The Bad Boy's Crush (bxb)

Av Back_home_BB

"You're mine." "W-what?!" "You heard me." The male leaned in ever so closely to Noah's ear and said from the... Mer

1) The Beginning
2) Ray Carter
3) He's your... What?!
4) Internal Confusion
5) Not again...
6) Sasha
7) Red Skulls, Black Skulls
8) Failed attempt
9) Black Skull Tattoo? Is it a family thing?
10) Family dinner
11) Blowjob
12) Riddle
13) The meeting
14) Pet? I'm sorry what?
15) Christmas Gift
16) Twisting the Truth
17) Friendship
TBBC Q&A Interview
18) Little Mermaid's hickey
19) Underwater, different person
20) Like brother, Like brother
21) By the Black Skull's Oath.
22) On the Verge of Consciousness
23) On the Verge of Conciousness (Pt.2)
24) The Lion's Den
25) Eventful Day's Eventful End
26) Missing and Murdered
28) To track down a tracker
29) Similar Yet Different
30) Caged emotions
31) The Beginning of Doubt
32) With or Without Consequence
33) Progression

27) Return

6.1K 151 343
Av Back_home_BB

Noah couldn't sleep.

It's been roughly an hour since Ray fell into a slumber.

He even visited Elijah and Priyanka to see if they were awake- which they weren't.

Both girls in Priyanka's room were asleep judging by how no answer was given when he had knocked.

Alexander had opened the door with a smile and when Noah looked past his shoulder to the bed, he indeed saw Elijah knocked out cold, sprawled across the bed.

The man offered for him to sleep next to Elijah for the time being if Noah couldn't next to Ray. In return Alexander would move to Ray's room for the night, claiming he had 'teacher work to do anyway'.

He could have, but Noah politely refused and bid him goodnight with a smile. Besides, there was no room on the bed anyway with how Elijah spaced himself out.

To be fair, it is around 3am.

He now stared up at the dark ceiling of Ray's bedroom that was only dimly lit by the moonlight escaping under the curtains. His hands were clasped gently together on his stomach and his chest rose and fell evenly.

Noah couldn't get the thoughts out of his mind.

The thoughts that were defending Ray and telling him that Liam was still alive somewhere, living, breathing and... well- alive.

But there were also the small murmurs in his head that made him think- know deep down, that there was a high possible chance of Liam's cold body decaying somewhere unknown and out of reach.

Maybe even in reach, but just unknown.

The thought made goosebumps erupt Noah's skin.

And if he were to be honest, the feeling of unease and guilt overpowered the small drop of relief in his heart.

What was he supposed to believe?

Noah restlessly turned his head and body onto his side, the friction of his hair on the pillow loud in his ears in the pin-drop silent room.

He looked at Ray's closed eyelids and calm face that was turned towards his. The smooth delicate skin adorned with intricate features that gave no sharp or ominous vibes when asleep.

He sighed, reaching out a hand and tracing the side of Ray's face with his index finger.

Not one twitch.

"You're so beautiful," Noah whispered, looking at Ray's closed lids and imagining the enchanting blue eyes that would look deeply into his own.

Noah enjoyed watching him sleep... as creepy as that sounded.

The dinner they had that night was tense and contained forced 'happy' conversation. Ray didn't speak a word at the table.

After the dinner, Ray didn't speak a word to Noah. Noah had sat at the bed and watched him go in and out of the bathroom, then into covers.

He didn't ask questions, and Ray didn't offer answers to the unasked questions.

And now Noah laid, staring at Ray's sleeping form while pondering anything and everything.

How could a man so bewitching have killed someone?

Noah questioned.

The answer that he gave himself was simple.

He didn't. He didn't do it.

And with that, Noah closed his eyes and finally attempted to drift into a sleep.

A sleep that was being awaited by another right next to him.

[ Meanwhile ]

This room too, was mostly silent with only the sound of the deep breaths from the person asleep in bed.

The heavy drapes for the large windows were not pulled closed yet and thus allowed the room to be graced with the elegant moon light.

Dray stood by the window, staring afar into the view of twinkling lights and buildings.

He too, was thinking. And was also unable to doze off.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" Came a mumble from behind.

Dray turned away from the window and looked at the large bed against the wall in the middle.

Aiden was now sitting up and awake, the sheets falling to expose his night shirt that hung loosely on his slim shoulders. He rubbed his face, raising his head to peer at Dray through drooping eyes.

"Still looking at the view?" Tiredness weighed heavily in Aiden's tone as he spoke. He pushed the covers back and made to swing his legs off the bed, however Dray spoke.

"Go back to sleep, I'm going to be here for a while," He assured gently, turning his eyes back to the window.

Dray heard rustling from behind and the sound of weight being lifted off the bed with a low creak. He glanced sideways, only to see Aiden slipping on a fluffy, midnight-blue dressing gown with his ruffled bed hair. He stepped towards where Dray was by the vast window.

Dray looked down at the seventeen-year-old boy beside him.

"I look at the view as well when I have too much to think about. The thoughts slowly become images of lights and the earth and I just forget what was bothering me," Aiden tightened the belt around his waist, "Isn't it beautiful?"

He lifted his gaze off Aiden and continued to stare at the dazzling bright city lights. "Yes," He replied softly, "It is."

The two stood in silence for a minute, both waiting for the other to ask the question that started that subject.

It was on both their minds.

And after a few seconds of both debating privately, one of them started.

"What are you thinking about?" Aiden asked quietly, peering up at Dray through dark lashes and light hazel eyes.

"What everyone else is thinking about," Dray replied, as if the answer was obvious.

It was obvious.

