That Day (Seijuro Akashi Fanf...

By LynEmpress

[Seijuro Akashi X OC] Every single day with him was memorable and unforgettable. It had been carved onto my h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Da Random Challenge
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Author's Final Babbling
Special Chapter: Merry Christmas!

Chapter 13

12.3K 439 299
By LynEmpress

"A simple 'I love you' means more than money." - Frank Sinatra

XIII.

"Yurika-san~" a voice sang. It was the last voice that I wanted to hear.

I turned around and offered him a smile. "Hey, Katou-kun," I greeted. "How are you?"

Hideki Katou was my suitor. I have rejected him many times before but he was best friends with perseverance. It's been a while since I've last talked to him but he was nothing to worry about. He wooed me many times, trying to win me with various gifts and many more. I was not in love back then so maybe that's why he was trying hard to make me love him. So maybe now...

"I'm doing great," He replied with a smile and I mirrored his expression, except that it was forced. I turned back to the shelves and searched for books. "Um, Yurika-san?"

"Yes?" I asked as I continue to browse on the bookshelves, not searching for something in particular. I just wanted him to take the hint that I'm busy so he'll leave me alone.

He took a deep breath. "I love you," he said suddenly that made me drop the books I was holding. Darn, that really caught me off guard.

Katou-kun bent down to pick up my books and I helped him. I giggled nervously. "Why so sudden...?" I mumbled but loud enough for him to hear. He chuckled and shook his head.

"I just feel like saying it," He said as he picked up the last book. "I'm sorry, it caught you off guard, isn't it?"

I gave him a wry smile as a response as he handed me the books. "Katou-kun, you're a really nice guy and--"

"Yurika-san, please go out with me."

My mouth went ajar and I bit my lower lip then looked away. "Katou-kun, I--" I'm already in love with someone else...

He held me by the shoulders and I almost dropped my books again. My back collided with the bookshelves that caused it to shake a bit. He looked intently into my eyes, determination clear. "Please."

I was about to reject again when a thick encyclopedia book flew straight to Katou-kun's face.

"Katou-kun!" I called out his name as he fell to the floor, groaning in pain and holding out his face. I bent down and examined his face. "Are you alright?"

"I'm sorry, the book suddenly flew out of my hands." A very familiar voice said. I looked behind to see Akashi making his way to us with a blank expression.

I gasped. Of all people, it was Akashi who saw me all around Katou-kun. I felt a tad bit embarrassed. "Akashi..." I muttered. How can a book just fly out of his hands, especially hitting it solidly to someone's face? It was as if he did it on purpose but why?

"Are you okay? Shall we take you to the infirmary?" Akashi asked, his voice cool and not showing any emotion.

"No, I'm good." Katou-kun groaned and held on his face. Then suddenly, blood oozed out of his nose and it made me panic.

"You're not good at all!" I exclaimed. I was lucky that there are not much people coming to the library anyway. And the librarian could care less about the noise. I helped Katou-kun stand up. "We should definitely take you to the infirmary, like right now!"

I placed my books on a vacant area on the shelf as I gripped on Katou-kun's arm, helping him up. Then he slightly stumbled to his feet, making him wrap his arms around me, practically hugging me to regain balance.

I shifted my gaze back at Akashi who was looking at Katou-kun in a glaring manner. His aura gave off an intimidating feel before he masked it up with a blank stare. "Let me help you."

Akashi just literally pulled me off of Katou-kun who was sticking to me like glue. It earned another groan from him and I sighed, a little bit of his blood soaked my sleeve.

We accompanied Katou-kun to the infirmary but of course we were not safe from the confused gazes of the students passing by.

I apologized once again to him while Akashi remained deadpan. I sighed before getting out of the infirmary with him, leaving Katou-kun inside because he needed rest.

From the look on Akashi's face, he seemed relieved and satisfied like he had accomplished something. And I frowned in confusion.

"Akashi," I called out as we walk side by side.

"What?" He deadpanned, his eyes focused on the way.

