𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 || TVD

נכתב על ידי Only-Lu

Time was precious. she wished she would have realised that sooner. The thing about life was that it was unpre... עוד

𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐜 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐲

𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

36 2 0
נכתב על ידי Only-Lu

Abrielle's Pov.

Wishes, hopes, dreams. They were all a scam. You learn that when you see how harsh the world really is.

It's not like they would come true, because I only had one wish, one hope, and one dream.

And it was to be reunited with my family and that was impossible. My parents were dead, dead, dead. As dead as you could get. There was no coming back for them and I knew that.

And then there was my twin brother... He was trying to protect me- he did protect me. But it only led to his downfall. He killed the man who intended on killing me and triggered his curse. It was all my fault. And maybe I should have felt grateful that my brother had saved me but all I felt right now was guilt.

What was I supposed to do now? I was alone. I had no one.

I couldn't trigger my curse. I couldn't end up like my brother and the rest of the pack. I wouldn't let that be my life.

My head felt like it was spinning at the thought. My eyes couldn't stay in one spot. The room was full of too many memories, it felt like the walls were closing in on me.

I shake my head, trying to focus on my train of thought. I needed to hurry up. I managed to escape once but if I didn't pull myself together and get out of here, my family's efforts to keep me alive would all be for nothing. I needed to get out of here before they found me.

I got up from my bed quickly, desperately searching my room for my backpack. I wasn't even thinking, I was just throwing whatever I could find into a bag.

I didn't know where I was going in that moment I just knew that anywhere was safer than New Orleans right now.

I walk down the hall, stopping at the family photo on the wall. I sigh as I lift my hand and it brushed over the happy family photo. The smile that used to permanently rest on my features was now replaced with a scowl and blank expression with tears staining my cheeks. Nothing good ever came from this city. Only pain.

I lift down the photo setting it on the floor exposing the safe that hid behind it.

Luckily enough my family had always been prepared in the instance if everything went south. I twisted the dial entering the combination, hearing a click with every correct digit.
As it opened I quickly stuffed some of the money into my backpack before closing it once again, making sure it was locked and that the picture was put back in its place.

I had to do this. I had to survive. For my family.

I threw my bag over my shoulder and made my way down the stairs trying not to cry as walked past the memories on the walls.

I stop at the door before looking over my shoulder for one last look. And with that, I opened the door and left.

It was dark, yet the streets were as busy as ever. I kept my head down and tried to keep to the shadows. I scanned the area, making sure that I wasn't being followed.

I look around once more, and everything looked clear so I ducked around the corridor. I pulled my phone from my pocket, and quickly unlocked it, pressing on contacts.

I scrolled to the letter S, searching for the right name.
Sanchez, no. Sanders, no. Saxon, no.

There you are. Scott.

I press to dial and press the phone to my ear. I leaned my head against the wall looking up at the starry sky.

The phone rang once, twice, three times until a voice spoke.

"Hello?"

"Clara, thank god"

"Abrielle?"

"Yes, yes it's me, but I don't have time. Where are you?" I answer in a hushed voice.

"I'm at home, why? What's wrong Brie? Why are you whispering?" Clara questions, worry displayed in her voice.

"They're dead Clara. My parents are dead. And Aiden triggered his curse. I shouldn't be alive right now Clara, they're after me. The vampires Clara. I need your help." I respond rushed, looking around making sure that no unwanted ears were listening in.

"Oh my god Brie. Tell me where you are. I'm coming now."

"No. No, listen to me. Stay where you are. You'll be safer there. I need to leave town, but there are eyes and ears everywhere. I need you to call Graham. I need him to help me get out of the City." I explain. My brain was in overdrive, and my options of what to do or where to go still being undecided.

"Of course, of course, I'll call him now. But Abrielle what about Nick?" Clara asks.

"He's not safe with me Clara. I know this is a lot to ask of you, but could you look after him, till things die down? He'll be safer with you."

"Yeah, yeah, Of course, Brie."

"Tell him I love him and that I'll see him soon." I tense hearing footsteps, "I need to go."

Before Clara could say anything more I hung up. I hated to put so much pressure on the girl but I didn't have much choice.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here? A runaway dog."

I quickly turned around to face the vampire. The wicked grin on his lips caused shivers to crawl down my spine. I glared at the man hatefully; I recognised him almost instantly for being the monster that killed my mother.

"Boys, I found her," the vampire cackled, and not long after another four vampires appeared one after the other; all sharing the same cold vicious expressions.

I can't go down like this. I know it's five against one and my odds are low but I did not make it this far. To just die.

"You're not getting out of this one alive sweetheart," one of the vampires chuckled seeing the look of determination on my face.

"I guess we'll have to see won't we?" I say trying to display as much confidence as I could, but in reality, I was shitting it.

