Murder Mystery - H.S

By angelhazs

He was all seven of the deadly sins Harry Styles, a father of two twin girls, runs the most dangerous, well... More

☆ Introduction ☆
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19 *
20*
21
22
23*
24
25
26*
27*
28
29*
30*
31
32*
33*
34
35
36
37
38
39*
40*
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48*
49*
50*
51
52
53
54
55
56
57*
58
59*

13

3.2K 74 44
By angelhazs

Juliet.

I jerked awake, groaning slightly. A wooden knocking sound seemed to be coming from the front of the room.

I buried myself beneath the pillow, sucking in a sharp breath. I was completely exhausted. I need sleep.

Another hard knock causes me to jump up in bed; the bathroom lighting illuminates my room. "Christ Jesus."

I exhaled deeply. The room was large and unusual, but not unexpected. Harry's clothes smelled like vanilla and were too big for me.

As I closed my eyes, I felt suffocated by his smell, melting into the aroma that consumed me whenever he was around—when he was too close for my liking. His shirt and pants wrapped loosely around my body.

But I did fall asleep quickly.

I opened the door to find Harry on the other side. He was wearing only a pair of gray sweatpants that hung low on his waist.

Harry smirked and pulled on his lower lip, his eyes flowing down my body, and he looked far too amused. He looks up at me, his eyes twinkling with an emotion I've never been able to read.

Harry's hair was wild, but flowed perfectly on his head; he had a mustache and a beard growing in. I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms.

"What?" I scowled.

"Good morning, princess—you look like shit"

"Gee, thank you." I blink rapidly. "You're already leaving?"

"In a bit," Harry murmured, "Breakfast is almost ready. Come down."

"Breakfast makes me nauseous," I reply truthfully, stepping back, and tilting my head to look at him. "I do want coffee."

"Breakfast is like the most important meal of the day—you should know that."

"I do, but as a child, I never got used to eating breakfast because my morning cook was terrible at her job."

Harry averts his stare. "I'm not a shitty cook, though."

"What did you make?" I lifted an eyebrow.

"It's a surprise, and you need to eat a little. Don't want you to fuckin' faint when you're taking care of the girls.".

I hum

"I'll see you shortly." Before Harry has a chance to respond, I lock the door and head for the bathroom, where I brush my teeth, wash my face and gather my hair so it doesn't get in my face. Lack of sleep had left me with bags under my eyes, and I was jittery and confused, longing for a smoke.

My mind was full of thoughts about what happened last night. I kept thinking about Abigail and how calm she seemed despite being stabbed. For her, it might not have been the first.

The way she bled—the way the others appeared so carefree but so horrible.

How everyone was acting normally. Except for Abigail's bleeding, they were happy with themselves. I wonder what they were doing. What brought them to Harry's House in that way, and why was Zayn with them?

I made my way downstairs, and the aroma of food filled my nose. It smelled good, and the hunger in my stomach grew, even though I'm not a breakfast person.

"Juliet!" Both Marceline and Azriela yell, leaping out of their seats, their tiny feet clattering on the floor.

I grinned, grabbing them in my arms as they burst into laughter and screaming. "Good morning, Juliet," Azriela whispered.

"Good morning, Marceline and Azriela. How did you sleep?"

" Good. The monster didn't stay in my room again after you cast a spell on him," Marceline
Giggles, covering her mouth.

"See!" I laughed, "They'll never come again. Come on, let's go eat before the food gets cold. " They both nodded, returning to the kitchen.

"Do you like pancakes? We made some."

" Mhm." I murmur, "My absolute favorite, but I'm not hungry."

"But we helped daddy make it. We made the best pancakes ever, Please. " Azriela crinkles her lips.

" Yeah!" Marceline crosses her arms. "If you don't eat, you won't get stronger and be a big girl."

I chuckled, turning to face Harry. He was chuckling as he leaned on the white counter. Harry had a very basic kitchen. White and black with gold handles. Behind the stove was marble engraved, matching the island in the middle. A little round black table nearby, along with a few backless and gold chairs.

There were large windows all around, and the sun was shining in and glistening against Harry's body. The ceiling had a tinted black mirror, very similar to the one in his bedroom, in which I could see my reflection.

He opens a cabinet, stands up straight, and takes a plate out. "You wouldn't want to disappoint the girls, would you?" I peered down at the twins standing next to Harry and poutingly staring at me.

"I wouldn't." Harry nods

"Then I think you should go ahead and try the best pancakes the girls made,"

I scowled at Harry, "Fine. That's manipulation, but fine."

"I don't know what you're talking about," he chuckles. "Girl, please go ahead and sit at the table,"

"Wait a minute, daddy!" Marceline yells and rushes towards two large doors, pulling on the handle to reveal a hidden refrigerator.

I was watching her when she pointed at something on top. "I need the whipped cream, please," I walked over to her and grabbed the whipped cream. "Thank you very much; do you like whip cream?"

"I do."

