The Maze Runner Brothers

RubyRoundhouse17 द्वारा

Thomas and Edward are sent up into the maze together, unable to remember anything apart from their names and... अधिक

Cast
Entering the Maze
Welcome to the Glade
We're Brothers!
Ben's Banishment
Into the Maze
A Night in the Maze
The First Girl
The Clue inside the Griever
The Girl Teresa
A Night in the Pit
A Possible Way Out
The Brother's Adventures in the Maze
Alby Remembers
Attack on the Glade
Regaining Memories
The Ultimate Decision
The Fight to Freedom
The Flare / Gally's Death
Edward
Two Young Boys
The Strange Compound
Something Stranger
Finding Answers
Escaping
The Mall of Cranks
Ruins and Memories
The Lightning Storm
A Bargain and an Attack
Bridges and Tunnels
Another Chase, Another Group
Sweet Moments
The Crank City
Rescues
The Right Arm
Reunions, then Attacks
WICKED Wins!
Hope
Amelia
Jerry
Stephen Sr.
Danielle
The Non-Immunes
Love and Comfort
The Last City
Reunions
The Father's Box
Goodbye Grievers
Sneaking into the City
The Plan: Teresa
Sneaking into WICKED
Reunited at Last
Is it too Late?
City Chase
Final Words from Father to Sons
The Safe Haven

The Final Showdown

265 8 1
RubyRoundhouse17 द्वारा

Thomas's eyes flickered awake. He saw light. He saw Edward, dozed off. Teresa was beside him, ejecting blood from his arm. He tried to move but he realised his arms were strapped and so were his legs.

Loud booms and crashes drummed outside the windows. He tilted his head and he could see the city descending into chaos in fires. Ava stared outwards. She turned her head around slowly and saw his venomous face. She approached him slowly, touching her fingertips against their father's fox. He growled seeing her touch the only remnant of their father. "If you're going to use your brutal methods on us, leave my brother alone,"

Ava to his surprise expressed a motherly face. "I'm not going to hurt either of you,"

"But you're gonna keep us here. You're gonna use us like your tools. Like we've always been. Like our dad was,"

The chancellor's expression broke hearing him spit his words of repulse to her. In a way, since she had taken them in she had developed a deep connection with them. To her, it seemed real but to the boys, it was just a ruse to make them follow her, to make them believe that WICKED was good.

Edward's eyes rolled open and he saw Teresa's face above him. She felt her hands touching his arm. "Don't touch me," he hissed, trying to move. She stood back taking the vial of his blood with him.

Janson entered the hospital room, eying the brothers dangerously. "You both are not going anywhere. We'll make sure to do that. Dr Paige, the choppers are ready,"

"Good," Ava glanced with a face that made the brothers think they could trust her; they wouldn't fall for it. "I will make sure they don't hurt you. I know I made a grave mistake forcing your father..."

"By threatening us!" Edward spat. "Tell us what happened to him!"

"I didn't order him killed," was her answer. "Somehow he had just passed in his sleep,"

Thomas snarled. "You're lying,"

"I'm sorry that your father died. But I didn't order him to be killed. And I'm sorry about what happened to your mother too," The boys' eyes burned with tears hearing her talk about their parents. They had often wondered what had happened to her. The Flare might have killed her but if their father had programmed that plague to match their DNA codes, would it have killed her too? No. She must have died for another reason. "Load them up," she ordered her henchman. "But do not hurt them," she walked off, the brothers staring out at them.

"Oh, wipe those eyes away," Janson mocked. "It's not like anyone else you love is going to get hurt," He stormed out of the lab, leaving Teresa alone with them. Edward eyed Teresa dangerously as she remorsefully walked out taking his blood and Thomas's with her, passing by the cackling Jerry.

Edward growled and tried to leap at him but his straps held him down.

"You can't do anything. You're chained up. Like a Crank," he cackled. "You're both not going anywhere. Soon we'll be leaving the City and you're never going to see anyone you love again,"

.....................................................................................................................................

"No! Newt! You can't come!" Minho tried to stop him from walking off with a gun but the cured crank wouldn't back down.

"We're not leaving him! Or Edward!" He didn't care if he was quite exhausted from being transformed back to his normal self from a savage being. What mattered to Newt was that his lover and his brother were safe. He would not let anything happen to either of them.

"But we can't just march up on the building!"

"Guys! Thomas and Edward gave their lives for us!" Chuck spoke up. "We have to try and get to them before they're taken from us forever!"