Again, silence fell. But this time Dray broke it. "You don't think Ray actually murdered Liam, right?"

I do.

Aiden shifted, pulling his robe closer to his chest and crossing his arms, "I don't know, depends on the situation."

"We told you the situation, Liam tried to-"

"No, I know," Aiden sighed, "It's just-"

It depends if anyone is nearby- especially a member of the Red Skulls.
If he has enough time, and if he can be bothered.
If his anger is fueled enough.
If the escape could be quick-

The list goes on.

"It's just I... doubt Ray would do that so suddenly? He'd usua-" Aiden halted and quickly covered the slip up with a cough that muffled the word 'usually'. "Anyone would have to plan out a murder, you know?"

Dray hummed in agreement.

"I don't doubt it." Aiden looked up at Dray in underlying shock. He was still looking forward. "I think Ray's capable of murdering someone spontaneously. Might even do it for sport."

Dray cast his eyes away from the city view and looked down at Aiden, the light given from through the window gleaming up his face. "He seems to be the type to like the thrill of getting caught or getting away."

The younger boy stared up into obsidian-like eyes, his own hazel ones calculating and inquiring.

They both held the contact for a few seconds that felt like minutes, before Aiden tweaked his lips into a smile.

"It's nearly four in the morning," He stated, gesturing to the bed, "You should get some sleep."

Aiden followed Dray to the king-sized bed but just as he was about to slip into the sheets, there was a knock on the door.

"Aiden." Came a familiar voice from outside, "Aiden, are you awake?"

The said boy quickly took a glimpse at Dray, who was also staring at the door.

And he soon learnt who was behind it when Aiden hopped off the mattress and opened it.

Alexander and Ray.

"We all need to speak together," Alexander said gravely.

"Ryland's also awake, we're getting him after," Ray uttered lowly. He looked past Aiden at Dray, who was still sitting up in bed, "Why the fuck is he still awake?"

Dray blinked, "I was-"

"We were talking, he had things on his mind," Aiden finished, pushing Alexander and Ray out so he could step out. He turned his head to look at Dray, insisting, "Don't wait for me this time, I doubt I'll be back by sunrise."

Dray watched from his spot on the bed as the door clicked shut, and his suspicions rose.

[ In The Morning ]

Noah felt himself awake from his sleep and he groggily opened his heavy eyelids. Daylight pierced his sight, making him flinch them back shut and groan.

He definitely did not get enough sleep for today.

The covers next to him was already folded out, indicating that Ray had gotten up before him.

After Noah slapped himself with cold water, changed and brushed his teeth, he walked himself downstairs to the dining room, where mostly everyone was eating their breakfast.

"- Finding out what being royal's all abooouttt!"

Elijah's lively voice drifted to his ears and he stepped into the living room, peeking his head through the doorway: There he was, sitting with Alison and May while watching Sofia The First.

"Begin my way, it's an adventure everydayyyy SOFIA!" He sang the opening theme with the two young girls, swaying side to side.

Noah couldn't help the giggle he emitted. He brought the attention of his best friend, who looked at the doorway and grinned. "You awake now?"

"Mhm," Noah smiled. His stomach began to rumble with hunger.

"Go eat breakfast Noah, I heard that from here," laughed Elijah, turning back to the built-in-wall flat-screen TV that showed a starting episode of 'Sofia The First'.

However as Noah joined the dining room with his posed egg and toast, he realised that not everyone was actually there: Ray, Alexander, Aiden, Ryland, Xavier and Dray were all missing from the table.

Noah sat with the ones who were there: Priyanka, Miguel, Chelsea and Kaito.

"Where is everyone else?" Noah questioned Priyanka, who was sipping on her orange juice.

She put her glass down, "Dray's in the kitchen. As for the rest, we don't know. They weren't here when we woke up."

The feeling of doubt began to creep into Noah's heart and he chewed on his toast, distracted.

Where were they?

As he pondered, an arm appeared next to his vision and a cup was placed down.

Noah looked up at the smile worn by Dray. "Coffee. You look like you need it."

He looked down at the mug of coffee: It was a light brown and had a leaf-patterned cream swirl in the middle.

"Don't worry, I didn't make it too bitter," Dray laughed, "But maybe I should have."

Noah smiled gratefully, taking the cup in his hands and having a sip. It had the right amount of thickness to it, and Dray was right, it wasn't too bitter.

"It's perfect," Noah sighed, closing his eyes and taking another sip, "Thanks Dray."

"Where's mine, huh?" Miguel grumbled from across the table with his head in his palm.

Dray rolled his eyes, "In the kitchen. Go get it yourself, you have enough energy."

"No I don't. You know I don't." Miguel pushed himself off the table and turned to the direction of the kitchen.

"Get the other three while you're at it," Dray called after him with a chuckle.

"You made me one too?" Priyanka asked, surprised. "How long did you take in the kitchen?"

He shrugged in response, "I was practicing my coffee designs," Noah grinned at Priyanka at what Dray said next, "Gave the best one to Noah."

Miguel came back with the cups of coffee and gave them to everyone, slowly slipping the last one to Chelsea.

The tom-boy looked down at her cup and shot Miguel a frown, "Why are you giving me the worst one."

The cream on top of the coffee was a shaky, deformed heart.

Noah hid his smile behind his cup, amusement lingering in both his and Priyanka's gaze.

Miguel sipped his own cup of coffee and peered at her from over the brim. "Appreciate Dray's work, you ungrateful- Kai no-!"

Kaito had gotten his spoon and dipped it in the coffee, swirling it around and then taking his own sip.

Noah had to admit, he too cringed at that.

"Why would you do that?!" Miguel whined, "I would have given you the worst one then!"

