My Shining Star

By Myuseriszoey

A young charismatic girl struggling to survive life. Keeping up with bills to pay, stuck up friends, and a de... More

A/N: intro
Chapter 1: The past & now the present
The Weeping Willow (FULL VERSION)
Chapter 2: Maxine who?!
Chapter 3: Memories of their past
Chapter 4: Cooped up
Chapter 5: Our saviors
Chapter 6: Finders keepers
Chapter 7: Just once
Chapter 9: Big bad wolf
Chapter 10: Thinking about you
🍋 Chapter 11: A tease
Chapter 12: Welcomed but not
🔓 Characters Unlocked (1)
Chapter 13: Run Maxi RUN!
Chapter 14: A way 2 hide a lie
🍋 Chapter 15: Fuzzy feelings
Chapter 16: Not so bad
Chapter 17: Top of the chain
Chapter 18: Fuming rage
Chapter 19: I'll always be there
Chapter 20: Something new
Chapter 21: Tell me everything...
Chapter 22: To the beasts city
Chapter 23: Downsides of traveling
Chapter 24: I'm a WIZARD?!
Chapter 25: It's all coming back to me now
🍋 Chapter 26: Plans to seduction
Chapter 27: My expertise
Chapter 28: We could have had...
🍋 Chapter 29: Jealousy between two
Chapter 30: Landslide
Chapter 31: Eyes on me!
Chapter 32: A shy stranger
🍋 Chapter 33: A wolf's obsession
Chapter 34: A wish comes true
🍋 Chapter 35: New rivals, new problems
Chapter 36: The tiger outside my window
🔓 Characters Unlocked (2)
🍋 Chapter 37: A kitty's prize
Chapter 38: Confessions
Chapter 39: Sweet promises
🍋 Chapter 40: Feline's trickery
Chapter 41: Queen over night
Chapter 42: Willow's true colors
Chapter 43: My downfall to a new change?
Chapter 44: Gardening 101
🍋 Chapter 45: Bashful beast
Chapter 46: The ultimate quest for sashimi
🍋 Chapter 47: Sweet treat
Chapter 48: A shiver down my spine
Chapter 49: Tiger vs. Tree
🍋 Chapter 50: A king's love
Chapter 51: Bunny Avalanche
Chapter 52: Villain revealed
Chapter 53: Eat or forever hold your peas!
Chapter 54: Family problems
Chapter 55: Tiger king's downfall
Chapter 56: Truth behind a suspicious tiger
Chapter 57: Family reunion
🍋 Chapter 58: The tiger inside me
Chapter 59: Battle between favoritism
Chapter 60: Wish upon a star (End)

Chapter 8: Dance fail

2K 125 3
By Myuseriszoey

3rd POV

" Okay fine, you can come," Sebastian sighed in defeat.

" Thank you Sebby! "

Maxine jumped happily up and down in the air, smiling joyfully. At first, she thought that he was going to deny her but was thrilled that he didn't. She was glad that she got to go outside, it was better than staying at home and waiting. As they were about to go she pulled out an item inside her basket.

" Here, you can have this "

Maxine pulled out a metal dagger that was inside her basket handing it right to him. Confused about what she handed to him, he examined it thoroughly knowing it was similar to his bone knife but in better quality. The handle was made with some sort of ore that had fancy carvings, wrapped in a black leather fur.

Sebastian pulled off the black scabbard revealing the sharp enticing blade. It was smooth and shiny that mirrored his reflection. The blade was thin yet excruciating with a light touch to the edge, it made his finger bleed. He was astonished by how the thin blade can cut through his skin with a single touch. Nothing could compare to this as it was ten times better than the past bone knives he owned.

" Thank you"

He smiled in delight, staring at his new knife. He loved his gift that Maxine gave him, it was better than any knives he had seen. Sebastian felt fortunate for Maxine's kindness and generosity. She was willing to share and give him gifts, truly making her one of a kind. Not many females give or share things with males or to their mates, since most are pampered by them.

Maxine hopped into Sebastian bach departing for their expedition. He ran swiftly in his jaguar form passing heavy thick leaves and vines. Everything was indistinct in Maxine's eyes. It was going to fast like a blur of colors as Sebastian dashed through. She held the basket in front of her tightly as it was getting bumpy.

They settled down near a huge oak tree that was around fifty feet tall, that surrounded other smaller trees. Sebastian transformed back to his beast form and quickly put on his fur skirt that was handed to him by Maxine. He grabbed her bridal style and leaped high, landing in between the thick branches of the oak tree.