Before the argument could continue, Gally got a call. "Copy," he responded. "Guys! Some Right Arm members managed to hijack a copper. It's landing just outside,"

"Father, you get the kids in!" Amelia said. "We're going to save the brothers,"

"No. I won't let you," Vince grabbed her arm.

"Just you try and stop us," she dared.

"I'm coming with you," said Brenda, clicking her pistol.

"No Brenda," begged Jorge.

"You've gotta help Vince get the kids on," said Brenda, clasping his shoulder.

"What about all the Cranks? And the city people?" Sonya reminded. "We can't just abandon them either,"

"A jet wouldn't fit them all on,"

"We can high-jack another," alerted Lawrence. "My men are already on the case. If more choppers arrive, we're gonna need ammo in the air,"

Vince nodded, knowing no one would agree to anything else. "Then let's do this,"

"There'll be soldiers surrounding the main building," Harriet said. "But the Cranks will take care of that,"

"I'll need to alert some of the men and let them know you're going in," said Lawrence. He turned to Newt and Brenda. "You'll both need to hurry,"

"They're not going alone," Amelia cocked her gun "I'm coming too,"

"Me too," voted Minho.

Sonya, Aris, Harriet, Frypan and Gally stepped in. "They gave their lives for all of us," said Gally. "Now it's time for us to save them,"

"Just you try and stop me," challenged Chuck, stepping in. "I may be the youngest of us but I am not going to leave all the fun to you,"

"I'll keep you safe," promised Brenda.

"Let's do this. For Tom and Ed!" Newt battled-cried and the children and Right Arm men joined. They made their way out of the underground shelter and up the ladder to the surface above. They found themselves inside an abandoned parking building next to the demolished crank villages. They heard a chopper descending towards them. But it was an enemy one. Suddenly from out of nowhere, another chopper shot it down. It landed down and they saw dozens of Lawrence's men emerging from the back. This was their ticket out of here.

"Everyone inside!" ordered Vince. Instantly all the children scurried inside whilst the Gladers prepared themselves with some jeeps that Lawrence had summoned. They entered one. Lawrence entered another, one loaded with so many explosions. Before he entered, he pulled out an item from his pocket and handed it to Vince. "Give it to the brothers once this is over. Goodbye old friend," he offered a hand and Vince sadly shook it. He knew what was about to happen.

The Gladers eyed him worriedly. He smiled at them. "Give my best to the brothers. Don't let what I'm about to do be in vain," he entered the jeep, turned on the engine and drove ahead of them, joining the army of Cranks as they constantly invaded the city.

Amelia hugged her father. "I'll see you soon. I promise,"

"I love you. Just call me when you get them," Vince kissed her forehead and sharing a loving look on his face, he turned his back and entered the jeep. It closed and it ascended into the air. The Gladers sat in their seats, staring determinedly at the city on fire, at the tall building where their friends had been taken. Newt twisted his head staring at his sister and friends. "For Thomas and Edward,"

They nodded and let out a battle cry, Amelia pressed the pedals. The car flew like the wind through the hole in the wall; its riders charged with fury like the fire that burned around them, like the spark that burned in their hearts.

Lawrence looked in the middle mirror and saw the jeep with the Gladers behind them. He smiled. "You get them, kids," he looked upwards and he saw so many helicopters hovering over the city, firing missiles to take out the cranks but one of them staring firing at them. The Right Arm men had managed to high-jack another one and they were now using it as a weapon to take down their enemies. Dr Paige would not escape with the brothers, not the sons of his close friends. He kept on driving through the city, being followed by the Gladers. All the chaos spread around them. It was only a matter of time before the entire city was no more.

Chuck leaned out a little. He saw dozens of jeeps in front of the building, guarding it, preventing anyone to get inside from gaining the cure, the brothers. The others could see it.

Sonya eyed the dynamite in the back of Lawrence's jeep. "He's not," she couldn't believe it.

"He knows we can't get through that," Harriet said regrettably. "We can't let it be done in vain,"

Lawrence saw the squadron of over one-hundred soldiers shooting at him. Time to set up a firework display. Taking out a small flamethrower from a compartment, he lit a fuse right behind him. The countdown was set. For you Stephen.

Five. The soldiers shot a tyre but it kept going on.

Four. Chuck covered his eyes.

Three. Lawrence closed his eyes.

Two. Newt pressed his lips in sympathy.

One. "Goodbye Lawrence," Amelia bid, voice low.

