Red Roses:Vale Saga(Ruby Rose...

By stonebud05

(Volumes 1-3) You have known Ruby Rose for as long as you were both were kids and have been together since ha... More

Vol. 1 Episode 0:Intro
Vol. 1 Episode 1:Ruby Rose
Vol. 1 Episode 2:The shining Beacon part 1
Vol. 1 Episode 3:The Shining Beacon Part 2
Vol. 1 Episode 4: The First Step
Vol. 1 Episode 5:The first step part 2
Vol. 1 Episode 6:Emerald Forest
Vol. 1 Episode 7:Emerald Forest Part 2
Vol. 1 Episode 8:Players and Pieces
Vol. 1 Episode 8.5:Special Episode
Vol. 1 Episode 9:The Badge and the Burden
Vol. 1 Episode 10:The Badge and the Burden part 2
Vol. 1 Episode 11:Jaunedice
Vol. 1 Episode 12:Jaunedice part 2
Vol.1 Episode 12.5:Special Episode 2
Vol. 1 Episode 13:Forever Fall
Vol. 1 Episode 14:Forever Fall part 2
Vol. 1 Episode 15:The Stray
Vol. 1 Episode 16:Black and White
"Blue" Trailer
Vol. 2 Episode 1:Best Day Ever
Vol. 2 Episode 2:Welcome to Beacon
Vol. 2 Episode 3:A Minor Hiccup
Vol. 2 Episode 4:Painting the Town...
Vol. 2 Episode 5:Extracurricular
Vol. 2 Episode 5.5:Special Episode 3
Vol. 2 Episode 6:Burning the Candle
Vol. 2 Episode 7:Dance Dance Infiltration
Special Episode:Bios
Vol. 2 Episode 8:Field Trip
Vol. 2 Episode 9:Search and Destroy
Vol. 2 Episode 10:Mountain Glenn
Vol. 2 Episode 11:No Brakes
Vol. 2 Episode 12:Breach
Vol. 3 Episode 1:First Round
Vol. 3 Episode 2:New Challengers...
Vol. 3 Episode 3:It's Brawl in the Family
Vol. 3 Episode 4.5:Special Episode 4
Volume 3 Episode 5:Never Miss a Beat
Volume 3 Episode 6:Fall
Vol. 3 Episode 7:Beginning of the End
Vol. 3 Episode 8:Destiny
Vol. 3 Episode 9:PvP
Vol. 3 Episode 10:Battle of Beacon
Special Episode:Grimmdark Bios
Vol. 3 Episode 11:Heroes and Monsters
Vol. 3 Episode 12:End of the Beginning
Announcement:Mistral Saga out now

Vol. 3 Episode 4:Lessons Learned

35 1 0
By stonebud05

Location:Amity Colosseum
Time of Day:Afternoon

Other pov:

At Amity, the next match was about to begin.

Port:Ladies and Gentlemen! Emerald and Mercury of Haven, versus Coco and Yatsuhashi of Beacon!

Velvet:Good luck, you two!

The arena then chose 4 fields to choose from in each quarter. A grass plains, a city ruins, a geyser, and a forest. Before the match started the two sides participated in a pre round chat.

Coco:Hey! Love the outfit, kid!

Emerald:I'll try not to get blood on it.

Yatsuhashi:I can't promise you'll leave without a scratch.

Emerald:I won't be the one bleeding.

Coco:Ooh, I like her!

Port:Three, two, one, begin!

Mercury and Emerald immediately went into the grass plains and were no longer visible due to the tall grass. Coco then pulled out her Gatling Gun and started firing into the large grass. After awhile Coco stopped after realizing that the two weren't there anymore.

Coco:Huh?

Blake:Look out!

Coco then looked up to see Mercury about to attack her. Yatsuhashi was able to push Mercury back just in time.

Sun:He's good!

Scarlet:Yeah, but where's the girl?

Mercury then kicked away Coco's weapon while still dodging Yatsuhashi's sword. The battle continued between the three until chains began to pull Coco back.