"Stay here while I'm away, scream if there's danger"

Sebastian gently releases Maxine from his grasp, plopping her down on the branch. She nods in agreement.

" I'll be right back" he replied, jumping back down to the ground transforming back into his jaguar form setting off to hunt.

He glances back to Maxine before departing into the thick forest.

Maxine watched Sebastian runoff through the forest while she waited for his return. She didn't know what's more terrifying, that she was really high up or that there could be bugs nearby! By bugs she meant those weird flying green bugs!

Maxine looked down and saw the steep distance between her and the ground. She shivers in fear just the thought of trying to go down. She would definitely fall on the way down. By fall she meant fall to death!

Knowing that she had to wait for Sebastian to return. Maxine pulled out items that were in her basket. It had a pocket radio, sketch book with a pencil, and Sebastian fur skirt left behind. She started drawing the trees and mountains afar, outlining every detail. She drew while listening to music that was playing on the radio beside her.

In Maxine's previous life Drawing used to be a hobby. She was very good at it and made a lot of money out of that hobby during her teenage years. But she stopped once her life started to go down. You know, shitty job, bills, and other stacked up problems she had yet to solve.

(TIME PASSED)

As time passed,  Maxine heard loud roars as they were getting louder and louder. With no doubt, the familiar roars were Sebastian's. She was already finished with her drawing of the mountains a long time ago and began counting passing birds to kill some time.

In the distance there she saw him running through the forest passing trees and bushes that blocked his way. He stood in front of the oak tree carrying a chunky fur rabbit that dangled in his mouth.

Once jumped up with the rabbit still in his mouth he and Maxine departed once more.

During sunset, they moved to a nearby lake over the grassy hills. Sebastian began cleaning off his hunt in the lake, washing off the excess dirt and blood that stained the white fur. Beside him was Maxine who splashed her feet in the shallow lake while listening to music playing on the radio.

Sebastian held the slain rabbit in his grasp while pulling out his metal dagger. He slit off the neck of the rabbit leaving gushes of blood pouring out of the detached body. He striped off the rabbit fur off the body leaving the flesh. Using his dagger, he penetrated the insides and discarded the useless parts into the forest.

He looked back at Maxine from time to time, who was relaxing near the lake. As he worked on the rabbit fur.

With blood on him and the prey, he walked towards the lake to wash off the bloody stains. He heard a strange yet harmonious sound coming out of the square box that was next to Maxine. In his ears, it was pleasing to listen to.

Sebastian grinned when he noticed Maxine moving along to the sound. She began swaying to the music, twirling around making her dress flow in the air. The sound of giggles and laughter came out of her sweet mouth as she was in delight.

In a glimpse their eyes met with each other. Sebastian froze feeling awkward as he got caught staring at her. Things felt awkward and quiet between the two, he didn't know what to do in this situation. He deeply thought of ways to ease the mood.

" Sebby, let's dance! "Maxine gleefully said, as she beamed in delight.

"Dance?"

She raised her hand reaching for his. Sebastian was puzzled as he didn't know what she meant but was glad the intense atmosphere changed.

" Dance? What's dance? How" Sebastian thought.

A beastmen like him does not understand what that meant. He had never once heard that word before. Seeing her body sway was what he slightly remembered in the past. When on his journey he would sometimes see female orcs move their bodies around like a "dance" to what Maxine called it.

Maxine saw the confusion in Sebastian's face as he didn't understand what she said. She grinned giggling at his expression.

" Just follow me, I'll take the lead"

Sebastian nodded

They joined their hands together as the music began to play. Maxine placed one hand on Sebastian's shoulder while he put his hands to her hip making them fill in the gap between them. They began to sway back and forth to the music.

As they were dancing, Sebastian felt worried that he might mess it up. He didn't know what to do, but just to follow along. He looked down to examine her footing to match with her's. However, Maxine raised his chin up to meet his gaze.

" Eyes over here"

She smiled at him and with one hand Sebastian lifted his hand up making Maxine twirl around. They soon met each other's eyes as they happily danced to the music. But then..

*SPLASH*

Unexpectedly, Maxine tripped over a hole that was an abandoned rabbit's den. It made them fall into the shallow lake below. She sat on the cold water while Sebastian was on top of her kneeling down. Their foreheads touched as they began to laugh out loud at what had happened.