Boom! The entire street exploded into a wave of fire and force. Amelia stopped the jeep and everyone braced themselves as they felt the power of that powerful explosion shake the world around them.

.....................................................................................................................................

Ava gasped when she heard a massive explosion. She rushed to the window and was shocked to see the large portion of her remaining soldiers dead in fire and flames. A jeep was coming towards the entrance.

.....................................................................................................................................

Shocked by the suicide of their friend, the Gladers vowed it would not be in vain. Amelia roared and pressed the pedal faster. The jeep accelerated to over 80 miles an hour and it crashed right through the entrance into the building. Gally and Minho shot the soldiers who tried to shoot down the intruders. Amelia pulled the brake and it spun into a sharp, sheer stop. They leapt out of their seats and bounded up the stairs.

Security came out of nowhere. "Go! I'll take care of them!" said Gally. Frypan joined in and they took out security. Everyone entered the lifts and pressed the up buttons.

.....................................................................................................................................

Ava was the only one who remained calm in the crowd of scared doctors who came rushing around.

"Dr Paige!" a woman cried. "The building has been infiltrated,"

"Deliver the boys to the chopper. I repeat deliver the boys to the chopper,"

"It's been shot down," A man cried out. "Two of our choppers have been highjacked by the army,"

The doctor was scared now. With no choice, she sprinted to her office.

.....................................................................................................................................

The group reached higher levels.

"Let's split up!" said Newt. He, Aris, Sonya and Brenda went one way. Amelia, Minho, Harriet, and Chuck went another.

.....................................................................................................................................

Ava was packing her things, gathering whatever she could before it was too late for her. She exited her office and tried to run one way but she paused when she saw Minho, Harriet, and Chuck, cold-faced, the Asian holding a gun. She stepped back slowly but didn't gasp in fear like they wanted her to. They marched menacingly upon her, forcing her into her office. Just then she felt someone behind her. She turned around and gasped when she saw it was her own daughter who looked into her eyes with nothing but hatred and distain.

"Where are Thomas and Edward?".

Ava refused to speak.

"You heard her," Minho pointed his gun at her. "Tell us where they are,"

Ava didn't show even the slightest hint of fear. "No,"

"You've hurt enough people already," Amelia hissed. "And you have harmed our friends in the foulest way imaginable. They will cure the world but in a good way. Not the WICKED way. Not your way. You think your doctors won't harm them? Like they've harmed us?"

As she spoke, Ava reflected on Janson, her second who had always shown less compassion to the immunes than she did. She then thought of Jerry, a teen who had always bullied and tormented other children, mainly Edward because he was so jealous of him. And the attraction that Teresa bared towards him. "If you did love me even the slightest despite how you used me, you'll tell us where they are,"

Ava gave in. "The lab. Upstairs. I swear," she spoke slowly.

Amelia lowered her gun. "I always wondered what kind of person could do such terrible things...but now that I see you, I think I understand. There's nothing inside you. Nothing at all. You're a monster. You're pathetic and shallow and empty,"

"Please," Ava begged. "Spare me," she knelt on the floor, hiding her scared face.

"As much as I want to..." Amelia felt her head shaking. "I just can't do it," she shut her wet eyes.

Minho touched her shoulder and stood before his former captor. "You can die here along with everything you built, everything that will now be destroyed,"

Giving her one final frown, the group of four turned around and left her. She slowly raised her head and watched as her daughter with her friends disappeared, caring more for Thomas and Edward than for her state of being alive. She was about to step forward when bang!

Blood stained her back. Her white clothes darkened. She fell to the floor, slamming the side of her face on the floor. A rat-faced man towered over her, grinning. "I'm in charge now, Dr Paige. Like before, you've always been too soft," Her eyes shut forever and the faint echo of retreating steps faded.

.....................................................................................................................................

Edward and Thomas tried to escape their bonds when Jerry suddenly entered the room again with some soldiers. "Take them," he ordered. The soldiers approached the beds and rolled them away. "Hard choices are going to have to be made. In time, the Flare virus will burn itself out. The question is, who will be the ones left standing? Thanks to you two, to this, we finally get to choose. A future of our own making. You both will help start something extraordinary,"

Nearby, Teresa was shocked by what she was hearing. Jerry was not going to share the cure with anyone but those he thought were worthy of living. He was going to keep it to himself.

"Split up! We'll divide the playing field!" The brothers were pushed out in different directions. They screamed out each other's names and tried to break free. Teresa followed after Edward.

.....................................................................................................................................

Newt and his party reached the top floor. "Tommy!" he cried out.

