๐†๐‘๐„๐„๐๐•๐ˆ๐‹๐‹๐„ ๐‡๐ˆ๐†๐‡...

By Eddy622

Nsikan isn't just our clichรฉ high school girl. In fact, she's as normal as they get. An average look, an aver... More

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยทEDDY'S NOTEยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยทCHARACTERSยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท1ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท2ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท3ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท4ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท5ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท7ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท8ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท9ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท10ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท11ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท12ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท13ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท14ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท15ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท16ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท17ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท18ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท19ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท20ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท21ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท22ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท23ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท24ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท25ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท26ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท27ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท28ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท29ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท30ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท31ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท32ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท33ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท34ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท35ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท36ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท37ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท38ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท39ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท40ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท41ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท42ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท43ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท44ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท45ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท46ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท47ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท48ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท49ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท50ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยทEpilogueยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€
ANNOUNCEMENT!
Murder Is The Case Is Out!

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ€ป ยท6ยท โ€ปโ”€โ”€โ”€

796 201 90
By Eddy622

The alarm sounded for lunch break, forcing Stella and me to rush out of the class to go pay Chuks a visit. We got to Ss3 Arts class and spied through the rectangular see-through window at the top of the classroom door, to see if a teacher was in their class or not. Seeing there was no teacher, Stella and me, proceeded in.

I noticed how the Ss3 Arts students usually stay in class till the middle of lunch break before they decide that the cafeteria existed. They were very organized, unlike us.

"Chuks!" I yelled in joy while Stella waved frantically as if we'd never seen Chuks for years. Chuks was seen talking to a darker and skinnier boy with glasses.

"Hey babes," Chuks waved with his fingers as Stella and me, approached his desk. "Later Manuel, the queens are here."

I held my chin up high as I couldn't stop smiling at Chuks' compliment. Stella probably found it normal as she stared sharply at Manuel to move so we'd sit with Chuks.

"No p," Manuel said as he got up. His eyes lingered on Stella for a little while, before finally leaving.

"So babes, how'd it go?" Chuks adjusted so Stella and I would sit in his seat. I pushed Stella and chanced her so I'd sit beside Chuks which made me in the middle of both my friends. My life, my center part.

"Horrible, devastating!" I grumbled, hugging Chuks and crying fake tears on his shoulder.

"Nsikan!" A middle-sized girl scolded at the back. I lifted my head from Chuks shoulder and gave the girl at the back an awkward smile.

"Sorry," I laughed awkwardly at her, then turned to my best friend to say in a much quieter voice. "It went wrong, Chuks. Damian didn't even look at me."

"True, I was there." Stella nodded. "You said you have plan B, right?"

"I always have plan B," Chuks dusted his shoulders from invisible dust. "We'll go back to the classic."

Stella and I stared at each other, then back at Chuks. "What's the classic?"

It looked like we'd just asked an abominable question with the way Chuks was gasping at us. "Seriously? How are you both my best friends?!"

"Calm down dramatic king," Stella gestured with her hand. "Just tell us what the classic is."

Chuks stared bewildered at Stella and me, then let out a long sigh. "The classic is literally the best way to meet your soul mate in the law of movies and books. It involves bumping into Damian and letting the books in your hand fall on the floor so when Damian joins you to help with your books, you both will stare at each other's eyes while making subtly skin contact with your fingers."

"Oh my God," Stella shivered. "That's so cliché that I want to throw up."

Chuks glared at Stella and I quickly moved directly to his line of vision so he'd focus on me alone. "Will it work?"

"Am I a genius?" Chuks answered my question with a question.

"So... no?" Chuks sharp gaze landed on me and I couldn't help but laugh hard.

"Where is Damian?" Chuks asked.

"Cafeteria, I think." I pointed at his classroom door as if the cafeteria was right outside his class.

"Okay, your plan is to go to the cafeteria now and wait for him by the door. When you see him coming, bump into him and let your books fall on purpose. Here," Chuks reached for his backpack and started bringing out series of huge textbooks. It was five in total and looked quite heavy. "Don't forget to brush his hands with yours when he bends to help you out. When you do that, make. eye. contact."

