The Queen of Spades (promise...

By Kim9105

"Everybody had different pasts, experiences, and personalities, but the anguish we all felt were the same." K... More

Very short author's note
Part 1- newcomer arc: Chapter 1-The blackout
Chapter 2-Knowledge is key
Chapter 3-Meet-up
Chapter 4-Let the games begin
Chapter 5-Ambush
Part 2- beach arc:Chapter 6-Perfect cards, perfect duo
Chapter 7-Executive meeting
Chapter 8-Trust
Chapter 9-The human heart-something I can never understand
Chapter 10-Silent communication
Chapter 11-The militants
Chapter 12-Different perspectives
Chapter 13-A key source of information
Chapter 14-Perfect timing and perfect pawns
Chapter 15-Wild animals
Chapter 16-Treatment and rest
Part 3- ten of hearts arc: Chapter 17-Take control, or be in control
Chapter 18-Operation...fail?
Chapter 19-Mystery solved
Chapter 20-Blow your mind
Chapter 21-Unraveled secrets
Chapter 22-Stage two
Part 4- face card arc:Chapter 23-Surprise entrance
Chapter 24-Physical limit
Chapter 25-Watch your footing
Chapter 26-World domination
Chapter 27-Hunter or hunted
Chapter 28-Whole-heartedly
Chapter 30-Re-united
Chapter 31-outnumbered
Chapter 32-If they hit you, hit them back twice as hard
Chapter 33- Saviour
Extra chapter 34-a game with the King
Extra Chapter 35- teaser
Chapter 36-fight to the death
Chapter 37- Me, myself and I
Part 5-Akihiko arc:Chapter 38-repeating the past
Chapter 39-Betrayal
Chapter 40-high stakes
Chapter 41-kindness, or blindness?
Chapter 42-insanity
Chapter 43-save your tears
(Survivor arc) Chapter 44-familiar faces
Chapter 45-A New Job
Chapter 48-Yes
Chapter 49-significant other
(Citizen arc) Chapter 50-reborn
Chapter 51-dealers and players
Chapter 52- a new association
Chapter 53-secrets
Chapter 54-home sweet home
Chapter 55-high tensions
Chapter 56-teamwork makes the dreamwork
Extra note
Chapter 51-moving on
Chapter 52-Mansion of Monsters
Chapter 53-Worthy
Chapter 54-Bullseye
Chapter 55-A pound of flesh
Chapter 56-A cup of tea
Chapter 57-A new Beginning
Chapter 58-An encounter
Chapter 59-First move
Chapter 60-deadly secrets
Chapter 61-Uncertainty
The Queen of Hearts

Chapter 29-Final stage

246 5 3
By Kim9105

"Welcome to the final stage, players. As you know, this stage is called: Wrestling.

Rules: beat my in a fight and push me off the edge to win. Simple, right?" Shigure explained.

He stood at one end of the platform, the three of you splitting up and surrounding him. There must have been something more to it than just simply fighting with him. But, what was it?

He started chasing towards you, before he was lifted up by a tile on the platform, giving him more jumping power. You quirked up an eyebrow. "Lifting tiles?" You asked. He tried kicking you, but you dodged it, blocking his ankle with your forearm.

 Yaba observed this. The three of you knew nothing about his fighting skills so you were wary of it, making sure not to underestimate him.

He used his other leg to kick your face, which took you by great surprise of how he had that level of coordination and control even if he was in mid-air, transferring his weight to the leg you were carrying. You let go of his leg, falling backwards. "What the fuck? What were you before the borderlands? A boxer?" You shouted.

"Don't underestimate me!" He shouted, before answering, "I was a rock star, and a professional wrestler!" Yaba ran towards him, attempting to fight with him, but was stopped by an arrow flying right past him, him avoiding it by a hair's breadth. Banda simply stood at the side, observing everything that was happening to strategize.

That did remind you, you remembered seeing a wrestler one day who had gone behind bars before.

———————————————————-

You slung your handbag on your shoulder, walking home with substantial shopping bangs in your other hand. "These are enough groceries for dinner tonight," you thought. You stopped at the huge television nearby the train station at Shibuya Crossing that displayed the local news of Tokyo. 

"And now on Tokyo live local news, we will be discussing about the arrested rock star and professional wrestler Shigure Kayuura of age 18." The news reporter wearing a former dress held her scripts in the both of her hands that were filled with gold rings. A picture of him playing the drums during a performance was shown at the top left corner of the screen. "He has been found guilty for the death of three young girls, their father of which was not on good terms with him. He has a sentence of 10 years in prison." 