"Ed!" screamed Brenda.

"Guys!" Sonya hissed. "We can't let their captors know we're here," They came to a split. She went left with her brother. They entered an empty lab. "They were here," she said.

Suddenly loud banging made her scream and her brother shoot. "Go! Go!" he urged. They sprinted for it, keeping out of range.

"You go ahead!" Brenda urged her three teammates. "I've got this,"

"But Brenda.. you can't..."

"Just go!" she shouted.

Knowing they wouldn't convince her otherwise, the three sprinted off, leaving her to back them up.

.....................................................................................................................................

Thomas, who had been unbound from his bed, was shoved into Ava's office. To his shock, he saw her dead on the floor, right near Janson. The soldiers left him and Janson grabbed his t-shirt's neck hole. "You're coming with me," he sneered. "But first I'm gonna kill your friends who were foolish enough to come here,"

Tom struggled to breathe. He tried to reach for something to help him fight. He found an object on Ava's table. He whacked it against Janson's head and then punched him in the face.

.....................................................................................................................................

Jorge and Vince piloted the chopper above the city. They looked down and saw hundreds of Cranks and people scattering amongst the streets turning into chaos. "What a battle," the former observed.

Vince glanced at all the kids behind him. He looked through the windscreen again towards the WICKED building and he saw the entrance destroyed, the outside courtyard admonished with bodies everywhere. Lawrence had given his life so his daughter and her friends could save the brothers. "Rest in peace old friend," he prayed.

"Hold on!" Jorge shouted. Before Vince could react, Jorge pulled tight on the steering stick and the passengers screamed when they saw a missile dodge right past them. An enemy chopper was behind them. It was an air chase. Jorge wouldn't turn this into a dogfight. He stirred right and left; past tall buildings that were being destroyed by missiles. He went up and down but he couldn't dodge it.

Just then they heard a loud bang! Behind them. But it wasn't them. They hadn't been hit. Jorge steered back around and they saw it was another chopper. Right Arm members waved to them from the windows.

"Yeah!" Vince cheered. He picked up a radio. "Get as many people on as you can. Cranks too. Tell them we'll give them the cure!"

"Copy that!"

"Let's get to the tower," he ordered Jorge.

"Don't have to tell me twice," Jorge steered the chopper towards the tower. "Let's get our friends back," Right when he spoke, she saw more choppers appearing out of nowhere. The second highjacked one and shot two missiles. One enemy exploded. Another dodged it but instead of following after it, it headed right for the tower. "Oh no!" he screamed.

.....................................................................................................................................

Amelia and her party unaware of what had just happened tried to get to the stairs. Then of all a sudden, there was a massive boom and the entire building shook. They were knocked off their feet. Debris blew everywhere with glass and metal. Minho shielded Amelia with his body. Clouds of dust flew into their faces but his face had been cut by some glass.

"Ow!" It was Harriet. Something large had fallen on her leg. "My leg!"

.....................................................................................................................................

Thomas who had lost his focus with Janson after stumbling from the impact was rammed by his arch-rival into a wall and was knocked down. Janson pulled out a gun and pointed it at him. He did nothing but glare back.

"That's enough," the rat man sneered. "Don't make me kill you. Like I did your..."

Before he could finish, a bullet struck his hand and he screamed in pain. Thomas turned his head and saw Newt charging into the room and kicking Janson back, protecting him. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Though violent and short-tempered his Newt was here.

Janson couldn't believe it. "But you're.."

"I'm cured. And you're dead," Newt punched him. Then he kicked him between the legs and links fingers struck him under the chin with his clenched fists. The security director fell to the floor, his nose bleeding. He panted, controlling his breathing again. He would not act like a Crank. He was cured. He tilted his face and saw Thomas whose tears of joy spilt down his face. Instantly he pulled him to his feet and then to his lips and they shared a passionate kiss.

"All right! All right! Get a room you two!" groaned Sonya. She giggled. She helped Thomas and Aris shared a quick hug with Thomas.

"You all came for me," he breathed in relief.

"We'd never leave you behind," said Aris. "Where's Edward?"

"Jerry took him in a different direction,"

"Come on. Let's get you out of here," Newt slung his arm over him. "I'm never letting you go," They gazed into each other's eyes with passion.

"Really? Now?" groaned Sonya. "When we're trying to get out of this building?"

.....................................................................................................................................

Brenda tried to follow after her friends but the way had been blocked by too many electric cables. She couldn't risk getting zapped. She had to find another way.