Azriela was standing next to Marcelime, and her eyes brightened, as did mine. "With tons and tons of cherries and whip cream." Azriela then ponders, giggling.

" Mhm." I hum

"Do we have cherries, daddy?" She moves toward her father.

" We do honey, do you want some?"

" Yes, please."

"OK, baby, honey, sit down while I prepare your food." Marceline and Azriela both nod and walk over to the round table.

Harry is walking towards me. When he stood in front of me, smirking, my back was turned to the open fridge. He takes a step closer and reaches behind me—I'm guessing for the fruit.

"At least you're eating, right?" I give Harry a blank stare, and he smiles: "After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

"You get on my fucking nerves," Harry pours whip cream on top of the pancakes, looking over his shoulder at me.

"It wouldn't be the first time." He shrugs, and I walk over to him, picking up my plate and sprinkling a few cherries on top.

"Do you have syrup?"

" Fridge." He jerks his head towards the still-open fridge. I nodded and grabbed the bottle. "Don't pour too much of that shit s'bad for you."

"Oh, fuck off." Instead of listening, I put on a lot and use a lot of whip cream.

"You make me sick. S' not healthy." He takes both of the girls' plates, and I take my own.

I choose to ignore Harry. "Where's your food?"

"I made myself some avocado toast, with a milkshake, I don't eat this." He places the girls' plates in front of them while kissing the tops of their heads.

"But I have to? This is unhealthy."

I take a seat in front of them as Harry walks back toward the kitchen. The girls ate quickly, while I smiled at them and carefully ate my food. It was good—Harry was a good cook, but to be fair, you can't cook if you mess up pancakes.

I once messed up pancakes.

I'm hoping whoever I marry knows how to cook because I can't.

Harry places an orange juice in front of me, as well as sippy cups in front of Marcey and Azri.

"I'm going upstairs to get ready, but you guys stay down here and eat with Juliet, okay?"

"Alright, daddy." Marceline nods, and Azriela ignores Harry while licking the whipped cream from her fingers.

I looked up to see Harry staring at me. "Go!" he pauses and walks away, leaving me alone.

" Do you like it, Juliet?"

"I love it. Thank you very much, little ladies." They both smile, with dimples on their cheeks.

"You're welcome. We have ballet practice today; are you coming?"

"I have to talk to your daddy first,"

Harry comes down as soon as we have finished eating, and I have cleaned up the mess, washing their hands and mouths. Surprisingly, Harry wasn't wearing a button-up shirt and tie today; instead, he was wearing a plain black t-shirt that was snugly fitting to his body, exposing his bulging biceps, numerous tattoos covering his arms, and wet hair that was dripping down his neck.

As soon as he enters the playroom, his eyes immediately turn to me. Harry kneels to be at Marcey and Azri's level as they look up from the ground.

"I have to go to work again."

Marlene pouts. "But, Daddy, who will take us to the ballet?"

"Well, Titi Abby will be here later." Her gaze brightens. "She's taking you,"

"I don't want you to go to work." She repeats herself and turns to face Azriela, she had been completely ignoring Harry. A habit I've noticed she has.

"I know, baby, tomorrow I'll stay at home with you; we can watch all the princess movies and bake some cookies,"

Marcey nods, biting her lip. "Cookies with chocolate chips?"

"Anything you want," he beams.

"Can we please have marshmallows?"

"Of course, we can," Harry looks over at Azriela, rubbing her arm gently. She raises her head. "Baby, what's wrong?"

"I miss you." Harry scoops her up, placing her on his lap as she frowns. "Always at work."

Harry arched his brows. He looks like it's hurting him. "I understand, baby, honey. But after today, I'll be at home; I just have one more thing to do.

Azriela nods and starts playing with his cross-chain. "You're going to stay with Juliet; doesn't that sound like fun?"

I smile and nod as she looks over at me. "What do you want to do with Juliet?"

" Park?" Azriela's dark eyes shine brightly.

"Park again? What if we do something else?"

" What?" Marceline and Azriela say.

"Remember when I said we'd have a girls' day?"

Azriela gives a nod. "Well, let's have one today, just us girls,"

She frowns briefly before smiling. "And can we get our nails painted?" I hum.

"And lots of ice cream!" They squeal

"With sprinkles?"

"With lots and lots and lots of sprinkles!" Harry laughs and let's go as Azriela rushes into my arms, her eyes wide. "And cherries?"

"Yes!" Azriela and Marceline exclaimed, and I returned my stare to Harry, who had his stare fixed on me. I smile gently at him, my hands on her back to keep her from falling.

"We have to go a little later. For now, go and play,"

Azriela immediately walks away, but Marceline remains and turns back to face her father. "I'll save some ice cream for you, daddy."

"Thank you, Petal." Harry smiles, opening his arms as she approaches for a hug, kissing her cheeks and fixing her hair. "I love you," he murmurs.

Marceline responds with a giggle, "I love you more!" before running off to play with her sister.

"How did you sleep?" Harry asked, and as soon as she walked away, I was still wearing his clothes.

