In The Fight To Survive (Gold...

By Local4Life

Weeks after Dumbledore was murdered by Severus Snape, the order show up in Private Drive to get Harry safe be... More

In The Fight to Survive (Golden Trio) [BOOK FOUR]
Birthday Haul
Never Surrender
Favour For A Friend
Becoming Harry Potter
Plethora Of Power
Linking Up
Bandage Bound
Beyond The Bouquet
Talking Harry Down
Molly's Tactics
Tetchy Teens
Accidental Reconcile
Risk Awareness
Where To Begin
What We Know
A Good Morning
Mikayla's ED Origin
Fading Away
Slow and Steady
Ginny's Gift
Gate Crasher
Dumbledore's Will
The Minister's Temper
Choices and Crushes
Meeting Mouthy Muriel
First Dance Song
Taken
Baiting Voldy
In Writing
Deeper Understandings
In The Dark
Fake Out
Break Free
Infiltrating The Ministry
Propaganda Pamphlets
Muggleborns On Trial
Surprise Visit
The Griffiths Family
Griphook's Revenge
Explosive Emotions
Shell Cottage
After The Clash
Morality Artistry
Cooking And Chains
Phoenix Preparations
Sundry Valley Skirmish
Freddie's Superpower
Faoladh
A White Winter
Echoes
The Carra Family Motto
Godric's Hollow
Alerts and Answers
The Serpent Under't
Prepping and Promises
Merry Mirth
Gifts For The Kids
Ron's Timely Return
Ron VS Riddle
Reclaiming Control
The Nexus Resolve
Made For Mikayla
Here I Am
Monitoring Mikayla
Nott Penelope
The Breakdown Of The Order
The Crimes of Rodney O'Brien
Rodney's Sentence
Patronus and Pictures
Death Notices
Rascal, Romulus & Rapier
Come Back Home
Setting The Stage
A Fatal Accident
Sunroom Session
Blanger Danger
Advice & Lies
The Horcruxes To Hunt
Buying Time
Rest In Peace
Life Or Death
Dream Designs
Loving Looks
The Deathly Hallows
Desperation Disaster
The Most Powerful Piece
Couple's Questionnaire
A Splash Of Paint
Silver Linings
Privacy Boundaries
Thankfulness and Throwing Shapes
For You Are Mine At Last
Uncomfortable Realisations
Buried Secrets
The Canister's Key
The Mind Mystery
Afterlife Orders
Death Toll Grows
Jailbreak
Taboo
False Identities
Snatched
Malfoy Manor
The Puppeted Plan
The Prisoner of Malfoy Manor
Sanguis Purificator
The Free Elf
Big Brother Bill
Return of the Roberts
The Ginayla Kinship
The Ripplestone Way
Resolve and Reconcile
Picture Perfect
Polar Perceptions
Wand Law
Operation Evacuation
First Blood

Proposal and Presence

24 0 1
By Local4Life

A/N- Here's a double update to make up from my absence and to celebrate the first Saturday of the new year! I hope you all have a magical year and complete the goals you set out to achieve. Comment your resolutions (if you made any). I Love you all!

The whole party retired to the main sitting room, where Mikayla, Ginny and Brian set up a corner for musical performances. Cushions were littered on the floor for the younger kids to sit down, where they played with the toys they were gifted, while the adults took the sofas and armchairs. Arthur relit the fireplace, Fred served everyone a choice between eggnog and hot chocolate, while Bill handed out blankets to complete the cozy scene. Fleur gave all the adults their Kris Kringle gifts, for them to all open them together while the kids where still distracted with their toys.

Mikayla had gifted Molly a silver bracelet with nine eternity circle charms on it with each of the original nine Weasleys' birthstone in the centre of each circle charm. They were arranged in a line from oldest to youngest along the band of the bracelet. She wrapped Molly in a hug before her adoptive mother could dissolve into tears over the reminder that two of her sons weren't present. Mikayla wasted no time, after she consoled Molly, in opening her gift from Úna. The first half of the gift was a reddish-pink leather journal with a Phoenix printed on the front cover. The second half of the gift was a sterling silver necklace with a circular pedant of a silver Phoenix, with diamond accents, wrapped around a loop of Austrian blue crystal.