They didn't seem to like that answer from the look on their faces. Suddenly one vampire with jet-black hair come rushing at me grabbing ahold of my neck, pressing me up against the brick wall. I was barely touching the ground and I was struggling to catch my breath.

"Pathetic mutt." He spat as I struggled in his grip. The five bared their fangs at me inching closer to me, with nothing more than vicious intent.

"Let me go you bastards-"I spluttered feeling a bit dizzy from the lack of oxygen.

There had to be a way out of this. There had to be. I didn't want to die yet.

My eyes were glazing over realising that my minutes were numbered and that my luck was running out.

Should I just close my eyes and let it come? It seemed like it was inevitable. I was human and death, hung over me as I stood helpless to the creatures of the night.

As I prepared to take my last breath, one by one the four vampires dropped, each having their necks snapped.

The vampire who had me pressed against the wall, started wide-eyed at the lifeless bodies. I coughed feeling his grip tighten slightly, as I looked around for the culprit.

Before I could even react, he was ripped off of me and dragged into the darkness with a yell.

I looked around me shocked. I pressed my hand against the wall to help stable myself. I was alive.

My hand reached for my sore neck, looking around for the culprit who had miraculously saved me.

To my surprise I see a man step out of the shadows, and my eyes widen seeing the familiar face.

"Marcel?"

"Are you ok Brie?"

I open my mouth but no words come out. My eyes were glazed, tears threatening to fall. I shake my head.

Marcel walks over and pulls me into a hug. "I need to get you out of here Brie, it's not safe for you here right now."

"I know, I called Clara and she's calling Graham to meet me at the edge of the City."

Marcel picked up the bag that I must have dropped, handing it over to me, "Let's go," he says, taking hold of my hand, and moving towards the exit of the narrow street.

Marcel looked down at me as if to ask if I was ready and I nodded. He pulls me closer and I ready myself for the rush of motion.

And without another word we were gone, and standing on the outskirts of New Orleans.

"Fuck." My hand flies to my mouth as the feeling of nausea overwhelms me. "I'm never doing that again."

The vampire chuckles, shaking his head at me.

I spotted Graham who was watching our interaction carefully as he stepped out of his car. I looked back to Marcel, a small grateful smile resting on my lips. "Thank you, Marcel, I owe you."

"You don't owe me a thing, Brie." Marcel shakes his head, letting out a sigh, "Just stay alive for me will ya."

"I'll try." I chuckle, giving him one last look before turning around and heading to Graham's car.

I watch as Graham sends a small nod to Marcel as if to say thank you before getting back into his car.

He watched as got in, sitting down in the passenger seat. "You alright Ellie?"

I looked at Graham sadly. "they're dead, and Aiden..."

"I know I heard." He sighs, looking at me, his eyes full of sympathy. Graham had been a close ally of our family for many years, and while I could see he was keeping up a strong front, I knew he was hurting as well. We were like a second family to him, and he was basically another brother to me.

"So where are we heading?" he asks, turning on the ignition with a twist of the key.

"I'm going to Richmond, but the airport is fine," I answer, and he nods but I could tell he was a bit confused about by choice of destination.

As we take off, Graham looks over to me, "Why Richmond?"

"It's far enough away that they'll lose interest," I explain with a shrug, not going too in-depth with what my plans were.

"I suppose." he adds with a nod, "How long will you be away?"

"I don't know, could be a month, could be a year, could be longer," I explain with a weak smile. "But don't worry I'll keep in touch, your not gonna get rid of me that easily."

A light chuckle escapes his lips as he looked over at me, "You better. If you don't I'll fly out there and beat your ass." Graham teased but moves his hand to mine as he continued to drive.

"I'll miss you." He states, squeezing my hand, and I look over at him smiling.

He would forever be my family. He was a brother, not by blood, but by choice. "I'll miss you too, but I'll be back, don't you worry about that."

We drive for about ten minutes until we start to slow down.

I guess this was it.

"Keep an eye on everything, won't you? Nick will need you. I hate that I can't be there for him, but just tell him that it won't be forever and that I'll be back for him." I spoke looking over at Graham as my eyes started to water. "A-and make sure you tell him that his big sister loves him," I add stuttering slightly.

As we come to a stop, he turns to me fully, pulling me into a tight hug. "Nick will be fine," Graham reassured, before pressing a kiss on my head.

"Just be safe ok, that's all I ask."

I nod looking out at the airport. "I'll be ok. It's just temporary."

"I know..."

"I'll see you soon."

"I'll see you soon" he repeats

With that, I stepped out of the car, slinging my bag over my shoulder and glancing back at Graham, who had a little but sad smile on his lips. I sighed, knowing I had to go, and turned around, focusing on what lay ahead of me. Whatever that may be.

This wasn't a goodbye. I would be back.

As much as I hated to admit it, New Orleans was my home. And, as my mother always said, "Home is where the heart is."

And that will always be with my family.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

158K 7.4K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
135K 4.2K 45
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
249K 8.1K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...