Lost Soul

By issyh0

"Twin Flames; Two souls that are always meant to be together. Sometimes it takes time, sometimes it takes a p... More

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
Playlist
The Christmas Invasion
New Earth
New Earth
New Earth
Tooth and Claw
Tooth and Claw
Tooth and Claw
School Reunion
School Reunion
School Reunion
The Girl in the Fireplace
Rise of the Cybermen
Age of Steel
Age of Steel
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Idiots Lantern
Idiots Lantern
Idiots Lantern
The Impossible Planet
The Satan Pit
The Satan Pit
The Satan Pit
Fear Her
Fear Her
Fear Her
Army of Ghosts
Army of Ghosts
Army of Ghosts
Doomsday
Doomsday
Doomsday
The Runaway Bride
The Runaway Bride
Restored

The Christmas Invasion

2.2K 47 12
By issyh0

"Get off me! Get off" Raelle screamed at the alien holding her in place. Rose and Mickey run out of the TARDIS, in utter shock of where they are, Rose being very concerned for her sister, as she closes the door behind her.

"I've got you. My Lord. Oh, my precious thing. Did the Sycorax hurt you?" Harriet Jones says to Raelle. She's being comforted by the prime minister, definitely not the weirdest thing to happen today she thought. "Rose, Rose! The Doctor, is he with you?" Harriet asked Rose urgently.

"No. We're on our own." Rose sadly responded.

"The girl. The young brown haired girl. She has the clever blue box. Therefore, she speaks for your planet." The alien commanded at Raelle. Oh hell no.

"But she can't." Both Rose and Harriet exclaimed.

"Someone's got to be the Doctor." Raelle stood away from the trio, towards the sycorax. Ok think, think of all the random things Rose has told you since she's been away. Maybe she could do this.

"Rae, they'll kill you." Rose shouted after her. She was beyond worried for her sister.

"I, er, I address the Sycorax according to Article Fifteen of the Shadow Proclamation. I command you to leave this world with all the authority of the Slitheen Parliament of Raxacoricofallapatorius, and er, the Gelth Confederacy as er, sanctioned by the Mighty Jagrafess and, oh, the Daleks! Now, leave this planet in peace! In peace." That sounded somewhat ok, Raelle thought.

The Sycorax all burst into laughter. Ok, definitely not right then, never mind.

"You are very, very funny. And now you're going to die." Alex translated as the sycorax yelled at Raelle.

"Leave her alone!" Rose shouted, trying to run over to her to be held back by Mickey.

"Don't touch her!" Mickey cried out, feeling protective over the younger girl.

The leader walks up to Raelle, Raelle trying her hardest to not appear scared. If she just imagined they looked like walking and talking rocks, she'll be fine.

"Did you think you were clever with your stolen words? We are the Sycorax, we stride the darkness. Next to us you are but a wailing child. If you are the best your planet can offer as a champion" Alex translated.

"Then your world will be gutted" The sycrorax jeered.

"Then your world will be gutted" Alex translated.

"And your people enslaved." The sycrorax continued. Raelle could've sworn he was speaking English.

Alex stopped. "Hold on, that's English."

"He's talking English." Harriet reiterated.

"You're talking English." Raelle told the Sycorax leader.

"I would never dirty my tongue with your primitive bile." Spat the Sycorax in disgust.

"That's English. Can you hear English?" Raelle turned to her sister, confused.
"Yeah, that's English." Rose replied. "Definitely English."

"I speak only Sycoraxic!" The Sycorax bellowed.

Raelle turned back around to face the leader of the Sycorax. "If I can hear English, then it's being translated. Which means it's working. Which means.." She turns back, looking at the TARDIS doors, everyone following her action.

The TARDIS doors open, the Doctor standing in the middle of them, smirking. "Did you miss me?"

The Sycorax cracks his whip towards him, in an attempt to eliminate him. The Doctor catches the end and pulls it out of his hand. Raelle watches in admiration.

"You could have someone's eye out with that." Retorted to the Leader.

"How dare!-" The another Sycorax charge towards the Doctor. The Doctor takes a thick club off another Sycorax and breaks it across his knee.

"You just can't get the staff. Now, you, just wait. I'm busy." Scolding the Sycorax. He turns to the group. "Mickey, hello! And Harriet Jones MP for Flydale North. Blimey, it's like This Is Your Life. Tea! That's all I needed, a good cup of tea! Superheated infusion of free radicals and tannin. Just the thing for healing the synapses." The Doctor explained. He turns towards the sisters. "Now, first thing's first. Be honest, how do I look?"