"I owe you a Phoenix necklace after I broke yours, and I thought you might need a journal to keep track of all the brilliant ideas that run through your head." Úna explained to the blonde in a hushed whisper, "thank you, they are both absolutely gorgeous." Mikayla wrapped her arms around Úna, holding the older woman tight hoping she gets the hint of how grateful she is, that there was no words for it. "But why a Phoenix?" Mikayla jokingly asked as they pulled apart, which first Úna rolls her eyes at before giving Mikayla a serious answer, "because just like a Phoenix you are a message of hope, renewal and healing in our broken world."

Mikayla blushed at the words, thinking that Úna was giving her way too much credit, but knew better than voice these thoughts, "you flatter me too much." Mikayla commented with a light laugh, looking away hoping would get the hint that she should open her own gift instead of complimenting her. While searching for a distraction, Mikayla caught Kingsley's eye as he lead Penelope towards the hall door. The blonde discreetly sent him a thumbs up while Penelope's back was turned, Mikayla gave Kingsley Penelope's name for Kris Kringle so that he could discreetly exit the room with her without people questioning it.

And if they had questioned it, Mikayla would jump in with the pre-discussed cover story that Kingsley had mistakenly left his gift for her under the Christmas tree in the Sun Room. Mikayla asked Úna to fasten her new necklace onto her neck, before she got to her feet and made her way over to Fred. He and Charlie were animatedly chatting with one another, and she wasn't sure if they were arguing or just really passionate about what they were discussing. As she stood next to him, Fred wrapped his arm around her waist almost immediately and pulled her against his side with a greeting smile.

Him and Charlie were talking about the glow in the dark dragon ring Fred had gotten him for Kris Kringle, and how it was one of a kind because Alicia had made it for him. Mikayla looked at the silver ring and couldn't help but be impressed by Alicia's skill and Fred's thoughtfulness. "It is a beautiful ring, very you." Mikayla commented to join the conversation smoothly, "I know! That's why I think you are the brains behind it, but Fred is insisted it was all his idea." Mikayla chuckled while shaking her head at the brothers, "I honestly had no part in your present this year, Char, that was all him. Fred absolutely loves giving gifts, and he puts a lot of thought in each and every one of them."

Fred squeezed Mikayla's hip in thanks as Charlie apologises for taking Fred's word for it, and thanked him profusely for his gift. Mikayla jumped as the hall door swung open and bounced off the wall, Kingsley sending her and Fred an apologetic look for the ruckus. However, everyone was watching Penelope whose eyes were red from crying, and if it weren't for the shit eating grin on her face they would've thought the couple had just been in the middle of a fight. "We're engaged!" Penelope announces as she raises her hand to show off the ring, stunning most of the room into a shocked silence.

Mikayla and Fred immediately rushed over, smiling as widely as Penelope as they congratulated them both, which set everyone else into motion. Mikayla hugged Kingsley first before swapping with Fred to hug Penelope, "King told me about your part in this, thank you, Mikayla, for everything." Mikayla chuckled despite feeling herself tear up, "it was nothing less that what you deserve, Pen, congratulations." Mikayla whispered in response before breaking the embrace to allow someone else to congratulate the bride to be. Mikayla nodded her head towards the kitchen so Fred would follow her out there, which he picked up on almost instantly.

Once in the kitchen, Mikayla asked Fred to grab the bottles of champagne and non-alcoholic sparkling cider from the fridge. While he did that, Mikayla covered four serving plates with as many champagne flutes she possibly could. "I'll do the cider, could you fill those two with the champagne?" Fred confirms that he is up to the task, amused at Mikayla's doubt that he would help her with serving celebration drinks. When every glass was full, Mikayla placed a refilling charm in them, before she picks up the two serving plates of sparkling cider.

Following her lead, Fred grabs the two serving plates of champagne before magically opening the kitchen door for them to reenter the sitting room. They parted ways to serve the celebratory drinks to everyone in the room, the newly engaged couple beaming brightly as Mikayla arrived with the sparkling cider. Penelope did admit that she was a little disappointed that she couldn't have an alcoholic drink, stating that she loves champagne, which Mikayla internally took note of. Mikayla and Fred took the last two glasses of sparkling cider, neither of them were drinking that night because of their plans for later tonight.

Everyone held their glasses waiting patiently for the couple to say something, a speech or just a quick toast, to give them permission to drink. "We'll keep this short and sweet, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for not only supporting but celebrating our love with us today. But I also want to thank Mikayla..." The room turned to look at the blonde after she was mentioned, but Mikayla just looked back at Kingsley and Penelope and offered them a sweet smile of acknowledgment before Penelope continued on for Kingsley.

