Just Friends - Neymar Jr

By alohabishesss

they're just friends, right? ©alohabishesss [NEYMAR JR, FANFICTION] HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in #NEYMARFANFICTIO... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71

26

3.7K 77 53
By alohabishesss

I was sat in the waiting room, struggling to keep my eyes open. His family had gone into see him but they said he was still unconscious. I wanted to sit with him badly and be there for him when he wakes up but something was holding me back. I couldn't face it.

"Amelia, you can go to sleep darling. We'll wake you if we get any news," Nadine said as she saw me fight drifting off.
"No, I'm fine. I'm awake," I forced my eyes fully open and smiled a weak smile at her. She just shook her head but didn't push me any further. I pulled out my phone and saw the team group chat was active.

———
BRASILLLLLL

David Luiz
Any news on Neymar, Amelia?

Dani Alves
It's probably hella hectic rn,
she'll text us when she can.
Let her do her thing.

David Luiz
Jeez bro just asking

Marcelo
Guys we don't need any
arguing rn just shut up

Fred
Fr it's not gonna help anyone

Amelia
It's fine, sorry I haven't been
answering. He's unconscious
at the moment and the drs
said it's too soon to tell if he's
going to be okay.

Dani Alves
Oh shit. Are you alright?

Marcelo
Yeah is anybody with you?

Amelia
Of course I'm fine. It's
Neymar we need to be
worried about. And yeah,
his family's here.

I really need some
good news, how did the rest
of the game go?

Marcelo
It was good, end score
was 2-1 to us obviously.
#18 never got a card for
what he did to Ney though.

David Luiz
Nah that ref was on something,
literally nothing got called. Glad
though, I should've been carded
at least about three times lol.

Amelia
Ha, yeah I saw them little pushes
and thought thank God the ref
don't care but then everything with
Junior happened so

Thiago
I still can't believe my card
was the first card of the
game. It weren't even that deep
and now I won't be in the semis
and pretty sure Neymar won't be.
We literally carry you guys
so goodluck hahaha

Dani Alves
You did not

Marcelo
That's bs and yk it

David Luiz
Who scored today without stealing
a goal off Neymar?

———

I shut my phone off as they started arguing. I knew they were doing it to try lighten the mood but it wasn't working. I just wanted Junior to walk down the hallway with his arms open, laughing and saying it was all just some sort of sick joke.

My thoughts got interrupted as my phone buzzed. It wasn't the group chat as I had learnt to mute it a long time ago. I looked at the contact name and saw Fred.

———
Fred

Hey, just wanted to say that
if you need anything, I'm here.
Also, you're allowed to be upset,
don't invalidate your feelings
just because Neymar's going
through worse. He wouldn't want
you to be sat by yourself upset and
bottling everything up. Let yourself
have a good cry, you don't always
need to be holding up a strong front.
The team loves you and we're here
for you.

Thanks Fred and I love you guys too.
I haven't gone to see him yet, I'm scared
but I don't want him to wake up and think
that I'm not there. What do I do?

I think you should go and see him
but if you don't want to then don't
feel pressured to. Even though it's
something you don't want to see,
you should be there to support him.
We all know that he'd be straight by
your side if this was you. Maybe wait
a bit until you can think properly and
make a decision then

I get what you're saying. Thanks for
everything, you're always so sweet to
me. Love you.

Love you too, lmk if you need
anything.

———

I turned my phone off for the final time and leant back into my chair. I loved that he was always there for me, whilst on camp him and Dani have become almost like brothers. Dani being the teasing one and Fred the sweet one.

I don't know how long I sat there before finally mustering up the courage and approaching Neymar's room. I took in a deep breath before opening the door.

The sight scared me. As expected, he had multiple tubes up his nose and a mask over his mouth, which I guess was supplying him oxygen. He was in a special sort of bed where there was a gap just under his lower back to stop him from laying on it. He was paler than usual and beads of sweat sat on his forehead.

I sat in the chair next to his bed, hugging my knees and staring at him blankly. I took shaky breaths, trying to figure out what to do. Was there any point talking to him? It's not like he'd be able to hear.

I spoke, despite how much it made me cringe, "I don't know if you can hear me but I think we'd all appreciate it if you woke up," I laughed dryly. "Your mãe and Rafa are here. Neymar Sr had a meeting to go to but he'll be back. I know it sounds selfish, but I need you Ney, you need to wake up. I know you're in pain but we can work it through it together. I'll be here supporting you ever step of the way but you just need to wake up Bonito."

I felt tears in my eyes when I realised there wasn't going to be any sarky comment in return of my nickname. I put my head in my hands, not wanting to look at him anymore and not knowing what else to say.

"Bonito huh?" his voice was croaky and his eyes barely open but he was awake. My head shot up and a grin was instantly plastered onto my face. That soon dropped when I saw the pain he was in. His eyes were scrunched up and his lips pursed as he let out a slow steady breath, trying to ignore it.

"Let me get a doctor, I'll be right back meu amor. Okay?" I got up and rushed to find somebody before he could answer.
"Neymar Jr, Room 305. He's awake but he's in pain!" I panicked, spluttering my words out and the doctor looked at me with wide eyes.
"He's awake?"
"Yes!" I put my hands up in frustration and he soon scurried off in the direction of his room. I ran back to the waiting room to tell Nadine and Rafaella. They jumped up and the three of us waited outside the door as the doctors ran a few tests on him.