"Er, different." Rose replies, looking at the Doctor oddly.

"Good different or bad different?"

"Just different."

"Am I ginger?"

"No, you're just sort of brown." Raelle replied, the Doctor looking over to her, smiling.

"I wanted to be ginger. I've never been ginger." He exclaimed annoyed. "And you, Rose Tyler, fat lot of good you were. You gave up on me." The Doctor shouted. Rose looked hurt at those words, Raelle taking her hand to comfort her. "Oh, that's rude. That's the sort of man I am now, am I? Rude. Rude and not ginger." The Doctor continued, rambling on.

"I'm sorry. Who is this?" Harriet Jones asked, very confused.
"I'm the Doctor."

"He's the Doctor." Raelle reiterated.

"But what happened to my Doctor? Or is it a title that's just passed on?" Harriet continued.
" I'm him. I'm literally him. Same man, new face. Well, new everything."

"But you can't be."

"Harriet Jones, we were trapped in Downing Street and the one thing that scared you wasn't the aliens, it wasn't the war, it was the thought of your mother being on her own."

"Oh, my God."

"Did you win the election?" The Doctor asked, smiling at Harriet.

"Landslide majority."

"If I might interrupt." The Sycorax bellowed at the group, annoyed at the attention taken off the important matter at hand.

"Yes, sorry. Hello, big fellow." The Doctor laughed, turning around to face the leader.

"Who exactly are you?"

"Well, that's the question."

"I demand to know who you are!"

"I don't know!" The Doctor bellowed, imitating the Sycorax Leader. "See, there's the thing. I'm the Doctor, but beyond that, I just don't know. I literally do not know who I am. It's all untested. Am I funny? Am I sarcastic? Sexy?" He winked at Raelle, causing her to blush. "Right old misery? Life and soul? Right handed? Left handed? A gambler? A fighter? A coward? A traitor? A liar? A nervous wreck? I mean, judging by the evidence, I've certainly got a gob." He rambled, walking around the ship. "And how am I going to react when I see this, a great big threatening button. A great big threatening button which must not be pressed under any circumstances, am I right? Let me guess. It's some sort of control matrix, hmm? Hold on, what's feeding it?

The Doctor opens the base of the pillar under the button to see a form of red liquid in the centre. "And what've we got here?" He dips his finger into it, tasting it in his mouth. "Blood? Yeah, definitely blood. Human blood. A Positive, with just a dash of iron. Ah." He wipes his finger on the dressing gown. This man is completely insane Raelle thought. "But that means blood control. Blood control! Oh, I haven't seen blood control for years. You're controlling all the A Positives. Which leaves us with a great big stinking problem. Because I really don't know who I am. I don't know when to stop. So if I see a great big threatening button which should never, ever, ever be pressed, then I just want to do this." He hits the button.

Harriet and Rose shout "No" to The Doctor, thinking of the countless number of people standing on rooftops, jumping to their death.

"You killed them!" Alex exclaimed in shock.

The Doctor crossed his arms, turning to face the leader. "What do you think, big fellow? Are they dead?" 

"We allow them to live."

"Allow? You've no choice. I mean, that's all blood control is. A cheap bit of voodoo. Scares the pants off you, but that's as far as it goes. It's like hypnosis. You can hypnotise someone to walk like a chicken or sing like Elvis. You can't hypnotise them to death. Survival instinct's too strong."

"Blood control was just one form of conquest. I can summon the armada and take this world by force." The leader threatened. 

"Well, yeah, you could, yeah, you could do that, of course you could." The Doctor agreed. "But why? Look at these people. These human beings. Consider their potential. From the day they arrive on the planet and blinking step into the sun, there is more to see than can ever be seen. More to do than. No, hold on. Sorry, that's The Lion King." Raelle can't help but laugh, the Doctor looking to her, smiling. "But the point still stands. Leave them alone!" He shouted, turning serious again. 

"Or what?" The Sycorax challenged. 

"Or..." The Doctor looked around. He takes a sword from a nearby sycorax, running back towards the TADRIS. The group following hastily behind. "I challenge you."

The Sycorax burts into laughter, echoing throughout the ship. 

"Oh, that struck a chord. Am I right that the sanctified rules of combat still apply?" 

"You stand as this world's champion." The Sycorax retorted. 

"Thank you. I've no idea who I am, but you just summed me up." The Doctor responded, smiling, shaking off the dressing gown and throwing it at Rose. "So, you accept my challenge? Or are you just a cranak pel casacree salvak?"