"Aye, aye, sir!" I saluted.

"Shut up Nsikan," I slowly let my hand fall back on my lap as I muttered 'sorry' to the boy I'd offended.

I smiled widely at Chuks as I reached for his textbook and held them securely cause I knew if I tore anyone, Chuks would kill me. "Thanks but damn this is heavy."

"You are welcome," Stella and I got up and began moving to his class exit since we wanted to catch up with Damian at the cafeteria.

"Bye Chuks!" Stella yelled from the door and I waited for Stella to have her share of scolding from his classmates, but nothing.

Of course, fine girl privilege.

───※ ·❆· ※───

Stella and I approached the cafeteria with me struggling with Chuks' gigantic books. Why didn't he give me like two or so? He wanted its cinematography, I guess. And Stella? Stella couldn't help. All she did was walk beside me like she was my wingman.

"You know you can help right," I breathed as my right arm started to ache.

"Okay, wait here while I go see what the boys are doing." Stella began rushing into the cafeteria same time I stretched my hands trying to stop her by saying I wanted her to help with my books.

I moved to the doubled door of the cafeteria and looked at the see-through attached to both sides of the door, only to see Stella in the queue to get some snacks. My stomach rumbled at that moment and I prayed for Stella to remember she has a starving friend to be fed.

While looking at Stella, I noticed she was looking at a distance every second. I followed her gaze to see it was Damian's table.

As if on cue, Damian got up alongside Muller and Thompson as they both left their empty tray on the table. Stella who hadn't gotten to her turn to get her snacks quickly left the line and rushed out of the cafeteria, almost bumping into me. Would have been great if she was a boy identical to Damian in both looks and brain.

"T-they are coming," She said, holding her kneecap as she tried to catch her breath. "I'll be over there," Before I could say anything, Stella ran to a corner not too far from me and hid there, away from the eyes of many. I looked through the window to see Damian already close to the door and got ready.

Light, camera, action!

The door opened same time I was supposedly moving to the cafeteria, bumping into Damian and letting the books in my hands fall on the floor. Only it wasn't the floor but my right foot.

"Ouch!" I yelped, gripping my right foot and hopping around the place in front of Damian, Muller, and Thompson.

"What's she doing?" I heard some chuckles and stopped, to see Muller and Thompson, trying not to laugh and Damian looking at me like I was some weird species he was trying to comprehend.

Damian's eyes bored at my current state forcing me to place my aching foot back on the floor while going back into character. "Oh, my books!"

That caused Thompson to laugh out so loud that it attracted some students walking past us. Damian didn't mind them as his eyes fell on my books still on the floor. "Literature in English."

I gasped, same time Thompson kept looking around as if finding something. "Uh... Yeah, we all need those Romeos and Juliets, am I right?"

I kept looking at Damian, hoping he'd be a gentleman and help me with my books, as I bent down to pick them up one after the other. I heard Damian breathe out audibly and I smiled cause that was a good sign, right? But instead, Damian sidestepped me and walked away from me, leaving his friends behind.

Stella probably watching everything from her hidden place, made herself visible again. She approached me slowly, as I stood up with pouted lips while looking at my fallen books.

"Of course, I knew she'd be here," Thompson muttered under his breath but I heard him.

Stella who didn't, looked down at my books and sighed. "Man isn't romantic."

"No, the right word is he isn't cliché." Muller shook his head. "Did the both of you not play when you guys were small?"

My shoulders slumped as Stella helped me with two textbooks while I held three. "Who's giving you guys these funny ideas?"

"Chuks," I mumbled and Stella nudged me hard.

"Your gay friend?" Muller joked but Stella wasn't taking it lightly. I could sense heat coming from her.

"Hey, leave Chuks alone!" Now I understood why she'd nudged me. She didn't want snazzy remarks directed at Chuks. "If Chuks was here, you'd be so sorry you said that."

