Always and Forever

By JazJP20

Layla lost her mother at a young age and was abused by her alcoholic father. Her best friend, Jasmine knew ab... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Reunion
Chapter 2: Forgiveness
Chapter 4: The first date
Chapter 5: Her pyscho crusher
Chapter 6: For the love of a friend
Chapter 7: Broken trust
Chapter 8: Too many tears
Chapter 9: Lots of fun
Chapter 10: Always and forever
Message from the author

Chapter 3: A kiss under the stars

7 1 22
By JazJP20

That evening

Everyone was getting ready for the event.

Jasmine's POV
I'm super excited for tonight! I swear I'm gonna make sure that Ash and Lia dance together, no matter what! During the speech, I'll have to make sure that Ash and Lia are next to each other, then they can have alone time.

I just got into my dress and now I'm curling my hair. Then I just have to add the jewellery, put on my shoes and I'll be done.

(Jasmine's dress⬆️)

Layla's POV
I woke up later than everyone else since I won't need to do much, also because I snoozed my alarm one too many times but that's fine. And as for why I was sleeping, I need enough energy to stay up tonight.

I put my dress on and then put my robe over it so it wouldn't get messed while I did my hair. I brushed my hair, straightened it and put in a gold clip. I slid my bracelet over my wrist. I then looked for my shoes but I noticed that I didn't have any gold flats. I quickly went to Jasmine's room.

Layla: Hey Jas, do you have a pair of gold flats that I can borrow? I can't find mine.
Jasmine: Hey Lia. I don't have flats but I have heels you could use.
Layla: Okay, thanks anyway.

I was about to leave but Jasmine stopped me.

Jasmine: You can wear the heels for tonight. They'll look great with your dress.
Layla: Thanks but heels aren't my thing.

Jasmine gave me a look.

Jasmine: What other shoes will you wear then?

I wanted to reply but I didn't have an answer. I gave in and went to get the heels. I saw Jasmine grin as I took them.

Layla: Thanks Jas.
Jasmine: Anytime Lia.

I left her room and made my way to my room, but I suddenly bumped into someone.

Layla: Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.

I looked up and saw Asher's handsome face looking down at me, and he was...blushing? That's when I realised that my hands were on his chest.

Asher's POV
I have a feeling tonight is going to be great as long as I'm with Laylia. I can't wait to see her in her dress. I know she's gonna look gorgeous!

I finished buttoning up my shirt. I thought of wearing a tie but those things are too damn uncomfortable! I'll look good without the tie either way, though Mom won't agree. I guess I should just help myself and wear it.

I looked for my black tie but I couldn't find it. I remember asking Jas to tie it for me just in case, so she probably still has it. I walked out of my room and made my way to Jasmine's, but I suddenly bumped into someone.

Layla: Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.

I looked down to see Laylia looking up at me with those beautiful eyes of hers. That's when I realised that my hands were on her waist.

Third person
Layl,a: Oh, h-hey Asher.
Asher: H-Hey Laylia. It was my fault, I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking.
Layla: No, I was the one who bumped into you.

Asher smiled and brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Asher: How about we agree that both of us weren't paying attention?
Layla: Yeah...okay.

They stayed in that position for a few seconds but then came back to reality. Asher let go of Layla and she stepped back.

Layla: You look so...
Asher: Different? I don't normally wear suits so yeah.
Layla: I was actually going to say handsome, like how you look all the time.

When Layla realised what she just said, her face turned red.

Layla: I mean, you look great in a suit! You look just like a fairytale prince.

Layla put her hand over her mouth and looked down.

Layla: Did I really just say that?!

Asher smiled and blushed.

Asher: Thanks. I'd compliment you too but I can't really see your outfit. Either way, I don't need to see your dress to say that you look as beautiful as you do everyday.

Asher then entered Jasmine's room, leaving Layla blushing even more.

Layla: I think I'm going to die!!!

She went back to her room.

Jasmine's POV
I heard Asher enter my room just as I finished with my hair. I turned to him and saw him blushing.