The Leader of the Sycorax looks offended, making his mind up that he definitely wants to battle the Doctor. "For the planet?"

"For the planet."

The Doctor and the Sycorax clash swords, battling each other in combat. The Group stand back, watching in shock with what's happening. The leader is clear to be a more experienced swordsman, the Doctor retreating up a tunnel.

"Bit of fresh air?" The Doctor jokes. The Doctor rushes outside, into the daylight. He is driven back to the edge, and hit on the nose. Raelle and Rose try to run to him.

"Stay back! Invalidate the challenge and he wins the planet." 

The leader knocks the Doctor on the edge of the ship and weilds his sword up and cuts the Dcotor's hand clean off. Raelle and Rose gasp in shock. He has no hand. The sword and a hand fall to Earth.

"You cut my hand off."

"Ya! Sycorax!" The Sycorax rejoices. 

"And now I know what sort of man I am. I'm lucky. Because quite by chance I'm still within the first fifteen hours of my regeneration cycle, which means I've got just enough residual cellular energy to do this." He stands, facing the leader with a smirk on his face. Lifting his hand that was just cut off, a new hand starts to grow. Raelle has definitely seen it all. She looks to Rose to see she's just as shocked as her. 

"Witchcraft." The Sycorax spits. 

"Time Lord." The Doctor retorts.

Raelle looks around the group, spotting a sword hidden by the entrance. She races to grab it. "Doctor!" She shouts, getting his attention. She throws him the sword, hoping he can win. He smiles gratefully at her. 

"Want to know the best bit? This new hand? It's a fighting hand!" The Doctor teases the Sycorax. 
They fight again, battling with the swords. The Doctor manages to disarm the Sycorax and thumps both hilts into its abdomen, twice. It falls, right on the edge, overlooking London.

The Doctor smiles down at the Sycorax, menacingly "I win."

"Then kill me." 

"I'll spare your life if you'll take this Champion's command. Leave this planet, and never return. What do you say?"

"Yes."

"Swear on the blood of your species."

"I swear."

"There we are, then. Thanks for that. Cheers, big fellow." He turns away, walking over to the group. 

"Bravo!"Harriet rejoices. 

"That says it all. Bravo!" Rose smiles. 

'Ah, not bad for a man in his jim-jams." The Doctor laughs, looking down at the group in admiration. Rose helps him on with the dressing gown.

"Very Arthur Dent. Now, there was a nice man. Hold on." He pauses. "What have I got in here? A satsuma. Ah, that friend of your mothers. He does like his snacks doesn't he? But doesn't that just sum up Christmas? You go through all those presents and right at the end, tucked away at the bottom, there's always one stupid old satsuma. Who wants a satsuma?" He laughs, causing the group to laugh with him as they walk off back to the TARDIS. 

Without anyone noticing, the Sycorax leader gets up, grabbing his sword and runs at the Doctor's back. The Doctor throws the satsuma at a control on the spaceship hull, a piece of the wing opens up and the leader falls to his death.

"No second chances. I'm that sort of a man."

*:・゚✧*:・゚

The Doctor turns to face the remaining Sycorax, looking up at them. "By the ancient rites of combat, I forbid you to scavenge here for the rest of time. And when go you back to the stars and tell others of this planet, when you tell them of it's riches, it's people, it's potential. When you talk of the Earth, then make sure that you tell them this. It is defended." He shouts angrily, threatening them. 

He closes the TARDIS doors, with Raelle, Rose, Mickey and Harriet safely in, beaming them away back home. 

*:・゚✧*:・゚

"Where are we?" Rose asked, emerging from the TARDIS. 

"We're just off Bloxom Road. We're just round the corner, we did it!" Mickey shouts happily, can't believing they fought off aliens on Christmas Day. They all watch the spaceship fly away, smiles on their face, as it will never return to Earth again. 

"Go on, my son! Oh, yeah!" Mickey whistles after the ship. 

"Yeah! Don't come back!" Raelle screams. 

"It is defended!" Rose shouts after the ship, laughing. The trio all hug each other, with Rose going to hug Alex too, who looks incredibly flustered. 

"My Doctor." Harriet smiles fondly at the Doctor. 

"Prime Minister." He smiles back, bringing her into a hug. 

"Absolutely the same man." She smiles, breaking from the hug. "Are there many more out there?" She asks, a underlying serious tone to her voice. 

"Oh, not just Sycorax. Hundreds of species. Thousands of them. And the human race is drawing attention to itself. Every day you're sending out probes and messages and signals. This planet's so noisy. You're getting noticed more and more. You'd better get used to it." He warned, in a somewhat jokey tone. 