.....................................................................................................................................

Minho and Amelia struggled to heave the heavy piece of building off Harriet. "Three. Two. One," The latter lifted with all her might and she and Minho managed to free Harriet but her leg was very sore. They coiled her arms around their necks and lifted her.

"We need to get you out of here," Minho said.

"But what about Thomas and Edward?" Harriet didn't care about her leg; getting Thomas and Edward out was more important.

"I'll go," voted Chuck. "You two get Harriet out. I'll find them," he dashed off. "Chuck! No!" Minho tried to stop him but the building exploded and the collapsing ceiling blocked their route. They couldn't reach him. The only available exit was down. All they could do was get Harriet out and hope and pray their friends would save the brothers and make it out.

.....................................................................................................................................

The soldiers and Jerry kept rolling Edward away. Jerry heard a call. "Go,"

"Thomas has escaped," his father's voice screeched. "Find him,"

"You all go," Jerry ordered the soldiers. They all sprinted off to catch the intruders. He pulled out his gun and aimed it at Edward.

"No," Teresa said. "We need both of them,"

"I don't care Teresa. We can just kill him and we can drain his body. It wouldn't make a difference. Hasn't he caused enough trouble already?" Jerry sneered cruelly. "Are you ready to die, Eddie? Are you ready to see your parents again?"

Edward couldn't shout back. He couldn't find the words.

Teresa slowly slid her hand down her leg to her shoe. Then all of a sudden, she whacked Jerry in the face and kicked his gun away. He fell to the floor. He unstrapped Edward from his bed. "Let's get out of here,"

.....................................................................................................................................

Thomas and the others struggled to find his brothers. They called out his name but no response came.

Outside the cranks launched missiles at the building at too many levels. One of them bombed the level, they were on and floor panels beneath them started coming back. Sonya screamed and she fell to the floor below. "Sonya!" cried her brother.

"I'll go after her! Just get Thomas out of here!" Aris leapt down before either of the boys could stop him. They tried to follow but fire erupted from the hole and they had to retreat to a corner. Fire was brewing around them. They wouldn't get off this safely. Just then through the smoke and dust, Thomas saw a risen gun.

"Newt!" Thomas pulled Newt into a side room as Janson's gun exploded behind them, barely missing them. They stumbled into a huge lab that had lots its electricity.

"We need to get out of here," Newt noticed something was wrong with Thomas. "What's wrong?" Thomas turned around slowly. Newt's breath was caught in his throat when he saw blood. His Tommy had been shot. He fell. "No!" he caught Thomas and laid him against some cupboard doors. Quickly he scrambled around for something to apply pressure. He found some tissues. "Put pressure on it,"

.....................................................................................................................................

Brenda managed to reach the top level but the roaring fires made her cough and her eyes burn. She covered her coat over her mouth. "Edward! Edward!"

"Brenda?" It was his voice. She turned around and her heart jumped for joy seeing him sprinting towards her. She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him, him hugging her tightly back. She looked just over her shoulders and just saw Teresa. "You!" she raised her gun.

"Brenda! Stop!" Edward grabbed her gun. "She saved my life!" Brenda wanted to argue but they didn't have the time. "Take us to my brother!" he ordered.

"Wait, Ed. There's something I need to say," she stopped him.

"Really? If you think an apology is gonna solve, it won't!" he snapped. "Now take me to him or Brenda can shoot you!"

"I just wanted to say..."

"Just take me to him!"

"Look out!" Before Edward could react, Teresa pushed him and Brenda out of the way and they landed on their backs as a loud crash landed right in front of them and a cloud of dust blew over their faces.

.....................................................................................................................................

Newt tried to patch up Thomas's wounds quickly but they could hear Janson's steps. Slow but menacing. He wasn't giving up. Newt tried to check for any ammo he had left but it was all out. He felt Tom's blooded hands clasp his. "Go," he begged. "Go,"

Newt shook his head. "Never," he swore. "I'll die rather than do that. I won't leave you," Hooking his arms under his armpits, he pulled him to a separate corner.

.....................................................................................................................................

Edward sat up, pain coursing through his entire body, dust covering his hair and face. He coughed as he helped Brenda sit up. He looked up and to his shock saw...

"Teresa!" He stumbled forward and saw her body half-crushed by the rubble. He turned white. What she had just done was an example of her true feelings for him. He knelt beside her, looking at her dying face.