"I slept well." It surprised me that I didn't wake up with another nightmare, which happens most nights. I wake up terrified of finding my mother's body.

"I'll be home early,"

"How do I know you're not lying?"

"We have to train, and I don't lie. We had an accident yesterday, so I arrived later than I should have."

"What happened yesterday?" I cocked my head.

"Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to."

"But I do," I quipped, swallowing. "You come back with someone stabbed, you and all those guys bruised up, and I have not a single clue what the hell happened."

"Maybe because what I do is none of your fuckin' business."

I laughed and averted my gaze. "You're so ignorant."

"How am I ignorant, Juliet?"

"Why is it so difficult for you to tell me? Are you afraid?"

"Afraid of what? You blabbering your mouth to the cops."

"Seems to be the case," I shrug.

"I don't trust you, Juliet, and until I do, you won't know what the hell I'm doing."

"I mean, it's not hard to guess—sell drugs, kill innocent people, just like Zayn?"

"No one is innocent, Juliet; this isn't a fairytale."

"Not everyone is bad. Not everyone is a killer like you."

"Everyone's a killer if you push them hard enough."

"This is not correct. I would never murder anyone."

"Mhm," he hums, tilting his head. "I doubt that's true,"

I ignored him, looking away, and I could feel him approaching, my breath catching in my throat. He was now standing so close that the cologne he was wearing stuck to me like lighting.

"So what I'm getting at is that nobody has ever made you so angry that your body tingles with rage, to the point where you want to grab a gun and blow their funkin' brains out."

"Not a killer," I gritted, and Harry laughed as he drew his index finger over my heart.

"Everyone's a killer; deep down inside you know you've always wanted to kill someone who made you angry, but that sickening gut feeling is trying to convince you otherwise."

"You're wrong."

Harry tutted. "I never make mistakes, Juliet, and I'm going to prove it to you."

I scowled at him, "So fucking cocky."

"We all have our reasons, and if I told you I didn't kill people because they got on my fuckin' nerve, I'd be lying."

I looked over at the girls, who were in their little world. "You are insane," I muttered.

"We're all a little insane." He smiles. I take a step back and look him in the eyes. "Shouldn't you be going somewhere?"

He smiles "Be a good girl and behave while I'm away—I'll pick you up at noon to train."

I hum, returning my eyes to his green, icing-like eyes. "Goodbye, Harry."

He walks away, leaving me in the room with what he said. "Everyone's a killer if you push them hard enough."

The saddest part is that he is right.

I thought about it but never did it because someone else killed her. I felt nauseous at the idea that I would always want her dead.

No daughter should wish for their mother's death, but I did, and I received it most horrifically.

I felt nauseous when I thought that.

It was one of my deadly sins.

I would never admit that. I'm going to carry that with me forever. No one should have to hear how cruel I am simply because I'm self-centered.

I regret wishing that because that wish became true. she died and I regret it.

☆ ☆ ☆

We had just returned from the nail salon and the girls are currently downstairs with Louis and Harry. We got manicures and pedicures. Azriela picked blue on her toes and sage green on her fingers. To match her sister, Marceline painted her toes blue and her fingers pink.

Marceline and Azriela were very happy and couldn't stay still during the process, talking and enjoying every single second of it.

They squealed with delight every time they painted a finger. My fingernails were red, and my toes were white, according to the girls. Which didn't bother me. They were very nice colors.

After the nail salon, we ate lunch and then ice cream. I even went out and bought them more toys.

I just couldn't turn them down. The way they looked at me, with pouty lips and big eyes. When I agreed, they smiled brightly and hugged me as if I would vanish.

The girls were little angels, and as I spent more time with them, I began to wonder what had happened to their mother.

I knew Harry would never tell me because he doesn't trust me, but I think about it all the time.

Why would anyone abandon these two girls?

I was cleaning up the house, mostly the girls' toys, and attempting to put Harry's clothes away.

I tried to remember where Harry got the clothes, but he had so many drawers that it was nearly impossible. When I opened a drawer, instead of clothes, I found sex toys.

When I look at the various sex toys in his drawer, my eyes widen slightly. My mind flashes to Harry using it on himself and the way his body reacts to it, and for a split second, it flashes to him using it on me.

How his lips would feel on my skin, how he'd hold me, dripping with sweat as our bodies touched. I swallowed my thoughts. I've never had sex, but that doesn't mean I don't have pleasures, and the thought of someone doing it to me was always in the back of my mind.

If it felt better, how different things would be, and for some reason, the person I wanted to try it with is Harry, although I hated him with every bone in my body.

"Want to try out my new toys, princess?" I turn around and forcefully close the drawers. Harry was standing outside the closet, staring at me.

I look at him as I shuffle the shirt and pants in front of me, my eyes widening. "I just wanted to put this away." He hums and moves slowly toward me.

Harry takes it from my grasp, and I swallow harshly, smiling nervously. "We can do anything you want." He pressed his tongue against the roof of his mouth.