"Rose! Raelle!" 

The sisters turn to see their mum running down the street toward them! 

"Mum!" They both exclaimed, both running over to hug her. 

"Oh, talking of trouble." The Doctor laughs, watching the girls hug their mother. 

"Oh, my God! You did it, Oh!" Jackie exclaims excitedly. 

"You did it too! It was the tea. Fixed his head." Raelle explains to her mum, a big smile on her face. 

"That was all I needed, cup of tea." The Doctor walks over the the group, smiling at the sight. 

"Is it him, though? Is it really the Doctor?" She asks incredulously. She peers over his shoulder. "Oh, my God, it's the bleeding Prime Minister!" She laughs. 

"Come here, you." The Doctor laughs back, bringing all three girls into a group hug. Rose beckoned over Mickey to join them, a nice sentimental moment of peace after the events of the day.

The sentimental hug didn't last too long, being interrupted by a big green beam streaking up into the sky, into space, exploding the Sycorax's ship into smithereens. Raelle looked up to the sky, horrified by the sight. 

"What was that!" Rose asked, the same horrified look on her face. 

"That was murder." The Doctor replied, anger evident on his face as he looked at the Prime Minister. 

"That was defence. It's adapted from alien technology. A ship that fell to Earth ten years ago." Harriet argued. 

"But they were leaving!" The Doctor shouted back. 

"You said yourself, Doctor, they'd go back to the stars and tell others about the Earth. I'm sorry, Doctor, but you're not here all the time. You come and go. It happened today. Mister Llewellyn and the Major, they were murdered. They died right in front of me while you were sleeping. In which case we have to defend ourselves." Harriet responded, not effected by her actions, eliminating an entire species. 

"Britain's Golden Age" The Doctor said bitterly.

"It comes with a price."

"I gave them the wrong warning. I should've told them to run as fast as they can, run and hide because the monsters are coming. The human race." He heatedly said, walking up to Harriet. 

"Those are the people I represent. I did it on their behalf."

"Then I should have stopped you."

"What does that make you, Doctor? Another alien threat?" Harriet threatened. 

"Don't challenge me, Harriet Jones, because I'm a completely new man. I could bring down your Government with a single word." He shouted at her, anger taking control of him. 

"You're the most remarkable man I've ever met, but I don't think you're quite capable of that." She retorted. 

"No, you're right. Not a single word, just six."

"I don't think so."

"Six words." He repeated in a low menacing tone. 

"Stop it!" She shouted at him, wide eyes. 

"Six." He repeated, making his way over to Alex and whispering in his ear.  "Don't you think she looks tired?"

The Doctor walks away from the pair, back to the group, holding out his hands for both Rose and Raelle to take as they leave the Prime Minister behind, shouting after him. 

"Doctor! Doctor, what did you? What was that? What did he say? What did you say, Doctor? Doctor! I'm sorry." 

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Back at the Tyler's flat, the Doctor had gone into the TARDIS to change out of his pyjamas, and the family were left to attempt some sort of Christmas day dinner. Rose and Jackie were in the kitchen, finishing the last minute food preparations. Raelle was still in a cheery festive mood, which seemed to radiate through the entire family, her smile never faltering as she teased Mickey as he carved the turkey. The front door opens, with the Doctor emerging, standing in the hallway. Raelle turns to face him, a big smile on her face, inviting him to sit down and join them. He can't help but not smile at the look of joy on her face. 

The dinner had to be the best one Raelle can remember, laughter about saving Christmas Day from an alien species, The Doctor's stories about his travels, embarrassing stories told from Jackie about her daughters, to much Rose and Raelle protested about. They pulled crackers, with everyone putting on their paper hat as part of the festive spirit. 

In the background, the TV is playing a press conference, with Harriet Jones the main feature. The Doctor sits on the sofa, watching intently at the Prime Ministers responses. 

REPORTER - Prime Minister, is it true you are no longer fit to be in position?

HARRIET - No. Now, can we talk about other things?

REPORTER- Is it true you're unfit for office?

HARRIET - Look, there is nothing wrong with my health. I don't know where these stories are coming from. And a vote of no confidence is completely unjustified.

REPORTER- Are you going to resign?

HARRIET-  On today of all days, I'm fine. Look at me, I'm fine. I look fine, I feel fine.

Jackie walks up to the Doctor, talking to her daughters too. "It's Beth. She says go and look outside."

"Why?" Raelle asked.

"I don't know, just go outside and look. Come on, shift!" 

