Hermione Granger x Reader One...

By smartchase19

These are all fem!Readers by the way! Full of one-shots with the lovely Hermione Jean Granger. I might make o... More

Request Page
I really like you
Friends Instead
This time I'll be sweeter
Twins
I'm guessing you're new then,
Truth or Dare

Lullaby

1.6K 34 6
By smartchase19

"Darling I'd wait, for you," Y/N sung in a whisper. The two of them cuddled up in a ball. Hermione had buried her face in the crook of Y/N's neck, sniffles and quiet whimpers coming from her every now and then. "Even if you didn't ask me to.."

Y/N was holding her protectively, one hand on her waist and the other rubbing circles on Hermione's back. "Tie a lasso, around the moon..."

"Y/N," The bushy-haired girl sobbed. The mentioned girl quick to press a kiss on her forehead, moving her hand to move strands of hair away from her girlfriend's face.

"And bring it on down, to you.." She gave another soft peck on the area between her brows, and another one to the tip of her nose. Hermione started crying a bit harder, her grip on Y/N's jacket not loosening. Y/N only hugged her tighter, her eyes looking at the cottage's ceiling, trying to keep her voice from wavering for she knew it'd only hurt Hermione even more.

"I'd bottle the feeling you give me." Y/N watched the candle flicker when a gentle breeze went by, "Shelve that stuff for years to come,"

She closed her eyes, running her fingers through Hermione's hair, trying to ignore how her heart was breaking at the way Hermione shook. Sobs muffled through cloth, choking on her own tears from trying to contain them.

"'Cause, baby when your arms are around me I swear that I'm holding the sun." She felt Hermione going restless, bothered sobs were all she could hear. It hurt her. "My love it's all going to be okay," she whispered against her hair, "I've got you, and I'm not going to let anything hurt you as long as I'm here. I'm not going anywhere,"

She opened her eyes to see Hermione had hers tightly closed, as if battling her nightmares. The former caressed Hermione's cheek, heart swelling when she saw how red and tear-stricken her eyes were. "I love you," she kissed her forehead once more, leaving her lips there for a while, "Take deep breaths my darling,"

Hermione gave a weak nod, following Y/N's slow breathing in, and slow breathing out. Y/N gave her a soft smile, "You're doing great love, keep doing that,". She felt Hermione slowly relax, but tears hadn't stopped cascading from her sullen eyes. Y/N held her chin and gave her lips a gentle peck, her thumb rubbing the skin after she pulled away.

"I'd give you the sun, if you asked me." Hermione moved to rest her forehead against Y/N's, desperately trying to feel that she's there, that she won't leave. "You could have all of the time,"

"You could have the stars, and the trees," Y/N leaned in 'til there noses were touching. Pressing her lips to Hermione's once more. "When dividing up the universe, you could have mine,"

The older Gryffindor was no longer sobbing. And Y/N took note of the way her chest was rising and falling more slowly, her expression less strained. The teardrops along her cheeks was starting to dry, leaving streaks of shed pain.

"You could have mine," she sung more quietly. The girl she was cradling already asleep. She smiled to herself, leaning in to rest her chin on the girl's head, her fingers tracing soothing shapes down her back.

She was tired, the both of them were. But Y/N promised herself she'd stay strong for the girl that was sound asleep in her arms. She couldn't afford to break, for the both of them would shatter if that were to happen. She didn't want Hermione to carry that burden, for she'd already been through enough.

Her terrifying encounter with Bellatrix at the Malfoy's Manor continued to haunt her nights. It would wake her up in cold sweat, screaming, kicking at pillows, trying to push whatever was suffocating her away. Y/N would jolt awake, try to calm her down, and sing her lullabies to help her get back to sleep. Like what happened just then,

There were times when Hermione couldn't go back to sleep. The two of them would just stay up, sit by the window, relish in each other's touch. Y/N would want to make coffee when she realizes it's only an hour 'til the sun rises, but Hermione didn't want to be in a room alone so she'd trudge along with her. Y/N offered to carry her out of worry, and Hermione'd give her a small giggle, assuring her that she was fine. And that was one of the first times she'd heard Hermione laugh since escaping,

Y/N was the only person Hermione felt comfortable to be physically close with then, and it became a little bit difficult for her to be in other people's vicinities. Bellatrix made her feel hideous, and it took a lot of reassuring for Hermione to believe Y/N wouldn't leave her for the reasons the dark witch listed out.

