All Along | ✓

By pink_flamingo_09

Eighteen years is a long time. But for Oli and Luna that time passes in the blink of an eye. Since the momen... More

All Along
Luna Carter
Oli King
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Epilogue
Bonus Scenes!!!

Chapter Forty

28.6K 729 65
By pink_flamingo_09

"I have never in my life felt so calm and yet on fire all at the same time knowing deep in my bones he is who i've waited for all my life."

- Vera Valentine

Luna's POV

"Luna baby,"

"Mmm?"

"Look at me for a sec?"

"Uh uh."

"Please?"

"Oli..." I groan.

The chest that I've got my face buried into rumbles beneath me with his laugh. My favourite sound. "Please, love? I need to ask you something."

"Why...?" I groan once more but relent, rolling away so that I'm no longer on top of him. I sit up begrudgingly as he does the same, smiling at me fondly. I quickly get distracted by the sight of him naked in my bed, my eyes wandering.

Tucking his finger under my chin, he gently guides my gaze up to his, a crooked smile on his lips. "My eyes are up here."

I smile. "I know. I wasn't trying to look at your eyes."

His cheeks pink slightly and his eyes narrow, "Behave. What I need to ask is very important."

I sober up at his words and nod my head, staying silent so that he can speak.

Gently cupping my cheeks in his hands, he gazes at me for a moment before murmuring, "Will you go on a date with me today?"

I can't help the grin that splits my cheeks, "A date?"

He nods, eyes darting across my face. "A date. Just you and me. This has all happened so fast and everyone found out so fast... I just want to go somewhere with you and spend time with just you. Does that sound okay?"

"That sounds perfect," I agree immediately, leaning forward to kiss him quickly and pulling away after just a second. "Where should we go?"

He shrugs, pulling me back into him until I'm sitting in his lap, wrapped up in his arms. "Wherever you like, Luna Baby. Maybe somewhere outside? We could get food? Or the weather's nice so we could go to the beach?"

"Ooh!" I sit up straighter, my arms around his neck, "We should definitely go to the beach. We could go to the grocery store first and pick up some things to have a picnic? Oh, that would be so cute!"

"Of course we can do that. Would you like to go now or later?"

"Mmm... soon. I need to get dressed and catch up with Laney first to see how her night went. Maybe after that we'll go to the grocery store then come back here so that we can put everything together for lunch. Then we'll head to the beach. Good?"

"Great. Though we could go back to mine to make lunch, that way I can grab my trunks and everything."

"Excellent idea."

I spend too long after that wrapped up in his arms instead of getting ready for the day. But he just smells divine and his touch warms me to my core. I could stare at him all day and never be bored. Eventually we do manage to untangle our limbs and climb out of bed. Once we're both dressed and I've thrown my hair into a ponytail, we leave my room and head out to the living room.

I spot Laney immediately sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee in her hand, her phone in the other. Her feet are up on the coffee table while she scrolls on her phone. Quickly, I hurry over to her, sitting down beside her. "How was your night?" I ask eagerly, "Who was the girl?"

She turns and looks at me with a devilish grin. "Brunette, green eyes, tall, little black dress, drop dead gorgeous. Incredible sex."

Laughing, I reach forward to steal her coffee, taking a sip for myself before returning it to her hand. "Where did you meet her?"

"The usual. Remember Alex that I told you about? New colleague, super nice, absolutely ripped?"

"Vaguely."

"Well, we went out together for drinks to get to know each other better outside of work hours. You have to meet him, he's a good laugh. And that's where I met her."

"Was she a one night thing or is it more serious?" I ask, my tone turning hopeful.

She rolls her eyes at me, "Luney, you know me. Her and I both agreed on just one night. I'm not ready to settle down just yet."

Sighing wistfully, I shake my head, "You'll change your tune when you find that special guy or gal."

"I'm not so sure about that."

"And I'll be ready to say 'I told you so' when you're proved wrong." I grin.

"We'll see." She hums, sipping her coffee once more.

A fresh cup of coffee suddenly appears in front of me, a hand extending it from above my head. I tilt my head back with a smile as I take it. "Thank you, Oli."

He leans down to kiss the crown of my head, "Of course."

"Ah, I see you stayed the night, King." Alana grins as he rounds the couch to sit beside me.

His cheeks tinge pink, "I did. Have a good night?"

"I did. Have a good morning?" Her eyebrows wiggle suggestively and I'm immediately mortified.

"What?" I practically squeak. I cover my face with my free hand, "Oh, you heard us didn't you?"

"It was hard not to," She laughs, leaning closer and pulling me in for a little hug, "I'm just happy for you, Luney," Her tone changes and I can almost sense her glaring at Oli, "If you hurt her, I will cut off your balls and hang them from my rearview mirror like a pair of fuzzy dice."

My mouth drops open, "Alana Richards!"

Oli clears his throat, "Very colourful threat, but it's not necessary, you know that."

She grins, "Of course. I just thought of that one though and had to share."

Shaking my head, I take another sip of coffee. "Okay, enough of that. Oli and I are going on a date today, have you got any plans, Laney?"

"Aww, cute! My plan is to watch Netflix and probably do some baking. Any suggestions?"

"For Netflix shows or for baking?" I ask.