"It tastes the same." The Japanese boy replied.

Just as Miguel was about to say something back, Elijah came into the dining room, exasperated, "Guys! The time!"

They all looked at the clock.

They would be late if they didn't leave now.

"Why didn't you tell us!" Priyanka moaned, "My coffee..."

"I just did!" Elijah defended. He hesitated before lowering his voice, "Besides, I was watching something."

Dray raised his hand, "I was making coffees."

"I just woke up," Noah included.

"Kai this is your fault. You're class president, you should be-" Miguel cut his sentence off at the glare Kaito sent his way over his glasses.

"Hurry up! We're gonna be late!"

  [ . . . ]

After May had whined constantly about wanting to get in the same car as Alison, five got into Elijah's car: Noah, Priyanka, James, Dray and Elijah.

The rest were being dropped off by Gabriel, Xavier's driver.

"Make sure to wear your seat belt," Priyanka warned Dray whilst tugging her own securely around her, "Being driven by Elijah has you repenting to God."

Noah laughed from the passenger seat and Elijah rolled his eyes, twisting the engine on and soaring off with a sudden jolt.

The ride was a tired, comfortable silence.

"Look at you all," Elijah sniggered, glancing into the rear view mirror at everyone who had their eyes half closed, "That's what you get for not sleeping on time."

"It's not like we could after what happened on the news," Priyanka yawned.

"Mhm, I think I was awake till what? Three a.m?" Noah leaned his head against the car window and let his eyes fully shut in fatigue.

Elijah worriedly glanced to them all and licked his lips, laughing nervously, "You're starting to make me think Alexander gave me a sleeping pill in my water or something."

"Wouldn't doubt that," Dray mumbled and leaned his own head back to rest his eyes. "Oh, as we're on the topic, I might as well tell you all what happened last night."

They all opened their eyes now and sat up, ears attentive and listening.

"What do you mean? Something else happened?" Priyanka asked the boy next to him.

He shook his head, "Not really. I was talking to Aiden about what we heard on the news, and then Alexander and Ray came in, telling him they all needed to talk." Noah and Priyanka exchanged a worried look. "By they I mean most likely everyone who was missing from the table this morning. Apart from your mothers."

Noah faced forward and looked ahead at the road. So Ray wasn't actually asleep?

And he didn't speak to me about it?

Noah swallowed, unease spilling into his gut and wrenching them in uncomfortable directions.

The whispers in his mind that told him Ray did kill Liam were beginning to overpower the ones that tried to defend him by far.

"Does that mean Ryland as well?" James spoke up from beside him.

Dray nodded, "Alexander said something about getting Ryland after."

They all fell silent and after a moment, Noah's phone buzzed.

He fished it out of his coat pocket and tapped on it, confused. It was from Priyanka.

' Pri ❤️: Should we tell him what Alexander told us about the Red Skulls stalking u? '

Noah glanced back at Priyanka who was holding her phone at an angle away from Dray. Though there was no point, seeing as he was already lolling his head backwards.

He hesitated, before replying back.

' No not yet. Plus James is in the car I don't want to worry him. '

Noah saw Elijah glance down at his phone and scan the messages quickly and then keep his focus back onto the road without speaking a word.

After dropping off James, the four finally arrived at school. All except Elijah ended up dozing off which irritated the young driver and caused him to press down on the car horn and jolt everyone awake.

"We're here, get out," Elijah grumbled on his way out the driver side, "Look at you all, sleeping without a worry. Whilst I have to drive."

"Thanks Eli," Priyanka mumbled, stretching her arms out and getting out the car.

Noah yawned tiredly before also stretching. Just as he was about to open the passenger door, it opened for him and behind the door with a hand on the handle, was Dray.

Noah looked up at him, confused.

"Habit," Dray shrugged with an offering grin.

The boy in the passenger seat gleamed with a smile and he giggled, letting himself out the car with the help of Dray's hand. "Thank you, Dray."

They walked into class without Kaito, Miguel and Chelsea who said they were about two minutes away- They were planning on waiting for the three, but the coldness began to kick at their bodies.

Several aloof, cold eyes turned to Noah once he entered and regarded him with scorn, but no one said a word.

Noah looked around the room, ignoring the stares and scanned the faces for one in particular.

His heart sunk even more. Ray wasn't there.

And it looked like Liam was still missing.

[ Meanwhile ]

"And this is how you scan a book if someone is wanting to borrow it out."

"Yes, yes. I got it." Elijah's father, Joshua, was stood behind the library till and was learning the necessary skills for his new undercover job. "Actually, can you go through it one more time?"

He was practicing for the sixth time.

The petite lady sighed, pushing her glasses up her nose bridge and shaking her grey hair out of her face. She smacked her lips and pulled her eyebrows into a wrinkled frown, speaking in a shaky, weak voice, "The barcode needs to be scanned and logged in. Now I need to go on my break and rest my feet, they're aching me!"

Their attention was brought away by the automatic library doors sliding open with a small ping. The old lady smiled her thin lips up at Joshua, "Good luck!"

"Wait I-" Joshua started, but she already began to wobble herself away from the desk, "... Could have went through it one more time."

With a worn out exhale, Joshua looked up at the doors to see his first customer walking into the library, not yet arriving at the counter but looking at the book shelves.

And Joshua immediately turned around, staggering to find something to hide his face. "You've got to be kidding me," he hissed.

He really debated on walking to the staff room and telling the lady that he had social anxiety and needed a bit more time.

It was a lie, but it was an excuse.

"Ah." Joshua spun back around at the sudden voice. Alexander smiled at him from across the counter, holding a book in hand, "Hello Elijah's father. It seems you weren't lying to us when you said you worked at the library."

