood there with a beautiful smile is on his face. Good thing I can help him out this time. The doctor confirmed the compatibility of our blood and approved my donation.

"Oppa, even though I know you're happy to be with her, please take care of yourself. I'd be angry at her if you get sick again." I gave him a quick hug.

"Yes, mother." He said poking my side.

Suho went in to the other room for another checkup while I was resting in a room after the donation. A few minutes later, Baekhyun came in to hand me an apple. I took it and sat up, feeling a little dizzy. He massaged my temples and I smiled at him for doing so.

"You're too brave to do that." He pointed at the cotton ball attached on my arm.

"It's nothing. They say these things are good for me, like I'm gonna have new blood in my body now or something." I said happily.

"Disgusting." He muttered, making me laugh.

A few minutes later, I decided to call Luhan to tell him what I did. Even though I know it's not that important, I just wanted to not keep secrets from him anymore. He picked up on the third ring.

"Hello, Luhan." I couldn't help but smile.

Baekhyun shook his head at me and held the door open to let me pass. He made face beside me, mouthing "evil deer" in a hilarious way. I hit his stomach lightly and went out of the hallway.

"Hi, Eula. Is there anything wrong?" He sounded a little tensed.

"No. nothing." I said hurriedly to calm him. "I just called to..." I trailed off when I saw him standing at the nurse's station. Luhan. Him.

"Yes?" He asked and I watched him sign something on a clipboard.

I want to call him from where I am but for some reasons, I couldn't do it. There's a strange feeling in my gut that I can't explain.

"Where are you, Luhan?" I asked, my voice shaking a little.

"Uh. I'm at a meeting right now. I've got new clients." He paused and I saw him loosen his shirt just as Luna appeared beside him. "Sorry, princess but I have to go. They're waiting for me."

"Oh... okay." I whispered and put the phone down, watching Luna hold his arm into one of the hospital rooms.

I caught Baekhyun's hand and pulled him into the storage room and asked him to be quiet. I counted from one to sixty and tried to compose myself. I sighed and quietly went out of the room. Baekhyun tugged at my hand and pulled me in for a hug.

"He didn't tell you the truth, did he? Oh gosh. What should I tell you." Baekhyun said quietly.

"Baek, tell me it's gonna be okay." I said on his chest as my eyes started to water.

"Oh Eula, I'm sure he has reasons for doing so." He said while patting the back of my head.

"He said no more lies... What to do?" I hugged his waist tight as I sobbed.

Baekhyun drove me back to the Oh mansion to think it over but I was already at the door and I still haven't thought of anything. My mind always flashes back to the hospital... and Luhan's lie.

I accidentally bumped into someone while getting some water and when I looked up, Kai's puppy eyes where gazing down at me. His smile fell when he saw my face. I probably look terrible right now, after all that crying.

"Hi, Kai." I said weakly and side stepped to walk past him.

"Eula, are you okay?" He asked and I continued walking.

"No, I need to rest."

"Talk to me." He caught up with me and blocked my way.

I tried to walk past him again but he won't let me. The frustration and pain inside me mixed up and went up to my eyes. My vision started to water and I couldn't stop the tears anymore.

"Why are you-" Kai said but I held my hand up to stop him.

"Don't ask, please."

He walked towards me but I stepped back from him. I shook my head and started to sob. Kai took a deep breath and pulled me to him, hugging me tightly. I tried to shake him off, beating his chest, his shoulders... I tried to get away from him but the more I hit him, the tighter his embrace gets. My hands started to slow down to a halt and I just let Kai hug me.

"I need to get away from here, Kai." I whispered.

"Did hyung hurt you?" He asked making me flinch.

I shook my head and softly took Kai's hand off me. He let them fall on his side and I looked up to him. There were tears in his eyes and a hint of anger in his face.

"Kai, I'm okay. I'm just-"

"If you're okay then why do you need to go away?" He asked, his jaw clenching a little.

"I'm causing more trouble than I'm worth." I said quietly.

"What do you mean, Eula?" Luhan suddenly said from the door.

My spine felt a sudden chill and I stiffened. I watched Kai's face turn vile. My hand shot up to his arm to stop him but he didn't even look at me. I slowly turned to Luhan but I didn't meet his eyes.

"I let you take her. But that doesn't mean you can make her cry and get away from it." Kai spat at Luhan taking the latter by surprise.

"What is this kid saying, Eula?" Luhan asked. "Come on, let's talk about it." He walked towards me but I stepped back and Kai blocked me from him.

Luhan stopped dead and switched glances between us. His hands curled into balls of fist beside him.

"Eula, I said let's talk about it." He did his best not to shout at me.

"She doesn't want to talk to you. Isn't that obvious enough?" Kai said, advancing to his older brother.

"Stay away from this, Kai." Luhan smirked at him.

"I would have stayed away if you hadn't made her cry." Kai said and threw a punch squarely on Luhan's jaw.