"Only 10 years for the murder of three kids? Their father must be feeling a sense of injustice. I mean the defendant is 18 though," you thought to yourself, continuing with your walk back to your hideout.

6 months later, as you were walking home with Akira after having picked him up from his school, you stopped by the television yet again to watch the news daily. It showed an "Emergency Broadcast" sign in bold red words, with a black screen surrounding it. Many people gathered in front of the television to see what was the emergency broadcast about.

"Last night at 4am, Shigure Kayuura, an 18 year-old former rock star and professional wrestler has escaped from prison along with 4 other accomplices, Himawa Josai, Rei Tomi, Tanaka Mai and Ibara Shozei. Please lock your doors and windows at night as they are said to be roaming around this area. Please stay safe. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill." The same news reporter announced with shaky hands.

Whispers were heard among the crowd as pictures of them were showed on the television for everybody to see. "If you see any of these people, run away immediately and call the police. These are very dangerous people. Do not attempt to engage with them. I repeat, last night at 4am..." 

(Shiver me timbers I locked the door to my house and every single window because I scared myself by writing this chapter.)

Your grip on Akira's hand tightened. "Let's do what they say. Don't go out late at night. Better to be safe than sorry," you told him.

——————————————————-

"You're that guy who escaped from prison after 6 months of your sentence!" You pointed at him in realization.

"Yeah. But in here, I can kill to my heart's content. Nobody gives a flying fuck if I kill everybody in the borderlands right now!" He exclaimed, fighting you and Yaba head-on. 

"Kayami-san, notice how every time he taps the floor twice with the same foot, the platform will rise. Also, when he faces his palm in the direction of one of the holes, an arrow comes out of it," Banda analyzed him closely and informed you about his habits.

You noticed that Shigure tapped his foot twice before a platform rose below his feet. He then pounced on you. You gave him a kick, before he gave you another kick in return. You backflipped away from him, letting Yaba settle him.

You noticed Banda standing at the side. He soon tapped his foot twice on the floor, and following his predictions, he rose above the platform with a tile lifting him up. Why had you not noticed that sooner? He then faced his palm towards a hole in the wall. A sharp arrow pierced out of it.

"So you really are making this game fair for all of us, huh?" You ran towards him before tapping you foot twice. You then faced your palm towards the hole in the wall behind him. An arrow was shot towards him, but he quickly tapped his foot twice, charging towards you whilst triggering every single arrow.

He used brute force to punch through your strong defense. After 10 seconds, your platform soon descended back to the ground. He shot an arrow towards you before jumping off his own platform, rushing towards Banda. 

You used the metal plate you had collected from the previous game as a shield. It appeared that Yaba's arm was hurt with an arrow. The wound was not particularly deep, due to the thick sleeves of his suit, so he did not mind the slight stinging sensation he felt on it. 

You faced your palm towards the hole where Shigure was charging at. He soon stopped in his tracks. "Woah! Almost got me there!" He exclaimed.

"These new things are new to us, so let's get used to them as fast as possible and use them to their full potential!" You told him, who nodded. You ran towards him, ducking down below an arrow flying above your head and leaping above an arrow that was at your waist level.

Yaba sent multiple arrows flying towards Shigure. You picked the one that stabbed Yaba from the ground, and got an idea to use it as a weapon. "Weapons are strictly prohibited in this game," he had once said. But he did not mention utilizing the objects in the game as self-defense tools.

He turned around to fight all three of you at the same time. Soon, he rose on a tall platform after tapping his foot on the ground twice, grabbing your arm at the same time. You had soon caught on with what he was trying to pull off. You tried twisting your body to kick him, but his grip was far too tight on you.

As you were close to the edge, getting above ground and throwing you off the platform was not a bad idea. He swung you towards the edge to let you fall down into the bottomless abyss. You screamed, trying to shift your weight to the left side to get you back onto the platform. Soon, your left hand caught grasp of the edge of the platform keeping you alive.

You did a pull-up, hoisting your right leg up. Shigure used this chance to send an arrow in your direction. The metal plate you used as a shield before was kicked away by Shigure. Unfortunately, you failed in evading and the back of your palm was stabbed by the arrow. You took it out, running towards him with murder on your mind.

ignoring the jolting pain in your body, you charged at him with willpower, ready to kill him. With a steely resolve, your mind and soul were focused solely on him.

Yaba kicked him from the side towards Banda, who pierced him with an arrow and punched him hard. However, those efforts were not enough to prevent him from continuing the fight. "What the fuck is that man made of, steel? He reminds me of Aguni!" You wondered.