Joshua cleared his throat, nodding his head, "Why would I lie about my job? It's a nice..." He looked around at the unfamiliar area of the library walls, "... job."

There were stairs leading to upper rooms that held different types of books on each side. Each wall had painting of famous authors and their books.

J.K Rowling had her Harry Potter books in a small, circular shelf below her picture. 

Alexander tilted his head to the side, "Though I do recall you saying you did night shifts?"

"Emergency shift," Joshua immediately replied, "My colleague couldn't do his, so I took it."

He didn't know what to say. Joshua had decided to come early to learn the library skills in case this exact situation happened.

Though he didn't quite expect it to be right now.

Where he had no experience.

With anything at the matter.

The man across the counter held out his arm to give the book, "I want to borrow this book."

Joshua looked down at the extended hand holding the novel for a few seconds, trying to recall what the lady said about scanning books for customers who wanted to borrow them.

'To kill a mockingbird' by Harper Lee.

A book about the coexistence of good and evil.

He just had to scan the barcode, right?

Easy.

Elijah's father confidently took the book and grabbed the scanner. He turned the book over to the blurb and hesitated.

He was looking at the correct barcode, right?

Worst comes to worst, if it doesn't scan I'll just let him take it. He doesn't need to know.

Joshua suddenly remembered the new case about the missing college student and decided to ask, in the thoughts that he could find a lead in relations to his own case, "So, I heard about the Liam kid on the news."

It was a pathetic attempt at starting conversation, especially since the topic was between a detective and a member of the gang that the detective was working on.

Much to both their suspicions.

Alexander stayed silent for a few seconds, simply observing Joshua. Then he replied with a slightly amused smile, "I'm sure the police are working on his disappearance."

"I... I hope they are..." Joshua finished, standing there with the scanner in his hand.

Alexander had shut down the conversation fairly quick.

Joshua placed the scanner on top of the striped black lines at the bottom and waited for the computer to give the small bleep that indicated the book had been registered.

And to his dismay, it didn't bleep.

He grew still, staring at the computer face that Alexander also could see.

'Unrecognised scan. Try again.' Is what it read.

"Um," Joshua started, awkwardly moving the scanner over the same barcode hastily, "I think the scanner is broken, so-"

"The barcode you're meant to scan is inside the book," Alexander interrupted from in front. Joshua peered up at him and saw him staring down at him with a masked face. "Open the book."

Clearing his throat, Joshua flicked open the cover and indeed, there was the library barcode sticker on the first sheet.

He felt his ears begin to heat up.

"It seems like you don't know much about your own job," Alexander murmured, eyeing Joshua closely, "How long did you say you were working as a librarian for?"

Joshua froze, the scanner millimeters away from scanning the barcode.

Fuck, how long did I tell them?

Joshua licked his dried lips and scanned the barcode, listening as the computer finally made the small bleep. "A few months."

Alexander hummed, eyes twinkling into his crescent eye-smile. "You told us two years."

The feeling of his heart skipping a beat was felt in Joshua's chest as he handed the book back while nodding, "And in two years, there are a few months."

His heart was beating fast beneath his ribcage, yet he forced his face to remain calm and unwavering.

"Funny," Alexander retorted, "Usually when someone says a few months, they refer to a time period less than a year."

"Funny indeed," Joshua gritted out. He felt caught out and it didn't sit well with him at all. "Enjoy your book Sir. It's due date is in two weeks."

The sound of the computer printing a receipt was heard between the heated stare and Joshua ripped the small sheet out. He handed it to the man with a tight smile, "Have a nice day."

Alexander replied with a nod, turning his back and walking away out of earshot before mumbling with a conniving smirk, "Thank you very much Detective Wood, for your service."

[ At The College ]

The day had now come to an end. Students filed out of the college with their groups of friends, small or large.

Noah emerged from the crowd with his own friends, dissatisfied with today's day.

Ray still didn't show up to any classes and he wasn't here at the end either.

The wind bit at Noah's face and dried his eyes, collecting reflex tears.

Priyanka shivered next to him, "Ugh its cold, lets get into the car and go straight home. I'm freezing."

It was in fact a very chilly day: The sky above was a dark gray, indicating future rain, and students huddled into their thick coats for warmth while scurrying away.

Noah shivered, shoving his own hands into his pockets and nuzzling his mouth into his zipped-up coat.

"Dray!" Elijah called out to the boy who was talking to his friends. He turned to look at Elijah. "You coming?"

Dray nodded and said one last thing to his three, before jogging towards the other three. The air turned to fog at the breath he let out, "We ready?"

Priyanka began to jump in her spot from foot to foot. Her teeth chattered as she squeezed her scarf over her chin, "Ffffuck, hurry up! Let's go!"

Grabbing Noah by his inner elbow Priyanka yanked him forward towards the car hastily while pulling her scarf even more tightly around her mouth. Elijah and Dray quickly followed the two- mainly Priyanka, who was dragging Noah with her.

The four finally arrived at the car, which was parked a few meters away from the school gates.

"Damn, baby," Elijah wiped the misty screen off his car away with a cloth, "You've been freezing out here, huh?"

"Get in, get in," Priyanka ordered hurriedly, shoving Elijah into the driver's side and giving him no time to stand around, "Quick, put on the heating."

"Oh gosh, Pri!" Elijah said, slightly irked that he was interrupted while wiping his beloved car, "Relax, woman!"

Both Noah and Dray were next to Elijah's open door. Elijah looked up at them and nodded his head towards the passenger seat, "Noah hop in. Dray?"

