Irya Aillie Stark - D. M. (Ha...

By RiddStrk

Ever since I can remember, nothing but perfection has been expected from me. I have trained and studied all m... More

Cast
Prologue
DIAGON ALLEY
BACK AT HOGWARTS
METALLIC
KATIE BELL
IN ANOTHER LIFE
SLUGHORN'S PARTY
HELP
DUMBLEDORE
PROUD
HE KNOWS
HOGWARTS
A LETTER
ASTORIA
HYDRA
EXPERIMENT
A MURDERER
TORTURE
MUTATION
Author's note
ICE COLD
DECISIONS
TONY STARK
SHIELD'S SECRETS
THE TRUTH
THE BATTLE OF NEW YORK
THE BATTLE OF HOGWARTS
MALIBU
A BITTERSWEET DREAM
FREAK
BIRTHDAY
ROSE HILL, TENNESSEE
AIM
FACING KILLIAN

NOT HYDRA

248 10 2
By RiddStrk

After a long bus journey I had arrived at a bigger city, and the first thing I did was find an abandoned building in which I decided to stay for the time being.

The money I had stole from the guards was enough to buy myself some warmer clothes, and I had managed to buy at a thrift store a couple of shirts, two jeans and one more sweater for which I was grateful, because even if the cold didn't actually bother me it helped so people stopped looking at me like I'm crazy.

It's been a few days since I got out of Hydra, about one week to be more precise. About a week since I got my freedom. 

Since I got to the city I had been spending my time walking around, getting to know the city and just loving the feeling that for the first time in my entire life I am finally able to do whatever the hell I want.

I have also been looking for a job, not only to get money but also to occupy my mind, because lately with the not having to constantly try to survive I find my mind going back to the wizarding world, wondering what's going on, what has happened and if it has come to an end already. 

I wonder how everyone has been, did Voldemort's plan work? Did he win? Or perhaps, maybe Potter has already found a way to kill him for once and for all, or maybe he's dead. It's killing me little by little.

Thankfully though, I found a job offer at a coffee shop near the building I'm currently staying in, so that should be enough to distract me for now. 

----------

It's May 1st, and this whole building a new life thing has been going great. I got the job at the coffee place, and I have to say that although having to deal with people has proven itself a bit difficult, learning how to make the different types of drinks has been really entertaining and enjoyable.

It's night already, and I have to admit it, today has officially been the hardest day at the coffee shop, it was basically packed all day with customers going in and out, asking for all kinds of drinks that I barely have just learned how to make. But somehow I managed to make it to the end of the day, and now the coffee shop is completely empty, seeing as it's 9:45 and we close at 10.

Even though it's been such a short amount of time I've learned a lot of things from the muggles, like how they have this weird technology addiction, they literally can't do anything without relying on some form of technology help, like for example the machines that we use to make the coffee. Other thing that surprised me was this little device they use called smartphone, which is a little device they use to communicate and play and take pictures and all kind of weird things, I have to admit it is pretty interesting how they've managed to invent things that make their lives easier to make up for the fact that they don't have magic.

They are pretty witty I must say. Maybe the Weasley's weren't so wrong with being fascinated by the muggle world.

Even though everything has been working out for me, although I do have to find myself a flat or something when I get my first paycheck because I definitely can't live in that abandoned building for long, something has been bugging me, lately I've been feeling like I'm being watched. From the moment I walk out of the building and walk to the coffee shop, that I went out to the park, or when I went to the store, and even when I go to that gym at which I have been paying a couple of visits since I discovered I can pay to take a shower. Even being here inside the coffee shop all day, I feel like someone's watching me, studying me.

And the thing is that I can't be sure who it is. Maybe it's those Hydra idiots, perhaps they still haven't learned their lesson and are still looking for a way to take me back with them. But then again, what if Voldemort found out I escaped and he sent death eaters to take me back to London?

As I was thinking about it, while cleaning up a table, I heard the bell signalling a customer had come in. I walked to behind the counter quickly, putting on a smile as I prepared to take the new customers order.

"Hello! Welcome, what can I get for you?" I said in perfect russian. The customer was a woman in her twenties, with pretty green eyes and short beautiful dark red hair. 

"Hello, I'll have an Americano." She said smiling.