"What will he do," Muller asked laughing at his words, "Kiss me to death?"

"Muller, that's enough." Thompson immediately sensed Stella wasn't happy with his friend's remarks.

Muller stared cluelessly at Thompson while Thompson kept staring at him as if communicating telepathically. "Oh!"

"Look, I'm sorry," Muller said, finally understanding the situation. "I'm usually not this rude."

I wanted to say it was fine, but Stella wouldn't let me. She rolled her eyes, then looked in a different direction. "Let's go Nsikan, we've got to create a plan C whether Chuks likes it or not."

"Stella," Thompson called out, but Stella refused to answer. She held my hand as she kept pulling me in the direction of Chuks' class, ignoring the fact that my right leg still hurt.

"This our school eh," Stella commented under have breath. "Chuks isn't gay! Is it bad to have a feminine guy these days?"

To be honest, what Stella was saying was entering one ear and coming out the other. Muller apologized, end of story.

"Nsikan," Stella promptly stopped and I almost knelt to thank God. She was pulling my hand so hard I thought it would disconnect from my body. "Chuks is your friend, you should be as angry as I am."

"Look abeg, we show our love differently." I  sighed, looking at my white sneakers. "I'm just thinking about the exams we'd be having in the future."

"You really need Damian," Stella rubbed her chin in thought. We finally got to Chuks' class and pushed the door open.

We wasted no time moving to Chuks' seat. Stella sat beside him and I sat on his desk, my legs on both sides of his. "Please tell me you've got plan C?"

My comment was already proving to tell Chuks that it didn't work. "Damian's a difficult case."

"Really difficult," I admitted. "How can movies make it look easy? Real life is much harder."

"What if he knew it was planned?" Stella questioned. "I mean, the guy's smart. Besides, Literature in English? Really? You couldn't give her a general subject like Biology, English, Maths, Economics, or History?"

"Don't anger him, please," I begged Stella, then turned to Chuks. "There's a plan C, right?"

Chuks reached for the side of his head and used his index finger to poke it twice. "I need food for my brain to work. I'm going to the cafeteria."

My stomach used that moment to rumble and I pouted while holding it. "Yeah, me too."

"Ditto," Stella got up and I jumped down from Chuks desk with Chuks holding me in place so I wouldn't fall. "I didn't get anything in the cafeteria earlier because of your case."

"Then let's go," I began to lead the way. "I'll pay."

"With your three thousand naira allowance?" Gosh, I hated when I get reminded of that. "I'm feeling generous today, I'll pay."

I swung my hands around Chuks and hugged him pretty tightly. I also gave him a quick peck on his cheeks which he wiped away with a disgusting look. The three of us walked out of Arts class while having the cafeteria as our destination.

Social influencer Stella thought it best to bring out her phone while we were walking in the hallway, just to switch it to her video camera.

"Hey, guys, what's up?" Stella waved at the camera. Chuks and I gave her momentary glances and realized she wasn't live. "You guys won't believe the hectic day I've had so far and the school hours haven't even ended yet! Remember my friends?"

Stella pushed her phone camera up Chuks and my face and we were forced to wave. This wasn't the first time Stella had involved us in one of her content so her fans knew us. "We're heading to the cafeteria to finally have lunch even though we've got a few minutes left."

"All thanks to this devil," Chuks piped in and began ruffling my head.

"Na, I'm an angel," I slapped his hands away.

"Anyways," Stella brushed us off. "The deal still stands. I'm cutting my prices for promotions but it's going to last for only a week. So if I were you guys, I'd grab this opportunity soonest. Bye xoxo."

She ended the video and placed her phone in her skirt pocket. "So what platform do you think I should post this on? Facebook, Twitter, Instagram?"

"Facebook is cool, love." Chuks drew closer to Stella once she was done. "There are lots of people there that would want the deal."

Stella nodded at Chuks suggestion, considering it. She had to choose any of the platforms regardless. The only thing she hadn't done became a Youtuber. I doubt she'd have the time, seeing how she was cast for a huge movie deal.

