caramel ✶ yu jimin

By karinassante

College was meant for people who weren't sure what they wanted to do in the future but had an idea of what th... More

二 ; partners
三 ; hatred
四 ; too good to be true
五 ; a new leaf
六 ; Y/N? nice?
七 ; improvements
八 ; white night
九 ; Karina and Y/N dating? Yeah, right.
十 ; apologies and new-found feelings
十一 ; confessions
十二 ; dating?!?
十三 ; spring break and lies??
十四 ; arguments & injures
最后 ; last
final author's note.

一 ; watch where you're going

1.4K 42 8
By karinassante

🥷 IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER (PLEASE READ):

This story is a work of fiction. All characters are fictional and do not resemble the real person. Be aware that I rarely edit my work, so please excuse my mistakes.

🛑 IMPORTANT NOTICE - this story is mature in the aspect of: explicit language and suggestive content (doesn't go to the extent of smut, but it is implied).

If I think a scenario gets too much, I will put a trigger warning before the chapter.

🛸 (THERE'S A SONG PLAYLIST!!! Just swipe the top picture! I picked every song very carefully so that it would correlate with each chapter (when I say this, I mean the vibes of the song fits really well with the chapter, the lyrics may not, but I still recommend listening to the songs along with the chapter). I promise the chapters have a better feel when you read it along with the correlated songs [:)

Oh, also, this story contains a lot of fluff and angst. This is a college AU; Red Velvet is a group in this story despite Joy being your older sister (she doesn't appear much, but she is heavily mentioned).

Also, despite what Y/N says to Joy or about her, he loves her very much and would do anything to make shes protected (he also has a very subtle way of showing his love for his sister).

Y/N is an asshole to Karina for a bit, so you might hate him a tad bit, but he gets better as time goes on. But despite the way Y/N treats her, she is still pretty nice to him, so be prepared to cuss reader out a lot.

Even though I mentioned this story would contain angst, it'll be really angst-filled in the first couple of chapters (till Y/N feels guilty about being mean to Karina)

This story is mainly told from Y/N's pov with the occasional Karina but don't hold your breath on that. This story will also have a few social media posts, but they will only be instagram updates, that's all.

This is kinda a slow burn and kinda not at the same time, but it leans more toward a slow burn.

I DO NOT ship Hyunjin and Karina. Hyunjin fits more of the college boyfriend kinda vibe, so I'm using him as your Instagram post faceclaim 🫶🏾

© dearyjm, 2023

- - -

Main Characters:

PARK Y/N

YU JIMIN

- - -

- - -

Mornings were never your favorite, especially on days when you have a class that is at times that doesn't require you to wake up so early. You hated days like those, but it seems like today wasn't any different. You wake up at 9 AM when you don't have a class till 3 PM, and now you are forced to stay awake and make yourself productive and useful to the people around you. You let out a loud groan as you force yourself out of bed for the first since you've been awake. You look over at the clock that sits neatly on top of your nightstand. 9:30 AM was what was read on the digital clock. You sluggishly move to your closet as you pick out the clothes you were going to wear for the day; you had decided on a plain white t-shirt, a black hoodie with a Burberry puffer jacket that your sister had bought you while she was overseas for a schedule, light blue jeans and a pair of black run star hike platform converse shoes.

After laying your clothes out with some jewelry like a necklace, your sister gifted you one-half of the matching bracelet that you have with Joy as well. Once your outfit was completed, you made your way into your bathroom that was attached to your room and took a refreshing shower that had your aching muscles feeling more relaxed. You stepped out of the shower and began your morning routine that consisted of skincare, brushing your teeth, blow drying your hair, and putting some lotion on. Once you had completed that, you made your way back into your bedroom, stopping at your dresser to grab a pair of boxer briefs and slipping them on with a pair of black socks.

