JOKER || Alice In Borderland

By Captain_Lurling

โ†ฑ โ†ฐ ๐— ๐—ถ๐˜†๐—ฎ ๐—ž๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ถ ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ป'๐˜ ๏ฟฝ... More

โฐโฐยน Miya Koichi
โฐโฐยฒ Game?
โฐโฐยณ Monkey Bars
โฐโฐโด Blondie
โฐโฐโต The Beach
โฐโฐโถ What a Sight
โฐโฐโท Questions
โฐโฐโธ A New Game
โฐโฐโน Tag
โฐยนโฐ Gift
โฐยนยน Gun
โฐยนยฒ Carnival
โฐยนยณ Trouble
โฐยนโด Meeting
โฐยนโถ Shit, Hatters Dead
โฐยนโท Sorry Arisu
โฐยนโธ "Witch Hunt"
โฐยนโน Fire of Judgment

โฐยนโต Hatters Depart

1.8K 87 3
By Captain_Lurling

Chapter 15

WHEN CHISHIYA WOKE UP THAT MORNING, HE DIDN'T EXPECT A PILLOW TO BE SLAMMED ON HIS FACE. Bringing his arms up confused, it was slapped onto his face one more before he could get any words out.

"Wake up, Chishiya!" Koichi's voice rang out through the hotel room and Chishiya grabbed the pillow before it could hit his face again.

Koichi nervously smiled and held his hands up in defence at the blondes glare. "What do you want?" He laid on the pillow again and Koichi went over to the windows to pull the curtains open letting in the sun.

"I'm bored. And I spotted that Arisu kid talking to a lot of people so I figured he was trying to get answers for something, ergo we should follow him." Giving the blonde a grin who sat in thought for a moment then pushed the covers off.

"That's what I was planning to do anyway. You're not original." Walking past Koichi who sighed sadly and fell on top of the bed.

"Get off my bed."

"It's way more comfortable than mine."

"Off."

Koichi mocked Chishiya silently and waited for him to finish getting ready before the pair went out of the room, Koichi leading the way. When they got downstairs, they ran into Kuina who was as always biting on the unlit cigarette.

"What are you guys doing?" She asked and walked beside them, Koichi spotting Arisu and Usagi walking through the lobby together.

"Koichi, here, wants to see what those two are up to." Pointing towards Arisu and Usagi, "Try to persuade them to join in on the plan. " The three looked at the two figures walking away.

"They'll likely not know what to do and see us as the best option. They already tried to scout out answers this morning about how far you can actually get out of Tokyo, whether or not there are other arenas outside of Japan." Koichi explained as the three sneakily followed.

Following them through the hotel, Arisu and Usagi made their way outside at the back. The three went the other way and remained up at the top of the stairs and Koichi turned to Chishiya when he heard gunshots down at the bottom.

A few guys walked up laughing with guns in their hands as Koichi, Chishiya and Kuina stayed beside the wall so they weren't spotted. Walking down the steps, Koichi spotted Arisu at the bin with a shocked expression and holding up the tarp before letting it go and coughing.

"That's what this Utopia really looks like." Arisu quickly looked up at the sound of Chishiyas voice.

Koichi and Kuina stood behind him a few steps above.

"Another Beach rule. 'Death if you're a traitor.',"

The trio now stood on the top of the hotel roof with Arisu standing in between Kuina and Chishiya while Koichi was directly in front of him with his arms crossed.

"Arisu. You and Usagi seem to have gathered a whole bunch of information." Chishiya spoke with interest at the man. "Are you two planning something?"

"No, not really." Arisu replied seemingly a bit nervous about the three carefully watching him.

"All right, I'll cut to the chase. How do you think you're going to live in a world of despair?" Chishiya asked out of the blue and Arisu became confused and looked at Koichi and Kuina.

"What?"

Koichi brought his hand up and bit his thumb nail as Arisu started talking again. "Look, all I want is some answers." He admitted. "Who's behind these sick games and...who killed my friends, Karube and Chota."

"I thought I'd be able to survive and go back to the world the way it used to be. But if that's not possible, I want Usagi to return at the very least. She's the only reason I'm alive."

His words sounded quite sincere and Koichi concluded the pair had created quite the bond if Arisu admits that. He couldn't say himself if many people would put others first, not even himself but it would have to depend on the situation.

"How touching." Chishiya responded and strolled towards the edge of the building. "This wish of yours... sure is nice, but not very practical, I'll tell you."

"Way to crush his dreams." Koichi smiled and Kuina walked to his side. "You'd have to win every single game coming up and become the next Number 1."

"Impossible." The brunette added.

Arisu sighed and Koichi noticed a slight annoyance in his features. "Look, it's not about you guys, all right?"

"We think you both have potential." Chishiya spoke quickly after Arisu who looked at the blonde.

"Huh?"

"That's why we're here right now."

"What do you mean?" Arisu asked, taking a glance at Koichi then back at Chishiya who had a smirk on his face. "What would you say if I told you, things could play out differently?"

The cars revved loudly as the men and women cheered and ran in front of the car and clapped. Hatter sat on the back and screamed back at them. "Let's go!" He yelled, hugging a few girls and sitting on the back with his glasses on.

"They've got a lot of guns." Usagi told Arisu as they walked down a hallway in the hotel. "Their arsenal is in the deepest room in the annex. And they have patrols too."

"As long as they have all those weapons, Hatter will be in control of everything" she sighed but then noticed Arisu stopped walking making her stop as well confused.

"What's the matter?" She asked.

Arisu didn't say anything and went to the window to look out, seeing the crowd waving off Hatter and his group.

"Hatter's making sure he keeps control of the militant corps, but it's only a matter of time before they retaliate.—" Chishiya said.

Niragi watched the commotion away from the crowd and leaned on the pole dramatically.

"—And if that happens, this place will be run by a bunch of brainless idiots with guns."

"Then it's cut and run."

It became tense between the four as Arisu became sceptical of Chishiyas words. "What are you planning?"

Koichi walked a bit closer to Kuina as the pair listened to Chishiya now tell Arisu his plan. "I'm planning to steal all the playing cards..bail off the Beach."

In all honesty,  Koichi could definitely see Chishiya being in a dramatic camera panel at that moment.

"Beach."

"A pseudo-utopia built on one guys charisma." Arisu said. "But then again, maybe we're the only ones who think that way."

Arisu stared carefully out the window while he talked to Usagi then turned around. "There is no utopia in this world." He declared.

"Usagi, we need to talk."

Koichi stood a bit away from the crowd with Chishiya by his side as they witnessed Hatter leave the Beach in hopes to restore his visa days. He didn't want to overthink it but, Hatter leaving the beach didn't feel like it was going to end well. Especially since he's not taking the militant corps with him.

Even though he finds them cocky, they would be able to protect him. Koichi knew the Beach needed Hatter as it's leader, without one, everyone might as well say goodbye to the peace.

Keeping his thoughts to himself, the pair basked in silence as the night would soon roll over and Koichi hoped nothing bad would happen while Hatter was gone.

But who was he kidding?

This was the Borderlands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

616K 22.3K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
175K 7.9K 29
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
815K 18.6K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.