A doctor with a name tag of Antônio came out, shutting the door behind him and facing us.
"I've got good news and bad news. Which one do you guys want first?" he asked us and we all looked at each other in fear.
"Bad news first," Nadine answered.
"Your son won't be able to finish playing in the World Cup," he said, scratching the side of his face awkwardly. All our eyes went wide as I panicked. No World Cup? That's all he's ever dreamed of doing and it was being cut short?

"What's the bloody good news then?" Rafa said, annoyed.
"Two centimetres to the left and he never would've walked again."
My jaw dropped as did the girls of the Santos family.
"He has a fracture in his third vertebrae. With many physiotherapy lessons and enough support, he should be back on his feet comfortably in the next six weeks," Antônio explained. I still stood there, with my hands on the back of my head, trying to process what he was saying. He wouldn't be able to walk for six weeks? At all?

I let the girls go in and see him privately first and texted the team group chat to tell them the news. They all seemed as shocked as I did but promised that they'd do anything in their power to bring the cup home for him. I wondered how angry he was right now. I hoped he didn't snap at his mãe or sister, they were beyond worried about him and I don't know about them but I'd probably start crying again if he shouted at me.

After about ten minutes, they came out of the room, Nadine having an arm around Rafa. I got up to go in but was interrupted.
"I'd let him cool off a bit filha," His mãe stopped me from going in and I walked with the pair back to the waiting room.
"Whatever he said, I'm sure he didn't mean it," I made excuses for him as they sat down and nodded at me.

Once they were distracted, I walked back up the corridor and pushed open the door slowly to reveal Neymar with his head in his hands. His body was shaking slightly and I realised he was crying. He looked up at me with bloodshot eyes as the door closed behind me. My heart broke just looking at him.

"Olá," he greeted me, wiping his tears and faking a grin.
"Don't do this Ney. You don't have to hide how you feel with me," I walked over to the bed and held his hand.
His voice broke, "I don't understand. Why me? What did I do? I can't play in the Cup anymore, Melia. This is all I've ever wanted, what if I don't get picked for it next time?"
"You didn't do anything to deserve this, okay? It's not your fault. And come on, you're Neymar, of course you'll get picked next time," I laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

"Get in with me," he shuffled to the side, wincing then shuffling some more.
"Junior, your back's literally fractured. Lay back down," I ordered like a mum and he laughed.
"Please linda?"
I caved in and carefully got into the bed, trying my hardest to stay as far to the right as possible.

He pulled a face, "Why are you so far away from me?"
"You're hurt, Neymar," I said bluntly. I didn't want his injury to get any worse than it already was.
"I'm not as weak as you think I am princesa. Hug me, I miss your touch."
I folded at his words and laid on his arm that wrapped around my shoulder and wrapped my own around his waist carefully.

We laid in silence for a few minutes until I broke it, "What did you say to mãe and Raf?"
He put his free hand on his forehead, "I just needed to process the news on my own and they were asking me so many questions and telling me irrelevant things. It was just stressing me out, I didn't mean to be rude."
I felt him sigh beneath me.
"I'm sure they'll understand, don't worry," I said, keeping my head on his chest as I drew circles on him with my finger.

He nodded in response and I soon felt him fall asleep. I looked up at him, pushing his hair away from his eyes and just admiring him. The guy was literally on the brink of dying less than three hours ago but still looked fine. I felt my eyes droop shut and finally let sleep consume me.

I woke up to hushed voices.
"No, shut up!"
"They're so cute though, look!"
"Send Ney that picture, he always asks for them."
"He looks wrecked man."
"He'll be fine, he's Neymar."

I slowly opened my eyes, rubbing them slightly as I yawned. The room went silent and I looked around properly, seeing the team stood awkwardly crowded by the door. I smiled at them, gesturing them to come forward. They all let out a breath when they realised I wasn't mad at them for waking me up. We had many arguments in the hotel over this particular reason.

Marcelo was the first to walk over and hug me, followed by Fred, Dani and Luiz. The rest of the guys waved or said good morning.
"Is it really the morning?" I asked shocked. It felt like I had only slept for an hour.
"Yep, eight o'clock. Bright and early," Dani grinned at me and I groaned.
"Why are you all here, don't you have training?" I wasn't complaining, just confused.
"It got postponed. An evening session since everyone was up late yesterday," Fred explained and I nodded my head.

I felt Neymar stir beside me and I moved up a bit. He grabbed my waist, pulling me closer and I laughed.
"The team's here babe."
His head shot up before he groaned and buried his head back into his pillow.
"It's fine, we won't take the piss out of you for being whipped. Only since you're a cripple," Dani said snickering before hugging him.

He was only joking but I gave him a stern look at the word cripple and he held his hands up.
"Jus playing, jus playing!"
"Don't play with Amelia when it comes to Neymar though. Remember when-" David started and I immediately interrupted.
"Alright, how about you guys be great friends and grab us some food?" I asked, smiling sweetly causing them to roll their eyes but trudge out the room, shoving each other.

Ney laughed, "Remember when what, huh?"
"Shush, your mouth should rest. You're sick," I joked and he rolled his eyes.
"But you don't want my mouth to rest really, do you?" he said leaning over and holding his face close to mine.
"Hmm, yeah I kinda do think-"
He rolled his eyes and crashed his lips onto mine.

We pulled apart when we heard the door open and Dani's voice, "Forgot to ask, are we in a tea or coffee mood?"
"I'm in a get up and smack Dani Alves mood!" Ney said, throwing a pillow at him as I collapsed into a fit of laughs.

It wouldn't be that bad, everyone was here for him. He'd be okay. He's Neymar.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
582K 13K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
244K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
113K 5.7K 54
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...