"We know you hate being singled out, but it would be a great injustice if we didn't thank you specifically. Without you, this day wouldn't be happening, it was you that lead us back to each other and it was you that gave King the very ring that I'm wearing right now." Penelope smiled and looked down at the ring of her finger, "and there isn't enough words in the world to tell you just how grateful we are. How grateful I am for you bringing the love of my life back to me." Kingsley said quietly, his voice scratchy from the lump gathering in his throat.

"We love and appreciate all of you, for all that you've done for us and for all you'll do in creating a better future. So, to you." Penelope raised her glass, but instead of everyone parroting back what she concluded with, they chorused "To Kingsley and Penelope" together before everyone took a drink. "Right! Let's get this party started!" Kingsley shouted, causing a cheer to echo across the house while Mikayla waves Ginny and Frank Griffiths over. "Frank, you can read sheet music right?" The young boy nodded, "Great, how about live music?" Ginny grinned, "I was wondering when you were going to ask."

Mikayla had sent all the solo singers their sheet music weeks ago so that they were prepared for the night's musical entertainment. Ginny was starting it off with a Christmas melody, where Mikayla would be playing the keyboard for her while Frank covers the trumpet. Gretchen had mentioned her older brother's talent on the instrument when Mikayla was planning out Christmas gifts for them. "Ready?" Mikayla asked from her stool, Ginny nodded before counting down from three with her fingers.

Christmas Melody (Mild Nawin- Ginny, Keyboardist- Mikayla, Trumpet- Frank G)

Jingle Bell Rock (Laura- Fleur, Guitarist- Fred)

All I Want For Christmas (Normani- Emma, Lauren- Fleur, Ally- Mikayla, Camila- Cora, Dinah- Ginny)

Rocking Around The Christmas Tree (Artie- Neville, Will- Frank, Jake- Patrick, Marley- Marcie, Kitty- Iris)

"Now the last two songs are originals. First will be Eva and Marcie singing the song they wrote called Snowflakes, which I love. Then Ginny and I will be finishing the mini Christmas concert, singing our original Christmas song called Christmas The Whole Year Round, with help of our very own boyband. So be kind, and give a round of applause for our fellow performers, who all did an amazing job." The room clapped as all performers, apart from Mikayla, Ginny, Marcie and Eva, bowed before returning to their seats.

Snowflakes (Olivia- Eva, Guitarist- Marcie)

Christmas The Whole Year Round (Sabrina- Mikayla, Sarah- Ginny, Guitar- Fred, Bass- George, Keyboardist- Brian, Drums-Lee)

As Mikayla cleared away all the musical gear, Fred set up the film projector, one of the gifts that Mikayla got him for Christmas, while Arthur transfigured the kids cushions into bean bag chairs for added comfort. Fleur and Molly covered the coffee table with bowls of snacks, George got the kids more pumpkin juice, while Bill hands everyone a bowl of popcorn eat that would refill itself with a tap of the person's wand. Charlie closed the blinds and turned off all then lights apart from the Christmas tree lights.

Mikayla slightly enlarged the last armchair for herself and Fred to share, as the opening scene for 'The Santa Clause' film, staring Tim Allen, begins to play. Fred grabbed their favourite blanket as he settling into the armchair with Mikayla wrapped up in his arms with her head resting against his shoulder. Chatter completely dissipated as the film began, some in disbelief of the mechanics of it all, others sitting back content in just watching the film over understanding it. The only thing breaking the silence was a short spout of collective laughter at the comedic moments of the film, each of them cherishing the unusual calmness in the room.

The world, or more specifically the war, always got in the way of them having more tender moments, they were always on high alert. It has never been a possibility before for them to just sit quietly and enjoy a Christmas film together. Each and every one of them was committing this precious moment to their happiest of memories. Today was a peak into what a future after the war could look like, being surrounded by loved ones and not having to fear whether or not their safety is at risk. This is the first of the many magical Christmas to come to this dysfunctional family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.6K 1.7K 34
"You insolent foolish girl! You're telling me that you can't follow directions for a simple damn potion and yet you are completely capable of cooking...
57.8K 2.2K 32
Emma Moore, professor in Healing at Hogwarts, has to suppress her feelings for her old best friend and now colleague Severus Snape, who she hasn't se...
264K 7.5K 35
• Harry X Reader • Y/N has a crush on the boy who lived, but who wouldn't? He's a brave Gryffindor with the looks to match. But after the events of...
26.8K 965 180
The summer after the death of her boyfriend Cedric Diggory, Mikayla is reunited with her Dad at the headquarters of the Order. Her relationships with...