His hand caressed the front of his brown hair sliding it to the back as it was drenched, covering his view. Tiny water droplets gleamed in the light as it trickled under his silky brown hair to his sharp jawline.

Sebastian hummed in joy, hearing her sweet giggles coming out of her. Holding her white hair that was damped by the water, caressing it using his fingers as a comb to separate the individual strands.

Sebastian observed her rosy lips as it formed a bright smile across Maxine's face. Not knowing he moved closer to her. His lustful eyes roamed around to her face then trailing down below.

Sebastian soon stops as he sees through Maxine's fur dress. It was wet and damped, he starts to blush as he can see her body that's covered in another fur garment. His tail flickered back and forth as he started to have weird fascinations running through his head just looking at her stunning body. It made him gulp down trying to resist his temptations.

He looked away from her to stop his urges. Leaving behind a tint of red on his face and ears.

"Huh, What's the matter?"

"Sebastian?"

Maxine said all puzzled on why he looked the other way. She didn't think too deeply of it, not questioning why. Sebastian stood up, pulling out his hand to her when he noticed it was getting pretty late. As soon as she stood up her left feet stumbled right back down, making fall.

" Ouch! " Maxine hissed

Sebastian quickly caught Maxine before she landed right back down the ground. He carried her over to the grassy ground slowly placing her down. Rummaging through his skirt, he pulls out a green glowing crystal out of his small pouch that was attached to his skirt.

" Swallow this, it will help you"

He placed the green crystal right on her mouth. Maxine gulped it down fearing she would have trouble swallowing a hard rock down her throat. But as soon as she swallowed, the crystal melted right away like liquid. She felt something glimmering inside of her that made her eyes sparkle pink.

" What was that?"

"It was a emerald" Sebastian replied

" Emerald?" Maxine questioned inquisitively

"Emeralds are very valuable as they are difficult to obtain. They are used as currency for trading or for benefits to one's health, strength, and appearance. Emeralds come from colossal or other demonic beasts. They are cruel, terrifying creatures that feast on any living creature. They sometimes form in massive hordes or clusters. Some males that have more than 2 marks are strong enough to kill a colossal as they can grow rapidly in strength and size"

" I've heard of males having marks but what does it do?"

"Is it that tattoo symbol on your shoulder" Maxine said

Sebastian nodded.

Maxine held Sebastian's left shoulder in amazement caressing the glowing mark as it shone bright golden orange. Showing four bright stars, two on each side in a circular motion. In the middle that surrounded the stars, it showed a front view of a jaguar's head.

" We call it a star mark, we beastmen are the only ones that can gain marks. We earn our marks by training and fighting. Marks makes us stronger in strength and it extends our abilities. The more marks a beastmen has the more dominance he has".

" Wow! That means Sebby is really strong!"

" Good job! "

Maxine cheerfully said, clapping as she was astonished by his strength. She felt proud of his achievement and how far he progressed to being that strong. The story hasn't even started yet, the heroine comes during the massive hunting event about two years from now.

Maxine couldn't believe how insanely strong he is. With or without her help Sebastian excelled at anything that involves strength. His determination to overcome any challenge shows his motives to grow and learn. It even made her inspired to start doing the impossible.

" How many marks can a beastmen get?" Maxine questioned

" A star mark of four is the strongest a beastmen can get, just like me. But I heard there is a fifth mark. One of the kings from the beast city just obtained his fifth mark. I'm planning to get mine soon".

" I believe you can do it! I support you all the way!" she said, with a two thumbs up. Giving him a big smile feeling proud of him.

" What am I going to do with you?" Sebastian mumbled, as he grinned in thought.

He pinched and pulled her puffy cheeks at what she said. He chuckled out loud at how silly she looked.

-Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.3K 1.7K 17
Join Dahlia as she stumbles across the Beastworld after dying in a car wreck. While never one to ever consider herself the main character, here she w...
1M 42.7K 47
ORIGINAL STORY!!!! She transmigrated into a novel, destined to die in the hands of her best friend, unable to yield to destiny she rewritten hers. Sh...
4.8K 222 16
Your, just an ordinary vlogger who made an interesting point but you get invited to an unexplored jungle with a team of archeologists and your t...
53.6K 958 24
Request: Open 🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞 Orc Fae Demon Witches Werewolf Vampire Gargoyle Requests are always open, even if you don't see it listed ask :) matur...