You and Me | βœ“

By sreeeshaa

𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 π’Œπ’π’π’˜ π’˜π’‰π’†π’“π’† π’Šπ’• 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’Šπ’• 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑴𝒆 ... More

00
Family Tree
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
Epilogue
MIHIR'S BOOK!!!!
Fun Facts!
πŸ“£
new book!

31

134K 9.7K 615
By sreeeshaa

Panic rushed through his veins as he called a doctor quickly, pacing around the room when she didn't wake up even after sprinkling water on her face.

Different new worries added to his thoughts with every passing minute.

A relieved sigh left his lips as he threw the door open, letting the doctor in, his family following behind.

"What happened? What's wrong?" His mother asked, looking at Roop and then back at him.

"I don't know...we were talking and she just fainted." He replied, the doctor looked at him before checking her, Amrit ignored the further questions his mother kept asking, waiting for the doctor to tell him what was wrong.

"Is she on any medication?" The doctor asked.

"No."

"Okay, any past diseases?" She asked further.

"No." He shook his head again, getting impatient as she checked her.

"From what I observed, she isn't eating properly for the past few days and her sugar levels got low due to that further reason for passing out is from exhaustion due to stress and pressure on her." The doctor said, getting up from the bed, "This is not good for her health, Mr. Mehrotra, I suggest you take care of her or else her health might get worse." She sighed.

"Why isn't she waking up?" He asked.

"Her body is too weak, I'll give her an injection, for the time being, she wake up soon. Don't worry about that, I've prescribed a multivitamin tablet, make sure she eats a meal three times a day and please, I can't stress on it enough, she can't handle too much pressure." She told him.

Amrit looked away when she injected her, leaving the room with the doctor to avoid the family members that were just increasing his anger.

"What did you do? She was fine before you came!" His mother accused him the moment he stepped back into the room.

"Was she? Was she fine before I came? She's not eating properly for the past few days- I'm not in the mood to argue right now so will y'all leave?" He took deep breaths to calm himself down, closing his eyes in frustration.

He wasn't aware of anything since he was away but what angered him that not even a single person thought something was wrong?

"I'm so sorry." He whispered to her, kissing her forehead as he sat beside her.

Caressing her head for a while, he decided to head downstairs to the kitchen but his mother interrupted in middle.

"Amrit. Stop right there." She called, walking over to him, "Was that the way you behave with your wife?" She asked angrily.

"No." He sighed, "I'm sorry for my behaviour."

"Does she know that?" She asked.

"She does."

"No matter how angry you are, you don't disrespect your wife in front of anyone. Not even yourself, this was the last time you treated her like that in my watch, next time it would be your dad in my place and he won't be as nice as I am." She warned, walking away from there.

"I'm sorry." He sighed, walking to the kitchen while shaking his head. He was wrong, he knew and if Roop wanted him to apologise infront of everyone, he would do that too.

Ritika saw him taking vegetables out of the refrigerator but she made no move to help him out, if she wasn't angry then maybe she would've made a move to help.

He noticed the already cooked pulao in a pot, keeping that aside he prepared fresh tomato soup and veggie stir fry.

"Bhai, laayein ye mai kar deti hoon." Avni frowned, seeing Amrit in the kitchen.
(Bhai, let me do this for you.)

"I'm capable of taking care of my wife on my own." He replied, not sparing her a glance.

"Bhai.."

"Leave."

Her face fell at his cold tone, "I didn't know she was-"

"That's the problem Avni. You spent the whole day with her yet you didn't know, can you please leave?" He asked.

"I'm sorry but-"

"It's not your fault why are you apologising?" He asked, pouring the soup into a bowl, "I'm not mad at you, I'm just mad at the situation and I don't want to say something that I might regret later." He added.

Avni sighed before leaving the kitchen while Amrit placed everything in a tray, taking it to his room.

Placing the tray on the nightstand, he sat beside her, calling her softly, "Ruh...wake up baby."

She stirred a little, opening her eyes after a while, a groan escaped her throat as she tried to sit, "Let me help." Amrit said, helping her up.

"Did I pass out again?" She asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Again?"

"I just...last night..." She trailed off.

"I don't appreciate you skipping meals Roop." He said sternly, taking a hold of her hand, "Look at those cheeks, where did they go?" He asked, touching her cheeks.

"Do I look better now?" She asked, hearing about the absence of her chubby cheeks.

"No. I like my Roop healthy." He replied, picking up the tray and keeping it on the bed, her eyes following the direction.

"This is for me?" She asked happily.

"Only for you." He replied, picking up the bowl of soup as he fed her.

"I think I love you." She joked, devouring the taste.

"I think I might start cooking for you every day." He teased her, feeding her another spoonful.

"Can I taste that too?" She asked, looking at the stir fry, he nodded, feeding her the veggies, "This is delicious, I didn't want to eat the pulao." Her nose scrunched up, remembering the dish.

"I knew you don't like it." He told her.

"How?" She asked, chewing softly.

"I noticed how your nose used to scrunch up every time it was made, you looked cute though." He replied, wiping the corner of her mouth with his thumb.

"You did?"

"Umhmm."

"You made this?" She asked, stuffing her mouth with the vegetables herself when he didn't.

"Yes, I did."

"You're a great cook." She told him.

"Thank you."

He didn't let her speak again till she finished her food, kissing her lips once she finished, "You scared me." He whispered, keeping the tray away.

"I was scared."

"I'm sorry you went through all that alone, I am but you shouldn't put your health at risk." He shook his head disappointedly.

"I won't do it again." She murmured slowly.

"Promise?" He forwarded his little finger.

"Promise." She replied, joining their fingers, smiling afterwards, "hug now?" She asked, opening her arms.

"Don't faint again." He replied, pulling her in a bear hug, and kissing the side of her head. A relieved sigh left both their lips, finally at peace after the whole drama.

"I don't wanna lose you." She whispered, looking up at him.

"You won't." He promised.

"I don't like it when you get angry." She told him.

"I'm sorry." He apologised, "You can punish me next time."

"Really? You have to...umm, let me think!" She pulled back excitedly, thinking of a perfect punishment, "I'll decide on a new punishment every time!" She said.

"That's...scaring me?"

"It should, you know what's your punishment for today?" She asked.

"Yes?"

"You should give me ten..no wait fifteen kisses, then I'll think about forgiving you." She suggested.

"You'll think after that?" He asked, leaning downwards, making her lie down on the bed.

"Yeah, your punishment starts now." She whispered, his lips descending on hers.

A smile graced their lips the moment they touched, Roop lost count of how many kisses he gave her when he ended with a forehead kiss, "Take some rest." He whispered, turning the lights off.

"You won't go na?" She asked, hugging him close.

"I won't, sleep." He replied, massaging her head till she fell into a deep slumber.

...
I'm overwhelmed by the love you showed in the last few chapters, thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

640K 31K 76
*NOT EDITED* This story is about three couples.... ................... ""Get ready," he said, noticing her fierce expression. "I won't be getting re...
3.1M 182K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
25.4K 1.9K 15
"π‘ͺ𝒂𝒏 𝑰 π’ˆπ’†π’• 𝒂 π’Œπ’Šπ’”π’”? 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒏 π’šπ’π’– π’Žπ’‚π’Œπ’† π’Šπ’• 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓?" β€’β€’β€’ "Only 5 months into this marriage, and we'll part our...
268K 8.5K 19
[ A NOT SO LONG STORY] "I don't like sharing what's mine. I don't even like when someone touches what's mine. And you Kiara, you are mine." Fuck, I...