I pursed my lips, rolling my eyes. "Who are the twins going to stay with?" I walked past him.

"Abby," Harry swallows, putting the clothes in a drawer. I kept an eye on him. He moved slowly toward me until he was directly in front of me again.

"Ready to go? Or we can lock the room and test out what I bought," he murmurs, cocking his head.

"In your dreams, I need coffee. You've run out of coffee. " I leave his room, with Harry quickly follows behind me.

Once I get downstairs, he calls out, "Coffee?"

" Ahí!" I was dragged into a hug by Abigail. I froze; my entire body froze. I was itching to yell. I pushed myself off and took a quick breath before noticing the room spinning around me one by one.

No

Not now

No

I squinted my eyes shut and could hear Abigail's worried voice, but nothing made sense. "What you do to her!"

"I did nothing!" To Harry's shouts, Abigail responds. I gulped and tried to pay attention to my breathing.

I feel embarrassed by this.

"I just hugged her, and she started freaking the fuck out."

" Maybe don't hug people without their permission." Harry's voice was taunting, harsh. I open my eyes and look up at Harry.

He said with a sweet, gentle voice, "Deep breaths." and I closed my eyes again. He didn't touch me with his hands. But I took a deep breath just like he said. "Take a deep breath, Juliet."

I nod.

"Breath," he whispered, " In and out."

I hummed and harshly swallowed. I shrieked out, "I'm fine," with my heart pounding in my chest. "I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine."

"You're fine," Harry repeats to me, and I nod. I turned to face Abigail again, and she gave me an apologetic look while covering her mouth.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

"No, I'm sorry." Abigail shakes her head. "I should've done that."

I smile softly, getting interrupted by two kids screaming out. "Daddy, Daddy! A monster is chasing us; help!" They scream, and Harry catches them in his arms, bringing them up in the air.

Coming right out of the playroom is Louis; he was laughing at himself while pulling a mask away from his face. " Boo!"

" Louis!" Harry snarled. "Don't scare the twins."

Louis laughs, standing next to Abigail. "I was only testing out my Halloween mask for the job." Abigail shakes her head, glaring at Louis

Job on Halloween?

What is he talking about?

"I told you to behave, or you'd have to stay at home." I laugh, and Louis's eyes dart toward me.

"Hello, Juliet, so glad to finally meet you."

I hum" Hello." Louis was attractive. Tattoos all over his skin, blue eyes, intimidating. I smile, moving to look at the twins, who are still clinging to their father.

" Azri! I was just playing; want to go read about stars? " Louis wiggles his eyebrows. Harry kisses her cheeks before passing her to Louis, and she smiles broadly.

" Don't forget about their naps,"

" Stop telling me how to babysit."

"Would you like to paint before ballet?" Abigail questions Marceline. She nods cheerfully, and Harry kisses her cheeks, now the kids are free.

" They'll have their naps soon, don't worry." Abigail smiles

" Ready to go?" he looks down at me once we're alone.

I murmur. "I'm ready to go." He nods and turns to face the front door.

"We're going to stop by your house, so you can change and make some coffee."

"Perfect!" I uttered. Abigail calls out my name as Harry walks away from me. I stopped and turned to face her. She rubs her hands against her jeans.

"I'm sorry about earlier."

I whined. "Don't be. It's okay; I'm just not..."

"You're a germ-phobic?"

"Sure," I cleared my throat. "Something like that." Her brow furrowed up. "But you don't have to worry about it, alright? We're over it."

" Good. I don't know how much Harry has told you about The Art Gallery, but I'm going," she lets out with a smile."I have a killer stylist who will love to style you. How about we check her out tomorrow afternoon?"

"Despite not knowing much, it sounds good."

" Perfect!" She beams. "I'll pick you up at twelve. Get ready; she's incredible!"

"Okay, I better leave before Harry comes looking for me." As I leave the house, she nods and waves to me.

"Fuckin' finally," Harry rolled his eyes, smoking a cigarette against a shining small black car.

"I was talking to Abigail," Harry blocked the passenger side, pulled the cigarette away, and blew a cloud of smoke into my face.

I scrunch up my face, looking up at him. "About what?"

"It's none of your business." I grinned and took the cigarette out of his mouth, my fingers grazing against his soft lips. "These things are going to kill you," I muttered with a shake of a head.

"Seems a little hypocritical," Harry grins and steps away from the cigarette, allowing me to smoke the last of it.

"Not at all hypocritical." I take a deep breath, closing my eyes as it enters my lungs. Once I was done, Harry opened the car door for me.

Inside, there was red interior everywhere. It was my first time seeing his Bugatti. I had no idea he owned one. It was delicate, beautiful, and gleaming. I felt as if I didn't belong.

It takes a few minutes for Harry to settle into the driver's seat. He jerks his head in my direction. "Seat belt,"

I put it on even though my house is five minutes away. When we arrived at my house, I immediately poured my coffee into one of my largest coffee cups and rushed off to change.

