The children who lived, Fough...

By Moldyvoldytoes420

||ONGOING|| 1976, the year that changed the Maurders and so life. What will happen when a note suddenly appea... More

Author's note
NEW BOOK (s)
Cast
Prologue
FIRST YEAR: THE SORCERER'S STONE
Chapter One
chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter Seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter evelen
Chapter Twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter 16
SECOND YEAR; THE CHAMBER OF SECERETS
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
THIRD YEAR; THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Fourty-Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Forty-four
FOURTH YEAR; THE GOBLET OF FIRE
Chapter Fourty-Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter fourty eight
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty one
Chapter Fifty two
Chapter fifty three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty five
Chapter fifty six
Chapter fity seven
FIFTH YEAR: THE ORDER OF PHEONIX
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty one

Chapter Fourty Seven

3K 111 14
By Moldyvoldytoes420

Goblet of fire

(Not edited)

[The Goblet in the great hall flickers eerily at the top of the halt. A group of underclassmen- the quadrant among them- stand by as their older classmates submit their names.]

Hermione clutches a copy of Triwizard Tragedies. "People have gotten splinched in this Tournament! More than once!"

"Splinched?"

Seamus shrugs, "Dunno. But it doesn't sound good."

Severus scoffed, "Obviously."

Cedric steps up to the goblet, he nods his head at the twins as he drops his name in, "Potter."

Marlene fans herself, "Why can't the boys in my year look like that."

James and Sirius both made an offended noise.

Ron raises his hand in greeting, but Cedric is already dashing back to his friends. Ron frowns, drops his hand, and glances back to the goblet.

"Awarkad"

"Eternal glory. Be brilliant, wouldn't it, three years from now, when we're old enough, to be chosen?"

"Better you than me." Harry mumbles.

Harry grins and Ron nods knowingly.

Primrose scoffs, "Ginger head, you wouldn't last a day."

"I love it when she calls him that."

James narrows his eyes at Regulus, "I find it very concerning how obsessed you are with my daughter."

"It runs in the family." Evan snickers.

Ron scowls at her. "I would!"

Just then, Fred and George come striding forth, looking pleased with themselves.

"Well, we've done it, lads," Fred says with a look of triumphant.

Molly shakes her head, "Oh boy."

"Cooked it up just this morning."

Primrose shakes her head, "This can't be good."

Fred and George hold up Twin Vials

"It's not going to work..." Hermione says in a sing-song.

Everyone turns to her as she flips a page in her book.

"Yeah? And why's that, Granger?"

"Because a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dim-witted as an Ageing Potion."

Dumbledore beams.

"That's what makes it so brilliant.
It's pathetically dim-witted." Fred grins

Hermione nods her head, "Go on, then."

"Ready, Fred."

"Ready, George."

"Bottoms Up!"

As one, they tip a gooey green liquid onto their tongues and, with great drama, cross the golden line enctroting the Goblet. As they drop their names, everyone Waits...And waits.

Fred and George grin, high five each other.

Sirius sighs, "I love them."

Suddenly they are ejected high in the air, out of the circle, and flat onto their backs, whereupon Little White Beards
Sprout on their chins.

The great hall rang with laughter. Even Fred and George joined in, once they had gotten to their feet and taken a good look at each other's beards.

Suddenly the great hall went silent.
Hermione looks up and sees what has silenced them:

Victor Krum.

He drops his name, glances at her, briefly, then lowers his head and slouches away. Hermione watches him go briefly, then turns back to her book.

Primrose raises a brow and nudges Hermione.

[The Camera Drifts to the Goblet Of Fire, dancing with Flames, and fades out to the goblet later that night]

The House tables crackle with anticipation, At the Tall Table, the staff waits, Moody among them. Dean Thomas dashes up to the Gryffindor table.

"Did you hear! Not a single student from Beauxbatons submitted their name."

"What!"

Harry and Ron glanced at the Ravenclaw table, where Cho sits next to an empty seat. Ron looks crestfallen.

"They've gone home!?!"

Hermione looks down at her book, unbothered, "Can't say I'm surprised.
Those girls were just a tad high-strung if you ask me."

Suddenly there is a Stir at the back of the hall and the Beauxbatons girls, chins held high, stride single-fie into the room, past the House tables, and up to the Goblet of Fire where one after another they deposit their names.

As a final flourish, one of them casts a handful of Pixie Dust into the Goblet, which issues a Pink Cloud of Rose Petals.

The Hall rings with whistles and cheers.
Ron beams.

"Oh, for crying out loud."

Ron grins, "I love it when they do this.."

