Oil & Water

Bởi Jokers_Kitten

Sequel to Wood and Ice. What happens to Rochelle now when she actually meets Tyler Seguin? Will she be able t... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12

chapter 9

16 4 1
Bởi Jokers_Kitten

Tyler

Nothing has been the same without Rochelle in my life. Everything seems flat. Sure I can put on a game face like everyone else out there.  But my heart is closed off.

Jayson refuses to talk to me about her. But I understand that. He has been down too since she won't even talk to him either.

I don't blame him for saying what he did. I get it. I truly do.

After that whole issue, I have called her and messaged her but it always came back as undeliverable.  I tried to ask Jayson if her number has changed. But he said that he gets the same responses that I do. Maybe she blocked us both.

I talked to my mom and she didn't know what to say. At first she said give her time.

But how much time? It's been two years. Two.

I tried calling her the other day. This time it actually went through.

**Hi. You have reached  Rochelle Parker. I am currently out of the country and can't take your call.
Leave me a message and I will get back to you. Thanks and be blessed. **

Alright we are getting somewhere.

But then it was like a knife to the heart.

The mailbox is full and can not accept messages at this time. Try again later.

Practice has been ok and so have the games. I mean I'm playing good even. And the teams winning but still a part of me is empty.

"Have you tried to call her?" Jamie asks me.

"Yeah. Several times. But it's usually the same. Can't be reached."

I didn't want to tell him I actually got to hear her voice this time.

We are sitting in my house watching tv when one of her matches comes on.  She looks good. I checked the info to see when this tournament was and it's airing now for the first time. But something else catches my eye.

"What the fuck!?"

"Tyler what? Whats wrong?" Jamie asks coming from the kitchen.

"Look at the date."

"What about it? It shows today."

"Not the air date Chubs. Look when this match happened." I paused the tv and walked over and pointed to it.

"Ok what about it?"

"We were there. Not like at her game there. But city there."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure.  Look it up and see for yourself."

"Huh."

"I could have gone and seen her. Damit."

Jamie didn't respond. And truthfully I wouldn't know what to say if I was him either.

After that night I haven't thought about it since.

I have run into Matt several times and he has told me some things about her.

For instance, she has a boyfriend but doesn't seem to be happy in the relationship.  And her spark is gone. Even though she puts on an act to hide it from everyone.

But that hurts me even more. Not sure if it's her happiness or her new relationship status.

But my heart breaks.

I started talking to some blonde chick. Who honestly doesn't do anything for me. We don't fool around or anything.  Honestly I don't know why I'm with her.

***Rochelle, what's it like being selected for Team USA?*** A reporter asks her.

I see her moving her lips but don't hear her. I'm just staring.  And she looks beautiful. But Matt was right. There is a sadness there. And that became more prominent when I actually heard what the reporter said.

"Rumor has it that Tyler is with someone else. How does that make you feel?" What the fuck lady!?!?!

"I wish him the best both on and off the ice."

Baby no. 

The reporter says something else but Rochelle cut her off.

"It's his personal life..."

FUCK!!! What have I done?

*You see that?* Matt messaged me.

*Yeah.*

*She still cares.*

*I lost her.*

Jamie has been smiling a lot lately and when I ask him why he just says he's happy.

He has also has a shit eating grin when he messages or talks to someone on his phone. But the phone conversations are usually shut down when he sees me.

I tried to see who he was messaging and it's some girl named Jewel.  At least that is what he said.

Few weeks go by and we are in Tampa. Several guys want to hit up a bar, so I said I may join them later.

"Hey you wanna hit a bar with some of the guys" I ask my girlfriend.

"Oh sure. Always looking to go out and mingle."

"Well get ready."

An hour and forty-five minutes later she's finally ready. And we make our way to the bar.

"Joe, Jayson, Jamie. What's up fellas?" I called out to them.

But there in between Jayson and Jamie sat this most beautiful woman I have ever seen. She hasn't said a word. But the occasional whispers to Jayson and Jamie.

Ms Plastic, saw this woman looking at me and took it upon herself to sit in my lap. Though I have learned to ignore the guys. But this woman rolled her eyes and that caught my attention.

And I couldn't keep my eyes off her. I heard her say softly that she was using the restroom then going to the bar. So I watched her movements.

Our table was a distance away from the bar but by the time I reached her she already must have ordered.

"Hi. Do I know you?"

For a split second there was something that flashed in her eyes. But then it was gone.

"Here's your drinks beautiful." The bartender says and winks at her.

She smiled and walked away.

I ordered another beer for myself and  started to head back to our table.

We talked a bit more than Jayson said he was leaving. But I was talking with Otter about our flight home.

"We should go bowling some time." Joe pipes out.

"I don't know man." I said.

"Haa that reminds me of a time a while back when Tyler lost a bet." Jamie says. But what got me was the jab to the ribs from the woman sitting next to him.

"Man how was I supposed to know she was a pro?"

The girl stands up and starts talking. "As much of a blast I have had here tonight, I need to head home. Work calls in the morning."

Ok so she's a local here.

"Text me when you get home." Jamie asks her and she nodded.

"Nice to meet you Rochelle." Joe says.

That's when it clicked. Our eyes locked on. How can I have been so stupid not to see it was her?

She looked away then walked out the bar.

I looked at Jamie and he smiled. But then called me out. "Dumbass. Go get her."