Yatsuhashi:Coco!

Coco was dragged into the forest area while Yatsuhashi continued to fight Mercury. Coco got up and looked down to see her sunglasses shattered.

Coco:I take it back; I don't like her.

Emerald then started to fight Coco from the trees.

Yatsuhashi:Coco!

Coco:Watch out, she's in the trees!

Port:Oh, and with that final blow, Yatsuhashi is eliminated!

Coco:What!?

Emerald then came up behind her and knocked Coco out. Sending her flying across to the center of the stage.

Oobleck:And with an amazing upset, Emerald and Mercury are victorious!

Location:City of Vale
Time of Day:Afternoon

Other pov:

Weiss and Winter were spending time together at a small Pavilion in the city.

Weiss:You're... leaving?

Winter:Yes. I was merely needed to oversee the transport of additional units to Vale. Our last shipment was lost to an ambush. I believe you had a run-in with its cargo, actually. It's fortunate those Paladins were in the prototype stage; otherwise your team may not have fared so well.
Weiss, you've done... well, out here, on your own. You should be proud. I'll be honest, it was quite amusing seeing Father's face the day you left for Beacon!

Weiss:I can't wait to show him what I learned!

Winter:Oh? Then what do you think you've learned?

Weiss:What do you mean? I'm getting better and better with my glyphs! I've even started Time Dilation!

Winter:And what of your Summoning?

Weiss:I... *sigh* You know I can't.

Winter:Don't be ridiculous. Every Schnee has the ability to summon. We have for generations.

Weiss:I've tried! It's just... it's the one thing I've been having trouble with!

Winter:We Schnees are unique. Unlike many, our Semblance is hereditary. But that doesn't mean it will come easily. Your Semblance is like a muscle. The more you practice with it, the stronger it will become. But if you only focus on one aspect of it...

Winter then used her semblance to summon a white and blue Beowolf.

Winter:If you fail to test the limits of what you think is possible, then you'll never truly grow.

Location:Beacon Dorms
Time of Day:Afternoon

Me and Uncle Qrow were playing video games while (Y/N) and Yang was watching us play.

Ruby:You'll never beat me, old man!

Qrow:You're nothing but talk, kid!

Yang:You can do it, Ruby!

The two of us continued to play until Qrow beat me.

Yang:Ouch.

Qrow:And by the way, don't ever call me old.

Yang:My turn!

Qrow:Now, where was I?

Ruby:You were telling us about your last mission!

Qrow:Right, right... I'd come across a small village in the swamps west of Mistral. Right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right.

Ruby: What were you doing there?

Qrow: I needed information. Tired from battling Grimm along the way, I decided to start my search at the town's inn. The place was crawling with lowlifes and thugs, even a few Huntsmen that I could only assume had been hired by less-than reputable people for less-than respectable jobs. And that's when it happened.

Yang:What happened?

Qrow:I was defeated... by the mere sight... of the innkeeper's skirt length!

Yang:You are the worst!

Qrow:Best two out of three?

Ruby:So, Uncle Qrow, did you get in trouble with Ozpin?

Qrow:Nah, me and Oz go way back. We're cool.

Yang:Cool for an old guy.

Qrow:Not funny.

Ruby: So, what are you doing here anyway? I thought Dad said that you would be on a mission, for like... ever.

Qrow:Well, a professional Huntsman like myself is expected to get results, as soon as possible.

Ruby:Yeeeeaaaah, I get that. We're pretty much pros, too.

Qrow:Oh, really?

Yang:Psch, yeah! Read the news sometime. We totally saved Vale while you were gone.

Qrow: Funny, because I heard Vale suffered a Grimm attack after you almost managed to stop a train. But they don't give out medals for almost.

Ruby:They do, and it's called silver!

Yang:Well, we helped take down Roman Torchwick! He's locked up in Ironwood's ship and crime's been down ever since! That's basically a bounty mission!