Noah was about to turn to Dray and tell him to get in, but realised he was looking forward, into the distance with furrowed brows and a confused frown.

What was he looking at like that?

Just as Noah was about to turn his head, Dray spoke lowly, "Don't turn around."

He froze. And it wasn't because of the bitterly cold weather.

Dray's tone was clipped and serious- A tone Noah never heard him use before.

He glanced down at Elijah who was also silently awaiting for what Dray was about to say.

Half-way into the back seats of the car, Priyanka too had lessened down her complaints and stood  with the door open, before slowly getting in and rolling the window down to hear.

"Don't make it obvious, but someone is watching us." Dray informed in a hush, "Black suit, black shades. Looking right in our direction with a phone to his ear." He paused, before adding with clarity, "And it doesn't look like Ray or Alexander. Or Ray's dad."

Noah's heart began to increase steadily and he looked at his two friends who both matched his panicked expression.

The Red Skulls.

"Get in," Elijah ordered briskly. He turned the car on, which seemed to exhale a low sigh as it revved to life, "Get in the car, now."

The other two quickly circled around to the other side of the car to get in. Noah mumbled a hasty 'thank you' to Dray who didn't fail to hold the door open for him out of habit.

Noah glanced out the window: There was a indeed a man, much closer than he thought, a few meters away in all black.

And off Elijah went, once everyone secured their seatbelts around them. 

The car ride was silent. 

Noah felt his phone buzz and he took it out. He clicked on the notification from Priyanka and replied.

He glanced back at her to see her reaction: Priyanka scanned the message, before looking back up at him and nodding.

Noah turned to Elijah, who shot a wordless warning gaze to him before focusing back onto the road.

Alexander said not to tell.

Is exactly what Elijah's face said to Noah.

"So," Dray broke the silence, turning to the others, "What do you think is for dinner?"

Priyanka let out a breath, "Dray."

Dray huffed a laugh, "Well I hope not, that's illegal and cannibalism."

A smile tweaked Noah's lips at the sad attempt of lightening the mood.

However Elijah visibly sniggered, chuckling at his joke. Dray grinned and joined Elijah's laughter.

Priyanka rolled her eyes, mumbling, "Count on you to laugh at a joke like that."

"Well," Elijah defended Dray with a sly glance at her through the rear-view mirror, "It was kinda funny.

Noah giggled as she mumbled the word ' boys'. She shook her head, before continuing with what she was about to say.

"Dray, we have something to tell you." Priyanka finished, connecting her eyes with Noah's.

They all trusted Dray a lot and including the fact Elijah has known him a year longer, Dray has helped the three significantly through these few weeks.

"Do we?" Elijah interrupted insistently, "I don't think we do. I'm sure we'd tell you everything that you can know."

"Uh, sure?" Dray more like asked, instead of agreeing.

Noah finally flipped the coin in his head and spoke, "Dray, do you know what the Red Skulls are?"

Noah saw Elijah squeeze his eyes shut and purse his lips from his peripheral vision. Dray continued to stare at the back of Noah's head and drew his gaze to Priyanka, befuddled, "The Red Skulls? Isn't that something Mr J- Alexander mentioned in a humanities lesson once?"

Priyanka nodded her head slowly, "Yes, they're a gang. Quite a big one, actually."

"Oh," Dray said, still confused on how it was relevant to what dinner was going to be, "Wow."

Elijah sighed and glanced to Noah seated next to him, whose eyes persisted him to explain. The young driver grumbled quietly, before telling Dray the relevance, "The Red Skulls have been stalking Noah these past few weeks, for about a month and a half." 

The three looked at Dray for his reaction: Dray's eyes were wider than usual and his features were still. He cleared his throat after a few seconds of tense silence, "You're not joking."

"We're not," Priyanka confirmed securely.

"And the man you saw," Elijah said, "We think he's apart of them."

Dray looked like words were choking him. He repeatedly opened his mouth and closed it.

"Yeah, that was our reaction too," Priyanka muttered, wiping fog away to look out the window.

"I... I don't know what to say," Dray coughed out while shifting in his seat. He looked towards Noah, "Do you know why?"

Noah didn't know why. He stared out the window at the houses and trees zooming by as they passed. He longed to know why.

Why he was being followed. Why it was him.

Noah drew in a deep breath, shaking his head. "We don't know anything. We just got told to stay cautious."

Again, silence fell upon the four. Elijah began to park the car outside James's school.

"Ah," Dray concluded and after some time, added, "Do you mind my friends knowing?"

"Yes." The three chorused immediately. 

Noah turned to look at Dray, "Please don't tell anyone else. We're not meant to tell anyone because it's risky. But because you're going to start coming back home with us, you were bound to find out anyway," He exhaled, softly adding, "Not even our own families know."

Dray nodded, understanding. "I won't tell anyone. I promise you."

"Okay quiet," Priyanka hushed, staring out the window, "James is coming."

They all watched as James got into the car and shut the door behind him, ruffling his coat around him and pulling his bag onto his lap.

"Noah, can we make a quick trip to home? I need to pick something up," James asked, leaning forward so that he was peering over into the passenger seat.

Noah glanced at his little brother then at Elijah, who was the one driving. "Well- I mean, yeah but- ask Elijah, he's the one driving."

James looked at Elijah in question. He groaned out, leaning his head back.

"Petrol is expensive, you know!"

[ At home ]

Dinner was done with the absence of Ray, Alexander, Xavier, Ryland and Aiden.

Priyanka's mother, Zanyah, said they were doing something relating to Xavier's business. Which of course, the three doubted.

The clock hands now read quarter-past-eight and those five still weren't back.

Ray wasn't back.

