JOKER || Alice In Borderland

By Captain_Lurling

โ†ฑ โ†ฐ ๐— ๐—ถ๐˜†๐—ฎ ๐—ž๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ถ ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ป'๐˜ ๏ฟฝ... More

โฐโฐยน Miya Koichi
โฐโฐยฒ Game?
โฐโฐยณ Monkey Bars
โฐโฐโด Blondie
โฐโฐโต The Beach
โฐโฐโถ What a Sight
โฐโฐโท Questions
โฐโฐโธ A New Game
โฐโฐโน Tag
โฐยนโฐ Gift
โฐยนยน Gun
โฐยนยฒ Carnival
โฐยนยณ Trouble
โฐยนโด Meeting
โฐยนโต Hatters Depart
โฐยนโถ Shit, Hatters Dead
โฐยนโธ "Witch Hunt"
โฐยนโน Fire of Judgment

โฐยนโท Sorry Arisu

2K 99 7
By Captain_Lurling

Chapter 17

THE BLACK ENVELOPE. All the playing cards collected by members of the Beach are kept in the safe in Hatters suite. The code for the safe is sealed inside the black envelope. The envelope is then kept in a secret location. And the only time it's opened is when there's a new Number 1.

That's what Chishiya explained to Koichi at least. Since the brunette wasn't an executive, which he didn't really care for, he wasn't allowed in the room when the envelope was opened by Aguni. Chishiya was there so Koichi didn't have low expectations that he wouldn't get the information that they needed.

Aguni sat at the head of the table in the small room surrounded by all the executives. He tore open the envelope and slid the folded paper out.

"The new Number 1 opens the envelope in front of the executives, but only sees the code to the safe."

Niragi stared at Aguni with a small smirk while Chishiya carefully observed the new leader's actions. Aguni took a deep breath and looked up from the paper once he obtained the information he needed.

"Then, he places the paper with the code written on it into a new envelope and seals it again. It must then be signed by all the executives."

Aguni placed the stamp down as one by one, all the executives wrote their names on the envelope in a silver pen.

Chishiya sat in his room with Kuina, Koichi, Airsu, and Niragi as he explained the plan to them. "First, Arisu will infiltrate the royal suite. Then he'll search for the safe and steal all the playing cards inside."

Koichi lay on top of the bed on his stomach his both his hands supporting his head as he listened. Well, not really listening, he was more like gawking at Chishiya and Kuina the whole time but he did know what was supposed to be happening anyway.

"How do I get the code?" Arisu questioned.

"Don't worry about that. I'll let you know when you're in front of the safe." Chishiya reassured with a smile and placed a walkie talkie in front of Arisu.

He had five in total so they could all talk to each other without a hassle.

"I sure hope you're right." Arisu replied with a suspicious stare. "I'm on it."

"Usagi and Kuina will be on the lookout."

But it seemed Usagi still had her hesitations. "This is too dangerous. They'll kill us if they see us." She tried to persuade as if it would prevent them all from realising this was a bad idea and getting into trouble.

Arisu furrowed his eyebrows and tried to give her a smile. "I don't think we have a choice. Now that Hatter's dead, the unity in the Beach is crumbling. I think this plan could work for us."

"I agree." Koichi smiled with a twinkle in his eye making Usagi turn to him.

"What better way than to steal the cards and make this all go by a lot faster than stay in this place run by Aguni and his crazy militants." He shrugged and fiddled with the walk-in talkie, looking up at Chishiya through his eyebrows.

The blonde stared intently at Koichi and the man stared back before a smirk formed on his face and gave Chishiya a wink. He scoffed and leaned back in chair, crossing his arms, then continuing to explain the plan to Arisu and Usagi.

Niragi walked on the balcony staring at everyone who stood down on the lobby floor. It was much of a surprise to everyone when they didn't spot the Hatter up there but instead Niragi.

"I'm here to tell you, we have a new leader." Niragi announced straightforwardly to the unexpected crowd. The militant corps stood behind him, no other executives in sight like there usually were.

Koichi stood on a higher balcony out of the militants' view, leaning in the rails and watching with interest while lazily playing with the walkie talkie. He was on watch with Chishiya who was on the opposite end of the lobby telling the guys when to head in.

"Hatter is no longer with us, and that leader has been chosen. The new leader is Aguni." It seemed that information stirred everyone up as they started talking, instantly pissing off Niragi. "Everyone, shut up!"

"It seemed Hatter failed to complete his game. He just couldn't crack it." Niragi explained boredly. "A vote was taken, and the executive was unanimous. And Aguni was voted as our new Number 1."

"Yeah right. Aside from shoving a gun in our faces the vote was completely fair." Koichi laughed quietly at the man.

"Now, let's hear from Aguni. You better all listen carefully." He threatened and walked back so Aguni could take his place.

"Niragi." Aguni started slowly, "Said everything that needs to be said."

Koichi tuned out Aguni's voice once he saw Chishiya turn around and start talking into the device. "All right, the leader is making a speech in the lobby. All members of the executive and the militant corps are here at the annex." He told the group.