Hermione turns to him confused, "Do what?"

"You know... walk together."

"Thank you, ladies, of Beauxbatons, for that enjoyable bit of theatre. Now... the moment has arrived."

Dumbledore draws his wand and gives a great sweeping motion. Instantly, the torches lining the hall gutter then die. The only light comes from the Blue-white Flames of the Goblet.

"Any second," Lee Jordan whispered, two seats away from Harry.

The flames inside the goblet turned suddenly red again. Sparks began to fly from it. The next moment, a tongue of flame shot into the air, and a charred piece of parchment fluttered out of it — the whole room gasped.

Dumbledore caught the piece of parchment and held it at arm's length so that he could read it by the light of the flames, which had turned back to blue-white.

Lily begins to mutter to herself.

"The champion for Durmstrang," he read, in a strong, clear voice, "will be Viktor Krum."

A storm of Applause accompanies Krum from the Slytherin table to the top of the hall and into the adjoining chamber.

"No surprise there!" Yelled out, Ron.

The clapping and chatting died down. Now everyone's attention was focused again on the goblet, which, seconds later, turned red once more. A second piece of parchment shot out of it, propelled by the flames.

"The champion for Beauxbatons," said Dumbledore, "is Fleur Delacour!"

"It's her, Ron!" Harry shouted as the girl who so resembled a veela got gracefully to her feet, shook back her sheet of silvery blonde hair, and swept up between the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables.

"I'm telling you, they don't make them like that at Hogwarts." Ron whistles through his fingers a touch loudly
Hermione glowers at him.

"Someone's jealous" Drocas chuckles.

"Uh, I dunno. Primrose is—" Seamus stops what he was about to say when he sees that Harry is throwing death glares at him.

James scowls, "Don't you even dare talk about my little Bambi like that you tuff headed git"

Euphemia hits him on the head, "James! Watch your mouth."

"But mum...."

"And lastly, the Hogwarts champion." Dumbledore pauses dramatically, "Cedric Diggory!"

Lily and a few others felt like they could finally breathe again.

"Silly git..."

"He's meant to be quite smart actually.
And he's a Prefect."

Ron rolled his eyes, "Like that's a good thing..."

Dumbledore claps, "Excellent! We now have our three champions. I'm sure I can count upon all of you to give your full support to each and every—"

A collective Gasp cuts Dumbledore short: the Flames in the Goblet of Fire have, once more, turned Red.

Automatically, it seemed, Dumbledore reached out a long hand and seized the parchment. He held it out and stared at the name written upon it.

Primrose sits up, she shares a panicked look with Blaise, "There shouldn't be four champions."

There was a long pause, during which Dumbledore stared at the slip in his hands, and everyone in the room stared at Dumbledore. And then Dumbledore cleared his throat and read out —

"Harry Potter."

The great hall was silent. No one could believe it, and then, of course, chaos broke out.

"WHAT THE BLOODY FUCK!"

"NO WAY"

"IMPOSSIBLE" Lucius shouted out.

"BLOODY FUDGING DOGS"

"JAMES POTTER!"

Lily starts shaking,

"SILENCE!"

Primrose goes deathly pale.

There was no applause. Just silence, then every eye in the hall turns towards a frozen Harry. Ron searches Harry's face for some explanation.

"I didn't put my name in," Harry said blankly. "You know I didn't."

"But how?"

"Impossible he's a cheat!"

"Oh, you watch your mouth Malfoy!"

Both of them stared just as blankly back.

"Go on, Harry." Hermione Whispers, giving Harry a push.

Harry rises stiffly and begins the slow walk past the house tables. As he comes level with the Tall table he catches sight of Dumbledore. He is not smiling.

[Harry enters the trophy room seconds later and stops, stunned.]

Viktor Krum, Cedric Diggory, and Fleur Delacour were grouped around the fire. They looked strangely impressive, silhouetted against the flames. Krum, hunched up and brooding, was leaning against the mantelpiece, slightly apart from the other two. Cedric was standing with his hands behind his back, staring into the fire. Fleur Delacour looked around when Harry walked in and threw back her sheet of long, silvery hair.

"Do zey want us back in ze Hall?" She asks.

Harry didn't say anything, he just stood there.

The door crashes open and Dumbledore sweeps inside as do Karkaroff, Maxime, Snape, and Crouch. Maxime, swellin' indignantly, brushes her head against a chandelier

"What is ze meaning of zis, Dumblydorr!"

Dumbledore grab Harry by his shoulders and asked calmly, "Harry, did you put your name into the Goblet of Fire?"

Harry shook his head. "No, sir."