In seconds I was back in the kitchen, where Harry was rummaging through my cabinets. I was dressed in leggings, a sports bra, and a t-shirt. My hair was pulled back and away from my face.

"That's a lot of coffee; do you think you'll finish it before we get there?"

"You underestimate me." I take a deep breath and add my creamer. "I'm practically married to coffee."

He laughs, and I take my first sip with my eyes closed. "Would you like some?"

" No,"

"Oh, thank God." I placed my hand over my heart and grinned up at him. "I didn't want to share."

He shakes his head as he looks at me. "You're unbelievable. Are you ready to leave? " I hummed when his gaze sank into my body.

"I hope you know what to do if I pass out."

"Why would you pass out? Jesus Juliet. " I shrugged, making my way back into his car.

"I don't exercise, train, or do any of that. Please don't be too harsh with me."

He hums; we were both in the car, heading somewhere.

"Nothing in this agreement requires me to work for you." After a brief period of silence, I respond. "You are using me."

"I don't care. I already said that I don't care if you don't feel like doing this job, you're doing it."

"Is it safe?"

"In this world, nothing is safe," Harry stated, "But I will keep you safe."

"But honestly, can you? You can't force me to go anywhere. " I take a drink of my coffee once more and set it down between my thighs.

"I can't." He arched an eyebrow and turned to face me once more, looking. "You'll do exactly what I say, Juliet."

"Just fuck off."

"And what if I don't?" He smiles and takes the cup from between my thighs, brushing his fingers against my skin. "I thought we talked about this; don't put that between your fucking thighs."

"Don't tell me what to do." I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I don't even help my own family, why on earth would I help you?"

"And then burn your skin, and what's next, a drive to the hospital?" He ignores my words.

"Wouldn't that make you happy? To see me in pain."

" Juliet"

" Harry"

"Stop talking," he grumbled, "You're getting on my nerves."

Harry was staring off into the distance with his free arm leaning against the windows; his knuckles around the steering wheel were white; and I turned to face him.

"Your mother's killer has returned." I opened my lips to speak and my eyes widened, but nothing came out.

" How... How do you know this? Are you sure?"

"Zayn didn't tell you who died last night?" He pursed his lips. " I thought that's why y'all went outside to talk."

I laughed, "What? Did someone die? " I swallowed shockingly " We were talking about something else."

"Your mom's killer is back after all. You wouldn't want to be the next, would you? " Harry muttered.

I questioned, with goosebumps all over my body, "Who died?" He turns his head to look me in the eyes.

"Do you remember a lady named Lisa?

"My nanny? " I was astonished by how shocking this came over. The woman was undoubtedly the best growing up; she was probably in her late 50s now. She was like a best friend. She gave me positive and uplifting feelings.

She demonstrated to me that there is much more to life than just murder, deception, and robbery. She was like a mother. She introduced me to makeup, taught me how to properly take care of myself like a woman, and allowed me to be myself.

She worked with us till I was 15. when my mother died. A ping of guilt will stay in me for never reaching out. When she left, I was in such a dark place that I didn't speak to anyone, and now I can't even apologize for how I treated her after my mother's death.

I chuckled, "You're lying, Zayn would've."

"Do you want to see the photos?" He digs into his pockets and pulls out his phone, and in just seconds, he turns it towards me.

I turn my head before I can look at the pictures—if it's anything like my mom's death, that would be the last thing I would want to see: "What's wrong, princess? You don't like blood," Harry chuckles.

"You are crazy," I took a deep breath, feeling overwhelmed. "Why would I want to see my nanny exactly how my mom died?"

"I wouldn't say exactly."

"You're insane."

I can nearly sense him shrugging with a smirk on his face, "Maybe— look at me."

"I don't want to watch it." I scowled, peering at my feet. " Please."

There were a few minutes of silence. "I turned off the phone."

I looked at Harry, wiping away my tears, and noticed that he was looking at me rather than the roads. "Now, unless you want Andrea killed, you'll obey me. I wouldn't mind trying something out n' killing her like that."

"You're sick." I covered my mouth with my hands, feeling sick to my stomach at the thought of looking at my best friends the same way I looked at my mother. I felt dizzy, had a weak stomach, and had vivid memories of the blood and her skin.

I took a deep breath and blinked my tears away.

"We will be there in five." Harry's voice rang inside the car.

"Why did Zayn not tell me?" I turn back to look at him.

He whirrs, "Maybe he didn't want to worry you."

"So the person who sent the message, are they my mom's killer?"

"I'm not sure."

"When will you know?" I tilt my head.

"I don't know. Whoever sent you a text message using a disposable phone. It's not trackable. I set up your phone so that no one can hack you, text you, or call you without you getting their number first."

All this news was overwhelming.

My nanny is dead.

If I don't obey Harry, he'll kill Andrea.

I tried to brush it off as we stopped near the casino parking valet. "We're going to train at the casino," I murmured, raising an eyebrow at him. Harry shook his head and walked out and I followed silently behind.