The three friends including Dray planned on talking but didn't have the privacy to, considering Miguel, Kaito and Chelsea were always around, and the mothers kept pestering them about lateness and sleep.

So to not seem suspicious, the day ended with them going back to their separate rooms.

Noah and Elijah were about to join Dray in Aiden's room, but they all figured they could actually use some sleep.

Once at Alexander's room, Elijah flopped himself onto the large bed, inhaling the scent.

He sighed, crawling beneath the sheets and wrapping the cover around him, trying to get some rest.

Yes, it was nearly nine and yes, Elijah was not familiar to early sleep-schedules, but right now he had nothing else to do.

Wait a minute.

Elijah quickly went on his phone and tapped on the orange app with the white letter 'W' in the middle to check if his favourite author updated a new chapter of the book he was reading.

Last updated 15 days ago.

Elijah groaned into his pillow and threw his phone next to him. "Why does she always take so long to update!"

Yep, nothing to do.

Noah and Dray were gone to sleep and Priyanka was with Chelsea.

While looking up at the ceiling with his forearm slung across his forehead, Elijah's mind began to wander to the events of today.

He was originally against anyone else knowing about the Red Skulls following Noah, but after Dray knew and he saw how confident he was about keeping the secret, Elijah calmed the voices telling him it wasn't right.

Because Alexander said not to.

Elijah rolled his eyes, turning onto his side.

Why should he always listen to Alexander? He could be wrong too.

Elijah turned back onto his back, restless. With a sigh, he closed his eyes and tried to let his mind merge with pictures in order to fall asleep.

But he just couldn't.

The pictures that his thoughts were merging with were images of Alexander's face.

Fuck right off.

It was around midnight now and the scenarios began to turn into ones about Alexander. Elijah furrowed his brows.

What if he was hurt?

Elijah shook his head. He wouldn't be hurt, Alexander can defend himself. And he's too slippery to let himself be caught.

But the feeling of 'what if' was slowly entering Elijah's brain and he turned back onto his side, trying to find a comfortable position.

What if Alexander was caught by the Red Skulls for helping Noah and now he was getting tortured. Or worse, what if he was dead?

No, no. Elijah stop, that's ridiculous.

He brought the bed cover up to half his face and breathed into the sheets, engulfing himself in the soft fabrics.

But it was possible. Very possible.

The sound of the door opening made Elijah snap his eyes open.

Alexander.

Elijah shot upright and whipped his head to the door, willing himself to see he face of the person he was thinking about.

A weight on his chest was lifted and Elijah exhaled a relieved sigh, yanking the bed covers off himself, "Alexander!"

Alexander shut the door behind him and looked ahead at Elijah, who was stumbling over his feet in his haste to get to him.

"Elijah," Alexander breathed as he took a tired step forward, shoulders drooping, "You should be asleep."

Elijah got to the man and without hesitation, as if his body moved on its own, wrapped his arms around Alexander's firm torso and inhaled his scent, exhaling in ease.

Without another second, Alexander's own solid pair of arms slithered around Elijah's shoulders and pulled him closer. Unconsciously, Elijah leaned into the sound of Alexander's heartbeat against his ear which reassured him the life in the body.

He felt Alexander's nose nudge the side of his head gently and the arms grow tighter around him. A heavy sigh tickled Elijah's earlobe, before the low sound of an exhausted voice echoed right next to his ear, "How are you?"

Elijah sighed: It felt so natural, so comforting.

"I'm fine," he hummed. Elijah opened his eyes, realising the position he was in.

In a sudden jolt, he slowly retracted himself from Alexander, almost immediately missing the warmth of those arms that held him securely. He looked up into Alexander's cat-like emerald eyes and asked, "Where have you been?"

Elijah observed Alexander's face intricately: Eye bags that were usually not there and blending into his skin as the same colour, were darker than the fair surroundings. Lips were barely coloured and dry, and Alexander's hands felt cold through Elijah's- Well, Alexander's- thin night shirt.

Worry weighed in Elijah's stomach. He looked like he hadn't eaten.

Looking unsure about the pulling away, the taller man looked down at the other and withdrew his hands to instead, lay them on Elijah's shoulders. Alexander said, "I was out with the others, looking into the Red Skulls."

"Did you find anything?" Elijah perked up, lowering his gaze back down when Alexander shook his head, "Talking about the Red Skulls, we think a member of them was watching us after school."

Alexander's weary face morphed into a serious one, "Did he see Noah's face?"

Elijah thought back to how they all looked when they came out the college and shook his head, "Noah's face was half covered by his coat and Pri's was covered by her scarf. Unless they know my or Dray's face, they might not have caught on."

He paused.

But he was looking right in our direction, with a phone to his ear.

Alexander hummed and put one hand on Elijah's head, "Good."

Elijah shut his eyes, dropping his head down and allowing the hand to slowly thread through his thick bush of coils.

"We told Dray about the Red Skulls too," Elijah mumbled absentmindedly, enjoying the feeling of Alexander's fingers massaging his scalp.

The movement on his head froze, and so did the hand on Elijah's shoulder. Elijah peered up through drooping eyelids at Alexander's expression.

Chills wracked Elijah's skin.

His face was taut and tight as he stared down at Elijah through green eyes that seemed to pierce into his soul.

"What?" Alexander asked sinisterly.

Elijah swallowed, shaking his head and taking a step back at the sudden change. Alexander's hands slipped off Elijah. "Nothing. W-We just-"

"You told Dray?" Alexander repeated, still staring at Elijah, unblinking. Elijah opened his mouth to deny it, but genuinely couldn't seeing as he already told him.