She shrugs, "Both."

"Banana bread." I suggest, knowing we have some bananas in the kitchen.

"You should watch Manifest," Oli suggests, "It's a good show."

"Ooh, I think I've heard of that," She nods, "Good suggestions, thanks guys. You have fun on your date!"

Soon enough Oli and I are dressed and out the door, heading down to the parking lot to go get some groceries. I've changed into a bikini with a sundress over the top and Oli's carrying my bag with my towel and necessities inside.

The drive to the grocery store is short and once we get there, Oli makes shore to grab a cap from the backseat of his car, pulling it down low over his eyes. He often does things like this when we go to more public places to avoid being seen. He's said he doesn't mind being approached by people who are fans, but when it turns into large groups it starts to stress him out. He doesn't like people at the best of times, so I know it can be hard for him.

We walk around the store hand-in-hand, Oli carrying the shopping basket in his free hand. We pick out some grapes and crackers and a couple different cheeses. We also pick up some free bread and things to put together some sandwiches. After grabbing a bottle of wine and some berries as well, we head to the checkouts and put our things through.

Oli carries all the bags back to the car despite my insistence on helping. He just hushes me with a quick kiss, smiling in that way that makes me turn into a pile of goo at his feet. Once the groceries are in the backseat, he opens my door for me to get into the passenger seat then rounds the car to drive us back to his place.

When we arrive and step inside, Oli sets the bags in the kitchen before I shoo him out of the room to get changed and pack his things for the beach. While he's gone, I start putting together our lunch, making some sandwiches and cutting them into triangles before putting them away in containers to take with us. I rinse a smaller bundle of the grapes we bought and pack them away too along with the berries.

By the time I'm finishing up with that, Oli walks back into the room with a cooler bag in his hand. He's now dressed in dark swimming shorts with a loose short sleeve button down that only has a couple buttons done up, leaving a delicious amount of his chest exposed to me. With his sunglasses on his head, his hair is pushed back a little as well. When he walks over to me, I lean up and kiss him hard to let him know just how much I like this outfit on him.

He helps me pack the food and wine away into the cooler bag with some ice packs before we head back out to his car. The drive to the beach isn't too long and it's spent listening to music mostly. We arrive at the beach a little after midday and make our way down onto the sand with our things. This time Oli does let me help reluctantly. He lays out a picnic blanket on a patch of sand that's away from the other people here. This beach is actually quite quiet today which is perfect.

Once we're sitting down on the blanket, we unpack our lunch and Oli pours us both a glass of wine into a couple of plastic win glasses he bought. He sits, leaning back against one hand, sipping his wine while I settle myself between his legs, resting back against his chest with my own glass. Looking up at him, he leans down to kiss me and I let him, reaching my free hand up to hold the back of his neck, deepening the kiss.

"I love you." I tell him for probably the millionth time in our lives. Every time I say it, I mean it more and more. I didn't think it was possible to love someone anymore than I love him, but I love him more with every day.

"I love you." He tells me, gazing at me with pure adoration in his eyes. Those same eyes that have watched me for so many years. The love I have for him is the same love I see in his expression and I know then that this is it. I know that no matter what we go through or what we face, that love that has kept throwing us together again and again all these years will get us through anything.

Later that night, after a long day of swimming and chatting and laughing and eating with oli at the beach, he drives me back to his place. I'm exhausted and Oli doesn't hesitate to carry me through the house to the bathroom where he helps me strip out of my clothes. I watch, eyes hooded as he undresses himself as well. We're both covered in sand, but that issue is soon resolved as we step into the shower. I lean against him chest, allowing him to wash us both, almost falling asleep as his fingers comb through my hair, washing it with his shampoo and conditioner.

When we're done, I smell just like him and the thought puts a big smile on face. He slips into a pair of sweatpants while I change into a t-shirt of his. I crawl into his bed, slipping under his sheets. The moment he slides in beside me, I'm moving on top of him, pushing myself as close as physically possible. He holds me delicately, hands brushing up and down my bare back beneath his top. I pepper kisses across his chest until I'm too tired to do so any longer. So I just rest my head against his chest, allowing myself to fall asleep in the comfort and safety of his arms. 

Hello wonderful readers! Long time no speak! 

I am so sorry for the long wait, there is a full update on my profile if you'd like to check that out. Long story short, there's a few factors that have made writing this chapter incredibly challenging, but here we are! 

There will only be a few more chapters for this story so if there's anything you'd like to see from these characters, please let me know!

Thank you so much for reading! I love you to the moon and back! Have a wonderful day! 

~ Pink Flamingo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 152 43
Bella is going into senior year with her two best friend Luna and Evie. She had amazing grades and great friends. The only thing she wasn't looking f...
502 34 18
high school sweethearts. that's what you and tyler used to be. you loved each other so much and dated throughout almost all of high school. your rela...
31.8K 2.1K 29
♡ Featured on Stories Undiscovered ♡ ♡ Featured on Teen Fiction ♡ "All it took was one smile, that damned smile, and I found myself falling in love w...
58.2K 1.6K 27
UNEDITED! "We're just friends, Cam." his eyes go to the left and he avoids my gaze. I walk up to him and he immediately looks up to my eyes, flickeri...