─ alianova ; academy

By LivelyPotter

─ in which alianova romanova ravenstahl, the white widow of the red room, gets sent to live wit... More

cast
epigraph
graphic gallery
information
alianova
prologue
i. red room
ii. scars
iii. rescued
iv. natalia
v. uncle
vi. diner
vii. north
ix. lana
x. mavis
xi. breaking ties
xii. suit-man-owen
xiii. mending friendships
xiv. shopping trip
xv. reluctant meetings
xvi. cupcake
xvii. nightmares
xviii. birthday
xix. fifty shades of grey
xx. raven
xxi. emotions
xxii. found
act two
xxiii. red dust
xxiv. beginning
xxv. lie
xxvi. truth
xxvii. father
xxviii. memories
xxix. captured
xxx. oksana
xxxi. the great escape
xxxii. burn together
xxxiii. hospitals
xxxiv. love conquers all

viii. tree climbing

1.4K 80 20
By LivelyPotter

ALIANOVA'S POV
CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA

I HAVE COME TO UNDERSTAND THAT LUKE TAYLOR WAS ONE OF THE NICEST PEOPLE I'V EVER MET.

Really.

Was Charleston full of nice, attractive men?

I had been around him for four hours already, and I knew there wasn't a bad bone in his body. It was two pm, and according to North the diner shut down at five. That's when he would take me home.

Home? I'd only been living with Uncle for a couple days, and I'd already thought of it as my home?

I shook my head and frowned sadly as my reality came crashing down. As soon as Nat got a lead on Dreykov and Madam B, we would track them down together and end them. For good. That way they couldn't hurt anybody anymore. Then I would leave Charleston, and more than likely never come back.

I'd never see North, my first friend, again.

Maybe it was a good thing-if he ever found out the whole truth about my past, he would be disgusted by me.

"You okay, sweets?"

"I'm fine, Luke." I forced a smile and looked up at the blond male as I helped put the burgers on plates. North was behind us frying more food. It was a busy day at the diner, according to Luke, so I was grateful I was able to help them.

"Luke!" Uncle called, popping his head back inside the kitchen, "I need some help taking orders out here. Jessica had to leave early something about an emergency with one of her teachers. Can you help?"

"Uh," Luke looked up from the bowl of ground beef and peppers he was mixing with his gloved hands. "Give me a minute, Uncle." He called back, before I stopped him.

"It's okay." I said, looking up at him, "I can do it Uncle." I said, placing the last burger on the plate. Uncle's face brightened before he shoved a notepad and pen in my hands.

"Here you go. It shouldn't be too hard to manage, just write down what they want and hand it to me."

"Got it." I nodded, taking in a deep breath before walking out of the kitchen. I looked around and saw a table full of people that hadn't ordered yet and scurried over towards them.

"Hello," I smiled awkwardly, "What can I get you?"

Once they started placing their orders, I scrawled them down on the notepad and handed it to uncle, who was filling up cups with soda behind the tall counter.

Table by table, I took orders effectively until I came to a table with a familiar man.

"What can I get you?" I asked the three men at the table, looking down at my notepad.

"Sweet bird!" Dr. Roberts greeted with a wide smile, "How are you?" He asked, leaning forward as the two men across from him stared with a raised brow.

"I'm fine, Dr. Roberts. How are you?" I returned, smiling slightly.

"I'm great. Can I get the burger combo, please?"

I nodded and quickly scribbled his order down and waited for the other two to speak.

My eyes shot up to stare at the blond-haired man as he leaned forward, he looked around twenty-six years old, but the beautiful kind smile on his face made him appear younger.

He had sandy blond hair, with gentle curls to the middle of his ears, and a kind heart-shaped face. His dazzling green eyes mesmerized me, I even saw a hazel ring closer to the pupil.

"I'll have the same, Owen?" He asked without taking his sparking eyes off me. I looked down and scribbled his order to look away from his handsome face.

"I will have plain black coffee, please." A deep voice said from beside me. I nodded and scribbled it down before meeting his eyes.

The man that blondie called, 'Owen' looked around the same age as his friend. He has brown hair, gelled away from his face to perfection and steel grey eyes that were behind square framed glasses. His pale skin was unblemished with an angular bone structure. His smooth perfect hands, save for a scar on the top of his right hand, were clasped together on the table. He was dressed in a crisp suit and a plum colored tie.

"Got it." I nodded looking at his face, the mask on his face seemed as perfect as mine. But, if you looked deeper, nothing could hide the inner pain he had gone through in his life.

I walked back to Uncle's side and handed him the order. "Here's Dr. Robert's order-and his friends." I said, jerking my head in their direction. Uncle's face brightened as the looked at the three men.