Alexander closed the distance between them two and grabbed Elijah's shoulders in a bruising-grip, emitting a small yelp out of the smaller boy, "I told you not to tell anyone! One simple order!"

"It- It wasn't me! I-" Elijah let out another cry at the sudden shake the man gave him, "I didn't want to! It just happened!"

"It was so easy," Alexander whispered into Elijah's face, "Do not. Tell. Anyone. And you three told a complete outsider!"

Elijah vehemently shook his head and protested, "Dray's not an outsider! I've known him since last year and- and he's helped us for weeks!"

"But we don't know who could have been listening in!" Alexander let out a grunt and gave another little shake to Elijah's shoulders, "Tell me, where did you tell him this?"

"In- In the car," Elijah breathed out, "No one heard us."

He sighed in what Elijah hoped was relief. "Okay, the car. That's good." He nodded in approval. "Did you make sure to lose them so that they didn't follow you to James's school and then here?"

Elijah felt the blood in his veins turn to ice.

Time seemed to slow down as he watched Alexander's half-questioning and half-panicking expression await his answer.

"What?" Elijah gasped, eyes beginning to hurt at how close Alexander was to his face.

"Did you check if they followed you through the mirrors," he repeated slowly, expression dropping slightly, "Elijah."

The shake of his head and distraught expression from Elijah made Alexander drop his head and let out an aggravated sigh. "Elijah, Elijah, Elijah."

He snapped his head back up to look into Elijah's anxious chocolate eyes, "Did you at least get out the car and check for anything once you parked in front of James's school?"

The trembles in Elijah's legs were agonising as they tried to keep him upright. Dread began to fill him rapidly . He whispered, "Check the car for what?"

"Anything," Alexander begged desperately, "Anything odd. Like a small metal tag for example. At the back, under or on top of the car." He shook Elijah again at the lack of response, "Elijah!"

"I'm- I'm sorry I-" He stuttered out, knees beginning to feel weak, "I didn't check. I didn't know."

Elijah's shoulders were released from the vice-grip and Alexander rubbed his palms over his face, "Oh God," He groaned loudly, "Oh for the love of God."

Elijah knew what this meant. They could have been tracked all the way to where they were staying.

And not to Elijah's knowledge, the two mafias didn't know where each others' bases were.

He watched with a rapidly beating heart as Alexander stepped away from him, then back towards him. His arms were gently held and he was turned around.

"Alright, get some sleep." Alexander remarked softly, his composure changing completely. "I'll sort this out."

Elijah let himself be led to the bed and lightly lifted onto it- His legs wouldn't have been able to hold him much longer.

Just as Alexander was about to turn away, he grabbed his arm and locked eyes. "Last time I fell asleep, you were gone in the morning and didn't come back till night."

Alexander held Elijah's wrist and slowly detached it from his sleeve with a smile, "I'll be back this time," He reassured. He turned to the bedside table and poured a glass of water before handing it to Elijah, "Here, drink this."

Elijah looked at the glass, remembering how quickly he fell asleep last night and Dray's words from today in the car.

He doubted it, but what if he did give Elijah a sleeping pill?

There was nothing wrong with a sleeping pill, it's just Elijah didn't want to fall sleep right now.

He needed to talk to his friends.

"Thank you," Elijah took the glass and put it to his lips, not exactly taking a sip.

Alexander watched with close eyes and turned to walk to the door, "Make sure you drink the water." He opened the door and looked back one last time, "Don't stay up. If I come back and you're not asleep, I'll put you to sleep myself."

Elijah blinked, taken aback.

Is he threatening to knock me out?!

The door shut, leaving Elijah alone in the room with the glass still in his hand.

He waited a few minutes with simple staring at the door, before setting the glass down and getting out of the bed.

He needed to talk to Noah.

[ . . . ]

Noah was experiencing the same problem as his best friend: He couldn't sleep and was overthinking every little thing.

What if Ray was hurt? What if he had gotten into a fight and was severely injured? What if his body was left in the soaking rain?

Yesterday Ray hadn't spoken a word to him after coming back from college and in the morning, Noah didn't see him at all.

Where is he?

Noah's head laid on his pillow, a patch of a wet, darker shade beneath his temple.

His eyes burned at the thoughts that were beginning to convince him that something dreadful had happened to Ray. Noah sobbed, pulling the covers over his head and letting himself close his sore eyes.

He stayed in that position for a few minutes with only the sound of his cries. The air beneath the covers began to feel stuffy and suffocating, however Noah refused to poke his head out and take a fresh breath of air.

The distraught boy didn't realise the quiet click of the door opening, due to his small sobs overpowering every sound that tried to make it to his ears.

Noah suddenly felt the space on the bed behind him dip with a weight and a gentle hand place itself on his covered head.

His heavy breaths were immediately held in and Noah refused to make a sound.

"Hey," Noah's breath hitched at the voice he longed to hear. At once, he pulled the covers off his head and breathed in the cold, fresh air.

Through puffy, red eyes, Noah looked up at Ray from his position on the bed and let out a loud, relieved sob.

Ray too had slight eye bags that showed his exhaustion and fatigue. But to Noah, his ocean deep eyes were still as beautiful as ever.

He surveyed every inch of Ray's face. There was a thin, shallow cut that started from Ray's cheekbone and ended at his jaw on the left side of his face.

He got into a fight.

More tears erupted in Noah's eyes at the sight of it.

It was a small, silly cut. But for some reason, seeing it made Noah's heart clench even more.

"Y-You," Noah choked out. The hand on his head slowly lowered to caress the tears spilling down his cheeks. "Y-You stupid- stupid!"