You walked over to your bed before slipping on your jeans. You grabbed your Versace Dylan Blue cologne before squirting it on your wrist and rubbing it against the other before rubbing both wrists behind your ear so it could last longer throughout the day. You finish putting on the rest of your clothes. You grab your phone off the charger, slipping it into your pocket; you grab ahold of your shoes before walking out of your room. You were met with silence which was expected due to your roommates having classes early today. You made your way over to the Refridgerator, opening the door, and grabbed a bottle of water before sitting on the floor at the entryway and slipping the shoes onto your feet.

Realistically, you knew that you should probably eat something here without having to worry about spending money, but you also didn't feel like cooking, so why not spend a little money on a breakfast sandwich? You make your way out of your apartment building, which is about ten minutes away from the campus. You press your key to unlock it before getting into your car. Pressing the button to start the car as your phone connects to Bluetooth. As you place your phone on its mount, the beat to 'On A Ride' by your sister's group begins to blast through the speakers of your car as you back out of the parking lot on your way to the campus.

You sang along to the song quietly before you were interrupted by your phone ringing. You glanced over at the screen to see that your sister was trying to facetime you. You huffed as you reached over to your phone, swiping right to answer as your sister's face appeared on your screen.

"Y/Nie!" Sooyoung said with a bright smile on her face as you hummed in response, glancing over at your screen before turning your attention back to the road as you turned into the parking lot that led to your school.

"I'll be near your school tomorrow. Let's hang out!" Sooyoung spoke after she realized you weren't going to say anything, but she was used to it due to you having a specific way of showing your care and admiration for your sister. She was your favorite sister, but you definitely wouldn't tell your oldest sister that.

"Yeah, we can hang out tomorrow. Where were you thinking of going?" You asked as you parked your car in an empty parking spot as you grabbed your backpack from your backseat, realizing that you had left it there overnight, so you didn't do your homework that was due on Friday. You swipe down on your phone as you realize it is only Tuesday, so you had time to do your work still. You got out of the car as the cool win hit harshly against your face, as you placed your AirPods in your ears so no one could eavesdrop on your conversation with your sister as you began to walk towards the nearest food source.

"I was thinking we could go the mall so I could buy you some more clothes for the new year," Sooyoung said with a wide smile on her face as you rolled your eyes at the words that left her mouth.

"No, I won't let you do it. Let's do something else." You spoke as she furrowed her eyes at you acting that way towards her.

"No, I wasn't able to get you anything for Christmas or your birthday due to schedules, so please let me make up for it." She pleaded as you let out a sigh before muttering a 'fine'. Honestly, you knew from the start this conversation was going to result in you giving in, but you wanted to put your foot down, at least for right now.

"Have you eaten at all today?" Sooyoung asked as you shook your head in response as she glared at you, causing you to stop in your tracks as you looked at her with confusion.

"Why are you upset because of that?" You questioned as you began your walk once again. Well, you knew why she would be mad at you for not eating. You had a habit of forgetting to eat, so she had made it her job to remind you to eat until you had managed to get yourself a girlfriend; then she would pass that job onto her, but since it seemed that wasn't happening anytime soon you were stuck with your sister (and her members) constantly reminding you to eat.

"You know why I'm upset. When was the last time you ate?" Sooyoung questioned, as you stopped for a second, trying to remember when the last time you ate was, only to remember that the last time you ate was on Saturday. Obviously, that wouldn't be a good idea to tell your sister if you wanted to deal with an angry Sooyoung (and Joohyun).

"Yesterday." You lied as your voice went an octave higher than it actually was, causing Sooyoung to catch you in your lie as quickly as you were able to say it.

"Y/N."

"It was Saturday." You mumbled quietly, but it seemed to be loud enough for not only your sister to hear but her bandmates, that seemed to be crowding around her phone as loud gasps left their lips.

"Y/N." You heard Joohyun speak sternly as your eyes widened, her face appearing on the screen as she gave you a smile that was so friendly that you began to start walking faster to your destination.

"Yes, Joohyun?" You smiled awkwardly as you stopped in front of the entrance to Jihyo's Cafe. Joohyun was always a friendly and good noona to you. She was definitely a reason that you were able to get away with a lot of stuff when it came to Sooyoung, but when she was serious. She was really scary, especially in situations like this when you haven't eaten in a couple of days. She was very strict on things like that, especially after your accident a few years back.