"Right away, what's the name?" I said, writing down her order.

She took a long second before she eventually answered. "Nat."

"Got it, I'll call you when it's done." I got to work in making her coffee. It didn't really take long making it, since it was one of the easiest drinks, so a couple of minutes later I called her name. "Here it is, have a great night." I gave her the cup, and she smiled as she spoke.

"You too." She walked out the door. I checked the clock on the wall to see it was 9:55, oh well, I don't think anyone else is going to get here five minutes before we close. I started preparing everything, and finished cleaning the last table right as the clock marked 10.

I closed the curtains and made sure everything was in it's place, while the other girl that worked the night shift with me finished counting the money and cleaning the coffee machines.

"Hey, if you're done with everything you can go home." She said, as she was cleaning one of the machines.

"Are you sure? I could help you clean that, it's no problem." I felt bad leaving her on her own, but even though I offered to do it I have no idea how to clean those machines.

"Yes, it's okay. I'll see you tomorrow." She didn't even look at me, as she put some music on her smartphone.

"Okay, thank you. See you tomorrow." I took my hair out of the ponytail we had to wear it in, and I walked out of the shop.

The moment I walked outside I could feel someone's gaze on me, but when I turned to try to find who was watching me I couldn't see anyone. The streets were basically empty, but the unsettling feeling of someone watching me was still very much present.

I decided to stop at a convenience store, but even here I could feel whoever it was spying on me. I walked through many different aisles, trying to see who was in the store and maybe find the creep that has been stalking me.

The store was mostly empty, only a couple of people in it: a lady with her children buying groceries, an elderly couple on the pharmacy section, a woman on the feminine hygiene aisle and me, so far nobody looked suspicious.

I could, however, still feel as I was being watched. Maybe I'm crazy and it's just my imagination? I'm paranoid, maybe, after everything that happened I wouldn't be able to blame myself for it if that's the case. But I just don't think that's it, though.

I walked to the counter, paying for some cookies I got so it wouldn't be weird that I just walked in without getting anything. I walked quickly out of the store, the annoying little music that sounded everytime the door opened saying goodbye to me. I walked a few steps down the street, out of sight from the store.

I feel so stupid, I'm going crazy. But then I heard the music at the door again, out walking the woman I had seen before, except I recognized her from earlier than the store, it's the woman that went into the coffee shop no more than twenty minutes ago.

I looked at her, frowning. Is she the one that's been following me around?

She seemed caught of guard to see me looking at her, realizing I recognized her, but that was only for a split second, before she continued walking, crossing the street.

Weird, she didn't seem to have bought anything.

I try to push the thought aside, it's just a coincidence. I start walking again, to the other side the woman had walked off to, finally walking towards the building I'm staying at.

I try to think about something else, my mind going to those smartphones everyone seems to have, maybe I'll save to buy one, just so it doesn't look suspicious I don't have one.

I have to say, I was doing a pretty good job at distracting myself from thinking about how weird that encounter was, I had already walked down half a block away from the store, when out of anxiety I decided I'd look back, just in case.

Then I saw her again, from across the street and walking a little bit behind me, now with the hoodie of the black sweater she's wearing over her heard, trying to hide her hair, but it was useless, I recognized her right away.

Okay, so the good thing is that I was right about someone following me. Bad news is someone is following me.

Okay one thing's for sure, I had never seen her before so that means she's not a death eater, meaning she must be with those Hydra monsters. I'm so sick of them, why can't they just leave me alone?!

I suddenly felt so angry, I did something really reckless, it felt like I was on automatic mode. I crossed the street and angrily walked up to her, she stopped the moment she saw me making my way to her, her body tensing as she saw how I was feeling by the way I was walking.

I pushed her back, which caught her off guard but she quickly regained her balance. I saw a bit of anger cross her features, but it almost instantly became confusion. Then, I started yelling at her.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! Stop following me!" I pushed her back, and she did not stop me. "When will you understand it, you won't ever get to take me with you again! Didn't you understand?" I lowered my voice, not yelling anymore but making sure my tone was threatening enough so she could see I meant it. "I thought you'd give up when I froze those idiots last week. You better understand, if you try to take me I will fight and I will kill every last one of the idiots you send to get me." I slowed down at the end, stressing every word as I said it.