You then sprinted towards him with the arrow in your hand. He grabbed your forearm , but you twisted to the right side to kick him with your left leg. You crouched down and slide in between his two legs and kicked him from behind. Yaba grabbed your metal plate and hit his face with it. He then lifted himself up a platform, evading you guys. 

He then sent arrows everywhere towards you like a maniac. Yaba turned his back towards the platform Shigure was standing on and used the metal plate to cover himself from any danger. You picked up two arrows and cartwheeled to the side, dodging two arrows and used your arrows to divert the direction of the flying arrows by hitting them.

Once you had time, you tapped your foot on the ground twice to create a platform above you. You then pounced straight onto Shigure, whose platform has just descended. You hooked your legs around him, stabbing his back and nape continuously without stopping for a single millisecond.

Despite him using an arrow to stab your leg three times, you kept going on, not giving up. Banda stood on his platform, observing the fight from above. Thanks for nothing, Banda! Yaba gave him repeated punches in the face until his nose was bloody. Not long later, he collapsed on the ground, unconscious. 

"Quick! Drag him to the edge and throw him down before he wakes up!" Yaba said, grabbing him from underneath his armpits. You lifted him up from his ankles. The two of you slowly carried his body towards the edge of the cliff and hurled him down. 

His arms were outstretched, his limbs hanging freely as the laser from the ceiling above you guys zapped through his head prior to him falling deep down into nowhere. The three of you had beat him at his own game.

"The Challenger team has won against the Jack of Spades. Congratulations!" The female robotic voice announced. The door to the exit opened, letting you see sunlight after about 5 hours of tireless playing of games. 

The three of you gathered back at the center of the room, before heading out together. You leaned on your good foot, limping towards the exit. Though the stab wounds were not quite deep, you still felt the sting of it rushing to your leg whenever you added pressure to it. 

"Here. You can lean on me. Treat it as my way of repaying you for earlier," he offered. Thanking him repeatedly, you placed one hand onto his shoulder, and the other on his elbow, letting him hold you up.

With blood surrounding your mouth and trailing down your chin, you said, "After so much, I still managed to survive. Why won't my body let anybody kill me, when I just want to rest?" 

"That's because your body's telling you that it wants to live on. I've felt the anguish you did before, and right now, the only thing I want to feel in the games is fun," Yaba answered, wiping off the blood at the corner of your mouth like an elder brother showing concern for his helpless little sister.

Whilst you three were heading to the exit of the game venue, you noticed a white circular table holding the Jack of Spades card. You picked it up and examined it, before putting it into your pocket. 

"Say, where are you two going now? I'm heading back to the supermarket nearby," you questioned them.

"Just going to stay somewhere after finding food for the night. You plan on playing any games after this?" Yaba answered, throwing you another query.

"Yes. The Jack of clubs is still yet to be completed, so tomorrow I'll complete that game. Then, maybe I'll go for the Queen of Diamonds or King of Hearts," you replied. 

"I would very much like to see you in another game, especially working with you. It would most definitely be a pleasant experience," Banda grinned, before walking off with his hands in his pockets.

You took out a bandage from your backpack and wrapped it around your thigh which was stabbed continuously by Shigure and around your palm which was pierced by an arrow. "Need it?" You asked Yaba, extending your hand with the bandage towards him. He nodded and took it from you, thanking you. He lifted up his sleeve and tied it around his arm. 

"When I go back, I'll probably have to put stitches on myself. Hopefully the mall, or the supermarket sells anesthetics for me to take before the painful procedure," you stated. 

He nodded, before tying a knot around with the bandage that covered his injury.

"See you in the Jack of clubs, Kayami-san."

"You too, Yaba."

(Okay so if anybody is confused about the timing this is the day that Chishiya is supposed to be playing the King of Diamonds game, I know that about the following day he goes to meet up with Arisu and Niraigi who challenges him to a game, but let me extend the plot for more games because I feel like they are not showing enough games. The king of hearts had so much potential as the supposedly most difficult game, so I would like to add it into my story. Bye bye!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 1.1K 30
"I usually have one of these every other week. Mental breakdowns, I mean. But imminent death is rarely the topic. More like, I failed an exam or my o...
48.7K 1K 20
Chishiya considered himself cold-hearted. Selfish even before the Borderlands happened. He had never met someone as difficult as the matters of the h...
2.5K 96 7
** I do not own Alice in Borderland or any of the characters. I only own Daigo Kana. That being said, this story roughly follows the timeline of the...
33.5K 1.2K 17
„You're not mad at me for what I did weeks ago right?" he scoffs „Don't think you have such a big impact on me, to remember you for more then two day...