Harry walked past the security guards and entered the casino. It wasn't quite as empty, but it wasn't full either. Harry strolls until we come to a set of doors, then he opens them to a set of stairs.

"This was where I died. This is where you chain me up, isn't it?"

"Stop being ridiculous." Harry shakes his head.

" Well can't be ridiculous when that's all you talk about." I glared at him. As soon as we entered, the room was filled with mirrors, a boxing ring, and a few pieces of exercise equipment.

It was bright as well-- very bright. A little mini fridge near a wall. I pursed my lips, looking at myself in the mirror. Harry walked away and into the far back room. This allowed me to remove my t-shirt, leaving me in just a sports bra.

My breasts were squished against the sports bra, the fairy tattoo on my ribs, and the one under my breasts were protruding. It was a butterfly, with flower leaves on each side. I got this tattoo when I was seventeen, not my brightest idea, but it also wasn't ugly, just big compared to my others.

"Are you ready?" I was startled.

Harry stood behind me, his gaze dipping down my breast, looking at me through the mirror. He smirked, clearing his throat. " So this is the tattoo, you were talking about?" he tilts his head.

" Sure." I squeak out, running a hand over it.

"Do you know how to defend yourself?"

"I know a little," Harry walks closer to me, nodding.

"Alright. Concentrate on your attacker's weak points: the eyes, nose, throat, and groin. To have the greatest impact, aim all of the moves below at one or more of these areas.

I nod. "Remember that their chest and knees are useless; they do not hurt whoever is attacking you."

" Really?" Harry agrees, looking down at me. "Can I punch you? That will help in easing my anger.

Harry moves closer, giving me a blank stare. "Stabilize yourself as best you can."

He shakes his head while clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth as I stand. " No."

I scowled, "No?"

"You're not standing correctly."

"Show me how to stand correctly," I was still very mad at Harry, every time I looked at him the words rang in my ear.

"We're going to try a very simple form of self-defense called a palm heel strike."

"Yeah, I'm not sure what that is."

"This is a desperate attempt to escape. It works best when your arms are extended and you can reach the attacker's face without them blocking or covering it."

" Do I get to hit you trying this?" I found myself asking again.

"No, you don't. " Harry lowered his head and focused his eyes on mine. "But you want to, don't you?"

"How am I supposed to learn?" I cocked my head, his green eyes shining brightly ever since.

"We're going to practice punching and self-defense I'll grab you when you least expect it, so you have to try to escape. You're too weak to try it and hit me right now. " I rolled my hands into a fist "Stand with your hands by your sides and your feet shoulder-width apart.

"Such as this?" I slightly extend my legs.

"Take a natural step forward with your non-dominant leg while keeping your toes pointed forward so that your feet are staggered."

"Um..." I push my left leg forward and look at Harry for reassurance.

"Good girl," He nods, moving his tongue across his lips. "Slightly bend both knees, elevate the back heel, and raise your hands with your palms facing forward, a few inches from your face."

"This sounds stupid."

"It is not." He continues, shaking his head, "Tuck your chin in and slightly shrug your shoulders. Spread out your weight over both feet, putting more emphasis on the balls of your feet than the heels.

" Perfect. Now, when someone is in front of you, you can quickly push them away by striking them in that manner."

"I'm your attacker; when I try to capture you, where will you strike?"

"Eyes?" He muses

" Good girl."

"Another extremely simple and basic one is escaping from a person who is holding you from behind." I hummed.

I stand still while Harry circles around me, looking at him in the mirror. "Can I touch you?" I took a deep breath in and briefly blinked. "I'm not going to hurt you."

I nodded, but I already felt my heart beginning to beat faster as I closed my eyes. "Words, Juliet."

"Mhm— yeah. I think I'll be okay. " After staring at me for a while, Harry walks toward me with his head lowered till it is just about above my ears.

"Take a breath—it's me." Harry puts both of his hands around my lower waist. The touch caused my body to jerk forward since it felt so strange. So cold and extraordinary. I hate the way he felt against me. The warmth radiated from his bare chest and brushed against my back.

"What is the first thing you'll do if someone is holding you like this?"

I inhaled slowly and deeply. "Don't panic."

"Mhm, good girl." I inhaled, then exhaled gradually, meeting Harry's eyes in the mirror.

"Don't show fear. Psychopaths like it when you're scared; it makes them feel powerful." His breath got my skin.

Harry's grip on my body becomes tighter. "Now, princess, how do you get away?" Harry resists my elbow attempts, standing his ground with his feet firmly planted on the ground and his arms even tighter together.

I was currently in full panic mode, with my pulse beating even faster and sweat pouring down my body as a result of having him this close. "Biggest mistake."

"I can't—I can't." I sigh, "Let go of me." He releases his hold, and I move with my hands on my hips.

" You can't panic." Harry keeps quiet while my eyes averted.

" I'm trying!" I yell at him and then quickly regretted it. He's only trying to help and here I am taking my anger out on him just because I don't like
being touched.