"And for you, Nsikan, I've got a plan C." My eyes felt like there were about to pop out of their sockets, as I became hyper."

"You do?" I stopped walking to face Chuks, forcing both him and Stella to halt.

"I'm a genius," Chuks declared and Stella rolled her eyes. I tried my very best to not laugh so I wouldn't offend Chuks. "Plan C is called the operation bumping and helping scene."

"Isn't that Plan B?" My smile dimmed.

"Darling," Chuks shook his head slightly. "This is different. You'll bump into him on purpose and pretend like you are about to fall. Watch him hold your waist."

"Will that even work?" Stella's doubtful tone filled the air. "Damian had been doing the opposite from your so-called movies."

"Don't worry, this will work," Chuks reassured as we began walking again to the cafeteria with Chuks in between Stella and me. "There's no guy that will see a girl falling and won't help out. Unless..."

"Unless?" I leaned in anticipation of his next words. "You are too ugly to be noticed."

"Hey!" Chuks laughed as he began running away from me. "Hey, take that back!"

I wasn't angry at his words, I knew he was only teasing me. The last time we had this much fun together was in Jss classes. When we got to Ss, we had limited time to joke around in school. Chuks kept studying harder and harder and Stella had both her books and social media pages to work on.

I began running to chase Chuks while Stella who had always hated running, thought it'd be best for her to lean against the wall and work on her phone while waiting for whenever we'd get back.

"Hey, I was only joking!" Chuks began laughing while running faster to get away from me.

"Not until I smack your face first!" I yelled back, ignoring the curious eyes of the junior students present in the hall.

"Like you can!" Chuks increased his speed and rounded a corner while I tried my best to catch up, only for me to bump into someone. I shut my eyes hoping it will minimize the pain of my body smacking the tiled floor, but a tight grip on my waist stopped me.

I opened my eyes to see who the person was and my mouth opened slightly. It was Damian.

"Nsikan, are you okay?" Damian let go of me and I found myself falling backward. My body landed on the ground and I felt pain in my elbow and waist. With a grunt, I looked up at Damian who was looking down at me with an expressionless face.

Chuks rushed to my side and quickly placed his arms around me, to guide me up. I placed my hand on my waist while standing like I was an old woman with waist pain.

"T-thank you," Damian's brows creased ever so slightly that it seemed like a miracle that I'd noticed it. He didn't say anything as he watched Chuks wrap me in his arms, but only sidestepped us and walked away.

"Why did you thank him?" Chuks questioned, glaring at Damian's retrieving figure.

"For not letting me have a concussion?" I shrugged. Damian might have let me fall, but he made the impact a bit bearable.

"You are just defending him 'cause you like him, the boy needs to learn how to be a gentleman," Chuks commented as he turned me around so we'd go back to meet Stella.

───※ ·❆· ※───

I kept on sighing in class and I could tell it was bugging Omolara. We were supposed to be having Physics but Mr. Peter called in sick and Mr. Akan came in and demanded we make ourselves useful by reading our books. Yeah, I wasn't doing that. Instead, I brought out the new notebook I bought yesterday and borrowed Omolara's Geography notebook so I'd start afresh.

My friends and I had concluded that Damian would never accept to tutor me. Like he didn't even glance at me twice nor help me in my predicaments. Damian was cold-blooded and I somehow understood the message he was trying to send across. He didn't want me to cross paths with him. With another sigh, I stood up and muttered. "I'm going to the restroom."

"Be fast, this period is almost over." Stella made way for me to walk past and I nodded. She was busy using the school's WiFi to upload the video she made earlier on Facebook. I slowly walk passed Damian's sit, to see him talking to Thompson. His eyes left Thompson and darted towards me which was understandable cause I was standing beside his sit. With a sigh, I looked away and rushed out of class. Ending this stupid crush would help me too.

I hated reading but I knew there was no other option. I just had to try harder and attend more night reading with Chuks and Stella, without sleeping because right now, I had no choice. If I didn't, my mum would send me a hundred feet under.

But you always get distracted by Damian.

