Hello, Goodbye..

By lEsmerayl

There are times, When I feel your presence by my side. There are times, When I hear you say it'll be alrig... More

Arc I: Chapter I
Arc I: Chapter II
Arc I: Chapter III
Arc I: Chapter IV
Arc I: Chapter V
Arc I: Chapter VI
Arc I: Chapter VII
Arc I: Chapter VIIII
Arc I: Chapter X
Arc I: Chapter XI
Arc I: Chapter XII (End)
A/N

Arc I: Chapter VIII

16 1 0
By lEsmerayl

I slowly opened my eyes, not seeing nor noticing any sunlight. Instead, I saw a flame. An oil lamp. The only thing that brought any form of light into this room, if we exclude the moon that is.

The moonlight was beautiful, yet, the oil lamp, the dancing flame inside, drew me in. I felt relaxed in the moonlight, yet.. Drawn to the flame. Cozy, warm.

'I can't believe I cried myself to sleep in his arms though..'
I didn't want to admit it, it was embarrassing to me after all.. But, I'm so thankful to have him. So.. Grateful.

I slowly stood up, as if possessed.
Moving towards the outside area, with the oil lamp in hand.

The fire, led the way and something, was guiding me. Calling me. Drawing me in.. Leading the way.. I did not know my destination. I did not know, why I was moving on my own, as if possessed.. Yet, I did not worry. I didn't panic..

It just felt, right.

At some point, I arrived on top of the waterfall. I had no clue how I made it here, yet I did.
I started to hear all kinds of melodies. Music, songs. Funnily enough, they didn't scare me. It, filled me.. With all kinds of emotions.

This place, was magical.

It had a certain charm to it, the nighttime, add in the full moon, making it seem even more magical.
I could hear them, feel them even, different melodies, different tunes.. Some sounding Sorrowful, tragic.. Yet, Soothing in some way. Others sounding joyful, excited.. Yet, Scared, in some way. It was, expressive.. Yet, sincere and touching.

It made me feel.. As if I was surrounded, by friends. That I wasn't the only one suffering, yet moving on. It made me have hope, that I could do it. Could do something. That there was still beauty in it, even if it was hard.. That my suffering wasn't worthless, that I wasn't worthless.

That I could move on.

I should be scared, yet.. I felt supported. Loved, taken care of.. Safe.

I then proceeded to walk closer to the waterfall, I was on top of it after all. What I didn't know.. Was that there was this, small pond thing on top. Yet.. It was steaming slightly, I carefully dipped my hand into the water and.. Oddly enough, it felt, warm?

As if there was a Volcano or something.. It wasn't cold. It made me want to bath in it for some reason.. To look around, relax, listen and just.. Enjoy the warmth..

Before I realized it, I slowly took off my clothes and walked into the water. It wasn't to deep, it was perfect, as if it was made for bathing. This area.. Where the moonlight was shining on to, was refreshing.. Relaxing. Peaceful.

I began to clean myself and to, well, contemplate. About what I've done thus far, what I've achieved, if I .. Changed.

After collecting my thoughts.. And, well, setting goals.
That I'd proceed forward. That I wouldn't be trapped in the past, that I would look forward to the future. Slowly accept that.. I'm not to blame for all the bad in this world. That, I'm allowed to be happy.. And that I have to seek it on my own.

I can't expect anyone to give their life to make me happy, I can't blame anyone for my unhappiness. I should take care of myself, make my own choices and, carve my own path.

For I'm myself and I can find my happiness.. Everybody's happiness is different after all.
Honestly, I feel like I already found it.
He.. Pulled me out of my Abyss, eased my uneasiness, reassured me.. Loves me.
He made me realize. Made me take note of from where I went wrong. I realized, due to him, that..

I'm not alone, so, I'll keep trying hard to survive and.. I'll try to help others as well. Other lost souls, just like I was in a way. Because, I can try. Trying won't hurt anyone.. At least I tried to do something, to help.

I.. Want everybody to be happy.
That, is my ambition in a sense...
Even if it's but a fantasy, I will still hope and wish to such a world. Still try my best to achieve that..

Since, the world needs all the good that I can offer, but I can't offer all the good the world needs.

Hmpf, be prepared world! For I have found myself. In a way-

And then.. I heard an awkward cough.. From behind me... While I was posing, with my right hand up in the air..