She made sure to double the reasons of why Y/N loved her. Tripling her efforts of showing it to her, because the girl deserved everything. And it felt like a punch to the gut when she felt like nothing after what was done to her,

Y/N painfully remembered their talk a couple days after, while Hermione was recovering.

The two of them were eating breakfast in their room, on a table Bill transfigured for them. Y/N got it for the both of them to spend some quiet time together. The younger girl had no idea about what Bellatrix told her girlfriend, she could only guess until Hermione brought it up,

"Do you think I'm filthy?"

Y/N almost choked on her coffee. "What? Of course not my love what are you saying—" her sentence was cut short when she looked to Hermione in a daze, staring at her cup.

"Do you think, you could do better than me?"

The girl's eyes softened, she could see Hermione's eyes start to shimmer. Reaching her hand out to hold hers, she said, "I don't think you can do better than the best, 'Mione."

A pause. "If you were given a chance to have someone prettier, nicer, more fun.. someone pure-blooded," her voice broke. "Would you leave me for them?"

"Hermione-"

She cut her off. "Would you?"

The urgency for the question to be answered took her aback. "I would never," she replied with sincerity.

Hermione sighed, looking at the ceiling with her eyebrows furrowed. Y/N was terribly concerned, moving her chair closer to Hermione's. She still wasn't touching her food, and Y/N was about to speak when Hermione asked one more question. "Do you regret wasting years being with me?"

The girl finally looked her in the eyes, and Y/N's heart shattered when she realized she was crying. She immediately stood up and wrapped her arms around her, Hermione was quick to hold her at her waist, pressing her cheek to her stomach as she tried to suppress her sobs. "You could've had anyone you want, why did you stay with me?"

Y/N hugged her tighter, but she said nothing yet. Hermione needed to let everything out. "I'm just a mudblood, so why?"

Hermione stood up, agitated and fearful of Y/N's silence. Tearful eyes meeting crestfallen ones. "For the love of Merlin tell me!" Y/N flinched. "Explain it to me so I can make due with how I will always just be someone of dirty blood to people of your kind. So I'd easily come to terms with why you'll leave once your eyes open and all you see is a girl so undeserving of your love."

Y/N's own tears started to fall. "Tell me, Y/N! Please," she continued to sob.

The girl opened her mouth to finally speak, "When I look at you, I see no one else but the girl I want to spend my morning coffees with. My gorgeous, most brilliant Hermione. You're the reason why I'm fighting to win this war," she cried. Hermione covered her face to shield her sobbing. "A life with you is at stake."

Y/N slowly reached her hand out, placing it on the back of Hermione's neck and pulled her in. A sigh of relief left her lips when she let her. She wrapped her arms tight around her, running her hands through her hair.

"I'm sorry for how people of my blood treat you, I'll never know how it is. But please trust me when I say they're opinions have and will never matter to me. You're not filthy, nor boring, nor a terrible girlfriend. You're Hermione Granger, the wittiest, prettiest, the brightest witch the wizarding world has ever seen, I've had plenty of regrets but loving you isn't one of them—"

Hermione let out a loud sob, as if she's been holding it in for so long, and collapsed further into Y/N. The girl kept whispering sweet nothings to her while her own tears made a clear path on her cheeks.

Now, as the girl sound asleep in her arms, she could head off to slumberland herself. A final look to Hermione as a somber smile crept to her lips, she kissed her temple. "I love you," she whispered before blowing out the candle. The exhaustion caught up to her quick as she snuggled Hermione closer to her, and soon the two girls slept peacefully, arms around each other.

———————

i am alive. drop ur requests if you have any! might give me more motivation to work on it quicker, thanks as always peepo!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 593 20
This is a Hermione Granger x Fem Reader story for all the girls who like/wanna read about Hermione Granger.Sorry about how bad the story will be and...
190K 3.5K 100
Hermione and you scenes Heh, I do all *Title of chapter* - this shit means mature content Y/N - your name L/N - last name I take request :) Pls vot...
305K 7.6K 51
Oneshots, angst and smuts of Hermione<3 For the girls, gays, and non-binary baes. OPEN REQUESTS Status: Complete | Yet still taking requests! ...