Jasmine: What happened that has you blushing like that?
Asher: Layla called me handsome, and she said I look like a fairytale prince.
Jasmine: Are you sure that was Lia?

Asher nodded and I smiled.

Asher: She thinks I look handsome all the time.

I felt like I was going to explode! She actually said that!!?? Ahhhh!!!!

Asher: Anyway, I came to ask for my tie?

I left it on my vanity so I gave it to him. He thanked me and then left. If these two aren't dating by tomorrow I'm going to cry!

I heard my phone vibrate. I picked it up and read that Layla was asking me to go to her room. I went there and when I walked in, I saw her wearing her dress and the heels. She looks so pretty!!!

Jasmine: Lia, what universe did you come from where you're wearing a dress like this?! You are so beautiful!!
Layla: I did gain a bit of confidence while I was gone.
Jasmine: A bit?! You told my brother that he's attractive. You gained a lot of confidence! What did he say to you?
Layla: He said he doesn't need to see my dress to say that I'm as beautiful as I do everyday.

OHMYGOSHIMGOINGTODIE!!!!!

Jasmine: Can you guys just get married already?
Layla: Who knows, maybe I'll ask him out tomorrow.
Jasmine: Are you joking?

She shook her head and smiled. If it was possible to explode from fangirling I would've exploded like a firework by now.

Jasmine: I expect to be the maid of honour.
Layla: If there's a wedding, you will me.
Jasmine: Not "if", when there's a wedding.
Layla: Okay.

I looked down at the heels Layla was wearing and they really suit her.

Jasmine: The heels look great on you. You can keep them if you'd like?
Layla: No thank you! I'm just going to borrow them for tonight and then I'll give them back.
Jasmine: If you insist. Do you know how to walk in heels?
Layla: Yes, otherwise I wouldn't put them on.
Jasmine: Show me then.

She did a runway walk kinda thing. Damn, my brother is going to get a nosebleed when he sees her.

Jasmine: Perfect! Okay, I need my shoes so I'll see you soon.

Layla nodded and I left.

Third person
When everyone was ready, they met up outside. When Asher saw Layla, his heart skipped a beat.

(Layla's dress⬆️)

Layla: So, how do I look?

He blushed and smiled.

Asher: Like a princess.

(Asher's outfit⬆️)

Layla blushed and smiled back at him. They didn't notice Jasmine and Talia taking pictures of them.

Talia: Let's go before we're late.
Jake: We don't have to arrive so early.
Talia: It's better to be early than on time.

They all got into Jake's car and drove to the venue. When they got there, they went inside and were amazed at how everything looked. There were people there so Jake and Talia went to talk to them, and some people were dancing to the music. Cameron approached them and Jasmine hugged him.

Jasmine: Hey Babe!
Cameron: Hey Flower. You look stunning.
Jasmine: Thanks! So do you.
Cameron: Thanks.

Cameron looked up and waved at Asher and Layla.

Jasmine: We're gonna go dance. Have fun!

Jasmine and Cameron walked off, leaving Layla and Asher standing alone once again.

Asher: What do you wanna do?
Layla: I don't really know.
Asher: Let's see if we can find a small snack to eat.

Layla nodded and they went to the food table. Layla smiled when she saw sushi, so she took a plate with 4 and a pair of chopsticks. She ate one and widened her eyes.

Layla: This is delicious! Asher, you have to try this.
Asher: No thanks, I'm good.
Layla: It's nice, I promise.

Layla gave him pleading eyes. He sighed in defeat and nodded.

Asher: But I don't know how to use chopsticks.

Layla picked up one with the chopsticks and fed it to him. He chewed it and smiled.

Layla: How is it?
Asher: It really is good! I see why you like it.
Layla: I'm glad you like it.
Asher: What's this green stuff?

Asher put a lot of the green stuff on a chopstick.

Layla: No, don't-

Before she could finish, he ate it.

Layla: -eat that much.

He immediately felt his mouth burn.

Asher: What the heck is this stuff!? My mouth feels like it's on fire.
Layla: It's wasabi. It's super hot and you made the mistake of eating half of it at once.

Layla picked up a cold drink and gave it to him to drink. He drank a bit and soon felt better.