"Alright, little bird. Hand this to Luke and North, eh?" He said, giving the order back to me and walking to the table they were sitting at. I shrugged and walked back inside the kitchen, seeing Mavis, Luke, and North standing around the counter. I handed the paper to North before he quickly reads it.

"Simple enough. I was just finishing the last round of burgers," He mumbles, turning his back to us as Luke winked down at me and helped complete the order. To get away from the vicious girl standing across from me, I grabbed a clean, empty coffee cup before filling it with the steaming coffee.

"Here." North said bluntly, handing the two orders of food to Mavis. She rolled her eyes and took the food from North. "Here, let me get this." North mumbled, gently taking the hot coffee out of my hands. "This could burn you if you aren't careful." He said sweetly, giving me his special smile before handing the cup to Mavis.

"Here, this goes with the order," he said, turning around as her mouth dropped open. "Why didn't you tell me to be careful?" She asked, voice rising, glaring at Luke as he laughed.

"Because you've worked here for a year and a half, Mavis." North rolled his dark eyes, "You know the ropes."

I turned around quickly to hide the growing smile on my face. Luke on the other hand was doing nothing to hide his amusement as he openly smirked at the steaming blond. Mavis huffed loudly and carried the food and coffee out of the kitchen.

"I don't think she likes me," I mused, gently moving my shoulders. Luke sighed playfully as he mimicked my actions. "She doesn't like anyone other than her family, Jessica, and ole' Northy there." He joked, ducking underneath North's flying arm.

"Oh," I nodded, "So it's not just me?"

"No, little angel." North smirked slightly, standing beside me.

Little Angel? The nickname warmed my heart but shocked me too. I was anything but an angel, the name demon fit me more.

I was thankful I wasn't the only one that was shocked, beside me Luke watched North with wide eyes before looking away, a tiny smirk resting on his plump lips.

"Well, we better get back to work, then." Luke sighed, "Mavis's mom called and begged us to show up for dinner later. I can't say I'm looking forward to sitting beside North and Mavis during dinner."

AT FIVE PM, UNCLE FINALLY CLOSED THE DINER ONCE THE LAST CUSTOMER LEFT.

"Are you ready to go, little bird?" Uncle questioned, turning to face North, Luke and I as we waited.

"Yeah." I smiled, meaning to walk forward and join him until North grasped my arm.

"I'll take her home Uncle." He said gruffly, his large palm circling around my forearm gently. Uncle's dark brows shot up, "You're headed in the opposite direction, North, Why-Oh." Uncle smirked widely as he was struck by some thought.

"Are you okay, Uncle?" I asked, seeing him look at North, keeping the large smirk on his face. "I'm perfectly fine, Little Bird. Drive safely, North." He chuckled, before walking towards his truck.

North slowly slid his hand down the length of my forearm before holding my tiny hand in his, dwarfing it completely. The butterflies fluttering around in my belly were going wild. It took everything in me not to shudder.

"I'll go and join the other back at the house." Luke cackled, "I'll tell them what you're doing." He sung before jogging across the lot to a dark blue BMW.

"North?" I asked softly, looking up at him. North cocked a brow and gently led me over to his jeep before picking me up and setting me on the passenger seat. He stood beside me as I buckled up,

"What's wrong with Uncle and Luke? They're acting weird."

"They're fine. Luke's just an idiot."

ONCE NORTH DROPPED ME OFF AT UNCLE'S HOUSE, I RUSHED INSIDE.

Uncle was watching TV when I walked inside, so I sent him a smile and a wave before I rushed to my room.

I peeled off my dark jeans and pulled on a pair of my sweatpants. I sighed and hugged the large fluffy pillow on my bed as I contemplated.

I was getting comfortable here. Too comfortable.

I was worried Nat would come back and take me away. I missed her, but I also like staying here with Uncle, and I liked hanging out with North.

After an hour of overthinking, I frowned and raked my hand roughly across my face before standing. I opened the big window to allow some cool air through before I took everything off my bed.

Making my bed was therapeutic and gave me a distraction I needed.

I started off by beating the pillows with force to fluff them as a hard wind blew through and took one of my bed sheets out with it while my back was turned.

"You have to be kidding me," I mumbled, tiredly. I clenched my fists and I peered out of the window, seeing the lavender colored sheet tangle within the branches of the tall, large white oak tree just outside my window.

"Tree climbing wasn't on the agenda today, but oh well," I mused, tucking the strands of golden-brown hair behind my ears before placing my bare feet on the windowsill.

The distance between a large branch of the tree and my window wasn't that great. I could jump and grasp the limb with ease. I cracked my knuckles and steadied my breathing and failed to notice two large Mercedes SUV's pull into Uncle's driveway.

Both of the cars skidded to a stop quickly and multiple figures jumped out of the cars. I breathed deeply, took a chance and jumped.

"ALIA!" A deep voiced boomed loudly as I grasped the wide branch. I jumped, shocked and looked down.