(Y/N):We also took out Dr. Merlot in the North of the Kingdom. If weren't for us... his fuckin Mutant Grimm would be everywhere!

Qrow:Sure, you may be acting like a Huntsman and Huntresses, but you're not thinking like one. You really think four girls, one guy, and their friends could end all crime in a Kingdom?

Ruby:I mean, I did until you said that...

Qrow:Violence hasn't dropped since Roman got nabbed; it's stopped, completely. No White Fang activity anywhere around the city. You cut off the head of the King Taijitu, but now the second head's calling the shots. That's what Ironwood can't get through that thick metal head of his.

Yang:You... know the General?

Qrow:Hey, I know everybody to some extent. Remember, you're talking to a member of the coolest team that graduated Beacon!

Qrow then pulled out a picture of Mom, Dad, Himself, and some lady I don't know. Apparently, they were Team STRQ.

Qrow:Hah, Team STRQ... That's where I met your parents. We were pretty well known back in the day. Your Dad helped out a lot with stuff, (Y/N). It's how Tai, Summer, Raven, and Me know him and were good friends...

Ruby:You were probably well known for your crummy fashion sense!

Qrow:Hey, we looked good! And I have a number of inappropriate stories to back that up! But, I'll save those for when you're older.

Ruby:Oh, gross!

(Y/N):Think that's gross...? Wait until you hear the stories Gray tells.

Qrow:Anyways, I'm too old to be hanging out with a bunch of kids. You're gonna cramp my style. Look, just remember that you've still got a long way to go... And don't think for a second that graduating means you're done. Every day out there is worth a week in this place. You three, you're gonna go far. But only if you keep learning; if you never stop moving forward.

Qrow then left the room.

(Y/N):I better start getting ready. Me and Violet are up soon...

Location:City of Vale
Time of Day:Afternoon

Other pov:

Weiss was training on her Summoning ability. Winter began to train her.

Winter:Excellent form! Now think to your fallen foes! The ones who forced you to push past where you were, and become who you are now. Think of them, and watch as they come to your side.

Weiss:I can't!

Winter:Stop doubting yourself!

Weiss:I'm trying!

Winter:If this is what you call trying, then you have no hope of winning the tournament, let alone succeeding as a Huntress! Why don't you just move back home? I'm sure Father would give you a nice job as a receptionist!

Weiss:I don't need his charity!

Winter:But you do need his money, don't you?

Weiss:What!? How did you know about that!?

Winter:Lucky guess. I may have been in a similar situation when I joined the military. So what have you done this time?

Weiss:Well, that's the thing: I'm really not sure! I went to pay for lunch the other day, but the card didn't work!

Winter:How embarrassing.

Weiss:I know! Well, it was! Why would he cut me off like that?

Winter:Perhaps so that you'd stop avoiding him and call home.

Weiss then tried harder on her semblance training.

Winter:Emotions can grant you strength. But you must never let them overpower you. It sounds to me like you have two choices in front of you. You can either call him, beg for his money back, and explain once more why you would want to study at Beacon over Atlas, or you could continue to explore Remnant, discovering more about the world and honestly, more about yourself. It's time for me to go.

Weiss:It was really good to see you, Winter.

Winter:Until next time, sister.

Credits time

(Author's Note:I apologize for not getting this done sooner. School and Insomnia don't go well together. Hopefully, the other chapters will be easier to do)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 4.3K 20
You were a huntsman-in-training and went to the infamous Beacon Academy. You were strong on your own, and you led a strong team with teammates who co...
4.4K 57 51
My name is Silver Belladonna. My name is influenced by a movement after the Great War which made everything seem black and white, good or bad. Theref...
34.6K 454 26
You are Y/N Nikos, a student at Beacon Academy. Y/N is the leader of Team NAAD (Nightshade), which one of the best teams alongside Team STRQ. So natu...
166K 2.6K 43
(ALL ART THAT ARE IN THIS STORY ARE MADE BY ME) You are Y/N, that's the only thing you remember from your past, people call you Y/N, and people call...