I signed, I wasn't ready to have a conversation with my subconscious so I decided to ignore the voice as I walked down the stairs. I mean just because I get distracted by Damian, doesn't mean there wasn't a way, right? Music exists. I'll just play music or something.

Then you'll be distracted by the music.

I groaned. Can my subconscious stop acting like a mum? Even my mum doesn't act like a mum. Okay, maybe not loud music. Besides, it's a night reading for a reason. Chuks and Stella would be there to distract me.

Nah, don't lie to yourself, you'll sleep.

Okay, this voice was just getting straight-up annoying. Coffee exists. I'd just buy a dozen of Nescafe and walla, I'd be ready.

You hate coffee—

"Okay, you know what, shut up voice in my head!" I snapped, tapping my temple aggressively.

"Oh great, she's a psychopath that now talks to herself." I swiftly turned to see the Trix smirking right at me and I gulped. I knew I was occupied with a lot of thoughts in my head, but before I left, I was quite sure the Trix were still in class.

Queen walked towards me. "What's your deal with my Damian?"

"Your Damian?" I asked and scolded myself inwardly for being so stupid. "I-I-I-I meant m-my deal?"

"You think I wasn't aware you were all lovey-dovey towards Damian in Chemistry lab?" Queen's steps towards me became threatening. She got to me and held my chin gently. "Do you have a crush on him?"

Queen had my face angled up since she was taller, with her hands still holding my chin. My eyes darted to Chloe, to see her cracking her fingers while smirking maliciously. I gulped. Elue didn't care about the scene happening in front of her, all she did was swipe through her phone.

"No!" I laughed, trying to rake my brain to see if there was a way of getting me away from this mess. I patted Queen's shoulders tightly, which forced her to tighten the hold she had on my chin, forcing me to wince. "Damian? Have you seen that guy? Who will have a crush on him? He's cold-blooded, a robot, so full of himself, inconsiderate, and let's not forget, a loner. Why on earth would I have a crush on him? But you Queen," I gestured to her with open palms. "You are perfect. You should date someone like Yinka—"

Queen pulled me and threw me hard on the floor, sending my head to make a great impact on the tiled floor. Ouch!

"S-sorry," I tried sitting but my head was spinning badly. "I shouldn't have said Yinka, I meant Maxwell."

Yinka was a skinny boy in our class and mostly the class joke. I believe that was why she reacted in such a manner. Poor Yinka.

"You think I'm here to play games with you?" Queen squatted close to me. I was still laying on the floor while holding my head. The spinning had stopped, but the aching was still there. Queen then turned to Chloe and Elue. "This girl is so dry with her jokes that I feel like entertaining myself by punching her."

"Let me do the honour," Queen chuckled as she got up and stepped aside so I could see Chloe wriggling both fists while approaching me. I forced myself into a sitting position because I love being alive and began sliding to the back with my butt.

Now I wish I didn't leave class. I wish Stella followed me. I kept sliding till I could slide no more as my back hit the wall forcing Chloe to let out a sinister laugh. It was clear in her eyes, she wanted to beat me to plump. Chloe bent a little and grabbed my school jacket tightly in her fist, pulling me to her eye level.

"If this would make you feel any better, this is going to hurt you more than it hurt me." Chloe spat before pushing her right fist back and aiming it at my face. I closed my eyes tighter than ever before hoping it would lessen the pain.

"What are you guys doing?" A cold voice echoed and I opened my eyes with a yelp. Chloe's fist was so, so close to my face before she got stopped.

"D-Damian," Queen began arranging her uniform. "It's not what it looks like."

I noticed Queen secretly gesturing for Chloe to let go of me which the latter did, forcing me to fall back on the floor.

I looked sideways to see Damian staring at me and my current state and I began to chuckle before muttering, "We were all joking around."

Damian squinted his eyes at me and I found myself shutting up. He directed his gaze back at Queen. "I'm not a fool, Queen. Leave now before I go report you to the principal."