"Did you ask an older student to put your name in?"

"No, sir."

"Ah, but of course'e is lying!" Cried Madame Maxime.

"The hell he is. The Goblet of Fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object. Only an exceptionally powerful Confundus Charm could have hoodwinked it. A magic beyond the talents of any Fourth Year."

"You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought, Moody." Said Karkaroff coldly.

"It was once my job to think the way Dark wizards do, Karkaroff. Perhaps you remember."

"Barty... I leave this to you."

Barty lip curls, "Yes leave it to my pathetic excuse of a Father."

Crouch stands by the fire, staring into the flames blankly, face cast in eerie half-shadow.

Moody's blue eye vibrates with strange intensity as he considers the older man.

"The rules are absolute. The Goblet of Fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Mr. Potter has no choice. He is, as of tonight, a Triwizard Champion."

A sob breaks free from Lily.

[As Harry enters the Gryffindor common room he is met with a blast of noise that almost knocks him back.]

There stood the whole of Gryffindor House, all of whom were screaming, applauding, and whistling.

"You should've told us you'd entered!" bellowed Fred; he looked half annoyed, half deeply impressed.

"How did you do it without getting a beard? Brilliant!" roared George.

"I didn't," Harry said. "I don't know how —"

But he was cut off by Angelina, "Oh if it couldn't be me, at least it's a Gryffindor —"

"We've got food, Harry, come and have some"

"I'm not hungry—"

But no one wanted to hear him. That he wasn't hungry or that he didn't put his name in the goblet or that he wasn't in the mood to celebrate at all.

Remus throws his hands up, "Give the poor kid a break."

He couldn't get away, Everyone wanted to know how he had done it, how he had tricked Dumbledore's Age Line and managed to get his name into the goblet. . . .

"I didn't," he said, over and over again, "I don't know how it happened."

But no one listened.

"I'm tired!" he bellowed finally, after nearly half an hour. "No, seriously, George — I'm going to bed —"

Harry managed to shake everyone off and climb up to the dormitory as fast as he could.

"Poor kid, I mean he can never catch a bloody break!" Ted exclaims, outraged with how they are allowing an underage kid to participate in a deadly tournament.

To his great relief, he found Ron lying on his bed in the otherwise empty dormitory, still fully dressed. He looked up when Harry slammed the door behind him.

"How'd you do it?" Ron ask, there was something off about him. "Never mind. Doesn't matter. Might've let me know, though."

"Let you know what?"

"You know bloody hell what." Ron spits out.

"I didn't ask for this to happen, Ron.
Okay? You're being stupid."

"That's me. Ron Weasley. Harry
Potter's stupid friend."

"I didn't put my name in the Cup!" HRry says for what seems like the hundredth time that night. "I don't want eternal glory! just want to be..." Harry stops and frowns.

"Look. I don't know what happened
tonight. And I don't know why. It just... did. Okay?"

Ron rolled his eyes, "piss off."

[In the Slytherin common room, sat the Slytherin core five (A/N: they need a nickname idk)]

Primrose was pacing back and forth, hair a mess from running her fingers through it.

"Prim, darling. Clam down, your gonna run a hole in the carpet."

Regulus winced, "Not a good choice dude."

Primrose stops and turns to glare At Theodore, "Clam down! My bloody freaking brother is now in a tournament where he could die! My other half! Theodore don't tell me to fucking calm down."

They all grimace. They have rarely seen primrose like this.

Draco scoffs, "I can't believe Potter actually did it. I mean come on, he really needs all the attention on him huh."

"What a lovely spawn you have Cissy." Bella taunts her sister.

"Draco freaking Malfoy shut your bloody trap before I jinx you so hard you won't be able to ever open it again, hell maybe I should I would be doing your mother a favor."

Draco stares at her, jaw dropped.

Mattheo just stays silent though out the whole thing, watching as the rest of the boys try to calm down Primrose.

"So much for a peaceful year." Barty scoffs

_________________________________________________________________________
A/N: get ready. You're in for a long ride.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

848K 25.3K 91
"This is all your bloody fault, Malfoy." When an accidental spell throws Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy back in time to the Marauder's era, they a...
94.5K 3.2K 57
It's 1976 and the students at the Hogwarts are in the midst of dinner on Halloween when eight movies are appeared and they are joined by 9 unknown yo...
199K 5K 59
When the Marauders, Lily and their rival, Severus come in contact with a cauldron that sends them to the future, hell brakes loose! Sirius Black is o...
119K 3K 35
A pair of twins will save the world just like the stars predicted... A potion and a series of books will change the timeline... A girl will begin to...