"Did you do it on purpose?" I asked meekly, not wanting to sound like I was judging or blaming him. "I'm not going to judge, I just want to know."

Akashi smirked. "Why would I do such a thing?" He asked like an innocent child then glanced at me. "Besides, who is he?"

"He's Katou-kun, a friend of mine." I replied simply.

He narrowed his eyes. "Really? Isn't he a bit too chummy that he was becoming quite touchy towards you?"

I bit my lower lip and looked away. "He tried to asked me out," I trailed off, not sure of what to say. "And before I could say anything, your book came flying out of nowhere and it was such sheer coincidence that it landed on Katou-kun's face." I decided to say, surprised that my voice was laced with mild suspicion.

"Is that so? I see." Was his short reply. "If by any means, would you say yes?"

Why is he suddenly interested in this topic? I suddenly felt awkward.

"Um, well," I pondered for a while. "he asked me out a million times before and I've already rejected a million times." I shrugged and sighed. "He'll probably come around to ask me out again sooner or later." I mumbled. "And I kind of feel tired of continuing to reject him. He just can't take the hint."

Akashi just smirked. "You are so innocent."

I glanced at him then back at the way. Then silence filled the whole atmosphere and I didn't mind that. Just walking side by side with him is enough for me.

After class, a classmate approached me. "Sendo, someone is calling for you."

I shifted my gaze to the door and saw Katou-kun waiting. He smiled at me and waved. I looked away and practically made a sour expression on the window which nobody saw. Mental face palm.

I arranged my things and stole a glance at Akashi and I was surprised to see him staring back at me with impassive face. I blushed then walked pass him, his eyes following me.

I offered Katou-kun a friendly smile. "Katou-kun," I greeted. "Are you alright now?"

"Yes," He said simply then scratched the back of his neck. "Sorry to make you worry."

Actually, I was not that worried. How cruel of me.

I just smiled. "What brings you here?"

"Um, Yurika-san," He started blushing.

"What is it? You can tell me," I urged him.

"I didn't get your answer earlier so--"

"Yurika," Akashi suddenly interrupted, his eyes shooting daggers at Katou-kun. "Let's go."

Wait, what?

"Huh?" I managed to utter and my eyebrows furrowed.

Akashi smiled sweetly at me and it left me breathless. This was the sweetest smile he had given me. "You really are innocent." He remarked and made his way to me. "That's why I love you."

What. WHAT.

I just stared at the redhead in front of me with blank eyes, jaw dropped and shoulders slumped, my bag fell to the floor. I was at lost for words. What the freaking fudge is he talking about?

That's why I love you.

His statements kept on repeating in my head like a broken record. Oh, my God! I've gone nuts!

"Excuse me, Akashi-san," Katou-kun suddenly broke our staring contest. "But what do you mean by that?"

"Oh, my," He smirked as he stared at Katou-kun. "Didn't Yurika already told you?"

"Tell what?" Katou-kun asked and shifted his gaze at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows and stared at Akashi. "Tell what?"

Akashi held my hand that drove me crazy. I was close to hyperventilating as he stared at me with those heterochromatic eyes that was like dancing with an emotion I couldn't decipher and lips curled into a smile that melted me like a snow in hot summer.

"I've already claimed her as mine."

In the loving memory of Yurika Sendo. You will be forever cherished and remembered.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm in a little rush so author's note is quick! And by the way, first day's a blast. Lol

Thank you for reading/commenting/voting! I love you guys! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613K 32.7K 108
AKASHI SEIJUUROU/SEIJURO FANFICTION. ➪ 11-03-14 | 07-01-15
81.1K 1.5K 21
this is a knb(kurokos basketball) and haikyuu crossover this is my first story although I write texting storys on YouTube Hinata has always been a sp...
46.1K 1.1K 16
What would destiny will offer for the absolutely perfect emperor? Akashi Seijuro never thought that things would end up the way he didn't assume in h...
1.5M 36.9K 62
Watch him put his basketball talents aside as he uses his romance skills to try to score something much more important than any two- or three-pointer...