"I'm sorry," she breathed out. "I tried,"

Edward couldn't believe he was crying a bit. "I know," Teresa exhaled slowly as her eyes shut tight-closed; she was gone. He couldn't believe she had sacrificed herself to save him and Brenda And now she had paid the price for it.

"Edward, we need to go," Brenda's voice was blocked out. "Edward! We need to go! Now!" Wiping his tears away, Edward grabbed her hand and she pulled him up. He took one last glance at Teresa's body and they dashed through the hallways to try and find a way out. The building was coming down. Brenda prayed everyone had made it out safely.

.....................................................................................................................................

Janson entered the silent lab with his gun. "Come on out Thomas. There's no need to be afraid. I thought we were friends," Eying him carefully behind a shelf, Newt narrowed his dark eyes at him, waiting for the moment to pounce.

.....................................................................................................................................

Edward held Brenda close to him, trying to find any way out or anyone else. Just then when they turned a corner, they saw Chuck.

"Chuckie!" Edward flew to his knees and hugged him tightly. "I was so scared I'd never see you again,"

"We'd never leave you," Chuck was crying for joy. "Come on. We have to get out,"

"But what about Thomas?"

"Newt and the others will have found him by now," he said. "This place is coming down around us. We've got to go!" Chuck tilted his face just slightly and right over Ed's shoulder was Jerry with a gun. "No!" he spun around Edward and Bang!

"No!" Edward cried, watching blood leaking from Chuck's heart. Brenda shot at Jerry keeping him back. His best friend fell to the floor. Her wet eyes fell on his face. "No Chuck. Stay with me. Stay with me," he begged. He stroked his face. The little boy was dying quickly, all life was leaving him. "Please, Chuck! You can't leave me. You've always been with me,"

"Always have been...always will," he croaked. He lifted his hands to Edward's bloodied hands. "You've given so much Eddie. Take it," He placed the totem in his best friend's hands and gave him one last smile before his eyes closed forever.

"Chuck!" Edward roared. He felt his heart, his spirit dying. That little boy he loved so much was his pride and joy. He sobbed as he hugged his face. "Chuck!" his eyes fell onto his face.

Brenda enraged roared in fury as she tried to shoot Jerry but her gun ran out. They had to run. She grabbed Edward's arm, shedding tears of her own as he cradled Chuck's lifeless face. He kissed his head and allowed her to pull him as the mad, mental Jerry chased them down, sprinting past his victim, the boy who had sacrificed his life to protect the youngest of the Mazerunner brothers.

.....................................................................................................................................

"You've got nowhere to go Thomas. I know you're injured," Janson saw drops of blood. "There you are,"

Newt tried to leap but Janson caught him off guard and he punched him to the ground, pointing his gun again. "Get up,"

The former Crank refusing to accept defeat stood up. "Where is he?"

"I'll never tell you," he said.

"You think he's special?" the rat-man showed off his rat teeth. "He didn't have to work hard all his life. He didn't have to get infected," he showed his exposed forearm, which was lined with black veins, the cause of his wicked madness.

"But it's his," Newt declared. "It will always be his,"

"Come on out, Thomas!" shouted Janson. "Do you really wanna lose another loved one?" His words didn't draw Thomas out. He knew he was injured and therefore he could need to drive him out another way. "You know Dr Paige was right. Your father did die in his sleep. I made sure to that,"

Thomas felt his heartbeat accelerate. It was Janson who had killed his father. "The last thing he thought of was you and your pathetic brother as I strangled the breath out of him. He died for you both. Just like he died for your mother who left me for him," Thomas tried to think of something. He saw a sharp tool on the floor and grabbed it. "So, what will it be Thomas? Do you want your Newt to die as well? What will it be?" Still nothing. "Fine. Have it your way!"

"Janson!" With all his strength, Thomas lunged at Janson with his weapon and fell onto him on the floor but Janson, stronger and with less severe wounds rolled him over.

"No!" Newt wrestled with him, trying to reach his gun but Janson was too strong and gained the upper hand.

.....................................................................................................................................

Jerry hunted Edward and Brenda in the east wing of the highest level. Edward stuffed Chuck's totem in his pocket as the fire smoke burned his eyes. "My Teresa died because of you! Your Chuckie friend died, because of you!" Jerry's cruel words made Edward's eyes morph wetter and wetter with every word. "You really wanna another death on your consciousness?"

Edward signalled for Brenda to move and she did. They saw a chance to sneak towards the stairs when Jerry appeared out of nowhere with a gun. "Put your hands up," Afraid for her life, Edward did that. She copied him. "Come on. Let's get real here," he approached his childhood victim more viciously. As he did, Brenda could see black veins pumping up his neck. He was turning into a Crank. "Let's not make this about you, shall we?"