I ran out the bar as quickly as I could and saw her open the door.

"ROCHELLE.  ROCHELLE PLEASE."

But she drove away. My heart shattered yet again.

I rake my hands through my hair and then make my way back inside. The guys look at me and blonde has a pissed off look.

"Let me guess, she left again." Jamie asks with a sigh.

"Yeah." I say softly.  "Damnit, Chubs, how could I have not known that was her? Fuck practically two years and she was right here in front of me." I hang my head.

Then Joe asks. "Who is she?"

I look up and say "The only woman I truly have and ever will love."

"Hold up a minute." Blondie starts out. "You love her? What the fuck Tyler? After all this time of us being together you love someone else?"

"Yeah."

"Her or me." She says crossing her arms.

"Her. Always has been her and always will be."

"You asshole." Blondie says as she throws her drink in my face and stomps off.

"Hate to say it, Tyler. But thank god Miss Plastic is gone." Otter stated.

I wiped my face off and took a good swig of my beer.

"She's home." Jamie says.

"How do you know? Wait did she just message you?" I asked him with some bite in my voice.

"Yeah she did. I asked her to. And if you get your foot out of your ass you would go over to her home and talk to her." He bit back.

"She doesn't want anything to do with me. She left. Plus if you don't remember she kicked me out the last time." I say raising my voice a bit.

"You gave up."

"No she did. She pushed me away. I tried."

"Not hard enough."

"What do you know?"

I put some cash on the bar and headed out. How could he have said that to me? My bestfriend for that matter.

After catching a flight home several days later I still didn't feel right.

So I stopped at a liquor store and bought a couple of bottles of whiskey.

Making it in my kitchen after letting the dogs out I grabbed a glass and filled it with ice.

After deciding the glass wasn't good enough, I started drinking straight from the bottle.

Jerry, Cash, and Marshall sat around me. You could tell they knew I was upset.

How could I be so stupid not knowing it was her?

Deciding sitting down wasn't good enough, I tried to distract myself by making my way into an area off my garage. There I just practice making goals in the net I have.

This and drinking feels good.

What I don't remember is falling asleep cause waking up my head is fucking pounding. There are holes in the wall, bottles laying around, and apparently some broken bottles too.

"I am not going to ask. But Tyler Paul Seguin, you are going to clean yourself up and then clean this mess up." My mom says.

"Mom? When did you get here?"

"Never you mind me that. Go do what I said. I will have breakfast and coffee waiting for you when you're done."

I did exactly as my mother said and then sat down at the table. She passed me some coffee and sat down in front of me.

She didn't say anything but just looked at me. I let out a sigh and started talking.  I told everything without leaving a single detail out.

The thing about my mom is that she's not judgemental and doesn't take sides. She tells it as it is and holds nothing back. I can literally talk to her about anything. And everything.

"So you decided to get drunk and put holes in your wall."

"Yeah. I know it was foolish."

"At least you said it."

"Thanks mom." I said and she shrugged her shoulders.

"So Plastic left. Gone for good I hope."

"For me she is. But I'm not sure she ment that."

"Why?"

Passing my mom my phone she sees my lock screen and raises an eye. But eventually unlocks it and sees the messages on pouring from Plastic.

"You're gonna have to do something about that girl. She's going to cause trouble for you if you dont."

"I know."

"Now what's up with this lock screen?"

Looking at the phone and smiled. 
"It's always been her mom. She's it."

"Really. Don't you think that is sending the wrong message from what you just said to me and with little Miss Plastic.  Saying it's been here but you're dating someone else?"

"Fuck." I place my head on the table.
"How do I fix this?"

"Well for starters, stop the drinking.  Stop seeing other females.  Because honestly it's like your slipping back to your younger self."

I knew what my mom was saying was right.  But how do I apologize to her for her to understand when I say I'm sorry I am true to my word.

Just then the door bell rings and Chubs walks in. "Hey momma Segs, thanks for coming. "

"Wait you called my mom?"

"Tyler." My mom says sharply.

"Yeah because you have been nothing but an ass since that night. You shut everyone of us out. So I had no choice."

"Whatever."

"What's really going on? Just come out and say it."

"Easy Jamie."

"No offense momma Segs, but it's like ever since he found out I am talking to her, he has been an ass."

"You're right. I'm pissed because you are talking to her and I'm not."

"You're jealous. " both mom and Jamie said.

Holy shit they're right. I'm jealous.  I never been jealous before.

I sat on the couch with my head in my hands. Chubs came over next to me and put his hand on my shoulder.  I told him I was sorry and he knew I never ment anything towards him.

Mom cleaned up from her cooking and headed out to fly back home. That is until she gave me a hug.

Now its time to work on me again so I can work on getting her back.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

12.6K 230 9
It's the summer of 2011, and Elena Hart thought that finally she was going to get a chance to kick back and relax. However there are a change of plan...
32.9K 1.8K 43
18+ only "The fewer people that know the truth the better. And if this all goes smoothly, you two will be able to get divorced before the hockey sea...
7.6K 451 49
WYR: keep it easy or blur the lines? With one year left before Finley Shaw is off to medical school and the hardest year yet of her college educatio...
356K 4.5K 38
Harley and Tyler have been friends all their lives but can one mistake and an NHL draft ruin all of that? **COMPLETED** DISCLAIMER *This is all fake...