"I'm sorry." I bit my lip and turned to look up, the bright lights stinging my eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I wanted to pull my hair out. This was pathetic. I seriously couldn't deal with other people touching me.

Harry murmurs. "Would you like to try something new? How about learning how to punch for now?"

I nod. " Please."

"Juliet, you need to overcome this fear. Even if you're afraid of others touching you, a kidnapper wouldn't care."

"I'm not afraid," I murmur, turning to face him, and gritting my teeth. "I just... Um. " I shook my head and let out a long puff. "Whatever, yes, I'm scared; can we just get this over with?"

He walks away, and in a few minutes, he is back with something white balled his hands. Harry no longer had any rings on his hands, and his shirt was off. I looked down at his cut, which was unquestionably healing but would still probably leave some sort of scar.

Harry starts unwrapping the wrap and looks up at me through his eyelashes. "Give me your hands."

I put one in front of him, and he grabbed it. I swallowed, briefly closed my eyes, and felt the roughness and the coldness of his hands.

It's just Harry.

He's simply helping me.

Relax.

I took a deep breath and turned to face him. He pokes my thumb through the opening at the end of your wrap and gives me a quick look before turning his focus back to my hands.

Harry then wraps my wrist three times with my thumb across the back of my wrist, making sure to keep the wrapper flat and even

He loops and loops around my fingers and hands—putting me into a trance. I bit my lower lip, looking at him, his hair falling in front of his eyes.

"It seems like a lot to do just to box."

"It's better than breaking your fuckin' hand."

I rolled my eyes, grinning. "Would you pretend to be a doctor if I broke my hand?"

" Juliet." He was now gently going between each of my fingers, beginning with my pinkie. I softly smiled and looked into his green eyes.

"Would you do that, Harry?" He raises his head.

"Do what, Juliet? Play doctor? Sure if that's what you're into."

"No." I laugh, "Kill Andrea—she's family, after all."

He took a swallow. "I would not." I hum. "Sometimes all you need is a little scary to get you to listen."

"You know, that was messed up," I frowned. "You shouldn't threaten people like that."

"Next time, listen to me." He starts with my left hand.

"Does it feel loose?" Harry questioned, wrapping my other hand.

"No," I whispered, shaking my head, his hair falling into his face. I wanted to reach out and push it away, but instead, I watched him silently wrap my other hand.

"I don't kill people so heartlessly like that." I stay silent.

I knew that wasn't true.

when he's finished with my hands, he steps back and walks away, leaving me with my wrapped hands. Harry walks back with gloves and slides them into my hands. I laugh, looking down. "It's heavy."

He looks up at me. "Let's go into the boxing ring." He allows me to walk forward and step inside the ring. He walks in quickly, looking around the room, his gaze falling on me.

"Show me your stance, princess."

"How come you call me a princess?" I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore Harry's tutting lips.

"You're standing incorrectly." I scowled.

"You didn't answer my question."

"Because everything you want is handed to you like a princess; after all, I am protecting you because you can't do it yourself," he exhaled.

Before I can finish, he cuts me off. "Always maintain a shoulder-width distance between your feet and balance your weight equally on both feet. Your back foot should support the majority of your weight.

I nod and stood as he instructed, and he circled me while humming. "Keep your elbows tucked in, your hands raised, and place your left hand under your cheek and your right hand under your chin." He continued, laying a hand on my elbow and lifting it higher, "Keep your chin down at all times."

When he touches me and presses his chest against my back, I grimace. "Deep breaths, princess."

"Don't call me that." I gritted my teeth.

"Your right toe and left heel should be in alignment." I fixed my eyes on my toes feeling Harry follow me.

"Stand on your toes and keep moving to practice your footwork."

"So, in a fight, do I just pretend to box?" I smiled as I heard him puff out and felt his breath on my skin.

"When moving around in the ring, maintain a straight spine. So that it won't impede the movement of your legs, and keep your upper body calm. Don't put one foot in front of the other when you step forward. You can then find yourself in an awkward and defenseless situation."

" Sounds hard."

"It's not difficult," Harry declares with a head shake. "Juliet, it's all in your head. Now hit the bag." He takes a step back, turning to face the punching bag.

I punched the bag, but nothing happened. I let go of my hands and turned to face Harry. "I can't do it. I am not strong enough. " He stares, moves away from the bag, and then turns to me.

"Juliet, it's all in your head. It's life or death; are you going to give up if this is real?"

" No."

"Try again." I turn around and position my feet where they were. "Before you punch, keep your elbows tightly pressed against your body and your fists near your face. Punches should be delivered with the weight and followed up with force. This will allow you to hit your attacker's head or torso with blows that are both effective and accurate."

"The punching bag doesn't have a head or torso."

" Juliet." I giggled, punching the bag once more. For the second time, it didn't move, and I groan, tilting my head up.

"Harry, I can't do it! I can't do it. " I grimaced.

"Be useful, princess, not useless."

"It's just difficult; I'm not useless, Harry."