Focused too much on Edward, he didn't see Brenda ram him into a glass screen. He grabbed her and threw her to the floor. "Brenda!" screamed Edward. He charged and his body rammed into Jerry's and they crashed through the glass windows.

.....................................................................................................................................

Newt refused to let Janson win; he fought to protect Tommy. But Janson suddenly raised his gun to his face when he felt a sharp stab him from behind. He chocked. Black saliva drooled from his lips. He slammed his face on the floor. Newt pushed him away and he fell on his side.

Thomas collapsed against a desk in shock, still clutching his wound. He had stabbed Janson right in the back, right into the heart. The man's rat face stared lifelessly into his wet eyes. His final breath left his black teeth. Thomas was pale with shock, horrified. He had killed a man. Killing the man who had killed his father made him shocked. He couldn't believe he had just done that. He felt a part of himself dying as well; his heart ached.

Newt recovered and hooked his arm over his neck. "Come on," as he pulled him up and they wobbled out of the lab, Thomas couldn't take his eyes off Janson. The image of his now-dead victim would scar him for life.

.....................................................................................................................................

Gally and Frypan had escaped outside, coughing out smoke. They watched nervously, waiting for their friends. Just then, they saw Harriet being carried by Amelia and Minho outside. "Harriet!" Frypan rushed over to help his friends.

Then emerging from the flames, they saw Sonya, limping against Aris. She was bruised and her arm had been burnt. The pair rushed over.

"Where are the others?" Gall asked.

"They're still inside," coughed Aris, tear-stricken. "The fire, it was everywhere,"

"We can't go back in," Minho remorsefully said.

Gally looked to the very top of the tower, it wasn't on fire. "If they make out alive, they'll have reached up there," he pulled out his com.

.....................................................................................................................................

Edward and Jerry wrestled and wrestled. Jerry forced Edward into a room that looked out of the city. He saw choppers fighting one another, and missiles shooting at buildings. This room would be blown up any moment now. The bully punch Edward right in the throat and he was knocked down. Defeated. Jerry was proud of himself. "You see Eddie," he knelt. "You will always lose,"

Edward, whose face was flopped on his right ear, scrunched his eyebrows. He was not defeated. "Not as long as I have friends!" he punched Jerry in the face and he stumbled back He punched his jaw and he fell back. "That was for Alby," Jerry stood up again. He growled and tried to attack him again. Edward swiped the back of his opponent's gun against his face and he fell again. "That was for Hans!" He bent down and grabbed his chin so he could face him, face to face. "And this is for Chuck!" He rammed the barrel of his rifle into his face and he fell back, his face bruised and bleeding all over. Edward stood over him. He saw his eyes roll up at him. He pointed the barrel at his heart. He wanted to pull the trigger but something held him back. He wanted to take his anger out and kill him. But he just couldn't do it. He lowered his weapon and glared coldly at Jerry's limbed body. "You're not worth it," He turned his back and went to Brenda choosing her over revenge. He helped her up and as she limped against him, they left the room. But he heard crumbling and fire. They turned around and saw Jerry's room collapsing with the body. His ear-screeching screams echoed before death took him.

Brenda breathed out and looked into Edward's eyes. "You were a better man,"

Edward said nothing but held her close. They stumbled through the corridors but no exit was fun. Just then they saw Thomas and Newt ahead of them. "Tom!" they managed to rush over to them. "Oh no," his brother was bleeding. He couldn't lose him too. "Come on," He snaked Thomas's other arm around his neck to help Newt, and Brenda managed to walk in front of them keeping Thomas's wound pressured.

They found some stairs. They tried to go down but it was up in flames. They went upstairs to the chopper platform. But when they went right out the door, all they saw were flames everywhere. And a burning city standing around them. No help was coming. They tried to go back the other way but it exploded behind them. They were trapped. Thomas fell back and Newt gently caught him placing him on the ground. They huddled together, scared that this was their end. Newt and Brenda cried, looking at the tearful brothers. "We're sorry," cried Brenda. "We tried,"

"We know," Edward hugged her. "You came for us,"

"We all did," Newt sniffled.

"At least we can all be together here," as Newt and his brother supported his head and upper body, Thomas knew he would have no fear of dying. They held each other together, ready to burn together. What mattered to them was that WICKED was defeated and they would never harm anyone again. As they closed their eyes and succumbed to their death within minutes, they heard loud spinner blades behind them. They stared around and saw a WICKED chopper and right through the windshield, Jorge, Gally, Minho, Amelia, Sonya, Aris...