I slowly turned around, with my skin turning redder and redder.. And then, I saw him!!

AHHH

I was trying to hide myself in the water and not think about it.. But I was pretty much doing exactly that.. Thinking about it.

"..Why aren't you sleeping-? You'll catch a cold out here.. What if you would've gotten lost?? Ahem, don't worry, my backside is facing you, I won't look." He sounded, somewhat awkward, with a mix of concern, as well as embarrassment.

'JUST- JUST HOW PERFECT IS THIS GUY???'

"Uhm, you can use this towel, as well as my extra clothes that I brought.. Funny thing is, I love bathing here.." He conveyed seriously, yet.. His ears were flushed a light shade of pink.

Processing

Wait

He- HE BATHES HERE?!

'No- Why am I having these weird thoughts.. I shouldn't! Get a grip..! Pervy Chán Juān!!'

I cleared my throat and tried to sound like it was okay, but uh.. Why did I sound so shy?!

"S-sure.. Thank you!"

...

AH I KEEP EMBARRASSING MYSELF-!!

I could've sworn I heard a chuckle.. He quickly placed the stuff down.. And- He was smirking!!!
But then it vanished and he seemed completely innocent-?!

sIr

Why does he keep switching from innocent, obedient Yìchén.. T-to- To a flirty not so obedient Yìchén!
So- so two-faced! Hmpf-

I quickly got out of the water and couldn't help but to want to go back in.. Into the warmth of the water.. Since, it was chilling cold right now!!

Rather quickly, I wrapped that oversized towel over myself as well as.. His clothes.. They smelled like him.. Snap out of it! He's right there-!!

"Are you done?" He suddenly asked me, while still having his backside face me..

I cuddled into his clothes and.. Decided to be a little daring.. Blame the atmosphere, will you?

I moved closer to him and.. I saw him stiffen up! Ah so cute~
I hugged him from behind.. Call it a back hug, if you may.

Squeezing him softly and whispering gently into his ear;

"Yeah.. I'm done. Thank you <3"

It might've been my eyes playing tricks on me.. It just looked like he was stopping himself from doing something or holding himself back..

Maybe he had the urge to bath but.. Couldn't because of me? Sorry-!!

Before I knew it, he turned around, looked down towards me.. Cupped my face to look up at him, and smiled approvingly.

"You look great in my clothes."

...

AH

I flushed beet red and he had that- devilish smirk on his face, before it looked innocent again!
'You're not even trying to hide it anymore-!!'

Then suddenly, he hugged me tightly and asked..

"Are you okay now..?"

"..." I- I was speechless okay!

The mood keeps switching-

But.. He was cute either way!!

"Well, I think so. Thank you for being here for me.. Please, tell me more about yourself, won't you.. Yìchén? Hm~?" I smiled brightly at him at first, before slightly tilting my head to my left, his right.

Gulp

Did I just hear him gul-

"Ahem.. Sure, but.. Let's first return to the cottage, otherwise you'll catch a cold. Especially with your long, wet, hair."

He kept averting his eyes and then just stared at me.. Looking at everything to see, before shying away again-!

'Why are you so adorable?!'

Ahem.. Then, we walked back, while.. He tried to keep me warm, so that I wouldn't catch a cold.

When we got back, he led me inside, set up a fireplace and.. Brewed me some hot soup.
So that I would warm up, he said.
And so that my stomach would have it's fill.

After I had my fill.. And he calmed down about me potentially getting sick, I began to ask my questions.. My, curiosities.

Thus, a certainly long night began.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm bad at writing cliffhangers-
(Pretty useless to (the cliffhangers-) but meh)

Ahem, yes yes you'll hear the questions and answers in the next chapter, don't worry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Allea By Ruji

General Fiction

820K 30.1K 66
[Part 1 | Completed ✓] Allea's life can be summed up in one word; waste. Looking back all she saw was a girl running behind things, things that never...
64.2K 2.4K 61
"I'M STRAIGHT! WHAT THE FU-" I yelled out at the flying women in the white clothes that was reading a manga. She scoffed me and look at me with her g...
20.5K 338 65
You know that your life isn't going to get any better when your parents abandoned you, your younger and your elder sister, you lost your brother in a...
375 27 13
Born into a prestigious family, Elijah had to shoulder a lot of things- pride, family name, being the best of the best... These things were not what...