"It's hard?" He laughs: "It's going to be hard when you're fucking getting kidnapped—it's going to be hard when someone's after you. Juliet this. This is simple. The punching bag isn't fighting back."

"Well, it's fucking not moving." I scolded him. The room was warm, and I was starting to get irritated. I was already perspiring. I need space. I need to cool down. He was making me angrier by the second, though.

"Well, try fuckin' harder, fuck. Stop being so frail. You can't do shit alone, which is why you're a fucking princess. " Harry scowled. "Utterly useless."

"Shut up." I gritted my teeth, turning to face him. His lips twitched forward, displaying amusement behind his eyes. "You're useless," he says again, taunting me. "This is nothing, you punch this? How on earth will you defend yourself, hmm? " He muses

" Harry."

"We're not leaving until you can punch that fucking bag,"

"I have no strength."

"With all your energy, just imagine punching me," he muttered, "Try again." I get back up and start breathing as deeply and sharply as I should. "Let all your rage out into the bag; it cannot defend itself."

"The trick here is understanding that the power of the cross comes from transferring your weight forward as you take your swing."

I keep staring at the black punching bag while his words echo in my ears. I took a deep breath and attempted to swallow my anger, but it was just growing.

"Come on, don't be weak; put most of your weight on your back foot, which causes your center of gravity to be a little bit farther from the bag."

I hummed, "Mhm," and then my ears started to ring. I just wanted to prove to him that I'm not useless.

"Shift your weight forward and use the force of your body to move your fist toward the bag as you take the blow across your body with your dominant arm. Make sure your hand swings upward after the punch instead of returning to its original position in front of your face. To position yourself for another forceful cross, you need to immediately move your weight back to the beginning position."

I hit the punching bag. I was startled into shock when I noticed it moving a little.

"It moved," he smiles.

"Told you so, now harder."

"Punching you was all I could think about." He rolls his eyes when I smile.

"Very funny." He breathed out loud. "That was a cross punch, now counterpunch a jab."

I hum, turning to face him. "What the fuck does that even mean?" I chuckled and he approached the punching bag and quickly threw a punch straight out of the body.

My jaw drops as the bag moves ominously. "Jesus. You make it seem so simple."

"It is simple." I whirred, Harry took a step back while gazing at his knuckles, halting the movement of the punching bag.

"You're next, princess. Your attacker will leave himself vulnerable to your right hook if they jab you with their left hand. Aim your fist across your body toward the right side of your attacker's torso or face while keeping your weight on the balls of your feet."

"Alright,"

"Use the cross to block a jab on its own, or combine it with the jab for a 1-2 combo. The cross punch gains strength from the shoulder. When throwing a cross, pay close attention to your feet as well. Move your body weight up to your front foot as you throw the strike from your back foot."

When I punch the punching bag, it moves much more than the first time. I grinned, but Harry cut me off before I could enjoy myself.

"Again," and I do.

" Again,"

" Again."

" Again,"

" Now, when you have time for a slower, more forceful punch, throw a hook. The attacker's head or body may be the target of the hook. To punch your opponent on the exposed side of their head or body, lean your body to the side from which you intend to strike. Several punches are frequently combined with the hook."

" Again,"

" Again."

" Again."

I come to a stop and crouch down while looking up at him. "I need five."

I take off my gloves as soon as he nods. I was sweating profusely like crazy. Harry leaves, leaving me all by myself. I took a sharp death controlling my breathing and closing my eyes.

"I don't see the purpose of learning, you know,"

"You're learning how to throw punches." He corrects me, and a cold water bottle falls onto my lap.

I grip it with my free hands in an attempt to fight the cold. "Knowing how to punch properly is very important."

"But let's say I punched someone; I won't have gloves on, so what's the point?"

"So you don't bruise up your knuckles. God knows how whiny you would be about that."

" I think you're forgetting I do enjoy the pain." He swallowed

" Different kinds of pain, princess."

"Oh, fuck it off," I smirked and set the water bottle on my forehead after drinking it.

"Is there no A.C. Here? I'm burning up."

"It's not that hot," he shrugs

"You weren't the one punching that goddam bag."

Harry grins, looking down at me. " Up we're not done"

A/N

Can't wait for them to explore that drawer ;)

( if u wanna see the fairy and the butterfly tattoo Juliet has follow my twitter @/angelhazs )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 344 12
I looked up at him, unsure of what just happened. I saw the blood glistening off of his gold H ring as he pushed my hair out of my face, scanning my...
27.3K 1.4K 37
Everyone has an angelic and demonic side to them, but what defines us is our choices which makes one more prominent insides of us. Jules was new to t...
27.4M 619K 106
BOOK 2/3 OF MALIGNANT SERIES (MATURE READ!) "We need to go, they're coming for us." He yells over the rain that's slapping repetitively against the...
96.2K 4.4K 45
Louis Tomlinson. A normal name of a normal guy. You'd think that, but it's far from the truth. Louis is the leader of the most wanted Gang in the Uni...