"They're here!" Edward cheered. "Come on," He and Newt helped Thomas up but he was growing weaker every second. "No! We are not going to lose you!"

The chopper turned around and the back hatch opened. Vince and Minho stood with a rope attached to their belts. "Guys!"

"Come on Tommy. You can make it," said Newt. "Just a few more steps,"

Tommy's vision was blurry with loss of blood. They reached the very edge.

"Give me your hand!" Vince held it out.

"You've gotta get closer!" cried Brenda.

Jorge struggled. "Come on. Come on. Come on," The chopper moved just a little bit backwards.

"Come on reach!" Minho screamed. "Reach!"

"Three. Two. One," Newt counted down. "Now!" He and Thomas and Minho and Vince caught him and pulled him on board. Then Newt leapt on board. Amelia grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

"You go!" Edward urged Brenda.

"No, you go," she insisted. He tried to argue. "Just jump!"

Edward took a deep breath and leapt and Amelia caught his hand too. He turned around to Brenda. "Come on Brenda!"

Before Brenda could jump, they heard a loud boom and then crash. Turning around she saw a tall building behind them collapse right on top of the building, she was still standing on. The platform below gave away and she fell.

"No!" Edward would not lose her too. He grabbed a rope attached to a carabiner, clipped it to his belt, leapt from the chopper, and dived down, tucking his arms in. The group could do nothing but watch as he and Brenda plunged into the clouds of red and dust as the WICKED building was demolished. They watched the bundles of rope falling after him. As it reached its end, it started to snap. Quickly, Gally, Frypan and Minho grabbed it feeling heavy at the very end.

"Now pull him up quickly!" Amelia shouted.

The three boys assisted by some men tugged on the rope. Thomas, lying down, watched weakly feeling his life force fading away. Newt cradled his face. "Just stay with me, Tommy. Okay. Stay with me,"

They heaved and heaved. Amelia looked down seeing only fire and dust. No sign of them. Her heart felt heavy. The rope was heavy so they had to be alive. Or at least one of them. Her heart lifted and she cheered for joy when she saw Edward at the very end, clinging on tightly, Brenda tightly wrapped around him. Once their rope was pulled up, the boys grabbed their hands and heaved them onto the carrier. They were alive and safe. Edward's face had a long stretch of blood down his cheek and ear. Brenda was all right but bruised.

Brenda collapsed against his side; he held her close. He reached into his pocket and pulled out Chuck's totem smeared with his blood. Gally knelt before them, knowing what had become of their dear friend. "I'm so sorry. Truly I am," He knew how much that boy had meant to him.

"We will always remember him," Amelia wiped her eyes. She turned her attention to Thomas, dying in Newt's arms. "Get some bandages. We are not losing another friend today,"

Panting and exhausted from everything, Edward remained where he was too. To crestfallen to go over to his brother. He tilted his head from left to right. He saw Frypan comforting Harriet whose leg was in bad shape and Sonya who was tended to by Aris. Jorge twisted his head to see him and Brenda alive together and he smiled.

Vince, Minho and Amelia wrapped bandages around Thomas's stomach as his eyes closed, Newt still cradling his face, wiping his wet eyes. They were all safe. And most importantly they were all together.

The two now four highjacked carriers carried them all. Every child, teen, Right Arm member, Crank and city member who had survived this great battle for the future of humanity across the sky, far away from the Last City which had burned to a crisp. They were flying to a new home.

.....................................................................................................................................

Since this was the final showdown. I wanted it to be the very last one. What did you all think? I hope you all enjoyed it. I'm so sorry that Chuck died in this chapter. Only one chapter to go and then this story is finished. See you all this weekend. 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

to love too late c द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

15.8K 539 49
newt x reader they're stuck in the maze, all desperately needing a way to get out. how long will it take? will they even make it? what happens after...
2K 24 21
Eight months after The Last City fight, the gladers find their home in the safe haven, safe from WCKD. Everyone had found their mental peace, everyon...
6.8K 75 13
❝If you ain't scared, you ain't human.❞ Elizabeth woke up in a metal box, no memories, she couldn't even recall how she got there. Arriving at the gl...
196 8 6
A Newt x reader fanfic Y/N wakes up in a glade surrounded by a maze and she's all alone. But just a week later, more people arrive. Problem? They're...