Luhan swayed to the right and ran a hand on his left jaw. He stood straight and hit Kai's gut making the latter curl in pain.

"Stop it, Luhan." I said, motioning to help Kai who is coughing furiously.

Before I reached Kai, Luhan took him by the collar and punched him on the mouth. Kai lost his balance and fell backwards. He immediately stood up and swayed a left hand in the air.

Kai's lower lip bled and Luhan's jaw is beet red. I stood motionless behind them, shaking scared. They continued to beat each other, with Luhan getting the upper hand. Just then, their mother walked into the front door and saw them.

"Luhan! Kai! Stop this nonsense now!" She barked and as if it was a magic spell, the two stopped.

Ms. Oh looked really angry as she walked towards them, smirking at their bruised faces. She closed her eyes for an instant to compose herself and opened them with a renewed anger.

"Are you trying to kill each other again? My God! Will you ever grow up?"

Everybody else went down the living room to see what the commotion is about. They all watched us and I felt like melting in place right now.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Oh. It's my fault." I said and bowed to her.

Ms. Oh walked to me and I heard Luhan say that I have nothing to do with it. But Ms. Oh stopped in front of me and I slowly straightened up to look at her. She is still very angry.

"I think you forgot why I hired you." She said, her words piercing me one by one. "I hired you specifically to save Luhan from Luna. You remember that, do you?"

I shot a look at Luhan who turned wide eyed at me. Why didn't I tell him before about it?

"Answer, Eula!" Ms. Oh shouted.

"Y-yes. Yes Ma'am." I instantly said and my eyes started to water again.

But I held it in. I don't want to falter in front of everybody.

"So why are my sons beating each other because of you? Did you seduce them to fall in love with you?"

"No, Ms. Oh. I will never-"

"Do I look like a fool to you? I told you, I always check on my sons and I know about you and Luhan and Kai. And even your relation to Luna." She spat at me and I just faltered.

"Mother... I asked her to go out with me." Kai said, trying to defend me.

"Eula, you're fired." Ms. Oh said harshly and I felt like I grew roots on the floor.

The boys were quiet and I want to look at them, see their faces for the last time but I couldn't. I quietly went up the stairs, feeling eyes on me. When I reached my room, I didn't bother closing it. I'm out tonight. I can't stay here any longer.

I put my clothes into my suitcase, leaving the ones that Luna gave me. I reached for my book in the shelf and a piece of paper fell on my face. I opened it and big bold letters saying "Luhan's Rules" greeted me.

I read it quickly and stopped at the last one.

Don't fall in love with Luhan.

I guess I should really be fired after all. I saw the date I signed it and my breath caught a little. It's the last day tomorrow. I closed my suitcase and looked around my room.

"Goodbye, big room." I said and turned off the lights.

"Where are you going, Eula?" Luhan asked leaning on the door.

"Goodbye, Luhan." I said quietly and went out of the room.

"What was Kai talking about?" He asked making me stop.

I took a deep breath and it took all of me to even form the words in my head and let them tumble out of my tongue. My heart felt too hurt to even feel anything more.

"Where were you when I called you this afternoon, Luhan?" I asked softly.

There was silence. I held back my tears knowing that he knew what I meant. He hugged me from behind and held me tightly.

"Let go, Luhan. For the last time, I'm asking you... let go."

He shook his head and held me tighter.

"Can't you see I'm trouble?" I asked him but he didn't answer. "You don't need to explain. It's not none of my business, right?"

I felt something warm trickle down my shoulder and I caught a glimpse of his tears. I swallowed hard to keep myself from crying. I have to be strong now. This is the last time I'm gonna do my job. Save him... from me.

I touched his hands and undid his embrace. I turned myself to him and took the contract and the paper boat in my bag. I handed them to him and he didn't even look.

"Can I ask you something?" He said and his shaky voice broke me in two. "Did you... did you follow every rule in this stupid agreement, Eula?

Of course not. I never liked his rules.

"Yes. All TEN of them." I mentally stabbed myself for saying so.

"But I still need you for me to be a better man." I knew from the way his voice weakened that it was his last fight.

"You have changed already, Luhan. And it wasn't because of me. It was all your choice." I tapped his head and smiled at him for the last time.

Thank you for everything, Luhan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 231 18
I was a 15 year old girl living in an orphanage. I was always bullied. But one day I got adopted by a special person. I lived with him and he cared f...
463 30 19
Is blood really thicker than water? After the death of his parents, the gentle and shy Luhan travels to Korea to stay with his cold and emotionless h...
54K 1.4K 19
Kenna needs help earning money for college...so she decides to start babysitting. What happens when she gets hired as a babysitter for a bad boy her...
2.3K 130 14
They are a few weeks into the wedding and everybody is excited. However, problems arise that threaten to end Luhan and Eula's relationship for good. ...