Asher: Thanks Laylia. That stuff is dangerously hot.
Layla: At least now you've learnt.
Asher: What happens if you eat too much?
Layla: You could end up in hospital.

Asher looked at her as if she was crazy.

Asher: So I could've died just now?!
Layla: No, since we took care of it. The heat hits you and then wears off. It takes longer to wear off if you eat a lot.
Asher: Oh okay. How do you know all this?
Layla: Because I made the mistake of eating the amount of wasabi you just did.

They laughed.

10 minutes later

Asher finished his drink and Layla finished her sushi. They looked around the room and they saw Jasmine and Cameron dancing. They decided to dance to so they walked to the centre of the room. Though Layla accidentally moved her foot too quickly and she almost fell. Luckily, Asher caught her. His arm was around her waist and her hands were on his shoulders.

Asher: Who are you falling for now?
Layla: I've already fallen for you so maybe that's why. Thanks for breaking my fall.

Asher smiled at her and they stared into each other's eyes. Little did they know, Jasmine was taking pictures and fangirling. Layla regained her balance and he let go of her.

Asher: Is your ankle okay?
Layla: Yeah, it's fine.

They walked, slowly, and then started dancing. The song switched to a low song and everyone started pairing up.

Asher: May I have this dance Laylia?
Layla: You may Asher.

Layla put her hands on his shoulders and he put his hands on her waist. They swayed to the music, smiling and blushing. Just then, Jasmine and Cameron came by and made adjustments to their current positions. Jasmine pushed Layla closer to Asher. She put Layla's arms around his neck and Cameron put Asher's arms around her waist. They then went away like nothing happened. Since Talia and Jake weren't dancing, Talia took pictures of Layla and Asher.

The two of them couldn't avoid each other's gaze. As they swayed, their faces moved closer and closer together. Just then, the slow music stopped and switched to more upbeat music.

Jasmine, Talia, Asher and Layla: Stupid DJ!

Asher and Layla stepped back from each other, their cheeks red. They stayed silent for a few seconds but then they heard the host speaking into a microphone.

Host: Good evening everyone. I trust that you are enjoying yourselves. Please have a seat.

As everyone found a seat, Asher took Layla's hand and they slipped away from the room without anyone knowing. When they left the room, Layla took off her heels and they went to the garden. There were rose bushes and lights, making it look like a scene from a movie.

Layla: This place is more beautiful than the inside.
Asher: It is. My favourite part is the roses.
Layla: Mine too.

Asher picked a pretty red rose from a nearby bush and put it in Layla's hair. He then turned away to hide his blushing.

Layla: We didn't get to finish that dance so why don't we do that now?

Asher was surprised at her request but he nodded and smiled. He held her hand and waist, while she put her other hand on his shoulder. They danced like royalty under the cover of a starry sky with the light from the moon shining over them.

They stared deep into each other's eyes while smiling, and their faces grew closer to each other. Asher gave her a look and she nodded. He closed the space between them and kissed her. They forgot their surroundings. All they could focus on was the fact that they were kissing the person they're in love with.

They broke the kiss and he rested his forehead on hers.

Asher: Now you know that I love you.
Layla: And now you know that I feel the same.

Layla gave him a quick kiss on the lips and they smiled. Their moment was interrupted by the sound of applause.

Layla: I guess we should get back in now.
Asher: We'll go back in a few minutes.

Asher pinned Layla against a nearby tree and they kissed again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 250 20
Sunny, a girl who lost her mother two years ago. Her father constantly rapes, beats, and abuses her. Over and over again. She goes through her daily...
409K 9.6K 31
When Layla finds her boyfriend Knox deep inside his bestfriend and realises this has been happening for a while now she makes a decision that bewilde...
502K 11.1K 45
"Uhm.. Sir? Can I help you?" I mumble while staring at him. He breaks out into a huge grin, the kind of grin you see on little kids when they get th...
1.4K 417 50
Some people wait their whole lives to find the perfect friend. But not Isabella Washington. She knew she'd be best friends with Aiden Cunningham the...