"North?" I called down, seeing his figure stalk across the yard, steaming partially coming from his ears.

His expression was angry, dark. A shiver raced down my spine as I held onto the branch, the stiches strain and rip. The burning pain of my scar ripping apart was blinding.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING UP THERE?" He screamed, "ARE YOU TRYING TO FUCKING KILL YOURSELF?" The sound of his pissed-off voice was scary, even I had to admit that. I could spot Luke from far-off beside another giant male, and another model-like man.

"I'm not trying to off myself," I rolled my eyes, pulling myself up and sitting on the branch, feeling something wet, warm, and sticky run down my back.

Blood.

"THEN WHY THE HELL ARE YOU UP THERE?" North screamed back, hands on his lips as he stood below me. "My bedsheet blew out my window," I said pointing to the sheet tangled in the branches a few feet away.

"FUCKING HELL! HOLD ON, I'LL BE THERE IN A MINUTE!" He roared back, turning around and stalking inside the house. My shoulders slumped before I jumped up, arms by my side as I balanced. Luke, yards away, seemed worried but awestruck as I walked down the branch with ease.

I hummed underneath my breath as I untangled my sheet as Uncle stepped outside the house, and spotting me.

Uncle shook with head with an amused smile, "Be careful up there, Little Bird! North's on a war path!" He called, chuckled as the people who arrived with North walked inside the house.

I could see Blondie and Suit-Man-Owen with them.

I swallowed hard and looked at my open window. North was waiting there with the same rageful expression, and his huge arms crossed. I sighed and crossed over the branch to my window.

I threw my sheet through my window, not minding the blood running slowly down my back, before I grabbed North's outstretched arms. He pulled me quickly back inside the window before setting me down.

I ignored his glare, "Thanks." I said before shaking out the sheet and placing it over my bed. Within a couple minutes I was able to make my bed.

North was still in my room. Still glaring.

"I'm sorry I scared you." I mumbled, setting down. I needed to get him to go back downstairs, then I needed to inspect the damage that I did to my back.

Dr. Robert's wouldn't be happy about this.

"I'm sorry too." He mumbled, sighing. North took a seat besides, "I shouldn't have yelled." He spoke quietly.

"How was the dinner?" I asked, changing the subject. North rolled his eyes, "Tiring, but it wasn't so bad with Avery and Lana around."

"Can I ask you something?" I asked, turning towards him.

"Anything." He replied, facing me. My heart fluttered at the way he was staring at me. It was like he is staring right into my soul.

"Why do you put up with Mavis? You seem annoyed by her."

North sighed and leaned back on his hands as he thought about my question. "Well, it's a lot to do with her dad and adoptive mom." He said, "If I'm outright cruel to her, she'll go crying to Lana, and the last thing Lana needs is more stress into her life." He sighs sadly.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, brows drawing together, "Ah, sorry. I'm being pushy." I apologized. I really needed to learn to keep quiet.

"It's okay. It's public knowledge by now," North chuckled deeply, glancing over towards me. I grabbed my fluffy pillow and hugged it. "Before Lana came to Charleston and married Avery, Dirk, and Austin, she had a daughter."

He paused closed his eyes and continued. With every word, my heart dropped into my belly. This tale sounds familiar. I quietly scoffed and pushed my thoughts away.

"Lana's daughter was kidnapped and found dead around this time." North said, pursing his lips. "All of us are careful around Lana during this time."

North stood up and held out a hand.

"Is Lana her full name?" I asked, North shook his head, "No. I think her full name is Oskana-but we all call her Lana for short."

"You want to come downstairs?" He asked, I shook my head quickly and hid my expression from view. "I need to use the bathroom. I'll be down soon."

I needed to talk to Uncle.

Now.

I jumped up and stormed past North and entered the bathroom as soon as I stepped out of my room. Once the door was shut and locked, I braced my hands on the sink and breathed.

Why couldn't I put the pieces together sooner?

I should have known.

Nat had said they were here.

She replaced me.

She really moved on, although still saddened by the though of my 'death'.

I don't know why the thought hurt so much.

A/N: THIS IS THE FINAL CHAPTER I AM WRITING TODAY.

Bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 347 14
DOLLHOUSE. In which Elena Reyes goes through the ups and downs of many unwanted adventures. Or In which Elena Reyes in reunited with her family.
3K 58 14
Basically what the title says Fem!reader It will never be proof read so if there are mistakes I'm sorry Content meanings: ⚠️ Trigger warnings Request...
110K 4.2K 60
This is the SEVENTH book in the RED ROOM series ! Ally managed to be on the surviving half of the snap, but some of the people she would now call he...
129K 3.9K 64
"𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 '𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋', 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄." Natasha Romanoff and Yelena Belova weren't the only girls to escape the cl...