*:・゚✧*:・゚

As they step outside, the ground is covered with white flakes falling from the sky. Almost like snow. Streaks of light cris-cross the dark night sky. "Oh, it's beautiful. What are they, meteors?" Raelle asks the Doctor, looking intently up at the sky. 

"It's the spaceship breaking up in the atmosphere. This isn't snow, it's ash." He corrected. 

"Okay, not so beautiful." Rose responds, sarcastically. 

"This is a brand new planet Earth. No denying the existence of aliens now. Everyone saw it. Everything's new." The Doctor states, deep in thought as he thought about the reaction of the human race today. 

"And what about you? What are you going to do next?" Rose asked him, nervously, tilting her head to watch his response.

"Well, back to the Tardis. Same old life." He replied, walking towards the TARDIS.

"On your own?" Raelle wondered, looking him in the eye. 

The Doctor looked down on the younger sister, a look of fondness in his eye. "Why, do you want to come?"

"Oh, I don't want to intervene with you and Rose" She replies, shifting, looking down at the ground. 

"Well, I don't even know if Rose wants to come!"

"I do!" Rose yelped, scared she'll be left behind. 

"Do you though? I just thought, because I changed."

"Yeah, I thought, because you changed you might not want me anymore."

"Oh, I'd love you to come," He smiled at Rose. "Elle." Raelle looked back up to the Doctor, a big smile on his face. "You were absolutely brilliant today, standing up to an alien race to defend your planet with no prior knowledge about aliens at all! Absolutely brilliant. I would love for you to come with us, with me." She looked at the Doctor, considering his offer. She didn't really have to consider it, she knew straight away she would want to. Taking the Doctor by surprise, she wrapped her arms around his neck, engulfing him in a massive hug. The Doctor laughed. "I'll take that as a yes then."

"You're never going to stay, are you?" Mickey asked to Rose, a sad look on his face. 

"There's just so much out there. So much to see. I've got to."

"Yeah." Mickey replied. Raelle couldn't help but feel bad for the boy. Always waiting for her sister to return. She had seen it first hand, how heartbroken he was whenever Rose would disappear with the Doctor. She walked over to him and gave his hand a gentle squeeze which is responded with a grateful smile back at the girl. "I'll miss you too Rae, so much."

"Well, I reckon you're mad, the pair of you. It's like you go looking for trouble." Jackie scolded her daughters, trying her best not to get emotional. 

"Trouble's just the bits in-between. It's all waiting out there, Jackie, and it's brand new to me. All those planets, and creatures and horizons. I haven't seem them yet! Not with these eyes. And it is going to be fantastic." He replied, looking fondly down on the two sisters in front of him. 

"That hand of yours still gives me the creeps." Raelle joked, with the Doctor. He held his hand out to her, which she took gratefully. Both of them didn't notice the strange course of energy flow between them when they held hands, both too happy in the moment to notice. He held his other hand out to Rose for her to take. 

"So, where're we going to go first?" Rose asked excitedly, standing on the other side of the Doctor.

"Er, that way. No, hold on. That way." He pointed up at the sky. 

"That way?" Raelle pointed to the same point the Doctor was looking at, eyes wide with excitement for what was to follow. 

The Doctor looked down at Raelle, a small smile slipping onto his face. The look in her eyes of pure excitement made the man's heart flutter a tad - not that he would ever admit that, must be the regeneration- and he couldn't wait to travel across space and time with the girl. Rose, from beside him, cleared her throat, eyeing the two of them and narrowing her eyes at the look in the Doctor's eyes. 

"Hmm?" The Doctor turned to look at Rose, flustered.

"Yeah, that way." Rose responded, laughing. 

Rose had accepted the Doctor, even with a new face, a huge smile engulfing her face. Raelle looked up to where the Doctor was pointing and smiled. She couldn't wait to travel the universe with her sister and The Doctor. Best. Christmas. Ever. 

Word Count - 3948 

END OF CHRISTMAS INVASION <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 418 12
DOCTOR WHO | 9 & 10 -"Weirdo!" ------> She was found alone and in pain, scorch marks and burnt wings. He was searching around space and time for any...
13.3K 546 24
When Nine regenerates into Ten, Rose feels like she needs to adjust to the change and get to know this new Doctor, like she did the old one. But even...
10 By TOCLDJA

Fanfiction

2.5K 98 14
16.9K 1.1K 25
~Book 2 in TenRose "Journeys" 2 part story. (The Slow Path ~ Long Way 'Round) It's 4 years forward for Rose and the Doctor, and they're faced with ne...