"Hey, hey," Ray hushed softly and cupped Noah's neck and waist with his other arm to lift him up slightly, "Come here baby boy."

Noah leaned into the hold and rested his chin on Ray's broad, firm shoulder attached to the arm that was securely wrapped around his waist and supporting his limp weight.

Nudging his tear-soaked face into Ray's neck, Noah breathed in the comforting scent he was so used to and felt his muscles relax against Ray's body.

The hand cupping the back of Noah's head moved down to his neck and was slowly massaging the muscles there.

Noah's mind lost all its thoughts he wanted to throw and lash out at Ray, and instead, he let himself be held closely.

The two rocked back and forth ever so slightly in the tight hold. They stayed in the silence while Ray soothingly rubbed Noah's slim back up and down.

Noah's breathing had come back to its normal rate and his heart had calmed down significantly. The soreness in his eyes were now lessened as he shut them, immersing himself in Ray's comfort.

The gentle touch of Ray's fingers drawing small circles on Noah's lower back had him giving out small sighs into Ray's neck.

Ray lowered his own head, closing his eyes and relishing in the hold he had on the fragile boy.

He let out a deep breath and planted a small peck on Noah's temple, pulling him closer.

"You must have been confused," Ray muttered quietly, nuzzling into Noah's neck, "I'll explain everything soon." He closed his eyes and whispered, drained, "Just give me some time."

Ray knew he wasn't supposed to tell Noah anything, but he figured that explaining a few things wouldn't hurt anyone.

He would leave a few things out, of course. A few big things.

Noah didn't need to know the stuff that would make him overthink and worry every second of the day.

"Tell me this one thing," Noah mumbled, eyes drooping, "You didn't kill Liam, right?"

There was a silence that overcame the two. Noah opened his eyes at the quietness and turned his head to look at the side of Ray's face, insisting, "You didn't, did you?"

He didn't. He can't have.

Noah's heart began to drum against his ribcage as he awaited the answer.

"I don't know," Ray finished.

Noah shifted in his position and pulled his legs in so that he was now on his knees on the bed, facing Ray.

"What do you mean, you don't know?" Noah asked worriedly.

That wasn't a straight answer. Did Ray genuinely not know or was he just saying that?

Ray looked at him straight in his light chocolate eyes, his own dark blues shadowed by his eyelashes, "I don't know. I don't know whether I just knocked him out or if my hits were so hard his brain collapsed."

Noah blinked, taken aback.

What?!

"But I really tried to make them as light as possible, so I don't know," Ray grumbled, frustrated, "We went last night to check everything and we bumped into the," Ray paused and glanced up at Noah who gave him a stare that demanded him to continue, "the Red Skulls."

That was false, they all purposely went to seek The Red Skulls out.

Noah lifted his slender arms and traced the cut on Ray's face. He took in a sharp breath, "Does it hurt?"

Now that Noah could feel it, the wound wasn't as shallow as it looked. It must have been given with some pressure from a sharp object, most likely a knife.

Ray chuckled, lifting his own hand to hold Noah's feeble fingers. He leaned forward and placed a kiss on the center of Noah's palm, making Noah's skin tingle at the touch.

"No. This was a warning, not an attack," Ray reassured. He grinned, "I got too brave and got humbled."

Noah rolled his eyes, "Good, being too brave is being stupid," Noah giggled at Ray's frown and placed his hands on the cheek with the cut, "But I love it when you're brave."

My brave lion.

Noah tilted his head to the side with squinted eyes and corrected his statement, "Brave to a  certain extent."

"Of course," Ray smirked, leaning into Noah's face, "How else would I have won you?"

Noah saw his eyes linger down at his lips and he held his breath.

Ray slowly leaned closer. So close that Noah could feel the hot breath on his lips.

But the two shot their heads apart at the three loud bangs given to the door.

"Ray! I'm coming in!"

The heavy double doors were pushed open and there stood Alexander in a wild, aggravated state, "Ray-"

His eyes caught sight of an awake Noah in Ray's arms. Alexander stared at him for while, before returning to a collected composure, "Hello Noah, you're still awake."

"Hi Alexander," Noah responded, wary about the state he just saw him in, "You're finally back."

"Yes," He replied absentmindedly and stared at Ray, "Indeed we are."

As if there was a telepathic connection between Ray and Alexander's eye contact, Ray looked down at Noah with furrowed eyebrows, "I'll be back."

Ray let go of Noah and got off the bed with one last kiss to the crest of his dark brown hair.

The smaller boy watched as Ray began to step to Alexander and quickly spoke before he walked off completely, "Where are you going? What happened?"

Ray turned back around to look at Noah, who regarded him with wide pleading eyes. He sighed, "I don't know, but I'll be back by morning this time."

You don't know that.

Noah watched Ray follow Alexander out the room with one last look to Noah, "Stay here."

And Ray shut the door, leaving him alone once again in the large room.

Just as soon as he returned to Noah, he was gone again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: Things are going to start progressing from hereeeee.

And Elijah leave us Wattpad writers alone, some of us are lazy shits 😒

Happy new year everyone ♡

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

1.5M 38.4K 74
Raised in the Mafia, I have known no other life other than cold calculated violence and discipline. A life where brutality is praised and weakness is...
2.9K 127 19
After being wrongfully kicked out, a 19-year-old Omega and his 15-year-old kid brother are forced to run, being injured badly in the process, as well...
170 26 13
Noah : Despite what I thought about love being a drug , Abhaya Kallam was my greatest high. I hated how much I wanted her. I was completely consu...
191K 4.6K 76
Fraternal girl twins and their parents moved to New York from what one of them considered as her Perfect Life in Atlanta, while the other one was rea...