Dangerous Kisses

By easywayout

He was in my personal space now, running his hand down my arm and stopping at my hand, where he intertwined o... More

Warning
Prologue
Sunny Day
Bakery Run-Ins
Lonely Nights
Party Night
Introductions
Safe Ride Home
Piccolo
His Sudden Interest
Danger
Tribal
New View
Suprise Visitor
Watching
Always
Protector
Dreams
The Call
Anger
Hometown
Old Classmates
Men
Black
Fuzy
What Missed Feels Like
Answers
The Calm Before The Storm
The Rage After The Storm
Truth
Fear
Running
Trickster
Secrets
Can't Hide Forever
Goodbye
New Horrors
Answered Questions
Ciao Bella
Relief
All Dangers Must Come To An End

Home Sweet Home

31.6K 1.1K 284
By easywayout

Chapter 19

Dante Valentino

Was I really going to leave Cali alone?
Hell no.

Cali Woods

I placed my carry on bag above my seat in 2nd class. It felt like 3rd class though. The seats were torn and had multiple pieces of stuffing spilling out of holes. A rancid smell reached my nose as soon as my bottom hit the seat. I crinkled my face up in disgust and looked around me.

A couple was sitting too close to each other next to me, and that cliché kid, that you never think you'd have, was kicking the back of my seat. There was a teenage boy sitting next to me, by the window. He looked around nineteen-too young to be flying alone. His hair was black and he was wearing black skinny jeans with converse.

His rock music could be heard from his beats.

I laid my head back against my scratchy seat and closed my eyes-this would be a long plane ride.

Maybe I should've just taken Dante's offer.

~

"Ladies and Gentelman. Welcome to Atlanta, Georgia. You may now exit the plane at this time." The overhead intercom announced.

People jumped out of their seats, literally, and rushed to get their things. The teenage boy and I were the only ones remaining seated. He had finally taken his earphones out, they had been in his ear this entire one and a half hour.

"We're last." I mumbled raising myself out of the seat. I stood on my tip toes to grab my carry on bag.

The boy sitting beside me stood up, the top of his head only a few inches above mine. It felt odd standing next to a guy my size-I was so used to the over wheeling height of Dante, Cody, and Daniel.

Daniel. Daniel and Lily.

I quickly reached for my phone and dialed Lily's number. I had completely forgotten she was 'vacationing' here.

"Hey, girly." Her southern voice was as energetic as ever.

"Lily! I totally forgot you were on vacation." I admitted, stepping down from the stairs descending out of the planes entrance.

"Well I'm here and having the best time! The beach is so pretty." Lily gushed.

My smile dropped a little at the reminder that I wasn't here for vacation, "Lily, my granny died the other day. So I'm in Georgia for the funeral."

"What? Cali I'm so sorry. Are you in Atlanta? Do Daniel and I need to pick you up?" Lily rushed, sounding sympathetic and frantic.

"It's okay, and no. My mothers picking me up at the airport. But, I think I'm gonna take my own vacation after tomorrow. I'll only be an hour away from Atlanta." A vacation did sound very nice. A had been rushed with finals and my school year was close to ending. I wouldn't be sunbathing by the beach but I could still enjoy the tranquility.

"Okay," Lily's voice had dropped a little but she quickly covered it up, "Great! This can be a girl time we need. Away from the men, too bad Cody couldn't be here."

An image of Dante's angry face flashed through my mind and I shut my eyes, "We'll see what happens-I gotta go, see you later sunny."

"Bye Cali. Tell your family hi for me."

I ended the call and tucked it in my back pocket.

I looked around the air port lobby, searching for my mom. After about twenty minutes of not finding her I took a seat next to a sleeping older lady and grabbed my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey mom. Are you at the airport?" I asked, biting on my fingernail. Public places full of people always triggered a nervous panic attack.

My mother groaned from the other line, "I'm so sorry sweetie! I got caught up with work and forgot your flight got in today! I'll be there in no more than an hour!"

My face dropped and a sighed, feeling the sudden urge to cry, "Okay, I'll be waiting."

She hung up first.

I dropped my phone in my bag and slouched in my seat. So much for arriving home to tranquility.