"Please eat. You are going to give not only your sister but us a heart attack if something happens to you, like before." Joohyun said softly as you nodded, but as you were about to open your mouth, you were greeted with a notification saying, 'Kang Seulgi sent you 36,967,' and it was as if they knew you were going to complain about them sending you money.

"Y/N, use it to get yourself some food. I won't say it again." Seulgi said from off-camera. As you let out a defeated sigh, you heard a male's voice that was distant, but you were able to recognize it as their manager. They all turned their attention back to you once their manager finished talking to them.

"We have to go back to practice. We'll text you later in the group chat. Please eat throughout the day, and don't forget, bye, Y/Nie." Sooyoung said as you gave her a gentle smile and wave as she hung up the phone. You let out a loud groan before taking a step into the Cafe that you found yourself visiting more often than you do anywhere else. You made your way to the counter, and you flashed a small smile at the barista you'd become acquainted with over the past few visits.

"Hi, Chaewon." You greeted her once you were at the front counter, and she flashed a bright smile.

"Hi, Y/N. Will you be getting the usual today?" Chaewon asked as you nodded your head as you pulled the right amount of cash out of your wallet before handing it to her. She punched the amount you gave her into the register before grabbing your change and handing it to you. You took the change from her before putting it in the tip jar like you had always done.

"Your order should be ready soon," Chaewon told you as you nodded before making your way over to the counter that handed out the orders.

It didn't take them that long to finish preparing your order. Once you grabbed it, you were already leaving the cafe. You began your journey to the library so you could work on your homework before class started, but as you began to turn the corner that led to the library, someone ran into you and caused you to spill your coffee all over your clothes.

"Are you fucking serious?" You groaned as you stared at your jacket, which now had coffee spilled all over it; you turned your attention from your jacket to the person who caused you to drop your drink and was greeted by the campus's IT girl, Yu Jimin or famously known as Karina.

"I'm so sorry. Please let me repay you." Karina stammered out as she grabbed wipes out from her bag as started to wipe your jacket. Your face hardened as you shrugged her hands off of you, as you mumbled a few curse words under your breath.

"Just watch where you're going." You spat out as you brushed past her, continuing your journey to the library, now smelling like coffee.

___________________

Hello, this is the first chapter of my new Karina story. I hope you guys enjoyed it (: I got inspired by a college Renjun fic I read a couple of weeks back, so that's why I made the reader a little rude, but he'll get his act together soon.

I am now officially back from my hiatus with a new book. I hope you guys enjoy this book because I have a lot planned for it. Hopefully, I can bring you guys some frequent updates, but I won't hold myself to that. I'm also planning on trying to write a lot of chapters before a chapter gets released, so I don't make you guys wait so long, but again, don't hold me to it. I missed writing Karina (or girl group) stories for you guys, so I'm glad I'm finally back after my long break. Now let's get back into the swing of things. I'll see you guys next chapter!

Anyways did you guys watch the 'Stamp On It' Music video? Karina and Winter looked so good. The mini-album was also really good.

I like Alter Ego, Rose, and MALA a lot. Those songs are just so good, and Karina's low rap in rose had me ascending into the sky fr.

Song: cnema (시네마) - get out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 561 17
"Is it wrong for us to be doing this?" The younger girl asks, her tone was hesitant as she backs away a bit. The older one kept moving forward again...
21.1K 1K 42
"you don't know anything about me...." "I can't leave you like that,you're mine... only mine..." Jeon Jungkook is a college student. He is cold towar...
29.3K 791 24
Genre: Fluff (An Indirect Sequel to Married to my Enemy) Y/N Jeon is the younger cousin of Francis Kim (Y/N Kim from Married to my Enemy), one day...
10.7K 548 21
Paper Hearts (that were meaningless?) | Winrina AU Winter would always make paper hearts for Karina almost everyday. And if she didn't have time to s...