Confusion filled her face, and she seemed to get a little bit nervous when I mentioned the guards I froze, like that was new information for her. Well done Hydra, I can't believe they are so stupid they won't even tell the people they're sending to get me what they will have to face so they can make an strategy.

"This is your last chance. Stop it." I said, and I turned around walking firmly and fast, I just want to get to the building so I can get some fucking sleep, it's been a long day.

"Wait!" She spoke in english, when I'd already walked a few metres away. "I'm not with them, I don't work for who you think I do. I just want to talk, wait!"  She ran so she could catch up to me, and put her hand in my right shoulder to try to get me to stop.

I reacted immediately, grabbing her hand and twisting it back. "I don't give a damn who you work for, get away from me." I let go of her arm, and started walking again.

"I'm afraid I can't, you have to come with me." She continued walking, but this time when she caught up with me again she grabbed my arm, pulling me so I'd stop. I've had enough of playing.

I kicked her leg, making her lose her balance, and taking the chance since her grip on my arm loosened for a moment, I raised my other hand, freezing her to the ground and pulling my arm away from her. "I told you to stop." I turned around and just when I was about to start walking again I heard her say out loud.

"I need a hand, now." Shit.

I started running and turning around a random corner, when I heard footsteps behind me. I looked back as I kept on running, and saw at least three people following me, running after me.

"Stop, now!" Said one of them. Yeah, of course I'll stop just because you say so, why didn't you say it sooner? I swear, the send even more stupid ones every time.

My legs started aching after a while, I suppose not eating well and not having trained for some time now is to blame for that. I turned left on a corner, but when I saw what was in front of me I stopped running.

There were several cars parked in the way, idiots with guns pointing at me. In front of them were two persons, the woman who I had assumed would stay frozen in place for way longer but who had obviously managed to escape the ice somehow, and a man. The man was tall, with a serious expression and firm stance, and what completed the look was an eye patch.

"Please stop now, before things get ugly." Spoke the man.

"Let me think for a moment..." I tilted my head to the side. "Yeah, no, I think not." I rolled my eyes, and raised my hand, pointing it at the guards behind me, and froze them in place. Then, mentally conjuring a Wingardium Leviosa I made all their guns float out of their reach.

The woman ran to me, and grabbed my hand to stop me pointing it at them. She kicked my right leg, making me fall to the ground, but I pulled her leg making her fall too.

I jumped back up, and she did the same. We looked at each other for a moment, waiting for the other to make the first move, and eventually she did. She threw a punch to my stomach, and I grabbed her arm, pulling her towards me and kicking her legs at the same time as I let go of her arm, grabbing her by the neck instead.

She struggled, trying to free herself but I applied more pressure on her neck, wanting her to pass out so she wouldn't bother me as I fight the others. But when she realized she wasn't going to be able to make me loosen my grip, she did something I didn't expect and threw her elbow back, hitting me in the upper left side of my face. Fuck, that's leaving a mark for sure.

I tried not to let go, but she was quick enough to take advantage of the split second when I loosened up my grip, getting free. I went to throw a punch at her, but she was faster, dodging me and going for the side of my abdomen.

I was expecting to feel a punch, but instead I felt something sharp and quick, and saw as she stepped back a few seconds later.

I frowned confused as to what she did, when I looked at her hand and saw she was holding a syringe.

I felt my eyes get very heavy very quickly, and felt as my knees gave out and I felt to the ground face first.

I barely saw her and the man with the eye patch walking towards me, and I could hear them speak, but wasn't able to make out what they were saying.

After a few more moments, I fell out of consciousness.

================
So Natasha and Fury are here and we're officially starting with the events of  The Avengers, what do you think so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 8.5K 11
(Book 1) A new villain is threatening the Avengers. During a fight that the Avengers are bound to lose, something happens. Loki. He saves them, bu...
26.2K 660 19
Hope Jarvis was born Hope Potter on May 21st 1980 but then a year later she disappeared Lily and James searched for her but they never could find Hop...
92.1K 2K 70
The Potter's have Harry but they also had a daughter, Daisy, she was taken when was three by the Red Room albeit she thinks she was abandoned she bec...
315K 6.9K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...