~

Someone tapping me on the shoulder awoke me. I moved my hand away from my head and looked up. The older lady from earlier was looking at me.

"Yes?"

"Is your name Calista Woods? They've been saying your rides here." She said, looking down at my bag that had my name written on it.

I stood up and quickly grabbed my bags, "Thank you so much!"

The lady smiled and nodded, resuming back to her crossword puzzle lying on her lap.

I nearly jogged out the entrance of the airport to my moms white SUV. All I wanted was to get home, take a shower, and nap.

I threw my stuff in the back and piled my luggage on top of some paper in the trunk. I climbed into the passenger seat, the heater blowing across my face.

"Hi mom." I said, looking at her. Her brown hair had a couple of gray spots, making her look like an overworked business lady. Her lazy green eyes were red and puffy from lack of sleep. She still had on her lawyer wardrobe.

"Hi darling," She reached across the console and pulled me in a hug, "You look beautiful. Why do you smell like cologne?"

I glanced at my shirt-or should I say Dante's shirt. I still had it from staying over at his house and I hated to leave it at my apartment. I know I left on a bad note but deep down I felt like I'd still run into him somewhere, "I was sitting next to a guy on the plane. He sprayed some on before we got off."

My mother nodded, believing my smooth lie and put the car in drive, taking off down the paved road and towards the country side of Atlanta.

"Buster misses you. You've been gone for a long time." My mother said, sounding sad. It was the first time she ever showed any real emotion towards me leaving for college.

Buster was my Saint Bernard, I had rescued him from the animal shelter when I volunteered there. I had instantly fell in love with him and his large body full of fluff.

"I could always bring him with me."

My mother smiled a tired smile, "We've been over this Calista. He's too big to be in your little apartment. You know he'd hate being locked up. He still runs the cattle in the pasture, how could he do that at your place?"

I sighed in defeat, she was right.

My phone ringed in my lap and I hesitantly looked down.

Dante: Did you make it?

I smiled to myself and danced my fingers over the key pad. Should I be nice because of his concern or stick to bring hurt by him? I decided to mess with him.

I'm locked in a dark room. There's a tag on the door though, maybe it'll help you find me.

I rolled my eyes at myself, nice one Cali, real knee kicker.

My mother pulled over at an old gas station, "I'll be right back-haven't used the bathroom all day."

My phone began to ring as soon as she shut the car door. Dante's name lit up my phone.

"Where are you?" His husky voice asked, making me shiver.

"In a car." I replied, pushing down any emotion that was in my voice.

"With who, Cali?" He asked, his voice angry.

"My mom. We're heading home." I replied sweetly, while playing with the end of my shirt.

"Fuck, Cali. I thought you were in danger. Don't do that."

I smiled to myself, "Or what?"

There was a dangerous tone as he replied, "You wouldn't want to know. Or you might, depending on how feisty you are."

A blush rose up to my cheeks and I slammed my thighs shut, "You got me there."

Dante sighed into the phone, I could practically see him running his hand down his face now, "Are you okay Cali, really?"

How could he know me so damn well?

"How okay can I be? I'm heading to my grandmas funeral." I said honestly.

I looked at the entrance of the old gas station. My mother had been gone for a while.

"Are you still mad at me?" Dante asked, his tough boy act finally falling.

"No. It's not your fault-I was just being stupid," I sighed, "Dante?"

His voice came almost instantly, "Yes?"

"I don't want you to think I'm using you okay? You mean more to me than just my safety blanket." My eyes began to water at the fact of losing him.

I barley knew him and here I was crying over him.

"I know. I was angry that you were pushing me away, piccolo. But you're mine- remember that."

+

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 4.2K 24
"Why are you holding my hand ?" He asked calmly . Heat and embarrassment occupied me and I let go of his hand . I didn't know how to respond though I...
155 22 18
He turned around with an angry expression and told me to go away "you need to get that looked at" I said ignoring the fact that he told me to go away...
126K 3.7K 18
He shook his head, coming in even closer and leaned down to whisper in my ear, "Because I make you real wet." He pulled back and smirked at me. Fuck...