"But Damian, she—"

"I said leave." His voice held so much authority, Queen would be a fool to disagree. She let out an audible groan before storming out of the place with Chloe and Elue behind her.

I was about to get up when Damian's sharp gaze landed on me, forcing me to sit back down. In my defence, it was because the ground felt more comfortable than my bed. "T-thank you."

Damian took calculative steps toward me and when he got to me, he stretched out his hand. I stared at it for a second and my eyes widened in realization.

"Oh shit, I just have three kay with me." I began to reach for my skirt pocket to bring out my purple wallet. "Would that be enough payment for helping me?"

"I don't need your money," Damian's deep voice was so soothing, I wanted to melt. "Take it."

I furrowed my brows. Take what? But then another realization sets in. No way was Damian saying I should hold his hand and help myself up. No effing way. But his hands were still outstretched and he was looking at me like his patience was wearing thin.

What have I got to lose?

I placed my right hand on top of his and he wrapped his fingers around mine as he gently pulled me up from the floor.

"T-thank you," I couldn't believe this just happened, and why couldn't I stop stuttering?

"Why were you all over me today?" Damian asked dryly and I looked around, hoping someone would come to save me from this mess.

"What do you mean?" I scratched the back of my neck, feigning ignorance.

"The Chemistry lab, front of the cafeteria," Damian said each word with each step towards me while I moved backward, scared of what he'd do. "You aren't the best actress out there, so my question now is why?"

My back hit the wall. With Damian so close now I directed my gaze elsewhere, hoping he'd get frustrated and leave. "Oh, that."

"Nsikan," I gasped, hearing my name from him. He knew my name? "Why?"

I let out a sigh and looked down at my white sneakers in shame. "The thing is, the day I gave you coke, Mr. Akan called for me. He told me how my grades were slipping and how I wouldn't pass my Waec or even the mock exams. I did all that because I wanted you to notice me. I wanted you to be my tutor."

All this while I was staring at my sneakers cause I couldn't look at Damian. Damian took a final step towards me, closing every gap we had left. "You want a cold-blooded robot that's also full of himself, inconsiderate, and a loner, to tutor you?"

My jaw dropped after hearing Damian using my exact words to describe himself. I quickly reached for his shoulders without thinking and held them. "I was lying! I mean have you seen yourself? If our world was a movie or a story in a book, you'd be the main character!"

I heard Damian scoff which was a first but just like every human reaction from him so far, this was also subtle.

"I'll tutor you," My eyes widened at his declaration. "But on one condition."

"Anything Damian, anything!" I exclaimed, my mother won't have a reason to murder me in my sleep and as a bonus, I get to hang out with the Damian. Damian's eyes fell on his shoulders, making me aware of the fact that I was still holding his shoulders.

"Sorry," I coughed and let go. "What condition?"

I still couldn't contain my excitement. Damian was willing to tutor me. Like for real, I wasn't dreaming? I could see my grades now, A' parallel. My mother would be so proud, she'd make headlines for me. Nothing could ruin this day.

"Impress me," Damian placed his hand in his pocket and before I knew it, he was walking away from me. I stared at his retrieving figure with a puzzled look.

"Impress him?" I muttered to myself. "Impress him with what?"

───※ ·❆· ※───

Hey guys, that's it for today.

What do you think about this chapter? Comment your thoughts while not forgetting to vote.

Love y'all ❤

This chapter is dedicated to michsokool

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.9K 12.2K 29
Trinity Academy is a school with it all. Amazing facilities. The good, the bad and the ugly teachers. Mean girls. Hot boys. And of course drama. Thi...
BABY TUNMISE By The Queen

Mystery / Thriller

47.9K 7.9K 19
Highest rank: #53 in Mystery/Thriller. Eight days after Baby Tunmise is born, his naming ceremony is celebrated and all goes well that day until the...
2.8K 77 12
" ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ง๐™š ๐™– ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ค๐™™ ๐™™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š๐™ง ๐™–๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š, ๐™—๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ข๐™š, ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ง๐™š ๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง "
61.7K 2.6K 37
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.