Usagi leaned behind a wall and was looking down a hallway, keeping an eye to make sure no one would be coming down. "We're not gonna get another chance like this. Koichi and I will let you guys know if there are any changes here. I'm counting on you, Arisu." He said lastly before shutting the radio off.

Arisu slowly pushed open Hatter's room doors and without shutting them, he ran in quickly in hopes to get this over and done with. The man stood in the middle of the room and raised the radio up.

"Copy that." His eyes searched the room and getting right to it, he started searching through the bedside tables and cupboards, hoping anywhere that he'd find the safe.

"Now that Hatter is gone, I am the new Number 1. I have full control over the beach." Koichi listened, still leaning on the rails with a sigh.

"Follow my orders. I want you to live for me, and you may have to die for me." Adding the last past slowly to emphasise the seriousness in his voice.

Continuing to search through Hatter's room Arisu spotted the small closet in the corner. Opening the doors and looking around, a small black safe in the corner caught his eyes and whispered into the radio. "I found it."

Kneeling beside it, all he needed was the code and he could get the hell out of there. "All right, what's the code?"

Chishiya took no hesitation to reply. "8-0-2-2."

"So you saw what's in the letter?" Arisu questioned, still wondering how the blonde got the code. "No."

"But Aguni's expression pretty much said it all."

So the man, as stoic as he appears, isn't well at hiding what he's thinking? Koichi hummed and continued to listen through the radio, keeping an eye on what was happening down below.

"When he opened it," Chishiya explained, "his face kinda went all dark, like he was completely surprised and really perplexed. I'm pretty sure there was nothing written on it."

"Nothing? Then how did you get the code?" Arisu whispered.

Chishiya huffed in slight amusement, "From the wax seal. The Boss seals it with his ring. It has numbers on it."

"And that's the code. 8-0-2-2."

Arisu strained his face as he listened to what Chishiya was telling him. "Sure as hell wouldn't want to be your enemy."

The brunette leaned his chin on his hand and blew out a puff of air. Sure, he didn't really contribute anything to this, he didn't feel that bad but at least he was helping Chishiya keep watch. In truth, he was aware of the real plan and throwing the poor pair under the bus wasn't exactly something his mother would praise him for.

But she wasn't here right now so he can get scolded later.

Looking at Chishiya from across the room, he saw the man gone and pushed off the railing and headed down towards where the militant corps would be leaving the room. Chishiya was already there and Niragi's face turned to him with a snarl.

Raising his arms in defence, Koichi walked past the angry man as the group began to go to Hatter's quarters. Koichi assumed Chishiya had already told Aguni what was happening.

'Oh dear Aguni and his amazing followers. Hatter's bedroom has been broken into and we must go stop the intruders before it's too late.' Oh Koichi wished he could actually say what he wanted.

Meanwhile, Arisu had pinned in the code but furrowed his eyebrows once the safe started beeping. "What?" Banging in the box but it didn't open and kept beeping.

"Chishiya? It won't open, Chishiya!" Calling into the radio but he didn't respond. Trying anything he could, Arisu flinched when he heard Niragi's voice.

"Yeah, I gotta hand it to you. You really go balls."

Arisu had an expression of 'Oh fuck, I'm in trouble.' When he saw Aguni behind him, his face turned into betrayal when he saw Chishiya and even Koichi walk in behind them.

We can not ignore Aguni's arm muscles though, practically the only thing Koichi was actually staring at.

"Why would you..." he was about to shout at Chishiya when Usagi's screams came into the room. "Let me go!"

Koichi leaned on the wall next to Chishiya, giving Arisu a small silent 'sorry' with a shrug and turned around to find Usagi being dragged in the room held by two men. "Calm down!"

"Usagi!" Arisu yelled and got up but Niragi held his gun and slammed it in his face.

"Stop crying for your boyfriend, you stupid bitch!" Niragi mocked and kicked Arisu in his stomach with a pissed off expression.

"Arisu!"

Arisu grunted in pain, blood flowing from his head wound, not able to stop Niragi's attacks whilst everyone watched. Koichi furrowed his eyebrows at the sight, looking between the frail man and Niragi. It seemed Niragi was having too much fun in beating up Arisu as his kicks happened one after the other with no intention of stopping.

Usagi kept crying for Arisu, hoping she could break free but to no avail she had to watch her friend be beaten up relentlessly with no chance of defending himself. 

"Chishiya, I owe it to you and Koichi. We wouldn't have caught them if it wasn't for you." Turning around to face Chishiya.

"Yeah, we'll...just wanna be of service." Chishiya replied and Koichi crossed his arms and merely nodded, having the insane urge to sneeze.

Chishiya took note of how Aguni was acting and followed his eyes to the other side of the room. Koichi noticed the blonde's head turn, also following Aguni and both became aware of where exactly the actual safe might be. Now if it were where they now thought it was, getting the cards just became a whole lot easier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.3K 3.4K 34
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
848K 10.8K 44
You're rafe Cameron's girlfriend. He's controlling, manipulative, and insanely jealous over you. (13/01/24) #1-Rafecameron (12/03/24) #1-Outerbanks ...
1.2M 53.3K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
936K 57.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...